Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Originally posted by JiaMoZhi
    -Yu Xuan was a good friend of Deng Xuan, he knew him better than by reputation. He even knew the kind of health that Deng had, which suggests that they frequent each other regularly. So I still think that Yu Xuan's hopelessness after learning about Deng's demise shows that Deng was a skilled expert.
    Maybe I should have separated the wording more, because it sounded confusing. What I mean, is that Zheng Xuan's reputation of "having never met a rival in several decades" is just that, reputation. Being undefeated could mean a lot of things, one being that he never went up against anyone really good.

Yu Xuan may be familiar with Zheng Xuan's skills, but his respect doesn't mean much to me at all. He'd have respected Yu PeiYu (before acquiring Mr.DengGuo's skill) if he was aware of him.

Even if he hasn't seen his master in the last 7-8 years, Deng Xuan still had many more years of martial arts training than the younger ShiYun.
    Maybe. Too much speculation. The exact length of training time is unknown.

That could be possible, but the opposite could also be true, since Deng was said to be unmatched for the last couple of decades.
    Maybe. Zheng Xuan's level of talent is unknown. ShiYun's is, given his skill at a young age. See above regarding the "unmatched" part. ShiYun could have been unmatched if he took on the known wulin world (i.e. the world where the 13 heads of the major schools reigned at the upper end of the spectrum).

But even though Nu might be higher in the top 10 list than DongFang, the difference in age between their students should still be able to balance it out.
    Age doesn't necessarily equate skill. So concluding that the students balance out is premature. I have no problem with some amount of speculation when it comes to these things. We all do it. But I believe there are certain levels of speculation and how much weight one should place on them. It seems to me that any strong conclusions centered around Zheng Xuan is kinda slim. I can accept that Zheng Xuan's skill lies anyway between Yu Xuan and ShiYun. Personally, I'm not prepared to go any higher based on the level of speculation here.

IMHO, your original conclusion that 8th Squire Fu is at least as good (implying that he's probably better) as the Ten Masters is rather bold if you're solely basing it on the Zheng Xuan incident. And I'm not even going to get into having the Ten Masters at the bottom of your list (below a Shade)?! (And please don't take anything I say the wrong way... I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion, I just disagree strongly with some of yours, as you do mine.)

That's nice. I'm not a fan of the deterioration theory anyway since people can always record their skills in a book.
    The problem I have with some peoples' view of the deterioration theory is that they hide behind it like some law of the universe. The theory is just that, a theory. What actually happens in the novels take precedance and drives the theory, not the other way around.

A lot of GL's longer epics do have a larger number of powerful fighters (and they tend to take place earlier) but the later eras don't seem to lack fighters just as powerful. And there doesn't appear to be a consistent descending slope in general skill when one examines the chronology.

Originally posted by Charlieboyjust a couple of things I found strange and inconsistent in the story were the fact that Mr.Dongguo is this seemingly god-like wise old man but then says and does things that are incomprehensible for such a great
    Answer A: Mr. DongGuo is wise when it comes to martial arts, but not so wise in other things.

Answer B: The writer who finished the story for GL just ruined some of the characters. A horrible ending for a great story. Such a shame.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 10-26-03 at 04:33 PM.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    And I'm not even going to get into having the Ten Masters at the bottom of your list (below a Shade)?!
    After Yang Zijiang killed his 1st Shade, Yu Peiyu said that he can't take 10 moves from a Shade, while the old Yu PeiYu from before the Feng San boost could last for around 100 moves VS Nu according to HongLian and the other people there. So personally I rate Shade higher than the 10 masters because he could have beaten Yu faster.

After Yang Zijiang killed his 1st Shade, Yu Peiyu said that he can't take 10 moves from a Shade, while the old Yu PeiYu from before the Feng San boost could last for around 100 moves VS Nu according to HongLian and the other people there. So personally I rate Shade higher than the 10 masters because he could have beaten Yu faster.
    Wow, just looking at these numbers one could perhaps jump to the conclusion that a Shade is almost 10x better than one of the best of the Top Ten masters. But I try to account for other factors and look at the overall picture because that just doesn't make sense to me.

- Before Yu PeiYu and Master Nu started their battle, and knowing what they knew of the two's respective skills... everyone felt that it would be hard pressed for Yu to withstand 50 moves. Some of the people there would have gauged Yu's level by watching his fight with ShiYun. And Master Nu certainly has a clear idea of his own skills yet he could not imagine Yu lasting 50 moves. Hong LianHua's remark regarding the 100 moves took place after the powered-up Yu already attacked. So I can only attribute it to him having a re-assessment of facts based on new information. Or him being in no position to judge. Whatever the case may be, that remark doesn't resonate too strongly with me. The remark regarding the < 50 moves carries more weight.

- When comparing GL fighters, I like to look at the specific factors pertaining to each individual battle. Yu PeiYu's superhuman strength, it being a hand to hand battle, and Master Nu's intention not being to kill would of course contribute to the length of time. Compare this to the Shade's killing frenzy, superhuman speed (not Yu's forte), and using a blade.... one cut is all it takes.

- Although Yu said he wouldn't last ten moves, aside from the reason above, I could also say he was being modest. People say stuff like that all the time in GL novels. But while I still note the fact that he said this, and take it into consideration, it would be more convincing if he actually fought. In light of everything else, that one statement along with Hong LianHua's one statement (which seems shaky in the first place), is not enough to convince me that a Shade or Yang ZiJian is that much better than Master Nu! (BTW - Yu PeiYu, in a weakened state, did much better than 10 moves against Hai DongQing whom you have at the same level as Yang...)

IMO, I would say that a Shade may give Master Nu a tough fight, just like he gave Yang, but I don't see him being better.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 10-26-03 at 07:54 PM.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Wow, just looking at these numbers one could almost jump to the conclusion that a Shade is almost 10x better than one of the best of the Top Ten masters. But I try to account for other factors and look at the overall picture because that just doesn't make sense to me.

- Before Yu PeiYu and Master Nu started their battle, and knowing what they knew of the two's respective skills... everyone felt that it would be hard pressed for Yu to withstand 50 moves. Some of the people there would have gauged Yu's level by watching his fight with ShiYun. And Master Nu certainly has a clear idea of his own skills yet he could not imagine Yu lasting 50 moves. Hong LianHua's remark regarding the 100 moves took place after the powered-up Yu already attacked. So I can only attribute it to him having a re-assessment of facts based on new information. Or him being in no position to judge. Whatever the case may be, that remark doesn't resonate too strongly with me. The remark regarding the < 50 moves carries more weight.

- Although Yu said he wouldn't last ten moves, aside from the reason above, I could also say he was being modest. People say stuff like that all the time in GL novels. But while I still note the fact that he said this, and take it into consideration, it would be more convincing if he actually fought. In light of everything else, that one statement along with Hong LianHua's one statement (which seems shaky in the first place), is not enough to convince me that a Shade or Yang ZiJian is that much better than Master Nu! (BTW - Yu PeiYu, in a weakened state, did much better than 10 moves against Hai DongQing whom you have at the same level as Yang...)

IMO, I would say that a Shade may give Master Nu a tough fight, just like he gave Yang, but I don't see him being better.
    1st of all, I never said that I thought Shades were 10x better than a member of the top 10.

2nd, yes I should have used the 50 moves estimates instead of the 100, I haven't read that part in a long time and I when I skimmed that part to check my sources I didn't notice it. But to me a 50 moves estimate or a 100 moves estimate is the same thing.

- When comparing GL fighters, I like to look at the specific factors pertaining to each individual battle. Yu PeiYu's superhuman strength, it being a hand to hand battle, and Master Nu's intention not being to kill would of course contribute to the length of time. Compare this to the Shade's killing frenzy, superhuman speed (not Yu's forte), and using a blade.... one cut is all it takes.
    You're supposed to use your best skill in a duel, and Nu's best skill seems to be his palms (which he again used in the fight at the end). Yes fighting hand to hand can be easier for Yu, but Shade's skills include his speed and sabre skill. Sometimes your strong point will be nullified by an opponent's ability, sometimes you run into a bad match-up. Like how Zhuge Gang's heavy weapon would not be useful against Dagger Lee. Or how Yu PeiYu could have beaten TiYun if he used his Xitian skills, while TiYun might have fared better against other fighters. When facing Shade, master Nu would also face the same situation. The novel did not say that Nu's speed was necessarily better than Yu's.

About Yu being modest, that could be possible, but I feel that Yu hoenstly praised Yang and Shade at that point. Adn Yu is not always modest, he's alwyas honest but sometimes he's direct, liek when he told Yi Kun he could last 300 moves against him. I think saying that Yu was being modest is at least as much speculation as when you told me that :

TigerWong said: Maybe. Too much speculation. The exact length of training time is unknown.
    in response to :

Even if he hasn't seen his master in the last 7-8 years, Deng Xuan still had many more years of martial arts training than the younger ShiYun.
    When we know that Zheng/Deng Xuan's was undefeated ofr a couple of decades, then it means that his martial arts training lasted at least a couple of decades.

About Hai Dongqing:

Yes Hai Dongqing took more than 10 moves to beat Yu PeiYu, but he killed 2 Shades, that's why I put him above the Shades.

So in conclusion, I believe that Shades are better than the top 10 masters because of:

- the estimate that Yu could last around 50 moves against master Nu. And please note that the estimate of Yu's skills was made from a battle in which Yu was holding back against ShiYun and TiYun.

-Yu's words about Shade's power.

You might not agree with these arguments, but I feel they are enough for me to draw my own conclusions.
    Last edited by JiaMoZhi; 10-26-03 at 08:33 PM.

But to me a 50 moves estimate or a 100 moves estimate is the same thing.
    Not really. If one uses 100 moves to defeat someone vs. another just needing a mere 10 moves then that's a strong discrepancy. Which pretty much proves that a Shade is much stronger than Master Nu (if you accept those numbers). My intention was to argue that Master Nu may have only needed < 50 moves, and the Shade may have needed > 10 moves to defeat Yu, which makes the line more fuzzy (and realistic, IMO).

Sometimes your strong point will be nullified by an opponent's ability, sometimes you run into a bad match-up.
    Exactly, so when I rank I tend to consider overall ability. And thus, trying to explain that although Yu may have a harder time against someone like the Shade than against Master Nu, that alone doesn't necessarily mean the Shade ranks higher than Nu.

I think saying that Yu was being modest is at least as much speculation....
    Yes, it is speculation. But a speculation that explains a number of things... because if one blindly accepts the "fact" that Yu would lose to a Shade in under 10 moves, it opens up a can of worms.

When we know that Zheng/Deng Xuan's was undefeated ofr a couple of decades, then it means that his martial arts training lasted at least a couple of decades.
    Maybe. But it doesn't mean he's necessarily equal to ShiYun. And it doesn't mean 8th Squire Fu can beat him in 2 moves, leading to a conclusion that 8th Squire Fu >= Ten Masters. Which was the point I was commenting on in the first place. (i.e., if we accept that Zheng Xuan = ~ShiYun, and still insist that 8th Squire Fu can beat him in 1 or 2 moves (Master Nu can't even beat ShiYun in 1 move!), then he should be way beyond the Ten Masters... and that doesn't make much sense to me.) But I think we've already discussed all that.

Yes Hai Dongqing took more than 10 moves to beat Yu PeiYu, but he killed 2 Shades, that's why I put him above the Shades.
    Wait..... so if Hai and Yang are even better than a Shade, why would it take Hai more than 10 moves to beat a weakened Yu PeiYu? (I'm talking about Yu being even weaker than his normal, non-powered up state) If Hai was better than a Shade, Yu would have been nothing to him normally, much less when Yu was weak from sleep deprivation among other things. Hai and Yang and the Shades are that much stronger than one of the better Ten Masters? Somehow I can't buy that. Especially when there are certain things that contradict that.

- Sidenote: Regarding Yu's comment of 300 moves vs. Yi Kun... It was obvious Yi Kun was toying with him, and Yu had a sword vs. Yi Kun's bare hands.

You might not agree with these arguments, but I feel they are enough for me to draw my own conclusions.
    Fair enough. I guess we disagree then.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 10-27-03 at 12:32 AM.

Default Chu Liu Xiang

Sorry to bother, but just would like to check with you all:

Are there any more translation on Chu Liu Xiang other than those posted by Athena on the SPC website?

There was a note in Athena's translation that seems to be more stories translated by Tiger Wong....

Thanks....

Default Re: Chu Liu Xiang

Originally posted by boycetwc
    Sorry to bother, but just would like to check with you all:

Are there any more translation on Chu Liu Xiang other than those posted by Athena on the SPC website?

There was a note in Athena's translation that seems to be more stories translated by Tiger Wong....

Thanks....
    There isn't any more that I know of. And Athena just meant that I translated the names of those titles. Man, that one statement is causing a lot of people to ask me about where those translations are.

Speaking of which, Tiger Wong, i love your translations and hope there's many more to come.

(p/s: i'm hoping there's no bigger pressure to translators than immense praise of their work )
    Last edited by Han Solo; 11-18-03 at 02:19 AM.

I had the feeling that the shades were holding back when Hai killed 2 of them. Since the shades were working for his master...
    And also I viewed the shades as having only a psychological edge over other fighters. I'm pretty certain (although I can't remember who) that certain characters actually 'injured' the Shades, but they just kept attacking without feeling pain. That was really what made them powerful, their eerie features and their inability to feel pain. Although they did have very high lightness kung fu, as evident in the scene with Feng San trying to save Zhu Lei'Er from a shade.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

thanx Athena for the superb and great translations and also the terrific epilogue. I think I struck gold when I just register to SPC and found out that the translation is already complete and finish this story in just 2 days!

I'm hoping people who translate JY story can have the same pace as people who do GL especially dagger li and this one.

Default Great Job Athena :D!

Wow, really lucky to have stumbled in upon this. Finished it all in a good 4 days ^_^. I'm sorry to hear that you no longer frequent the forum, hope that you'll decide to come back sometime soon. Thanks for allowing me to read such an excellent story .
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya,
    I'm behind but here are my comments regarding ch32.
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. He [Yu Peiyu] learnt that he would better not tell woman to stay quiet again, otherwise they might nag onto the matter for the rest of his life.
    -
    2. Tang Qi [of Tang Clan] said tragically:"Everyone just sees the glory of our clan, but they do not realise how many tears, blood there really is behind our glory."
    -
    3. She [Tang Qi] looked at Zhu Lei'Er and added:"Love and hate are very close to each other, the other side of love is hate. Would you not do the same thing if you were in her [Tang Lin -- betrayed Peiyu] position?" [Explains Gongsun/MadameGongsun/LiMoChou in ROCH ]
    -
    4. She [Tang Qi] raised her head and said coldly to Yu Peiyu:"Young master Yu, you really do know how to make young women sad, don't you?" [Can't imagine Yu Peiyu as womanizer. ]

Thumbs up Thx again, Athena!

Hiya,
    Been speeding along in Yu Peiyu's story.
    -
    Chap 33:
    Interesting/Funny Lines:
    1. Yu Peiyu did not say a thing, he just gently took her [Lei'Er] hand and pulled her along with him. Sometimes not talking is the best method.
    -
    2. Yang Zijiang asked:"Can I successfully force or trick you to harm Yu Peiyu?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"Of course not!"
    Yang Zijiang said:"You see what I mean, if you're determined about something nobody can force you to do anything.
    -
    3. Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Don't you understand? He cannot tell you the truth so the best way is to keep quiet. Now I know what the best method is in dealing with shrews."
    -
    4. Hard to believe that IronBlossom can just instantly reconcile with the death of TangYue/GoldenBlossom and married Yang Zijiang.

Cool More Comments

Comments about Chap34:
    1. Strange, this chapter where Yang Zijiang killing one group of lackeys, and then another, reminds me of the Silk Worm Feast.
    -
    2. Wow, a scene with two gys attacking with full offense. Heck, its like two equal Dugu9sword users attacking each other. Its like Dugu and SimonSnowblower battling.
    [QUOTE]quote: Yu Peiyu [...] explained:"Because both of them [YangZijiang and Shade] are extremely fast, if Shade hacks Yang Zijiang has already counter-attacked, as result Shade has to change stance to protect himself. He chooses the attack as the best form of defense, so Yang Zijiang's initial stance has to be broken off to protect himself again. However Yang Zijiang's also chooses the same tactic as Shade using the attack as the best form of defense. All the stances, techniques they have used are extremely lethal but cannot harm each other yet."
    Zhu Lei'Er said with shock:"So if Yang Zijiang is just a bit slower, he will be hacked with one stroke."
    -
    3. Dugu probably uses his head if the match equals, in battling SimonSnowBlower. So, how smart is Simon?
    quote: He was back in a blink of an eye carrying a tree, six months ago he used a pillar in Murder Manor to defeat 20 odd Kunlun and Diancang experts. After observing Shade's techniques he remembered something, clumsiness over ingenuity.
    -
    4. More Dugu9Swords between two equal users.
    ---
    quote: However this Shade seemed to have anticipated his attack and slashed into Yang Zijiang's direction three times with his sabre. Shade seemed to know how and what the stances of Yang Zijiang are.
    Yang Zijiang had no choice but to abort his attack and block the sabre, Shade seemed again to anticipate that move and chopped towards Yang Zijiang's elbow. Yang Zijiang quickly changed stance to block that stance after four stances he could with difficulty divert Shade's attack but he could not move forward or backward.
    -
    5. Hmm. Wonder if this is how Dugu beat up his chi-buffed opponents?
    ---
    quote: No techniques in the blade is much more sophisticated and superior to no blade but visible forms."
    -
    -
    Interesting/Funny Lines:
    1. Zijiang angrilly said:"I will pursue these people to the corners of the world if I have to."
    A voice from outside said:"Not necessary. I'm already here."
    -
    2. What level of martial arts one achieve is really predestined, no matter how diligent one is sometimes they will not reach the ultimate level. The same goes for chess, painting, etc. it really depends on your own talent, otherwise you can practise till you drop dead but still reach only beginnings; only capable of learning the form but not the essence. That is why in all these hundreds of years only a few great masters are produces for instance Wu Daozi (painter), Wang Xizhi
    (caligrapher)."
    He paused for a minute before adding:"However if you do not train properly, all the talent in the world won't do you any good." [Reminds me of Dugu and Xiao Feng. ]
    -
    3. A voice interrupted him:"Shade will never die, nobody can kill Shade. Shade is here to extract revenge." [...] He looked identical to the other Shade and when they looked down the body of the dead Shade was gone. Could it be that Shade can never die? He has come back to avenge himself. [Dang, he's like Jason in Friday the 13th. ]
    -
    4. Yu Peiyu suddenly smiled:"Have you heard of the tale that of the Child Prodigy exhausted the Blood Shadow?" [nice parable that parallels the main story]

Default More More Comments

Comments on ch35:
    1. Yu Peiyu, Zhu Lei'er, Hai Dongqing, and IronBlossom journeying through the tunnel like Dorothy and gang going to see the Wizard of Oz [TinCan, Dorothy, Lion, and Scarecrow][and lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my! ]
    -
    2. Egad, Zhu Lei'er becomes a detective within this story arc.
    ---
    quote: Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Right, these lamps. Let me ask you, how long can lamps like these burn without adding oil?"
    Iron Blossom said:"Without adding oil an ordinary lamp will burn out in just one evening. These bronze lamps are bigger so I would say an entire day."
    Zhu Lei'Er clapped her hands and said:"There! These lamps are still burning and that means that everyday someone is adding oil to them."
    She blinked and continued:"Furthermore Yang Zijiang was not here recently so someone else must have added the oil." [and more]

Thumbs up Thx Athena! I finally finished TSATE

Chapter 36 The Demon In The Underground Hell
    Serious corrections:
    The only regret is that he could not find Guo Pianxian and Zhong Jing, Ji Lingfeng was also missing. She must have taken those two along, he still could not figure out why Ji Lingfeng helped him and why she took Guo Pianxian and Ji Lingfeng with her.
    --- ... Guo Pianxian and Zhong Jing[.] Ji Lingfeng was also . ... those two along [,but or .H]e still could ... not figure out why Ji Lingfeng helped him and why she took Guo Pianxian and [Zhong Jing] with her.
    -
    -
    Comments:
    1. Reminds me of the "Wax Museum" movie.
    ---
    quote: Yu Peiyu sighed:"The person who ordered for the construction of this tunnel was afraid that they might reveal his tunnel to others, so when they finished the construction he killed them. And he poured hot wax over them and made them into these wax statues we see before us."
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. The movements in the art of levitation are dependent from one puf of internal energy qi. When in mid-air it is impossible to change or inhale another puf of qi, changing position in mid-air is already most difficult.
    -
    2. The woman in black continued:"That is because Jing Ke had extraordinary tenacity, he was able to stay calm and logical during the most dire situations. [Reminds me of WizardOfOz presenting the diploma, clock-heart, badge of honor][Monkey Magic and SunWukong's tenacity.]

Thumbs up More Thx :p

Chapter 37 The Yama Book Of Debts
    Comments:
    1. I cannot imagine Yu Peiyu is a snoop.
    ---
    quote: Still he [Yu Peiyu] was very excited. Reading secrets [Yama Book of Debts] of dignitaries of Wulin was most intriguing, being curious of other people's mysteries is also a rather nasty character trait of all humans.
    -
    2. Dang, I guess Wulin is not cruel/humane enough to enforce community service.
    ---
    quote: Yu Peiyu said:"I do not want you to pay for that mistake, I just want you to repent for that incident."
    Yi Kun laughed loudly:"If I did not repent for that mistake, I could have killed you now. So nobody might find out about that incident." [...]
    He sudenly raised his palm and struck himself on the skull.
    -
    3. There should be another chapter or two prior this chapter, cuz the introduction of the Squire Fu thread seems unrelated to the main search for Mr.Donggao. The chapter begs for explainations. Tolkien's "suspension of disbelief" is broken here.
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. The short [homo] servant seemed not too willing to let go of Yu Peiyu and said:"Don't forget to look for me afterwards, I'm called Little Clever."
    Yu Peiyu thought this little creep is called [Little Clever]??!!?? [!!??!! reminds me of the censor here. ]
    -
    2. But it was only natural, women who have reached a certain age love to cover the liver spots and wrinkles with make-up. [Was wondering why so much makeup. ]
    -
    3. Yu Peiyu was [...] worried about eighth Madame Fu's laughter. He was worried her make-up might drop off when she was laughing, fortunately she put layers and layers on it.

Thumbs up More More Thx. :p

Chapter 38 Fortuitous Occurrences
    Interesting Lines:
    1. His wife eighth Madame Fu stayed the same, but it seems that layers of her make-up were falling off her face. [Seems all the layers of makeup makes this moment. ]
    -
    2. She [Madame Fu] cried out and made a somersault backwards and stood six metres away from Yu Peiyu now, her robe was sliced open revealing her chest. Her hairy bosomless chest.
    -
    3. When a fatty becomes skinny too quick, he will look like this present Tian Chixing [was fatty; Eater of Constellations].
    -
    -
    Questions:
    1. A small cat jumped towards Mr. Dongguo, he smiled and caught the cat:"Little Black, Clever little back. Don't pull out my beard." [Clever little back?!?]

Thumbs up More More More Thx. :p

Chapter 39 The Beginning Of Chaos
    Comments:
    1. Cheesy event, Madame Dark Jade's superior abilities should note everyone near her. Ex. Tian Chixing and the oven. Feng San knowing Tian Jiyun. The trick Madam Dark Jade pulled on YuPeiyu/Zhu Lei'er/company fuzzed/died too early,
    ---
    quote: Zhu Lei'Er and others followed Yu Duhe in and hid themselves in the stone hall and they even breathe very softly.
    Now, that Yu Duhe and Ji Beiqing were gone they were still very careful and stayed hidden to be sure for some time.
    -
    2. This chapter really reduced a/group of masterminds down to the level of just villains. They were supposed to be SMART.
    ---
    quote: After some time she [Madame Dark Jade] softly said to herself:"
    Am I wrong?.........Have I really made a mistake?........."
    -
    3. Intelligent cats that recognize a stranger like Zhu Lei'er and can lead her to Yu Peiyu is kinda cheesy, too mythic and doesnt belong to HUMAN events: too unrealistic.
    -
    4. Mr. Dongguo should have killed Yu DuHe is one stance cuz his level is way higher. Feng San only uses one [or 2? or 3?] stance to kill DongfangDaming/HeavenlyKingLi. Besides, Yu DuHe shouldnt even EVADE Mr.Dongguo cuz of Dongguo's speed. [take the situation like EastUnbeatable in SOD]
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. Zhu Lei'Er said:"I am not in a good mood, so spare me your sarcasm." [...] Iron Blossom interrupted:"It is obvious. Miss Zhu is missing Yu Peiyu, with him gone she is also missing her spirit. Men cannot
    understand this."

Thumbs up More 5x Thx. :p

Chapter 40 Boundless Evil
    Comments on ch40:
    1. Mastermind's carefully planned tactics are now just one battle in Mr.Dongguo's sanctuary and admits defeat!?!
    -
    2. Mr.Dongguo has a calculation error of 50%!?!
    ---
    quote: Dongguo Gao said:"I do. Young master Yu has profound and stable foundation, due to his excellent level in the martial arts of the Xiantian Wuji School. Which makes him only needing half the time to master the ephemeral form dexeterity."
    Mr. Dongguo was very pleased and said:"You're right, little brother. I forgot about that."
    -
    3. This chapter REALLY violated logic and Tolkien's "suspension of disbelief" across the board. Consistency is lacking. Mr.Dongguo shouldn't need to elaborately kill Yu Duhe, right?
    ---
    quote: He [Yu DuHe] roared and advanced forward wielding his sword to surround Mr. Dongguo. [...]The one twirled his palms like a wall of energy, the other wielded his sword like a sea of blades, but waited for an opportunity to arise to attack with a lethal blow. [...] Mr. Dongguo's right arm sleeve was cut off and Yu Duhe was flung aside by the ephemeral form dexterity and vomitted blood before he died,
    -
    4. Wonder if Madame Dark Jade really died and not used wax again. Her artwork is exceptional.
    ---
    quote: Mr. Dongguo finally sighed and shook his head:"She has taken her own life in the end."
    The rest were surprised and looked closely to see Ji Beiqing, Madame Dark Jade, sitting ever so beautiful, ever so elegant and dignified like she was alive.
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. But there was no use in regret now, little good will that do. Regretting choices one made afterwards have proven to be futile over and over again [in]history.
    -
    2. Yu Duhe asked fierecely:"What do you mean?"
    Mr. Dongguo pointed at the corpse of Ji Kuqing and said:"He ridded you of a rival, now you can openly be with Madame Ji. No need for being sneaky in the future."
    -
    -
    Questions:
    1. How can Madame Dark Jade equal Mr.Dongguo, since in the previous chapter, he took BOTH Yu Duhe and her attacks, and still remain unhurt.
    ---
    quote: Mr. Dongguo and Ji Beiqing were evenly matched and they both stopped to see the outcome of the Yu battle.