Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Cool

that shows I am on the same wavelength as GL's

BTW, why do you have to put the word 'cock' in dashes? Is there special reason in the story?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

u dont want the explanation

Originally posted by Goofy

that shows I am on the same wavelink as GL's

BTW, why do you have to put the word 'cock' in dashes? Is there special reason in the story?

hahha... you're as innoncent as Zhu'Er

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    hahha... you're as innoncent as Zhu'Er
    or bad at English.

I guess it is a bad word then, but since it is not sensored, it couldn't be that conspicuous.

Originally posted by Goofy
    or bad at English.

I guess it is a bad word then, but since it is not sensored, it couldn't be that conspicuous.
    It's not censored because of all the dashes

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Still Goofy, you are some detective! Can I be you doctor Watson?
    Darkcser: Bright Jade Dexterity is the martial arts the two princesses Yaojue and Liangxing learnt in the Legendary Siblings. I think I will turn the word into rooster. Just to avoid the confusion.
    Again thanks anonymous, Jia Mozhi Optimus, Yang Guo, Han Solo, ProtoM and Optimus for your insightful comments.
    Optimus: I agree with you. Zhu Lei'Er is so naive, innocent and cute that one will grow to like her. At least I do.

The man smiled:"I'm not angry, but I just......"
    The elder sister smiled:"Don't worry, I didn't put anything lethal in the soup. She won't die, I will revive her in an instant."
    Before she could say anything else, Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"No need for your help, I've revived myself."
    She got up and immediately grabbed the man's hand and rendered him immobile. The man wanted to take her pulse at the time and before he knew what was going on he couldn't move anymore.
    He was also amazed that this young woman's martial arts were that high.
    Both sisters were surprised and looked at each other and thought why didn't it work on her?
    The elder sister was even more amazed, she personally put the poison in the soup, it was enough to knock out ten horses. How could this young girl take it?
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at them and smiled.
    The younger sister composed herself and smiled:"Little sister, we didn't put any poison in your soup. We were just joking with you, if there was really poison in it you would be dead now."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Yes, I think so too."
    The younger sister said:"Yes, that special ingredient was perhaps a bit too spicy for you. But although it was a home-made recipe, it was composed by someone else and not by us."
    The younger sister ran into the kitchen and came back with a small bottle, she said:"This is the bottle with our home-made spice."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Really, there is no poison? I would like to taste it."
    The younger sister was surprised and happy, she was thinking how to trick this young girl to take in this bottle of poison.
    The younger sister said:"If it is really poison, you can settle the score with me later on."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But if it is poison, won't I die? That way I can't settle any score with you anymore."
    The younger sister was a bit shocked, and smiled:"This......"
    She didn't know what to say, but Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Throw me the bottle and I will taste it myself."
    Zhu Lei'Er caught the bottle with her right hand and drank the entire contents. But she still held on to the man's hand.
    The sisters looked pleased and thought this young woman was an idiot and felt relaxed now. They also felt sorry that they had that strange young woman drank the entire bottle. It was not easy to compose this poison.
    Zhu Lei'Er praised:"Delicious, it is worth getting killed over."
    The younger sister sighed and said:"One.......two.......three......."
    At the count of three she saw Zhu Lei'Er still standing. They had never seen this before, even martial arts experts couldn't withstand this poison.
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Four......five.....six......seven......."
    The two sisters were shocked and afraid now.
    Zhu Lei'Er continued:"Too bad there is so little, could you spare me a few bottles."
    The sisters were too shocked, they had never encountered someone who could withstand their poison before.
    The man saw that they were no match for this young woman so he sighed:"Please forgive me, for not recognizing an expert....."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"I'm not an expert, my stomach is just a bit better than normal people."
    The elder sister stuttered:"I admit defeat, what.....what.....do you want with him?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Nothing I just want......." She didn't finish the sentence because she now saw that there is another person in this room. She didn't know when he came in.
    He was sitting in a chair and was yawning. It was a young man who was quite handsome and very skinny. Although the sisters were shocked too to see this young man, but Zhu Lei'Er and the unknown man were even more shocked.
    It was Yang Zijiang.
    The unknown man hoped Yang Zijiang could save him, Yang Zijiang yawned a few more times before looking at them. He smiled.
    The unknown man asked:"Brother Yang, do you recognize this Miss?"
    Yang Zijiang said:"I think she is your friend, she is holding your hand very tightly."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Yes indeed, we're good friends, aren't we?" She put a bit of extra force in her hand, the man broke out in sweat because of the pain.
    Yang Zijiang said softly:"No wonder you didn't want to stay at the Apricot Pavillion. It is because you have hidden so many beautiful young women here. How dare you keep them for yourself!"
    The sisters looked angry, the man said:"I have told them that master Yang Zijiang is a famous young hero in the realm."
    Yang Zijiang laughed:"Since when did I become a famous young hero."
    Zhu Lei'Er thought for a minute and said:"Master Yang must be hungry now, won't you have some soup?"
    The sisters were hesitant, but the eldest sister saw Zhu Lei'Er's hand on the unknown man. She said:"I will get a bowl for you."
    Yang Zijiang said:"No need! I'm not the son of the Lady Zhu of the Palace of Enchantment nor am I the pupil of Feng San. I cannot stand that soup."
    Zhu Lei'Er was shocked that he would know her name and the sisters were surprised that this young woman's antecedents were that spectacular.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"How do you know me?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"Miss, you're a very famous person now in Wulin. When I heard what you did in the Family Li Village I wanted to meet you at once. You and I are both rogues."
    Zhu Lei'Er angrilly reproached:"Mind your language! I'm not a rogue."
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"All those men who disappeared in the Family Li Village must be dead because of you. With your young age you're that formidable after a few more years you will even be greater. That's why we are made for each other."
    Zhu Lei'Er was angered by his arrogant words and behaviour, she wondered how to deal with this Yang Zijiang.
    The younger sister smiled:"I think you're a bigger rogue than her."
    Yang Zijiang clapped his hands and said:"Nobody in this room is a good person."
    The younger sister said seductively:"I think we're a match for each other."
    Yang Zijiang looked at her lecherously, the younger sister felt he was stripping her with his eyes. She wanted to poke out those eyes of him but she kept smiling.
    The younger sister bit her lip and asked:"What do you want from me?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"You can be my second concubine, the more the merrier."
    The younger sister took out her handkerchief and smiled:"You're so greedy."
    She now looked confident because she thought this Yang Zijiang would fall down because the powder in the handkerchief.
    Yang Zijiang laughed:"That handkerchief cannot seduce me, my heart is gone a long time ago."
    The elder sister saw this wasn't going anywhere, she raised her hand and seven golden projectiles shot out of her sleeve towards Yang Zijiang.
    Yang Zijiang gently brushed his hand and the seven projectiles flew back, the elder sister quickly dodge but unfortunately a few strings of her long hair were cut off. Seven golden blades were stuck into the wall.
    Zhu Lei'Er and the two sisters were very worried now.
    Yang Zijiang put his feet on the table and laughed:"What do you think of this technique? If you want to see more skills use all your rusty secretive weapons on me."
    The younger sister sighed:"We give up."
    The unknown man said sternly:"Kill me now! But leave these women alone."
    Yang Zijiang sighed:"You're not a heartless man are you. Why do you think I'm here to kill you. I might even rescue you."
    Zhu Lei'Er sneered:"Spare me your lies, Yang Zijiang."
    Yang Zijiang yawned:"If I want to kill him, it will be extremely easy."
    The younger sister asked sweetly:"Do you want to kill him or rescue him now?"
    Yang Zijiang laughed:"The truth?"
    The younger sister nodded.
    Yang Zijiang said:"First I will save him from the hands of Miss Zhu, afterwards...."
    The younger sister asked:"Afterwards what?"
    Yang Zijiang said casually:"Afterwards I will kill him myself and have a good time with three beautiful girls here. After I grow tired of you I will sell you to a brothel."
    The unknown man, the sisters and Zhu Lei'Er were furious when they heard Yang Zijiang's arrogant words.
    Yang Zijiang continued:"I'm capable of doing almost everything."
    He looked at Zhu Lei'Er and smiled:"Watch out! I'm going to save him from your hands."
    Zhu Lei'Er released her grip of the man and said earnestly:"Go! I will deal with him."
    The man was surprised and when he saw that Zhu Lei'Er swiftly flying up and storming towards Yang Zijiang with attacking stances, he wanted to leap through the window.
    When Zhu Lei'Er reached where Yang Zijiang stood he was gone. The man was pushed back from the window and fell down. Yang Zijiang was sitting on the table yawning again.
    He said:"Look I've saved him from Miss Zhu."
    The elder sister stuttered:"You....you....what....."
    Yang Zijiang said calmly:"Now I will kill him, don't worry he won't suffer."
    He walked over to the man, the man couldn't move now.
    The sisters took off their dresses revealing their underwear. They looked very sexy and their skin was smooth and white.
    The elder sister shouted:"Move one more step and we will all die together."
    Yang Zijiang sighed:"Do we really have to fight to the death."
    The sisters said:"Yes." They took out two golden daggers and pointed towards their own chest.
    Yang Zijiang frowned and asked:"Is this the infamous Blood Dissolving Dexterity?"
    The younger sister said:"Since you know what this skill is, I suggest you would leave now."
    Yang Zijiang said:"If I don't want you to die, you won't die."
    Yang Zijiang flew up, the sisters gritted their teeth and wanted to use their daggers to stab their own chests.
    Zhu Lei'Er was a bit stunned by this scene, she wasn't eager to see these two sisters die like that. She knew that when just a drop of blood of those sisters made contact with Yang Zijiang he would not survive.
    Before Zhu Lei'Er could see what was going on, the sisters were in the arms of Yang Zijiang and the daggers on the floor.
    He smiled to Zhu Lei'Er:"I am so sorry, I only have two arms."
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"No matter, I will take them from you."
    She knew that the unknown man was very important to Yu Peiyu, she had evaluated the situation and knew that Yang Zijiang couldn't block or avoid her full potential attack with two girls in his arms.
    She leapt up and crashing down on Yang Zijiang and raised her palms. However Yang Zijiang gently pushed the two sisters towards Zhu Lei'Er. Zhu Lei'Er had to redraw her palms and she felt someone blowing in her neck.
    Yang Zijiang whispered in her ear:"Even if you studied with Feng San for another thirty years, you still wouldn't be my match. Stay with me and make me happy, I might teach you a thing or two."
    Zhu Lei'Er felt weak all over and wanted to kick this annoying man to death, but she too couldn't move anymore.

Yang Zijiang placed the three young women in chairs, Zhu Lei'Er wanted to curse him but she and the sisters couldn't speak because their speech acupoint was sealed.
    The sunlight shone on the beautiful naked bodies of the two sisters.
    Yang Zijiang said seriously:"This is an important day for me. Today is the day that I will kill for the first time, I would like to see that the three Misses would be my witnesses and give me some pointers."
    He bowed and said:"This is the first time I will kill someone, I really didn't want to kill a man like him. But I have no choice."
    The sisters were crying, Yang Zijiang had use the golden dagger to remove the remaining garments of the sisters.
    Yang Zijiang said:"If there are any friends of these beautiful ladies here I hope they will come now. It would be a shame that only three people would witness such an important day."
    Zhu Lei'Er originally hoped Yu Peiyu would come soon, but now she hoped he would stay away. Because this Yang Zijiang is too frightening for words.
    Yang Zijiang sighed softly:"People tell me that killing is very exciting, why can't I feel that."
    He turned to the man and smiled:"If you're in pain, blink to me. I hate to see people in pain."
    He was about to hack the unknown man, when a voice from outside said:"If you're in pain, blink to me. I hate to see people in pain."
    Yang Zijiang's face changed and stormed to the window and shouted:"Who is there?"
    The voice outside said:"Who is there?"
    Yang Zijiang turned pale and said:"Are you.....?"
    He didn't finish his question, he dashed through another window and was metres away in a flash. Everyone could hear him say:"Parrot! There are no grudges between you and me. I'm not to be trifled with either."
    The two sisters were stunned, Zhu Lei'Er was shocked and surprised. This Parrot had helped her out two times, she was hoping to see his true appearances today. She looked at the window and hoped he would come through it.
    Indeed, someone came through the window.

End of chapter 29

P.S.: I have replaced that certain word with the American word rooster. Just to avoid any unnecessary confusion. .
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 01:39 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Default Re: Thx Athena!

Originally posted by Anonymous

To JiaMoZhi
    quote: A member of the Echo Valley saved Zhu Lei'Er and Yu PeiYu.
    --- How did you conclude this?
    -Li ChiXing told the people hiding in the furnace to get out.
    -Zhu Lei'E got out.
    -Someone smashed a hole in the wall next to the furnace and paralysed Yu PeiYu.
    -That someone repeated everything Li ChiXing said, making him flee.

Thanks for the regular updates Athena.
    Very kind of you to donate your skills for the benefit of others

woo more parrots... that is a good way to get out of trouble... hide yourself and repeat the guy's words until he runs away... did Yu PeiYu get smart or is it really the parrot?

And of course, Thanks Athena for another great posting!

Athena, I bow to you for this wonderful translation. I'm really enjoying Yu Peiyu's tale, more than I thought I'd enjoy GL's work. Although it does seem to be getting into that faux Doyle and ridiculously complex plots again... GL would've been much better if he had cut some of his overly elaborate plots.

Still, very fun.

BTW, I'm not sure whether you'd be offended or not, but your avatar makes me think of you as some cute giggling Asian schoolgirl. If you're offended, blame it on your avatar.

Cool

Dr. Goofy and Miss Athena - the detective duo - Criminals Beware!!

My insights:

1. The two sisters should have performed the erotic dance (that they did in front of Tang Wushang earlier).

2. They somehow seemed conservative in this last chapter compared to their first appearance - love's influence???

3. The parrot was in fact Yu Peiyu to lure Yang away.
    (my detective piece)

4. Zhu was better than the two sisters???? Somehow, I thought the opposite but guess I am wrong here. However, Zhu's resistance to poison definitely the best.

Well they're one sister short, so the power of it probably decreased... plus the guy wanted to rape them anyway... so not much point to it

They're both in love now, plus the Tang guy is there

That's what I guess too

She's definately got a high immunity to poison... she probably took them by surprise.

Athena a giggling school girl?

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Like the humorous competition between Zhu Lei'Er and the girls. Yang Zijiang is shaping out evilly, so I'm definitely anticipating him to get a worse treatment than Silver Blossom.
    -
    -
    To Yang Guo:
    quote: Well they're one sister short, so the power of it probably decreased... plus the guy wanted to rape them anyway... so not much point to it
    --- What about those girls tendency to drive men CRAZY? [meant in a spicy way ] That is similar to how Echo valley deals with their targets.
    To Battosai:
    quote: your avatar makes me think of you as some cute giggling Asian schoolgirl.
    --- I'm not surprised if you swoon from Athena after this. j/k [ie. her dough maker; rolling pin]

To Goofy:
    quote: Dr. Goofy and Miss Athena - the detective duo - Criminals Beware!!
    --- Reminds me of two things: (1) female version of YangGuo and the Divine Condor (2) Actually, I think it's the hero that should beware becuz of two girls. However, Yang Zijiang will definitely give you gys a call. haha
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Wonder what will happen when Yang Zijiang touch Zhu Lei'Er, since she has poison touch.
    --- quote: Yang Zijiang said:"No need! I'm not the son of the Lady Zhu of the Palace of Enchantment nor am I the pupil of Feng San. I cannot stand that soup."
    2. Dang, another semi-nude Li Mo Chou episode. o.0 Definitely the hottest Wuxia if mainland China decides to produce and authenticate it. haha
    --- quote: The sisters took off their dresses revealing their underwear. They looked very sexy and their skin was smooth and white. [...] The sunlight shone on the beautiful [semi or full?] naked bodies of the two sisters.
    3. Yang Zijiang is dishonest even to himself, since he said no one was worthy for him to kill. He could've bring the unknown man back to the brothel.
    --- quote: He [Yang Zijiang] bowed and said:"This is the first time I will kill someone, I really didn't want to kill a man [the unknown man] like him. But I have no choice."
    4. Agree with YangGuo and Goofy that the echo is probably Yu Peiyu. It is strange that Yang Zijiang would be that careless to mistake Parrot [remember the Eater of the World and his accurate assessment?] However, the figure cannot be Parrot because:
    1. the figure shows himself.
    --- quote: Indeed, someone came through the window.

2. the echo did not follow Yang Zijiang
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS:
    1. 2. Is Yang Zijiang is at least as strong as Chixing [Constellation Eater] or Feng San.
    --- quote: seven golden projectiles shot out of her sleeve towards Yang Zijiang.
    Yang Zijiang gently brushed his hand and the seven projectiles flew back,

--- Yang Zijiang whispered in her [Lei'Er's] ear: "Even if you studied with Feng San for another thirty years, you still wouldn't be my match.

--- quote: she [Lei'Er] felt someone blowing in her neck. [...] Zhu Lei'Er felt weak all over [...] she too couldn't move anymore.

He probably knows of Zhu er's poisonous body

I think he's at least stronger than the wolf

Yang ZiJiang ROCKS!!

Originally posted by Anonymous
    QUESTIONS:
    1. 2. Is Yang Zijiang is at least as strong as Chixing [Constellation Eater] or Feng San.
    You'll just have to wait and see...

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Yang ZiJiang ROCKS!!

You'll just have to wait and see...
    I interpret TigerWong's assessment to mean...this guy is one BADASS DUDE!! Can't wait to see what TigerWong finds so cool about this guy

the claim to strongest fighter in this story changes as much as the answer to who is stronger, YG vs GJ

Athena, I can't think of any superlatives that haven't already been used to describe your translation - dor jei anyway - always be your faithful student

BTW, I like you using BE as opposed to AE, seems to give it a classical flavour instead of a hollywood movie feel - I can't see for the life of me what is wrong with using cock alternatively, could have used cockerel

never guessed Goofy would be so innocent!! so cute

Cool

Me - innocent???

Careful guys, I might turn out Bai Feifei.

I am never good at slang words and usually try to avoid all profanity, that's all, but will remember not to say that particular word in the future since it sounds b-a-d...

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow Just a teaser today.........

Doctor Goofy and Miss Athena sounds like the new avengers.
    "Still your deductions are brilliant, doctor Goofy."
    "Elementary, Miss Athena."
    Charlie's Angels, beware!
    Nice to see you that innocent, Goofy.
    Thanks Bottosai and I'm not offended. But my avatar is Xiao Longnu. (She hardly smiles or even giggles). Shendiao comic.
    Also thanks Jia Mozhi, Anonymous, Yang Guo, Tigerwong and Charlieboy for your generous and kind words.
    Cockerel was not suitable in my opinion because cockerels are.....uhhh young roosters that are not more than one year old.
    Well, my teachers and professors in English were usually Britons, that's why I sound that la-di-da.
    Just to reveal something Hai Dongqing and Yang Zijiang should be around the same level.

Chapter 30 An Unforeseen Disaster

A figure came through the window, everyone was surprised to see this person. It was Yu Peiyu.
    The sisters looked surprised and happy to see him, Yu Peiyu looked amazed too to find the sisters here.
    He went over to Zhu Lei'Er and unsealed her acupoints and said:"Unseal their acupoints and follow me."
    Zhu Lei'Er got up and immediately asked:"Do you know these two?"
    Yu Peiyu picked up the unknown man and had already left the house, he didn't answer her question.
    She bit her lip and looked at the sisters for a moment, Yu Peiyu said from outside:"Hurry up! Yang Zijiang could come back. I will be waiting for you in the abandoned barn up ahead."
    Zhu Lei'Er picked up the clothes of the sisters and threw them at their feet. She looked at them bemused and unsealed their acupoints, she said:"Put your clothes on! I don't like my husband seeing naked women."
    The sisters were stunned for a moment, the younger sister said with indignation:"Husband?"
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at them and said:"Don't you recognize my husband?"
    The elder sister nodded, the younger sister said:"We know young master Yu, but who is your husband?"
    Zhu Lei'Er looked annoyed and said:"Young master Yu is my husband, my husband is young master Yu. Do you understand?"
    The younger sister sneered:"Oh really! Congratulations. For a moment there I thought you were the daughter of young master Yu."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked angered and said:"I knew it. You have an eye on my husband. But if I see you trying to seduce him I will kill you."

Yu Peiyu had reached the barn, he put the man down and unsealed his acupoints.
    The man got up and bowed to Yu Peiyu, he said the following:"Thank you my friend for saving me. I take it you are befriended with the sisters."
    Yu Peiyu said calmly:"I do know them and we are indeed befriended. But I wouldn't sell out my own family because of them."
    The man backed a bit away from Yu Peiyu and stuttered:"What...what do you....you mean? I..I don't understand."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"Tell me the truth, Tang Yue. Second young master Tang, please no more lies."
    The man was trembling and looked very nervous.
    Yu Peiyu sighed again:"I never guessed it would be you. I never guessed that you could betray your family and clan like that. But when I saw Miss Golden Blossom and Iron Blossom, I figured it out. You betrayed your father because he objected to your relationship with Miss Golden Blossom."
    Yu Peiyu paused for a moment before continueing in a stern voice:"So you helped them to create a perfect imposter who will approve of your relationship with Miss Golden Blossom. However by doing so you have not only betrayed your father but also the entire Tang Clan."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 01:56 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Default Re: Just a teaser today.........

Originally posted by Athena
    Just to reveal something Hai Dongqing and Yang Zijiang should be around the same level.
    I find Yang ZiJiang to be somewhat above Hai DongQing, although maybe not by leaps and bounds.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 08-10-03 at 04:52 PM.

heh
    short teaser today

but still very thankful Athena