Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Cool

The Enchanting Duo is afoot!

"No crime is too small, no pay is too large." - Dr. Goofy's quote.

Actually, I find it is easier to read the plot from this story than from LXF's. In there, the dialogue is just too crytic and short that it is hard to detect anything, so nothing extraordinary on my side really.

Have to thank GL for entertaining story and Miss Athena's great translation.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

However she doesn't know that most women are born liars, men on the other hand have to be trained properly if they want to lie well.
    GL personal experience huh?
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for a small update. The barn sure is getting crowded. I hope our hero doesnt develop a sickness that Zhu Lei'Er mentioned when she entered the brothel. Though, I do want Hai Dongqing to cure Zhu Lei'Er 's sickness when she decides to have one. j/k
    -
    -
    -
    To Goofy:
    quote: "No crime is too small, no pay is too large." - Dr. Goofy's quote.
    --- Umm. Shouldnt the quote be "No crime too big, no pay too small"?
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Seems Yu [I mean Zhu ] Lei'Er are scratching the surface of Yu Peiyu's many admirers, and she is beginning to get jealous.
    --- quote: The younger sister sneered:"Oh really! Congratulations. For a moment there I thought you were the daughter of young master Yu."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked angered and said:"I knew it. You have an eye on my husband. But if you see you trying to seduce him I will kill you."
    2. Wonder if Yang Zijiang will return and find Yu Peiyu and company? He seems smart enough. And where is Hai Dongqing when the situation calls for a hero?
    --- quote: Yu Peiyu said from outside:"Hurry up! Yang Zijiang could come back. I will be waiting for you in the abandoned barn up ahead."

Originally posted by Goofy
    4. Zhu was better than the two sisters???? Somehow, I thought the opposite but guess I am wrong here. However, Zhu's resistance to poison definitely the best.
    Zhu LeiEr is no slouch, just inexperienced.

Taken from an earlier part of Athena's translation:

He angrilly wanted to smash another table, Zhu Lei'Er put out her hand and stopped him.
    And said:"Third uncle don't get upset anymore."
    Yu Peiyu and Guo Pianxian were both surprised to see that this young girl had such high martial arts.
    Guo Pianxian thought:She is not inferior to me and she has learnt a great deal from her mother's mermerizing skills too."

That should say mesmerizing I think... not quite sure on spelling myself actually

OT to Yang Guo

I just notice this, but you're from Vancouver??? I grew up there. I grew up in East Van. Which school(s) did you go to? I went to DT (aka Dirty Toilets). Did you go to Jerks Only (JO), Tupper, Van Tech, Windemere, Gladstone, Churchill, Eric Hamber, etc...? Or, are you from one of the Burnaby schools? Burnaby South, North, or Central? Maybe, you went to a school in Richmond? I spent the last 2 yrs of my Vancouver life in Richmond. So many Chinese there.
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

The Dynamic Duo makes a return......(themesong of Batman).

Again thanks everyone for your nice comments.

Tang Yue backed to the wall and shouted:"My father is dead already. I did not kill him and by helping them I'm giving my brothers and sisters a father again. My brothers and sisters won't have to deal with the tragedy of losing our father. I have done nothing wrong! I am right!"
    Yu Peiyu angrilly scolded:"So you rather have your brothers and sisters acknowledge an imposter to be their father. Don't you even realise what he can do if returns? The entire Tang Clan will be ruined, the hard work of generations will be lost."
    Tang Yue looked like a defeated man and said:"Do you realise the pain I will be in, if I cannot see her. I know my crimes are unforgivable and I will rot in hell, but I don't care."
    He looked at Yu Peiyu and continued:"Do you know what love means? Have you any idea what love can do to you? I suppose not. If you do understand you won't blame me for my actions."
    Yu Peiyu looked sad now and smiled wryly:"I understand what you're going through. I too know what love is and I am still in love with someone. I won't blame you if you would elope with Miss Golden Blossom."
    Tang Yue smiled sadly:"Eloping? If things were that simple?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"If the two of you truly love each other that deeply, you can find a remote place in the world and spend the rest of your life there. Both of you are people who can live without any luxuries of life."
    Tang Yue said:"Someone else could perhaps do that, but........"
    Yu Peiyu asked:"But what?"
    Tang Yue continued:"Do you know how the Tang Clan deals with those who violate the family directives? They will hunt us down to the corners of the world. Besides the Heavenly Silkworm Sect is ten times more vicious than the Tang Clan."
    Yu Peiyu said:"To my knowledge hierarch Sang doesn't oppose your relationship."
    Tang Yue said sadly:"He doesn't object, because he wants me to wed his daughter officially. He knows that this will never happen. If this doesn't happen he won't allow us to be together."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But you can run away."
    Tang Yue said tragically:"Maybe we can escape the pursuit of my clan but we cannot escape from the Heavenly Silkworm Sect."
    He said even more tragically:"If Golden Blossom betrays her father and sect, she will die horribly after seven months. After seven months her body will slowly rot away."
    Yu Peiyu was worried and said, he quickly asked:"How is that?"
    Tang Yue continued sadly:"Only hierarch Sang knows how to compose the antidote to prevent the caterpillars to come out from the Heavenly Silkworm Cocoon."
    Yu Peiyu sighed deeply:"So because of this you would rather sacrifice the lives of others including your family......"
    Tang Yue said:"But I'm not a heartless man, but I will know how to deal with those conspirators too."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What do you mean?"
    Tang Yue explained:"I can help them succeed, but I can also foil their plans. Sooner or later I will expose their crimes."
    Yu Peiyu said with surprise:"Sooner or later? You are going to wait?"
    Tang Yue said:"I will wait when I'm married with Golden Blossom."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Do you realise the damage they can do in the meantime?"
    Tang Yue said:"This......"
    Yu Peiyu sternly said:"The secretive weaponry can fall in the hands of outsiders, all the Tang disciples would obey the commands of the imposter and become his slaves. Furthermore have you thought of how many people can die at the hands of those conspirators, including your brothers and sisters. Your entire family can be destroyed before you can take actions against them."
    Yu Peiyu added calmly:"Most important, can you live that long to expose them?"
    Tang Yue was now a broken man, he was crying and said softly:"Am I wrong? Have I really made a grave mistake?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Are you still unaware of your mistakes?"
    Tang Yue said:"That day my father ordered me to switch places with you. He told you to wear a mask and wear my clothes, he instructed my brother and I to contact Yu Fanghe......"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Yes I know this already."
    Tang Yue smiled wryly:"That day he ordered me to go and see Yu Fanghe, but he warned me not to pull anything on him. Or else he would make sure I will never see Golden Blossom again."
    Yu Peiyu said grimly:"But you didn't listen to him, did you?"
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 02:42 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Arrrgghhh Athena... why do you have to mention the Batman themesong...... Now.. I can't get it out of my head....... I'm gonna go crazy soon....

Now I'm going to need more update of this translation to occupy my mind. Hurry......
    Thankss for the update Athena......

Originally posted by optimus
    Arrrgghhh Athena... why do you have to mention the Batman themesong...... Now.. I can't get it out of my head....... I'm gonna go crazy soon....

Now I'm going to need more update of this translation to occupy my mind. Hurry......
    Thankss for the update Athena......
    I hate Prince (or the Artist formerly known as Prince)!!!

Originally posted by someguy44
    OT to Yang Guo

I just notice this, but you're from Vancouver??? I grew up there. I grew up in East Van. Which school(s) did you go to? I went to DT (aka Dirty Toilets). Did you go to Jerks Only (JO), Tupper, Van Tech, Windemere, Gladstone, Churchill, Eric Hamber, etc...? Or, are you from one of the Burnaby schools? Burnaby South, North, or Central? Maybe, you went to a school in Richmond? I spent the last 2 yrs of my Vancouver life in Richmond. So many Chinese there.
    DT w/ all the hot Chinese chics eh
    I myself went to Tupper... slightly better than Jail(JO)... I think
    Are you Chinese too?

Arrow

Tang Yue said sadly:"If someone didn't offer me all sorts of advantages, I wouldn't betray my father. But Yu Fanghe told me that my father and my brother were dead. If this news would spread the entire Tang Clan would be in chaos, the entire Wulin would be thrown in chaos too. So he asked me to help him to create an imposter."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"And you believed him?"
    Tang Yue said:"I found his idea ridiculous too, but this way was the only solution. Furthermore there would be a great advantage for me."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Except for agreeing your marriage with Miss Golden Blossom, I think he also promised you to be the new leader of the Tang Clan."
    Tang Yue lowered his head and said:"In a fit of confusion I agreed, but afterwards I regretted my decision. I knew too that they would silence me."
    Yu Peiyu sighed deeply:"You're quite an intelligent man, but sometimes you are a bit too naive. This is what they call......."
    He didn't finish his sentence:greed makes blind. He felt that this Tang Yue was very sad already, he didn't want to make him feel worse anymore.
    Tang Yue continued:"I have kept contact with Golden Blossom via letters. When I arranged a meeting with Yu Fanghe, I told her to meet up with me after meeting with Yu Fanghe."
    Yu Peiyu said:"A very clever move."
    Tang Yue sighed:"That is why people say that life is similar to a game of go. I have made one major move, which I cannot correct......"
    Before Tang Yue could finish, Golden Blossom stormed in and hugged Tang Yue, she sobbed:"You have done nothing wrong.....I was wrong....This is my fault."
    Yu Peiyu was saddened by this scene, their love for each other was touching.
    Although Tang Yue's actions were unforgiveable but understandeable.
    But their undying love for each other really touched Yu Peiyu.
    Zhu Lei'Er quietly approached Yu Peiyu and asked:"Did you see my characters under the carriage?"
    Yu Peiyu just nodded, initiallty he wanted to scold her for bold and rash actions. However when he saw her again, he couldn't scold her anymore.
    Zhu Lei'Er just gently pulled her sleeve, looking like she was awaiting a scolding or a praise. But either way she would accept it, because both would come from her beloved Yu Peiyu.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 03:15 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    DT w/ all the hot Chinese chics eh
    I myself went to Tupper... slightly better than Jail(JO)... I think
    Are you Chinese too?
    Yeah, a lot of Chinese went there. There were a few hot Chinese chics there, but I know Tupper had quite a few as well. A lot of Viets go there right? I use to know and play hockey with a few guys from your school, but that was a long long time ago. I think I'm quite a bit older than you. Know any guys name Van?

I know of a guy named van in my grade
    I was a grad of 2002
    how old are you?

I know of a guy named van in my grade
    I was a grad of 2002
    how old are you?
    Not the same guy. We both graduated in the 90's. I guess Van is a pretty common name for Viet guys, huh? If you have any annuals from friends or relatives of yours from the 90's, then you'll know who I'm talking about for you can check his pic out. I also knew a few other people from Tupper, but I can't remember their names for I didn't really know them well enough. I knew Van cause he was always playing hockey with us DT guys and he reminds me so much of Pavel Bure. hehe.

Don't tell me you're going to Langara right now? That school is for people with below average IQs. j/k SFU is so pretty. Both the girls and the scenery.

Cool

"Batman! Batman! Batman!"

Zonk! Wham! :knockout:

quote: "No crime is too small, no pay is too large." - Dr. Goofy's quote.
    --- Umm. Shouldnt the quote be "No crime too big, no pay too small"?

No, because we the duo is specialized in (small) and delicate job like rescuing cat from a tree or search for a piece of missing cake.

It seems that Zhu took the wedding rather seriously. Did she believe that Yu loved her or just wanted to believe?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by someguy44
    Not the same guy. We both graduated in the 90's. I guess Van is a pretty common name for Viet guys, huh? If you have any annuals from friends or relatives of yours from the 90's, then you'll know who I'm talking about for you can check his pic out. I also knew a few other people from Tupper, but I can't remember their names for I didn't really know them well enough. I knew Van cause he was always playing hockey with us DT guys and he reminds me so much of Pavel Bure. hehe.

Don't tell me you're going to Langara right now? That school is for people with below average IQs. j/k SFU is so pretty. Both the girls and the scenery.
    Not going to Langara... not joining half the people of my school

I like driving to SFU... some of the girls are alright... but I hear more talk of hot UBC girls

Not going to Langara... not joining half the people of my school

I like driving to SFU... some of the girls are alright... but I hear more talk of hot UBC girls
    Yeah, that's true. Also, you can always drop by Wreck Beach when you're at UBC!!!

Wow, I didn't know many of you were from Vancouver and even went to UBC/SFU.

UBC 3rd year student

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Not much comments until Batman holds the bomb and starts running. haha. [crazy scene] Anyway, this update is touching and hopefully not foretelling: ala Highlander, there can be only one [love]. Queen's "Who wants to live forever" starts ... nah, I rather like this song to be played with Lin Daiyu, sry Queen's Highlander themesong starts playing versus the Batman themesong.
    -
    -
    -
    To Goofy:
    quote: It seems that Zhu took the wedding rather seriously. Did she believe that Yu loved her or just wanted to believe?
    --- Zhu Lei'Er knows the truth from the beginning: Yu Peiyu only marries her for the moment [ie. death]. She WANTED to believe. If she was not dying, Yu Peiyu will not marry her. Yu Peiyu essentially felt SORRY for her not to know love, the real reason I think he married her.
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. If Tang Yue didnt do his plan, Yu Peiyu may not stumble on Yu Fanghe's masterplan.

2. Seems Zhu Lei'Er parallels her mother, when the latter fell in love with Dongfang's son. And maybe she will share her mother's tragedy? [shrugs]
    --- quote: Zhu Lei'Er just gently pulled her sleeve, looking like she was awaiting a scolding or a praise. But either way she would accept it, because both would come from her beloved Yu Peiyu.
    -
    -
    QUESTION:
    1. Does Golden Blossom know the disguise skill of the Hierarch of Heavenly Silkworm sect? [Tang Yue can disguise himself as his father. ]

Default Sorry to feed you people with teasers only..........Busy it is holiday.......

Yu Peiyu said gently:"If I didn't see your message, I wouldn't be here."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"When did you arrive? Did you see the Parrot?"
    Yu Peiyu laughed:"Nobody can see the Parrot."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked pensive for a minute and said sweetly:"If the Parrot wasn't here. Were you the one who scared away Yang Zijiang?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled and nodded his head, he added softly:"That is why I am afraid he will return."
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"That Yang Zijiang must think that they real Parrot is chasing him. He won't dare to open his mouth to speak, by the time he figured it our we will be long gone."
    Iron Blossom stood some metres away from them, but she had her eyes on Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er the entire time. Their soft and intimate whispering pained Iron Blossom to her heart. She bit her lip and turned away from them, she felt that nobody cared for her anymore. The sobbing of Tang Yue and her sister were sad enough, but the initimate talking of Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er were even more depressing. She wished she was dead now.
    Suddenly Yu Peiyu smiled to her:"Miss Iron Blossom, I haven't seen you for months you look slimmer than the last time."
    If Yu Peiyu stayed silent, she wouldn't be this sad but now her tears almost poured out.
    She thought:Yu Peiyu.....Yu Peiyu......Do you know why I've become this slim? If you're really that concerned about me, how could you marry someone else?
    She wanted to hug Yu Peiyu and cry her eyes out. She even wanted to bite him a few times.
    She was confused, she didn't know whether to feel sad or happy to hear him talking to her again.
    She doesn't know what to say now, and before she knew it Yu Peiyu turned his attention to Tang Yue again. It seemed that that sentence was just normal pleasantry. Her heart sank away to her feet, it was like her blood was sucked away from her body in one go. Yu Peiyu didn't understand the hearts of young women.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-16-03 at 03:23 PM.
    And all we need of hell.