Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

thanx athena for the quick translation....that yang guy really has class. from the look beginning i thought he was just a brat, but now my perception has changed.

Wow!! This Yang ZiJiang guy is mysterious..

In other words, these are the big leagues. These people deal with each other on a level that normal people, even those so called "experts" of the realm can't comprehend
    Yes, i agreed. Seems that anyone from Echo valley could just come over and beat up anyone from the great school with ease.

Now I am wondering whether the mastermind is actually someone from the echo valley!

I am a bit confused. was Yang the one who was here first and went into the room with Xiangxiang or the new guy???
    I think he's the one that went into the room with Xiangxiang.

And Thank you Athena for the updates

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for this very illuminating update. Seems we are just scratching the surface of the true elites. Heck, I'm prepped up to see another battle with all this theory and no action. For now, I'll just settle with my 10 YangFinger [vs. 1YangFinger] on my keyboard.
    -
    -
    -
    To Goofy:
    quote: I am a bit confused. was Yang the one who was here first and went into the room with Xiangxiang or the new guy???
    --- Yang is the gy that went with Xiangxiang. He returned when the owl man finished his inquisition. [proof/quote: The young man came back again ...]
    -
    -
    To pjaya:
    quote: Seems that anyone from Echo valley could just come over and beat up anyone from the great school with ease.
    --- or maybe the mastermind is after revenge against Echo Valley.
    -
    -
    To TigerWong:
    quote: Yang ZiJiang is one of my favorites in this story.
    --- Why is he so special? [except that his character is not normally associated with great arts -- another Master Nu-like figure.]
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. I like how Yu Fanghe's [mass] version of disguise is actually an evolved/updated version of the previous generations of disguises. [ie. historical quality]
    --- quote: The man didn't answer immediately and poured a cup of wine first:"The art of disguise has been around for hundreds of years, there are legends of people managing to fool with the art of disguise even destroying entire clans in the end. However I never believed these stories. But now, chancellor Yu is able to bring a new meaning to the art of disguise and with his ingenious plans....... Truly amazing!"
    2. Wow, I finally have a glimpse of the true professionals: awed in one respect but kinda idiotic. The professionals have nothing better to do but follow people around and driving their victims crazy. [aka Old Urchin Zhou Bok Tong -- the exreme version]
    --- quote: Yang Zijiang smiled:"After three sentences you are becoming anxious and nervous now. Imagine what would happen after an entire month. Picture it, someone whom you cannot see following you and repeating your every word. Can you stand it?"
    Wang Yuluo sighed deeply:"I think I will go insane."
    3. Another worthy victim that deserved to be pummeled by our hero. Wonder how soon ...
    --- quote: He now turned very serious and said:"It is because ever since I stared to roam the realm I have not met anyone who is worthy being killed by me."
    4. One battle I love to see: arrogant bs vs. arrogant bs [ie. Hai Dongqing vs. Yang Zijiang][Wonder what verbal assault they dish up first.]
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTION:
    1. I've seen many "young man" who is at first better than Yu Peiyu and I thought Yu Peiyu was lucky. How the heck these "young man" became so strong? [ie. Hong Lian, Shiyun - Master Nu's apprentice, Hai Dongqing - the Wolf, and now Yang Zijiang - almost sound Zhang Wuji ] What's up with all these "young man"?

2. Anyone know how to improve the Art of Levitation/Speed in Wuxia? [ie. Can explain why Linghu Chong sucks at perceiving faster opponents]

3. "art of levitation"? How about "art of weightless-ness"? "free flow"? "anti-gravity"? "airity"?

4. Does Feng San really DONT know the Echo Valley?

5. How many people are in Echo Valley?
    -
    -
    -
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. Yang Zijiang sneered:"In your eyes my art of levitation is very high, but that is because you've never seen true masters in this art before. In my opinion you haven't even heard of them."

Default Re: Thx Athena!

Originally posted by Anonymous
    QUESTION:
    1. I've seen many "young man" who is at first better than Yu Peiyu and I thought Yu Peiyu was lucky. How the heck these "young man" became so strong? [ie. Hong Lian, Shiyun - Master Nu's apprentice, Hai Dongqing - the Wolf, and now Yang Zijiang - almost sound Zhang Wuji ] What's up with all these "young man"?
    Hong Lian shouldn't be mentioned alongside the others (Shiyun is "alright", but even then...). The reason he was better (if that) than Yu was that Yu was weaker back then. There is a progression in this story, one peels away at each layer to discover another level of power that was previously unheard of. So of course, you'll be introduced to more powerful new fighters. It is also a characteristic of their training, right? Look who Shiyun's master is, one of the Ten Greatest Masters in the world.. beyond even the heads of the major sects. While Yu's father was a great martial artist, he was not a legend like Master Nu.

Default Re: Thx Athena!

2. Anyone know how to improve the Art of Levitation/Speed in Wuxia? [ie. Can explain why Linghu Chong sucks at perceiving faster opponents]
    There was a TV series "Hero from Shaolin" where they increased their lightness Kung-Fu by throwing tofu around and catching it without smashing it.

May contain spoilers

4. Does Feng San really DONT know the Echo Valley?
    Judging from events that have already unfolded, I think there are clues suggesting that Feng does know of the Echo Valley's existence.

-A member of the Echo Valley saved Zhu Lei'Er and Yu PeiYu. The helper might have done so because of Zhu Lei'Er and Yu PeiYu's ties to Feng San, which suggests that Feng is friends with people From the Valley.

-I have the impression that the person who saved Feng is as strong, if not stronger than Feng himself. Echo Valley people are of that caliber.

-Li ChiXing knows of the Echo Valley, so it's likely that Feng also knows about them.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

First of all thanks everyone for you ever so nice comments.
    Chapter 29 A Deadly Pursuit In The Night

Tang Wushuang shivered when he saw that Yang Zijiang looking at him like that.
    Yang Zijiang got up and said softly to himself:"There is a Miss waiting for me in the room next door."
    Tang Wushuang smiled nervously:"Does that cour....Miss know of our secrets?"
    Yang Zijiang said casually:"I want her alive now, at least I don't want to see her dead at this moment. I can't say the same thing after a few days. So she doesn't know a thing and is sleeping."
    Tang Wushuang smiled nervously:"In that case, you should not keep her waiting. I will......"
    Yang Zijiang interrupted him:"Aren't you leaving?"
    Tang Wushuang was confused and asked:"Leaving? Where to?"
    Yang Zijiang answered:"The Tang Manor, of course. Tang Wushuang should go home now."
    Tang Wushuang said with surprise:"Alone?"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Of course alone, you're not a child anymore. Should I still hold you by your hand?"
    Tang Wushuang stuttered:"But....but....."
    Yang Zijiang asked:"Have you forgotten who you are?"
    Tang Wushuang lowered his head and said:"I will leave now."
    Yang Zijiang smiled happily:"Your children and pupils are waiting for you. And don't forget your mission."
    Tang Wushuang said:"I wouldn't dream of forgetting."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Very good! You will arrive at Tang Manor tomorrow night. It is best that you will accomplish your mission in the next three days. If you fail I suggest you would find a place to hide for the rest of your life too."
    He turned around and walked to the door, he now turned around again and laughed:"You should also be careful about what you say. I might be listening right behind you."

Tang Wushuang swiftly left the brothel, Yu Peiyu, Zhu Lei'Er and Ji Lingfeng followed him out of the brothel. Of course using a different route.
    Ji Lingfeng frowned and asked:"Tang Wushuang is our key to unravel the mystery of Yu Fanghe. Why won't you go after him?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"The other man is also a key to Yu Fanghe's plans. I cannot allow Wang Yuluo to kill him."
    Ji Lingfeng asked:"Who do you think he is?"
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and said:"I really don't know and this isn't the time to speculate about his identity."
    Ji Lingfeng looked pensive and said:"Whatever this Tang Wushuang's mission is, it must be extremely important."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Indeed, if he returns all the Tang disciples are at his disposal. He can give them the order to kill everyone Yu Fanghe wants."
    Ji Lingfeng added:"Also the Tang secretive weaponry and poison are famous throughout the realm, we cannot allow Yu Fanghe to get those secrets."
    Yu Peiyu said:"All these are very important, but I still feel that the unknown man of earlier is of greater importance now."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Very well! You two can track that Wang Yuluo and the unknown man down. I will stay here and observe that Yang Zijiang."
    Before Ji Lingfeng left she smiled sweetly:"Don't forget our pact! Be careful about what you say too, I might be listening at your back you too."

Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu were walking through the streets, the streets were deserted and it was still night.
    Zhu Lei'Er listened to the silence of the nights, she kept listening and thinking.
    She thought about what happened between her and Yu Peiyu, she couldn't help getting emotional again.
    The moonlight lit up her beautiful sad face.
    Yu Peiyu walked very fast and he was looking about hoping to trace Wang Yuluo or that unknown man.
    But he didn't look at Zhu Lei'Er.
    She thought:He think I'm just in the way.
    Suddenly she stopped and said:"I'm leaving too."
    Yu Peiyu stopped too and asked with surprise:"Where are you going?"
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lip and smiled:"There are many places I can go, do not worry about me."
    Everyone could see that her smile was extremely sad and tragic. Only a blind person cannot see that she is trying to be strong, Yu Peiyu wished he was blind at this very moment.
    He wished he could say:Very well! You should leave. Although I'm very worried about you when you're alone roaming the realm. But staying with me is even more dangerous, I cannot even protect myself now let alone take care of you. Because of circumstances I cannot take you by my side, if you stay with me you will only become sadder and sadder. Furthermore I cannot stay with you for the rest of my life, can I?
    But he couldn't say those heartless words to her, how can he say them.
    He didn't say anything but gently held on to Zhu Lei'Er's hand and knew by this he would only complicate matters. But he couldn't care anymore, he cannot harm her feelings.
    It is a cold and harsh world out there, he cannot imagine and will not allow this girl to suffer anymore.
    Zhu Lei'Er wept softly. Out of happiness or out of sorrow, only she knows that.

Suddenly both heard a carriage coming their way and very quickly too. It is most uncommon that a carriage would ride this quickly especially this late. Unless there is an urgent matter the passengers have to attend to.
    The carriage stopped near a drinking pond for the horses, Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er quickly hid in an alley and could clearly observe the carriage.
    It was an ordinary carriage, but Yu Peiyu knew that the passengers were not ordinary people. He looked around the corner, a woman put her head out of the window. Unfortunately Yu Peiyu couldn't see her face and only saw her long hair.
    The driver of the carriage said:"Just in front is the Imperial Plaque bestowed by the emperor to widow Wang."
    The woman said:"We will wait here. We're late, how come he isn't here yet."
    She sounds very anxious and nervous, like a young girl planning on eloping with her lover.
    There was another feminine voice saying:"Perhaps he got tired of waiting and left. We should look for him." This woman sounded younger than the other woman.
    The other woman replied:"He knew we were waiting for him here. Why wouldn't he wait a bit longer."
    The younger woman said:"Don't worry, I'm sure he will be here soon."
    Just after she had finished, a shadow came sliding down a roof top. Yu Peiyu saw it was the unknown man. This man had already provided himself a getaway all along.
    The man said with a hint of reproach:"Do you know that you're late?"
    The woman said:"Because we're trying to make haste, one of our wheels broke. But....you......Do you....realise how worried I was?"
    The man said:"I noticed someone was following me, so I deliberately made an extra few rounds in town."
    He quickly got into the carriage now.
    The woman asked:"Is everything settled?"
    The man said:"We will talk about this later, let us go."
    The driver whipped the horses and they rode away.
    Although Wang Yuluo only has one arm now, he is still a martial arts expert. This unknown man could get away from his pursuit, meaning he was also not an easy character. And the women in the carriage were not to be looked down upon either.
    If they follow too closely they will easily be discovered, Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er couldn't follow them on foot the entire time.
    Yu Peiyu was trying to think of a plan, suddenly he saw Zhu Lei'Er moving swiftly to the carriage. She was agile like a cat and disappeared under the carriage in a flash. She held on to the bars beneath the carriage and rode off with the carriage.
    When Yu Peiyu wanted to stop her but it was too late, she had already hid herself under the carriage.
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and thought that this girl was really too bold for words.
    He followed them but kept a distance, he wanted to find out who these people were first. He didn't want to engage into any unnecessary conflicts now.
    After following for some time, he lost sight of the carriage but he could still hear it.
    He was gradually weakening after following for hours, no matter how strong Yu Peiyu was he couldn't keep up with horses the entire time by foot.
    He had no choice but to continue, he was very worried about Zhu Lei'Er now. She could be in danger now, also Yu Peiyu now realised he was very hungry too. He hadn't eaten properly for days now. He could hardly focus but he kept following the sound of the carriage, he didn't even know where he was or what time it was now.
    Suddenly he noticed it was dawn and when he took a deep breath and realised he was back where he started. The carriage stopped near the same drinking pond.
    They had been riding in a circle, the driver got off the carriage and went over to a stall for some noodles. Yu Peiyu was thinking what these people were up too, the driver sat down and was waiting for his noodles.
    Yu Peiyu stood there waiting, but the aroma of the noodles kept calling him. For a hungry man it is very difficult to resist the temptation.
    The driver's noodles finally arrived, the driver started to eat slowly. Yu Peiyu was very anxious and hoped he would hurry up. In a few moments the driver finished his noodles and still sat there, he even ordered another bowl of noodles.
    Yu Peiyu was beginning to feel something was amiss, why would the man and two women stay in the carriage and not come out. Furthermore they were trying to get away from here as fast as possible hours ago. Why would they allow the driver to take his time to finish his breakfast.
    Yu Peiyu was still hesistating on what to do, he finally made a decision and walked over to the driver. He asked:"Is it possible that I can ride with you?"
    The driver smiled:"Of course! There is no one else in the carriage. Where do you want to go?"
    EMPTY!!!!!!
    Impossible, Yu Peiyu broke out in a sweat, he opened the door to the carriage and indeed no one was there. When he looked under the carriage Zhu Lei'Er was missing too.
    He grabbed the driver and asked sternly:"Where are those passengers?"
    Last edited by Athena; 08-08-03 at 01:28 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Cool

thank you Athena.

I think the guy who escaped could be Tang's son (the one who married the blossom sister - he didn't die, right?) or Tang's closest disciple.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

I'm thinking the two girls are the Blossom sisters

Lately things seems to be so slow after the height of things with Feng Shan etc.

When are the masters coming back?

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Lately things seems to be so slow after the height of things with Feng Shan etc.

When are the masters coming back?
    Meh said in the old thread that the best chapters in the book were from 15 to 25. I agree that those chapters were awesome, and I expected the quality to drop suddenly in the chapters following them, but so far the story is still very interesting

There are more comments on the quality level of the book in the beginning of the 1st thread, but be warned, that area is littered with spoilers

Arrow

Goofy: You have an excellent ability in deducting.......My compliments!

Zhu Lei'Er attached herself to the bottom of the carriage, the dust and the bumping were almost unbearable.
    She also had to breathe softly and had to focus to hear what those mysterious people were saying.
    Fortunately those people started to talk and diverted her attention away from her suffering.
    The woman sighed:"I have been thinking of you a lot, lately. Have you been thinking about me too?"
    The man just coughed, the woman asked:"Haven't you been thinking of me?"
    The other woman giggled:"Don't be afraid. I won't look or listen to your conversation, just pretend I'm asleep."
    The man sighed deeply:"I....too....have been thinking of you. If not I wouldn't make a pact with them."
    The woman asked him:"Do you regret you decision?"
    The man said gently:"No, for you everything is worth it."
    The woman stayed quiet, Zhu Lei'Er wondered what they were doing now.
    She now knew that this man betrayed the Tang Clan because of this woman. But who is she?
    After some time, Zhu Lei'Er heard the woman sigh, suddenly she pouted:"You said you were asleep, why are you spying on us."
    The other girl giggled:"I was awoken by the two of you."
    The woman said:"I think you're just suffering from lovesickness. That's why you can't sleep."
    The other girl said:"I think the two of you are suffering from lovesickness, if this was a room........" She giggled.
    The man coughed dryly:"Is everything arranged?"
    The other girl said:"Don't worry. My sister has already arranged everything as soon as she received your letter. It is safer that we travel during the nights, up ahead we have rented a small farm for us to rest for the day. We will continue our journey tomorrow."
    The two sisters seemed pleased, however the man still seemed a bit worried.
    He asked:"Who did you ask to assist you?"
    The elder sister said:"Someone we can trust."
    The man said:"There are only few people in this world you can trust......."
    The elder sister said:"We just told him to rent a farm for us, he doesn't know anything about you and our relationship........After we've arrived there, we will silence him."
    Zhu Lei'Er was shocked that these young women were that vicious.
    The man asked:"Do you know where that farm is?"
    The elder sister said:"After we're out of town we will meet up with him."
    The man stayed quiet for a minute and said:"In that case tell the driver to ride around the town a few times."
    The elder sister was suprised and asked:"Why?"
    The man said:"We'll jump out of the carriage further ahead, we will leave town by foot. We will instruct the carriage to keep riding around in town, that way if someone is following us they will only follow the carriage."
    The younger sister smiled:"You've become very careful."
    The elder sister asked:"Has something changed?"
    The man said:"No, they've agreed to our terms."
    The elder sister said:"In that case everything has been settled. Why are you that afraid?"
    The man sighed:"Because everything has been settled, we have to be extra careful."
    The elder sister asked:"Why?"
    The man said:"I think they want to silence us."
    The elder sister said:"Who did you meet today?"
    The man said:"A lackey of Yu Fanghe, Wang Yuluo and Tang......that fake Tang Wushuang."
    The younger sister scoffed:"If they're smart they won't even consider following us, but if they do they will not make it alive to see Yu Fanghe again."
    The man said:"Those two men are hardly worth our attention, but there is someone who is ten times more formidable."
    The younger sister asked:"Who is that?"
    The man said:"He says his name is Yang Zijiang, I'm not sure whether that is true or false."
    The younger sister asked:"Are his martial arts very high?"
    The man sighed:"In my entire life I have never seen someone with such high martial arts. Around him my years of training are useless."
    The sisters were shocked and surprised and stayed silent.
    The man said:"Anyway you have to be careful now. Especially........"
    He paused for a moment and said:"I have even more reservations."
    The younger sister smiled:"Don't tell us those sad events anymore, otherwise my sister will stary crying again."
    She now turned to the driver and said loudly:"Old Wang! We will get out just further ahead. Don't stop the carriage and continue to ride circles around town. Do you understand?"
    The driver said:"Yes, I understand."
    The elder sister said:"If you reveal a word to anyone we will come back and kill you."
    The driver said:"I wouldn't dare."
    The elder sister smiled:"I know."

When Zhu Lei'Er knew that they were getting out any minute now, she was getting anxious.
    If she would follow these three, Yu Peiyu would lose track of them. If she stayed behind these three would get away.
    How would they know where they would hide?
    She suddenly remembered a little box of rouge, it was a wedding gift from one of those courtesans of Apricot Pavillion.
    She particulary liked this colour and put it away, she opened the box and used her fingers to write I'm following them, they've left town. with the rouge. She could only write this much, her hands were also quite exhausted from clinging on to the bottom of the carriage.
    The man said:"Let us get out here."
    They opened the door and three figures leapt out, it seems that the movements of the sisters were faster than the man.
    Zhu Lei'Er released her grip and she fell down hard on the ground, she almost fainted with pain. But she couldn't rest now and immediately got up and followed those three.
    She also noticed that these three persons weren't her match when it comes to martial arts.
    The driver didn't notice that they had an extra passenger. Zhu Lei'Er felt very proud and pleased about herself. She felt she was bold, cautious and ingenious. She even thought that people who have roamed the realm aren't as good as her.
    But she doesn't know that the longer you roam the realm, the more careful you become. Because you will be afraid to die. People like Zhu Lei'Er won't have a very long life expectancy in Wulin, if they don't change.
    The three have left the city far behind, and were moving to the remote outskirts.
    Zhu Lei'Er thought:"Do you really think you have left your pursuers far behind.
    She was feeling very proud and pleased again.
    The movements of the two sisters were very graceful, and with their long dresses they looked like fairies moving in the night.
    Unfortunately Zhu Lei'Er still couldn't see their faces.
    They have reached a series of farmhouses, this place looked very idyllic. A pond with fishes and ducks, geese. And all sorts of the farm animals.
    But Zhu Lei'Er felt that there was something missing in this picture, but she couldn't put her finger on it.
    The younger sister said loudly:"This is the place." Zhu Lei'Er could clearly hear her words.
    The man asked something, but Zhu Lei'Er couldn't hear it clearly. But it should be something like:"Are you certain?"
    The younger sister said:"Haven't you notice that we have no roosters here? People working in the country always have chickens and roosters."
    The elder sister smiled:"A rich young master like you won't know the goings-on of the country."
    The man still looked surprised and puzzled, the elder sister said:"People around the country always raise chickens and roosters. But because roosters are animals we don't like, that's why we have ordered them to be killed."
    Zhu Lei'Er now understood, what was missing. She softly said to herself:"So you and I are both users of poison."
    Roosters are feared by users of poison, because roosters have the ability to kill and eat all sorts of poisonous insects.
    Someone in the farmhouse was already alarmed by the barking of the dog and walked out. When he saw the two sisters, he respectfully said:"This lowly disciple welcomes the two elders."
    One of the sisters waved her hand and the man walked back inside again, the dog was still barking. The man kicked the dog and the dog quickly went away.
    Zhu Lei'Er swiftly moved to a big haystack, although the dog saw her but it didn't dare to bark anymore.
    Zhu Lei'Er wondered what she should do now. Should she meet up with Yu Peiyu and tell them where these mysterious people are hiding? Or should she stay here and observe them?
    She was still doubting about what to do, she accidentally brushed againt the haystack softly.
    Before she knew it, the two sisters stood next to her, now Zhu Lei'Er had finally seen how they looked like. They looked really pretty and sexy.
    The younger sister smiled:"Little sister, aren't you afraid of the nippy morning air?"
    Zhu Lei'Er blinked her eyes sweetly and said:"I live here too in the neighbourhood. And I didn't like to stay at home the entire time, so I came out for some fresh air."
    The younger sister smiled:"In other words we're neighbours."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Yes, we are."
    The younger sister smiled sweetly:"We just prepared a large pot of beef soup, please join us. It's better than standing here in the cold morning air."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Very well, I'm a bit hungry too. Beef soup, nice."
    The elder sister stood there and smiled:"Very good, I was feeling sad that we don't know anyone around here. I'm so happy that we're able to be friends with a sweet and dear girl like you."
    Both were not afraid of Zhu Lei'Er and thought a young girl like her is hardly a threat.
    Both of them accompanied Zhu Lei'Er inside, Zhu Lei'Er wanted to see what kind of spectacular abilities these sisters had.
    She thought:You will be in a surprise if you plan something against me.
    When she entered that farmhouse, she noticed that it was very tidy and orderly decorated.
    That man was not here anymore and also the man that came to greet them was also gone.
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit startled and thought:Have they killed that person?"
    The younger sister asked:"What is your name? How old are you? How long have you been living here?"
    Zhu Lei'Er gave them some answers and thought that she was quite a good liar.
    However she doesn't know that most women are born liars, men on the other hand have to be trained properly if they want to lie well.
    The elder sister and the younger sister went into the kitchen and brought out bowls, chopsticks, spoons and a pot of soup.
    The elder sister poured a bowl for everyone, the younger sister said:"Little sister, eat up while it is hot."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I'm afraid to eat it."
    The elder sister was a bit surprised and asked:"Why?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled innocently:"Poor people like me, hardly eat meat. So I'm afraid my stomach cannot take it."
    The elder sister smiled:"Don't worry. I haven't put in any strong spices, so I'm very confident you won't have a stomach-ache."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"Won't I die after eating this soup?"
    The elder sister was a bit taken by her remark and turned to her younger sister.
    The younger sister smiled:"Why would you say a thing like that, little sister?"
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"In that case, I will drink it now. Thanks!"
    Zhu Lei'Er started to drink the soup with delight, both sister looked pleased.
    The younger sister gave the younger sister a meaningful look and asked:"Did you put in the special ingredient?"
    The elder sister said:"How can I forget?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Delicious! Unfortunately I don't really like that special ingredient."
    The two sisters looked startled, the younger sister said:"There is nothing special about that ingredient, it is just our own home-made spice."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Oh, alright. But why does my tongue feel funny now."
    The elder sister laughed:"Perhaps I put in too much salt."
    Zhu Lei'Er said softly:"Too much salt.......but that's not very good either."
    Suddenly she fell down and didn't move anymore.
    Both sisters cried:"Are you allright? What is wrong?"
    When she saw that Zhu Lei'Er was unconscious they felt relieved.
    The younger sister patted herself on the chest and smiled:"She gave me a scare, I thought she was an expert on using poison too."
    The elder sister smiled:"If she was an expert she wouldn't drink an entire bowl of our soup."
    The younger sister asked:"Did you put enough in it?"
    The elder sister said:"Enough to even knock out an expert like granny Hu."
    At this time the unknown man came in and when he saw Zhu Lei'Er, he asked:"Why did you kill her?"
    The elder sister looked annoyed and said:"Why can't I kill her? Do you know her?"
    Before the man could speak, the younger sister said:"Be careful about what you say, my sister is a jealous shrew."
    The man sighed and smiled wryly:"Because I don't know her, that's why I want her alive."
    The elder sister looked a bit angry and said:"Why? Do you want to become friendly with her?"
    The man said anxiously and was nervous now:"I just want to question her about who sent her? And if she has any other accomplices. Don't you believe me?"
    The elder sister looked happily now and said sweetly:"I was just joking with you, of course I trust you."
    The younger sister pouted:"Why are you angered? If my sister doesn't love you she won't be jealous. If someone would be jealous because of me I will be very happy."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-09-03 at 09:35 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

so addicted to yur translation Athena...hopefully the mastermind would reveal himself soon so i can sleep in peace. hehehe..thanx u for translating an excellent novel to us non-chinese readers. i think the tv production should get off their as$ and make this into an adaptation.
    Last edited by ProtoM; 08-08-03 at 08:19 AM.

Are not roosters the same thing as... when you use dashes to overcome the filter it really makes it stand out

It makes me want to giggle for some reason... much like the time when someone said "Then the seamen spilled out on to the deck..."

Childish I know but I just can't help it at times.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Talking

I know darkcser.
    I'm trying to be consistent in my writing, perhaps some of you have noticed that I use BE instead AE. And roosters is an American word, so.......
    Perhaps I will have to change that into rooster..........
    And all we need of hell.

Cool

Athena - thanks for compliments, but I merely read from the clues:

** The young smiled:"Don't use your projectiles, I'm very much afraid of the Tang weaponry."

**"...He turns on his own family..."

So I thought of Tang Wushan's son.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Dannnggged... Goofy... you could become a detective with your deduction ability. I guess Zhu Lei'er is only pretending to be unconscious so she can hear all the juicy conversation. I'm surprised that they didn't check her pulse or anything.

I have mixed feeling for Zhu Lei'er. On one side she seemed so innocent and brave that you can't help but like her .... But she also stole Yu Peiyu from Lin Daiyu using an underhanded method (pretending to be poisoned) . I'm still hoping that Yu will hook up with Lin at the end...

Thanks for the update Athena....

darkcser: I know what you mean... I have the same ... err symptom.. also......

Originally posted by Athena
    I know darkcser.
    I'm trying to be consistent in my writing, perhaps some of you have noticed that I use BE instead AE. And roosters is an American word, so.......
    Perhaps I will have to change that into rooster..........
    Is "Mount E Mei" located in a British colony?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Cool

My great grand teacher received English lessons from an English lady in 1900 something.......Needless to say that rubbed off on me.
    And all we need of hell.

From what work does "Bright Jade Dexterity" originate from? Is it a loose translation of YuNuiXinJing?

Guess I should refrain from pestering you with these questions

Your translation speed is simply amazing. I was reading about 3 chapters ahead on my own but now you've eclipsed that.

-KotOR

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for the two updates I missed. I dont know the meaning of the overkill interludes yet. However, a catfight in the next episode will liven things. Does the scene includes nudity that I come to associate with Silver Blossom and maybe the Heavenly Silkworm sisters? [j/k]
    -
    -
    To JiaMoZhi
    quote: A member of the Echo Valley saved Zhu Lei'Er and Yu PeiYu.
    --- How did you conclude this?

To Han Solo:
    quote: Lately things seems to be so slow after the height of things with Feng Shan etc. When are the masters coming back?
    --- What about the Silkworm feast? Actually, this interlude [Lei'Er going into trouble] does stretch more than previous ones. And you just have to settle with the master's apprentice [unsure if Yang Zijiang] for now. haha
    To TigerWong:
    quote: . There is a progression in this story, one peels away at each layer to discover another level of power that was previously unheard of.
    --- Thx Tiger. I just find there are too many "young man" and "young woman" popping all over the place while the old ones make rare appearances.
    To Darkcser:
    1. quote: "Then the seamen spilled out on to the deck..."
    --- dont get it.
    -
    2. quote: Are not roosters the same thing
    --- Cock is more mature. haha. [Sorry, cant help myself. Someone said this is a mature story previously.]

To Optimus:
    quote: But she also stole Yu Peiyu from Lin Daiyu using an underhanded method (pretending to be poisoned)
    --- She was not pretending. However, the end result is she is still alive though. Technically, Yu Peiyu should be more honest to her.
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. With the doppleganger plan Yu Fanghe displays, he doesnt need secret weapons.
    --- quote: Ji Lingfeng added:"Also the Tang secretive weaponry and poison are famous throughout the realm, we cannot allow Yu Fanghe to get those secrets."
    2. Oh boy, Yu Peiyu in denial. I hope he doesnt become like Linghu Chong in his denial period. However, he definitely has brotherly feelings for her.
    --- quote: Everyone could see that her [Zhu Lei'Er] smile was extremely sad and tragic. Only a blind person cannot see that she is trying to be strong, Yu Peiyu wished he was blind at this very moment. [...]
    Furthermore I [Yu Peiyu] cannot stay with you [Zhu Lei'Er] for the rest of my life, can I? [But] he cannot harm her feelings. [...] It is a cold and harsh world out there, he cannot imagine and will not allow this girl to suffer anymore.
    3. Since Yu Peiyu could track this man [the inquisitor to fake Tang Wushuang], there must be a reason why Yang Zijiang would only use the other two lackeys [to kill this man].
    --- quote: a shadow came sliding down a roof top. Yu Peiyu saw it was the unknown man. This man had already provided himself a getaway [carriage] all along.
    4. Back where Yu Peiyu started but without Zhu Lei'Er as he wanted it.
    --- quote: Suddenly he [Yu Peiyu] noticed it was dawn and when he took a deep breath and realised he was back where he started [when he first follow the carriage].
    5. This parallels how the driver drove around the city, again and again.
    --- quote: In a few moments the driver finished his noodles and still sat there, he even ordered another bowl of noodles.
    6. Yu Peiyu going to rescue his [Lei'Er] wifey huh? [Strange, since he want to get away from her. ]

7. Yu Peiyu "the man" following Zhu Lei'Er "the woman" by her rouge ... [implications]
    --- quote: She [Zhu Lei'Er] suddenly remembered a little box of rouge, it was a wedding gift from one of those courtesans of Apricot Pavillion. [...] she opened the box and used her fingers to write I'm following them, they've left town.
    8. More reasons why Zhu Lei'Er not mature enough to marry yet.
    --- quote: She [Zhu Lei'Er] even thought that people who have roamed the realm aren't as good as her.
    But she doesn't know that the longer you roam the realm, the more careful you become.
    9. Cheesy answer.
    --- quote: Zhu Lei'Er said:"Oh, alright. But why does my tongue feel funny now."
    The elder sister laughed:"Perhaps I put in too much salt."
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS:
    1. So, most high level martial artist can run faster than a horse, but cannot match endurance with it [even with high levitational arts]?
    --- quote: He [Yu Peiyu] was gradually weakening after following for hours, no matter how strong Yu Peiyu was he couldn't keep up with horses the entire time by foot.
    2. How Zhu Lei'Er held the carriage bars for hours? Natural body builder or what?
    --- quote: She held on to the bars beneath the carriage and rode off with the carriage. [...] He [Yu Peiyu] was gradually weakening after following for hours,
    3. quote: C-o-c-k-s- are feared by users of poison, because c-o-c-k-s- have the ability to kill and eat all sorts of poisonous insects. true?
    -
    -
    -
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. the longer you roam the realm, the more careful you become. Because you will be afraid to die.

2. People like Zhu Lei'Er won't have a very long life expectancy in Wulin, if they don't change.

3. However she doesn't know that most women are born liars, men on the other hand have to be trained properly if they want to lie well. [more objective: women have better verbal skills -- brain]

4. The younger sister pouted:"Why are you angered? If my sister doesn't love you she won't be jealous. If someone would be jealous because of me I will be very happy."
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-09-03 at 03:50 AM.