Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Thumbs up More 6x Thx!

Comments on Epilogue:
    1. I dont think you need "Love is in the air," which seems too cliched and kinda redundant. The previous statements already said enough.
    ---
    quote: Yu Peiyu was not an eloquent man when it came to expressing his feelings, he now gazed into her eyes and gave her a deep kiss on her lips. That was his way to show his feelings for her, actions over words.
    Love is in the air.
    -
    2. Hmm. I imagined Parrot is like "Old Urchin"/ChowBokTong of LOCH/ROCH. Oh well.
    ---
    quote: Reverend Chuchen said:"Many years ago Shaolin and Wudang faced a rather difficult situation and it was this old sir who aided us in our times of need. So when we heard that he requested us not to interfere here, abbot Tianyun and I obliged."
    -
    3. I do not detect any characters/events that conflicts, so I'm in awe by your epilogue. congrats! Really dig the tiny details/wrap-up of all characters that have a fair amount of screen/book time. ie. Yu Xuan of Hainan School. I'm also glad u included Lin Daiyu.
    -
    4. Since the only book I finished so far is Moinllieon's Book1 of Lu Xiao Feng and that has a surprise that leads to Book2, I cannot comment on the Gu Long-ness of this epilogue.

Cool Random comment

Looking back at Yu Peiyu, he appears to be an anchor character. It's said [Stephen King?] that reading a story is like riding a roller-coaster and the reader needs a confirmation that they will be ok in the end of the ride. It's true here, since throughout all his adventures, Yu Peiyu remains calm and if he does react, the reader probably reacts as well.

wow...i would really like to show my appreciation for ur work athena

thank u so very very much...
    Last edited by Zhang San Feng; 01-28-04 at 10:32 AM.

Thumbs up

Marvelous translation indeed...

Just noticed this forum a week back.. finished reading it in 2 days time.. Addicted.. And a nice ending created by the translator..

Thanks Athena for the marvelous work.. Chinese illiterate like me really appreciate it...

Just finished reading the whole thing and would like to express my thanks to Athena, it is not only a great gift to us but also a very good translation.

Again thank you so much for translating this

I noticed this thread started at chapter 25. And the Gu Long reading room only goes up to chapter 9. Anyone knows where's the rest of the chapters?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by KJ
    I noticed this thread started at chapter 25. And the Gu Long reading room only goes up to chapter 9. Anyone knows where's the rest of the chapters?

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=6435

Thumbs up

Thanks.

To Everyone,

I would like to say thank you very much to Athena for her hard work in presenting to us with this great story.

I have only been a member of these forums for a short time and while I was browsing through the pages, I came upon this wonderful story.

I appreciate it very much.

(PS: You can find all the translation pages at:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...000#post236000)

Thanks so much Athena, for all your time/effort... maybe goddesses (at least One) exist after all
    I loved your translation, this was by far the most intriguing wuxia novel I've read so far, upto chapter 37th... it's just a pity that it had a DBZish ending and after ch 38th, the supposedly all wise and most respected characters throughout the story acted just like clowns and commited the most absurd blunders in order to keep the story flowing. I was soooo dissapointed , more so after all those really stylish eariier chapters. Anyway I still loved almost 95% of the whole story and your epilogue was a nice way to tie things up

Axel
    Last edited by s4life; 02-02-05 at 04:49 AM.

...it's just a pity that it had a DBZish ending and after ch 38th, the supposedly all wise and most respected characters throughout the story acted just like clowns and commited the most absurd blunders in order to keep the story flowing. I was soooo dissapointed...
    Yeah, I got frustrated with the end to... specially the stupidy of the once most respected and "wise" members of the realm...

Besides it the story is very good (it's some unresolved conexions tough) and Athena's tranlation was very good ... Don't miss her new work with Gu Long's LEGENDARY SIBLINGS.
    Last edited by Felipe; 01-29-05 at 12:18 AM.