Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Cool Comments

Hiya gys,
    Just comments for now.
    -
    -
    To Goofy:
    quote: but Ah Yi loved only Xiang-er.
    --- Nah, Ah Yi was a bad boy and decided to marry both girls until Tian Fei forced him straight again. bummer. j/k Heck, both girls and the mother-in-law know how to party and agreed to the double marriage. j/k
    -
    -
    To YangGuo:
    quote: And what about Iron Blossom eh?
    --- I dont think Yu Peiyu likes the Heavenly Silkworm sect members that much. Remember the first appearances of the 3 daughters of the hierarch? They killed many people and almost killed Yu Peiyu [ie. the poison net I think].
    -
    -
    More comments regarding Yu Peiyu, Lin Daiyu, Zhu Lei'er, Jin Yanzi
    1. Zhu Lei'Er is naive and innocent. Her life is limited to the village, and the brothel really highlights that she have fewer experiences than other people. She can be perceived as childlike, and her/children's passions and love are more intense; however, she may not understand what love really means, in the deep sense. She can say it and maybe grasp it, but she have a limited experience and understanding of love. So, currently she is not a good candid for marriage.
    -
    2. Jin Yanzi is also naive. Remember how she probably died in the palace of enchantments if not for Yu Peiyu. The enchantment palace is [to me] a test of love and disillusionment, and Jin Yanzi failed to become its disciple while Yu Peiyu and Lin Daiyu did. Meaning, Yu Peiyu and Lin Daiyu may know a more mature love. Besides, I dont believe she save Yu Peiyu yet.
    -
    Basically, Im agreeing with TigerWong except the Jin Yanzi part as a girlfriend which I am not sure.

haha
    but Iron Blossom was so spellbounded by him... she was like hypnotized

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Zhu Lei'Er is not working for the mastermind nor has she been replaced.
    Thanks for the interesting comments, to be honest I don't mind Yu Peiyu having five wives (Lin Daiyu, Jin Yanzi, Zhu Lei'Er, Tang Lin and Iron Blossom) (if Silver Blossom has turned over a new leaf, she can become a concubine)

In order to live Yu Peiyu had to die once, for the past months he had experienced the most strange events.
    Zhu Lei'Er now understood that Yu Peiyu's tragedy was even sadder than her own tragedy. Furthermore Yu Peiyu had never told her about his own events, she looked at him dreamily and was sobbing.
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"Zhu Lei'Er........Zhu Lei'Er.......what an interesting name. Do you have a lot of tears."
    (*Lei'Er=tears)
    Zhu Lei'Er angrilly said:"At least I'm not a coldhearted monster like you."
    Ji Lingfeng sighed:"Most people can't curse and sob at the same time."
    Zhu Lei'Er retorted:"Some people can smile friendly and kill innocent people at the same time."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"When it comes to that I'm no match for Lady Zhu and Miss Zhu."
    Zhu Lei'Er was startled and asked:"How do you know who I am?"
    Ji Lingfeng said calmly:"If I don't know who you are, I wouldn't tell you all that I know."
    Zhu Lei'Er sternly asked:"How do you know?"
    Ji Lingfeng said:"I want to become the new chancellor of Wulin, if I don't even know these little secrets how can I defy Yu Fanghe. By the way congratulations! I forgot today you got married to our young master Yu."
    Yu Peiyu didn't say a word but just looked at Zhu Lei'Er, she looked very pale and started to cry again.
    She trembled and sobbed:"You......you don't have to mock me."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Who is mocking you?"
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lips and said:"You know that he isn't willing to marry me. He doesn't take this......marriage......serious."
    She started to cry sadly now, Ji Lingfeng:"What do you mean not serious? Marriage is a very serious matter."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But......I......"
    Ji Lingfeng said gently:"Don't worry. Yu Peiyu is not the kind of man who will not acknowlegde you as his wife, because you did not die."
    Zhu Lei'Er was trembling and looked at Yu Peiyu, Ji Lingfeng smiled:"You don't have to ask him, I will teach you a method if he doesn't acknowledge you. That method is dying in front of him."
    Yu Peiyu sighed in his heart, he saw Zhu Lei'Er looking at him dreamily. She said softly:"Don't worry I won't do such a thing......."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Why not if a man loves a woman, he is allowed to do all kinds of strange methods to court her and keep her. If he succeeds he will be praised, why can't women do the same?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But men and women are different......."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"What difference? Why should women be inferior to men, my every move and plan is meant to bring glory to women."
    She asked Zhu Lei'Er:"Are you inferior to most men? Of course not, why do you look down upon yourself?"
    Ji Lingfeng held Zhu Lei'Er's hand and said gently:"Little sister, we're both women. And if we work together we can bring glory to all the women in the world."
    Yu Peiyu looked at them and thought that Ji Lingfeng was practically brainwashing Zhu Lei'Er.
    She unsealed Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er's acupoints and put the hand of Zhu Lei'Er in the hand of Yu Peiyu.
    She smiled to Yu Peiyu:"I'm giving her to you, take good care of her. If not I will be looking for you."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Thank you."
    Ji Lingfeng was a bit startled by him and asked:"Thank me? Why?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I was afraid she won't understand, but thank you for consoling her."
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"You must be blaming me in your heart."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"I wouldn't dare. But do you really know what happens kilometres away?"
    Ji Ling smiled mysteriously:"Have you forgotten that song I sang to you?"
    Yu Peiyu was amused and laughed:"Don't tell me that you understand the language of the birds?"
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"If I didn't understand their tongue, I wouldn't save you out of that well in my manor."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But that was Miss Ji Lingyan......"
    Ji Lingfeng laughed:"How do you know that I am not Ji Lingyan? Who is Ji Lingyan? And who is Ji Lingfeng? Can you tell the difference? How well do you know them?"
    Yu Peiyu was very confused and scared now, originally he knew who was who but now.......
    These two sisters were filled with mystery, Ji Lingfeng was intelligent and ambitious. Ji Lingyan was mentally handicapped, but that could be an act too.
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Do you now know who I am?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I really can't tell."
    Ji Lingfeng laughed:"The biggest weakness of humans is that they are too confident."
    Suddenly someone knocked at the door:"I have something to report, mistress."
    It was Xiangxiang, Ji Lingfeng became her regular self again.
    Ji Lingfeng asked:"What is it?"
    Xiangxiang said:"There are three customers here."
    Ji Lingfeng frowned and said:"I told you to put up a notice that we will be closed for the next few days."
    Xiangxiang said:"I did what you told, mistress. I have already told a lot people to go somewhere else. But these three were adamant in coming in."
    Ji Lingfeng said earnestly:"Go and see how they look like?"
    Xiangxiang said:"Xiaofang at the door didn't know what to do, so she informed me. The three won't leave and are still standing in front of the main door."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Have you seen how they look like?"
    Xiangxiang said:"I couldn't see clearly because it is dark outside, but at least two of those men are quite old. And they were riding steeds that are only available in the northern regions. It seems that they came from a long way."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"And their faces?"
    Xiangxiang said:"They are wearing long cloaks and large straw hats with veils in front. But one of them only has one arm."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"They don't want anyone to see their true appearances."
    Xiangxiang said:"I think so too, mistress."
    Ji Lingfeng looked pensive and scoffed:"Are they here to deal with me? Let me have a look myself."
    Zhu Lei'Er was very much herself with Ji Lingfeng around but now she was gone, she felt uneasy again.
    Zhu Lei'Er didn't know what he was thinking, he looked very charming and tranquil like ever.
    She didn't know that Yu Peiyu was feeling very restless too, how must he treat her in the future.
    Yu Peiyu couldn't bear to hurt her self-esteem and feelings. Furthermore Zhu Lei'Er had her share of tragedies, she was also very stubborn and sensitive.
    Even if Zhu Lei'Er wasn't still a bit too young, and if Yu Peiyu loved her deeply. He couldn't ask her to become his wife, because.......because...........
    Because he could not forget Lin Daiyu.
    He did not know what to say to Zhu Lei'Er, they two of them were alone and didn't know what to say to each other. There was an awful silence.
    When they heard Ji Lingfeng walking back again both got up and rushed to the door, when they met each other at the door they stopped. They looked at each other, Zhu Lei'Er hoped that Yu Peiyu didn't see her face. However Ji Lingfeng just lit up the room and Zhu Lei'Er's pretty face was blushing.
    Ji Lingfeng laughed:"All the brides are the same in the world, all of them have to blush sometime."
    Zhu Lei'Er lowered her head further, she never thought her face could become even redder than that.
    Yu Peiyu coughed dryly:"Who are those men?"
    Ji Lingfeng answered:"I don't know, I didn't went to look. They came here to meet up with someone. Wulin people meeting up with each other in brothels isn't strange."
    Yu Peiyu said:"But why the long cloaks and large hats."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"They are up to no good, that is for sure. But so long as it has nothing to do with us, I really don't care."
    Yu Peiyu looked pensive and said:"I want to have a look."
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"I never thought our young master Yu is a busybody, haven't you got enough worries of your own?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"Because I have so many worries an extra few won't matter. Furthermore I just have this feeling that these men might be connected to that Yu person."
    Ji Lingfeng looked interested too and said:"It is not a problem if you want to observe them, Xiangxiang is now entertaining them and she will be able to trick them into revealing their secrets."
    Zhu Lei'Er sneered:"Unlikely."
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"If a girl become a courtesan for three years, she will become very observant. Nothing can escape from her eyes, who is rich and poor cannot fool her."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled.
    Xiangxiang came in again, Ji Lingfeng asked:"Well?"
    Xiangxiang said:"They are in the master room."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Why didn't you stay behind to entertain them?"
    Xiangxiang sighed:"The three of them ignored me the entire time, I really wanted to look in the mirror if I have aged."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Perhaps they are deaf."
    Xiangxiang giggled:"Not at all. One of those old man leapt up and walked over to the window with every sound."
    Yu Peiyu frowned and asked:"How does that old man look like?"
    Xiangxiang said:"He is about sixty, seventy years old, he looks very imposing. With one eye you could tell that he is a man of wealth. His beard is entirely white. I have seen many old men who become lecherous at their old age, but this one is different."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Why is he different?"
    Xiangxiang explained:"Old men who become lecherous are always very eager to crop up a feel when they see us. But he is very nervous and jumpy like he is about to engage enemies at any time."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What about his accent?"
    Xiangxiang shook her head and said:"He didn't say a word. But the old man with one arm seems to be from the Su province region. I heard that from his accent when he ordered for wine and food."
    Yu Peiyu asked quickly:"How does he look like?"
    Xiangxiang looked disgusted now and said:"He only has one arm and is covered with strange red wounds on his face and hands."
    Yu Peiyu's face changed a bit and asked:"How about the third man?"
    Xiangxiang said:"That is a young man, he looks most normal out of these three. However he is very skinny, it looks like he hasn't eaten for weeks."
    Yu Peiyu turned to Ji Lingfeng and said:"You said that it was not a problem to spy on them."
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"True, most brothels have something strange about them. But strangest one must be this one, it is opened by granny Hu."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Strange? How come?"
    Ji Lingfeng didn't answer her and said:"Look don't you think it is a bit too bright in this room?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Not really, but now you mention it yes."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"There are four lamps here in total, those two on that wall are redundant. They are there to spy on people in the next room."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"So those lamps are there to fool people."
    Ji Lingfeng praised:"Very clever."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"So it is possible for us to look through those lamps. No wonder granny Hu knows everything that happens in Wulin."
    Xiangxiang said:"It is there for another purpose too."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"What do you mean?"
    Xiangxiang said hatefully:"She knew that when men came into a brothel, they will act very degrading. She wants to look at those humilating acts of those men. And she is very happy when she sees those men bully, torture us. So she often dragged her husband over to watch us being humiliated. Only this way......she.....she can be satisfied. She is so old.....that......that.....she does...not have the interest for.....it anymore, this is the only way....."
    Ji Lingfeng interrupted her:"Enough! Are you afraid we won't understand, spare us the details."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at them with a puzzled look:"She is still not clear engough because I still don't understand."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-05-03 at 04:55 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

heh... Zhu Er is a bit... too innoncent for this place

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for this update which clarifies Yu Peiyu / Zhu Lei'Er thing. Zhu Lei'Er is no bad [versus good] enough for Yu Peiyu. [No sex, no marriage. haha j/k ]
    -
    -
    To Yang Guo:
    quote: Zhu Er is a bit... too innoncent for this place.
    --- She can be a naughty/bad lady, so she can learn. j/k Her charm is excellent, her sexual attraction is also excellent [she could lure men], and all she needs is a naughty mindset that goes with her other appeals/squeals. j/k
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Women are usually associated with nurture and men with "whatever [j/k it rhymes though]". Ji Lingfeng wants women to have a choice in being associated with nurture or whatever. Comments anyone?
    --- quote: Ji Lingfeng said:"What difference? Why should women be inferior to men, my every move and plan is meant to give glory to women."
    2. I think the only reason Yu Peiyu married Zhu Lei'Er is that she is going to die. At that point in time, the situation was serious. However, now that Lei'Er lived, this new time frame and situation makes marriage not as serious and unnecessary. Now, Lin Daiyu is included in Yu Peiyu's choices. [The problem is the notion that time is continuous for everyone]
    Zhu Lei'Er bit her lips and said:"You know that he isn't willing to get married with me. He doesn't tak this......marriage......serious."
    She started to cry sadly now, Ji Lingfeng:"What do you mean not serious? Marriage is a very serious matter." [both Yu Peiyu / Zhu Lei'Er]
    Interpretation1: Yu Peiyu is busted and wants to get out of his words. In many ways, Yu Peiyu has grown, especially in the martial arts; however, in terms of love, he is still not ready. In self-esteem classes, he is PASSIVE regarding his love and letting others influence his decisions. He needs ASSERTIVE-ness/honesty.
    << OR >>
    Interpretation2: He really does love Zhu Lei'Er but he still has feelings for his old love, Lin Daiyu, that prevent him from marrying Lei'Er.
    quote: Yu Peiyu couldn't bear to hurt her self-esteem and feelings. [...] Even if Zhu Lei'Er wasn't still a bit too young, and if Yu Peiyu loved her deeply. He couldn't ask her to become his wife, because.......because...........
    Because he could not forget Lin Daiyu.
    4. The reason Zhu Lei'Er cannot marry: she dont understand/comprehend sex [yet].
    --- quote: And she [Granny Hu] is very happy when she sees those men bully, torture us [prostitutes]. So we [she?] often drag her husband over to watch us being humiliated. Only this way......she.....she can be satisfied [sexually because she is too old]. [...]
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at them with a puzzled look:" She is still not clear engough because I still don't understand."
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS:
    1. Does this mean that Yu Peiyu need to look life in a different way [ie. another Point Of View] to really live and enjoy life? And is this true?
    --- quote: In order to live Yu Peiyu had to die once, for the past months he had experienced the most strange events.
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. Ji Lingfeng laughed:"How do you know that I am not Ji Lingyan? Who is Ji Lingyan? And who is Ji Lingfeng? Can you tell the difference? How well do you know them?" [...] Ji Lingfeng laughed:"The biggest weakness of humans is that they are too confident."

Arrow

Thanks anonymous for your nice comments!

Ji Lingfeng laughed:"The less you know about this, the better."
    Xiangxiang gritted her teeth and said:"One of the main reasons why she opened this brothel is to see us being humiliated. The old crone is also a disgusting sick old b-i-t-c-h."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"She is dead now, your hate for her should also be gone."
    Yu Peiyu looked through the hole and broke out in a cold sweat, the old imposing man of wealth was Tang Wushuang, the man with one arm was Wang Yuluo.
    He hadn't seen Wang Yuluo for some time now, Yu Peiyu remembered that Wang Yuluo was heavily injured during the first encounter with the Three Magnificent Flower Ladies.
    He looked very angry and sinister.
    The other man had his back turned to Yu Peiyu.
    There was a knock on the door, Tang Wushuang dropped his tea cup. He nervously jumped up. Wang Yuluo looked at him angrilly, Yu Peiyu was certain that this Tang Wushuang was an imposter.
    His hands revealed that he was a fake, the hands of a true expert in secretive weaponry are rough and steady. But the hands of this man were smooth and soft, and the real Tang Wushuang wouldn't drop his cup that easily.
    Although the mastermind was able to create the perfect replacement of Tang Wushuang, but he couldn't copy the hands of the real Tang Wushuang.
    Yu Peiyu felt happy, this masterplan wasn't that perfect after all.

The knock on the door came from Xiangxiang and a maid who came in with food and wine.
    Xiangxiang kept looking and smiling seductively at Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo.
    But the two of them just ignored them.
    Xiangxiang smiled:"Normal guests can't drink from this wine, I save this wine for special guests. Seeing that you are famous heroes."
    Tang Wushuang sternly said:"How do you know we are famous heroes?"
    Xiangxiang smiled:"I'm just guessing, your grandeur is awesome."
    Tang Wushuang grunted:"We are just merchants."
    Xiangxiang said:"My mistake, but I think you must be one of the wealthiest merchants I've ever met."
    Wang Yuluo took out a golden ingot and heavily put it on the table, he said coldly:"Do you want this?"
    Xiangxiang bit her lip and said:"Sir, do you want......."
    Wang Yuluo said coldly:"Take the ingot and get out."
    Xiangxiang smiled:"Yes, sir. Thank you." She put the ingot in her sleeve and was about to leave.
    Suddenly the third man said:"Wait." His voice sounded young and indifferent.
    He took out a golden flower with a series of expensive pearls. The craftmanship was excellent, with one eye one could tell that even with a 100 taels of gold you cannot buy this golden flower.
    The young man said:"It is yours if you stay and drink with me."
    Xiangxiang looked very excited and happy, this golden flower would be hers. She first looked at Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang, they looked startled and angry but didn't object.
    Yu Peiyu was interested in this young man, he was travelling with Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang so he has to be a lackey of Yu Fanghe. But why did he make things difficult for the two of them, furthermore why didn't Wang Yuluo object. Was he afraid of him?
    The young man laughed:"Hypocrites......hypocrites......Although I'm a rogue too but at least I'm honest about it."
    Xiangxiang who sat on his lap now smiled:"You're also sweeter and cuter than hypocrites."
    The young man laughed:"Well said! Let us drink."
    Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang raised their cups but weren't pleased.
    Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"This man could be the sworn brother of Xu Ruoyu."
    Ji Lingfeng whispered:"He is ten times more dangerous and cunning than Xu Ruoyu."
    Yu Peiyu whispered:"He is truly a honest rogue."
    The young man now loudly said:"I'm a bit tired now, come let us rest."
    He got up and gently pulled Xiangxiang out of the room, the two of them entered the room next door to "rest."
    It was quiet again in the room, Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo looked at each other and weren't looking very happy.
    After some time Tang Wushuang sighed:"It is strange that chancellor Yu would order us to travel with him."
    Wang Yuluo said earnestly:"The chancellor has his reasons."
    Tang Wushuang asked:"Do you know who this arrogant brat is?"
    Wang Yuluo said:"I don't know either. I just know that chancellor Yu has put a lot of faith in him and ordered us to follow his commands."
    Tang Wushuang sighed:"How can a brat like him be put in charge of such an important task."
    Yu Peiyu and others now knew that even these two didn't know who this young man was.
    Yu Peiyu managed to see the young man's face when he left the room, he was rather handsome but too skinny. Yu Peiyu had never seen him before.
    The two of them stopped drinking and eating, they looked very nervous now.
    Suddenly Tang Wushuang laughed:"I hope he will come soon, when we've accomplished our task I wonder how that brat is going to explain himself to chancellor Yu."
    Wang Yuluo looked at him and scoffed:"Aren't you afraid you will be exposed now?"
    Tang Wushuang asked:"What do you mean?"
    Wang Yuluo asked:"Do you know who you are?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"Of course I know."
    Wang Yuluo said coldly:"It is good that you remember. You're the famous leader of the Tang Clan, I hope you can maintain your grandeur as the leader of a Wulin school. The expression and words you said earlier were only fit for lowly slaves or lackeys."
    Tang Wushuang looked embarrassed and was angered, he said:"I know you look down upon me because I was a stable-boy. But what about you? Do you think you really are the hero Wang Yuluo?"
    Wang Yuluo shouted:"Shut up!"
    Tang Wushuang was angry and continued:"I won't shut up. What do you want to do? Kill me?"
    Wang Yuluo said angrilly:"If you don't I will kill you."
    Tang Wushuang sneered:"Don't forget that I am the leader of the Tang Clan now. Furthermore if you kill me where are you going to find a new Tang Wushuang."
    Wang Yuluo looked at him angrilly for a few moments, he soon recomposed himself and laughed:"Don't take my words too seriously. If you're exposed all of us are in trouble."
    Tang Wushuang laughed too:"I have been trained properly in these two years, don't worry."
    At this point Yu Peiyu was very anxious, this Tang Wushuang was a stable-boy. He must be recruited because he looks like the real Tang Wushuang and has been trained for the last two years.
    But what were the true identities of Wang Yuluo, Lin Shoujuan, Ximen Feng and the Dragonking? They could be cooks, beggars, servants or even pimps........And how about the fake Yu Fanghe, how much better can he be?
    Perhaps he was trained longer because he does know and is well-versed in the martial arts of the Xiantian Wuji School. But still his original identity cannot be much better.
    When Yu Peiyu thought of this his anger grew.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-07-03 at 05:30 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

Cool

aha, so they used the employees of respective household to impersonate their employers. Very ingenious, indeed.

But that also means that except for a few people who were well trained in martial skills, most fakers must have love kungfu.

Yu Fanghe was probably the right handed man or in the top rank in the operation for he was deemed competent to take the real Yu's character.

Keep the chapters coming, Athena.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

How did he study Yu so well? Did he work for Yu as well?

i remember the Yu household has a servant...dont remember his name. but he might be the fake Yu Fanghe. btw. thanx for the translation Athena.

Arrow

It is a devious plan.........Thanks for the compliments, Goofy, Yang Guo and ProtoM.

Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo looked very nervous, Tang Wushuang softly said:"Why isn't he here yet?.......Why isn't he here yet?"
    Wang Yuluo frowned and said:"If he doesn't come there is no point in worrying."
    Tang Wushuang said:"This matter doesn't concern you, if he doesn't come what am I supposed to do?" He stroked his beard angrilly.
    Wang Yuluo said:"This is an important matter, he will show up."
    Tang Wushuang sighed:"I wish he would hurry up."
    Who were they waiting for? It is bound to be someone important for their masterplan.
    Zhu Lei'Er wanted to ask the opinions of Yu Peiyu and Ji Lingfeng, suddenly they heard the cry of an owl.
    Tang Wushuang leapt up and moved over to the window and imitated the cry of an owl too.
    The person outside imitated the sound two more times and entered the brothel.
    Before long he entered the room of Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang, it was a rather young man who wore a shabby green robe. His face was covered with dirt deliberately so no one would recognize him, his robe looked very dirty too.
    When Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo, Wang Yuluo asked:"Where are you from?"
    The man answered:"I was blown over here by the south east wind."
    Wang Yuluo asked:"Did you see something on your way here?"
    The man replied:"I saw adults eating sweets, and children drinking wine."
    It was a very strange and silly dialogue but it was not uncommon that people in Wulin used these strange incoherent phrases to recognize each other.
    Wang Yuluo looked pleased now and said:"Thank you for coming."
    The man asked softly:"Why are we the only customers here?"
    Wang Wuluo said:"The courtesans here are ill and refuse to accept anyone."
    The man asked:"Ill? What kind of illness?"
    Wang Yuluo smiled:"Women troubles, I think."
    The man looked relieved and looked at the wine and food on the table.
    Wang Yuluo asked:"Have you eaten yet?"
    The man sighed:"To tell you the truth I haven't eaten for two days now."
    Yu Peiyu has never seen this man before in this life, who was he? And why did he rush over here in this hurry?
    What was he up to with Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo?
    The man started to eat although he was very hungry, he was still very mannered.
    Yu Peiyu knew that this man was bound to come from a distinguished family.
    After he was full, the man told Tang Wushuang:"Take off your trousers and robe."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted and thought that man was shameless, but Tang Wushuang actually took off his trousers and robe.
    Fortunately Tang Wushuang still wore his underpants, revealing his hairy legs. Wang Yuluo pointed at a scar and said:"I made this wound personally after seeing the scar of the real Tang Wushuang, it is identical."
    Tang Wushuang smiled wryly:"The real Tang Wushuang's body is like a puzzle, it took us three whole days to make the identical wounds on my body. I had to keep drinking wine to drink away the pain."
    The man nodded and said:"Very good, how about this wound?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"Tang Wushuang......"
    The man interrupted him coldly:"Don't forget you're Tang Wushuang."
    Tang Wushuang quickly said:"Yes, of course. This wound was inflicted when I was young. I fell in love with a Yunnan girl and she asked me to retrieve her clan's treasure, golden sand worth 10.000 taels of gold. I personally went to Yunnan and fought with the Eight Gangs of The Golden Sand. I challenged the eight elders of the gangs and killed them with my Tang secretive weapons, however I was hacked in the leg. Fortunately I had the famous White Ointment from Yunnan or else my leg would have been gone."
    The man asked:"What happened afterwards?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"Afterwards I found out that that girl lied to me, she used me to retrieve the golden sand. She already had a lover and eloped with him when I was still recovering from my wound."
    The man sighed deeply:"That is why from then on you hate women from Yunnan, you claim that all of them are just cheap w-h-o-r-e-s-. That is also the reason why you forbade your son to marry Miss Golden Blossom."
    Yu Peiyu now understood Tang Wushuang's hate for the Three Magnificent Flower Ladies. He resented all women from Yunnan because of his own personal drama.
    Wang Yuluo now pointed at a scar on the back of Tang Wushuang and asked:"What about this one? Good enough."
    The man said:"Very good, it is identical."
    Tang Wushuang said:"This wound was inflicted when I was 27 years old. My cousin was killed by the Myriad Victories Blade, so I challenged him. Although he hacked me in the back, but I still could use my sword to pierce his throat."
    The man asked:"How many wounds do you have on your body?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"Nine scars in total, four inflicted by sabres, four inflicted by swords, one scar was left behind by the famous Eight Armed Heavenly King, he used his lethal fire projectiles to injure my shoulder."
    He paused for a minute before he continued:"Those four sword wounds were left behind by the Silver Bell Swordsman. He humiliated a senior of our clan, so at the age of 28 I sought him three times, the first two times I almost died at his hands. But the final time I was able to kill him."
    The man asked:"Are there anymore old injuries?"
    Tang Wushuang thought for a minute and said:"No, there aren't."
    The man said:"Your teeth......"
    Tang Wushuang said:"Of course I'm missing three teeth. In my younger years I was reckless and arrogant, so I challenged The King of Mount Changbai. He was proclaimed to be invincible in the field of palms and fists and was a respected Wulin senior of his time. Needless to say I lost and my three teeth were knocked out of my mouth, I couldn't eat and speak properly for five days."
    The man said:"Don't forget this is one of your most glorious events in your life. The King of Mount Changbai was said to be a very hot-tempered man, many experts had challenged him in the past. Most of them were killed but not you, you only lost three teeth. Although you lost that fight you felt very proud and would often show it to your children, disciples and grandchildren which teeth were missing."
    Tang Wushuang laughed:"I will remember this."
    Yu Peiyu was very impressed by what he heard, The Eight Armed Heavenly King, Myriad Victories Blade and the Silver Bell Swordsman were all famous martial arts experts of who Yu Peiyu had heard of.
    And the King of Mount Changbai Gongsun Huo was even more famous. He was the patriarch of the Changbai School and when he was alive he put his own founded school on top of grand schools like Shaolin and Wudang.
    Tang Wushuang had the courage to seek up these experts, that showed that he was a fearless hero in his younger days. But now he was a coward who betrayed Yu Peiyu, Yu Peiyu doesn't hate him anymore in fact he pities him.
    The fate of Tang Wushuang could only be worse from now on.
    The man sighed:"Some people will notice the slightest change, you have to be careful if not your life and the plan will be endangered."
    Tang Wushuang said:"I understand."
    The man looked pensive and said:"Now that you've retired you don't interfere with the affairs of the Tang Clan anymore, however your opinion is still asked when dealing with important decisions. Also everyday your disciples, sons, daughters will come at a regular time to listen to your teachings."
    Tang Wushuang said:"That time is after my breakfast."
    The man asked:"Do you know what you eat everyday?"
    Last edited by Athena; 08-08-03 at 03:41 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Peiyu almost gets to the bottom of things...

Athena, are we going to see the mastermind soon??? Can't wait for the next update..... Thankss..

Thanks Athena for the updates.

I suspect what Yu Peiyu will find out will give him the shocks of his life, and to us also

Pity Zhu Lei'Er, she would definately love to help him but at the moment looks like she is really out of her depths now.

Zhu Lei'Er is not working for the mastermind nor has she been replaced. Thanks for the interesting comments, to be honest I don't mind Yu Peiyu having five wives (Lin Daiyu, Jin Yanzi, Zhu Lei'Er, Tang Lin and Iron Blossom) (if Silver Blossom has turned over a new leaf, she can become a concubine)
    In that case, I guess you wouldn't mind if I get 4 more cyber wives too then, huh??? j/k
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Nice guide to personate someone, almost felt sorry for the one impersonating Tang Wushuang since he got a few severe scars, got a few teeth knocked out, and the list continues to the next update.
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Dang, I didnt know Athena was in this story too. j/k. [Another reason why she translated it? --cameo sound, maybe cameo appearance as "the man" and the owl dialogue-- j/k ]
    --- quote: Zhu Lei'Er wanted to ask the opinions of Yu Peiyu and Ji Lingfeng, suddenly they heard the cry of an owl. [...] Wang Yuluo asked:"Where are you from?" The man answered:"I [as owl] was blown over here by the south east wind." [...]
    2. I'm beginning to suspect many people as the mastermind, added Tang Wushuang because he changed to a coward. Sparks gone or being devious? Comments anyone?
    --- quote: Tang Wushuang had the courage to seek up these experts [especially the previous undefeated King of Mount Changbai], that showed that he was a fearless hero in his younger days. But now he was a coward who betrayed Yu Peiyu,
    3. Wonder if the same dialogue is reuse-able? [for our hero's purpose]
    --- quote: It was a very strange and silly dialogue but it was not uncommon that people in Wulin used these strange incoherent phrases to recognize each other.
    4. Wonder what happens in the background of the young man that took Xiangxiang [the prostitute] to another room [without Yu Peiyu and company] ... devious move [from previous update].
    -
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS:
    1. Any idea what this means? [The man acts as a owl]
    The man replied:"I saw adults eating sweets, and children drinking wine."

Originally posted by Goofy
    aha, so they used the employees of respective household to impersonate their employers. Very ingenious, indeed.

But that also means that except for a few people who were well trained in martial skills, most fakers must have love kungfu.

Yu Fanghe was probably the right handed man or in the top rank in the operation for he was deemed competent to take the real Yu's character.

Keep the chapters coming, Athena.
    Goofy, have you already read the book or watch a TV series regarding concerning this story (at least in part?)? It seems like many of your comments are right on target. I just need want to confirm whether you have prior knowledge of the story or not. If you do, I'll stop reading your posts to avoid running into spoilers. Thanks.

Cool

No, I never read the book or watch the series. In fact, I didn't know about this story until I read Athena's translation here. So everything is just pure speculations guided by ...ahem... my intelligence.

smart kitty

Arrow

Thank you everyone for your nice words!

Tang Wushuang said:"People in Sichuan province don't eat congee. I eat fried rice with eggs every morning and an extra plate of tofu with peppers. The hotter the better."
    The man asked:"Are you accustomed to that?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"In the beginning I was dying, but after two years I'm used to it."
    The man asked:"After how many days do you bathe?.........."
    The man kept asking Tang Wushuang little questions about everything, even how many times Tang Wushuang goes to the lavatory.
    From this they could conclude that they have gathered all the necessary information on the real Tang Wushuang.
    Ji Lingfeng whispered:"Yu Fanghe really put a lot of time and energy in this matter."
    Yu Peiyu whispered back:"There is a big price."
    Ji Lingfeng whispered:"The famous Tang Clan which has existed for more than 200 years is almost his."
    Zhu Lei'Er whispered:"They were waiting for this man. This man is their informant on the habits of the real Tang Wushuang, but who is he?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Needless to say he is related to the Tang Clan."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Futhermore he must be very close to Tang Wushuang."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"He betrayed Tang Wushuang. If Tang Wushuang knew someone would betray him, he wouldn't betray others that easily."
    At this time the man had stopped talking and everyone stayed quiet.
    Yu Peiyu and others also stopped whispering, Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang were waiting for him to continue.
    Wang Yuluo asked:"Is there something wrong, my friend?"
    The man didn't answer immediately and poured a cup of wine first:"The art of disguise has been around for hundreds of years, there are legends of people managing to fool with the art of disguise even destroying entire clans in the end. However I have never believed these stories. But now,...... chancellor Yu is able to bring a new meaning to the art of disguise and with his ingenious plans....... Truly amazing!"
    Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo both looked pleased.
    The man looked at Tang Wushuang and said:"Chancellor Yu is really a genius for creating a lifelike imitation like you."
    Tang Wushuang looked pleased and asked:"Can I go to the Tang Manor now?"
    The man smiled:"Your trip to the Tang Manor will be perfect, no one will suspect a thing."
    The man raised his cup and said:"Let us toast to our success."
    Suddenly a voice said:"Don't forget about me."

The young man came back again and stood at the door, the man was very nervous and shouted:"Who are you?" He put his hands in his robe.
    The young smiled:"Don't use your projectiles, I'm very much afraid of the Tang weaponry."
    The man looked at Wang Yuluo and asked:"Don't you know that someone else is here too?"
    Wang Yuluo smiled:"Don't be startled, my friend. He is with us."
    The young man said:"I'm your friend, I'm also a friend of Yu Fanghe."
    The man looked puzzled, how dare this young man call out the name of Yu Fanghe in front of Wang Yuluo.
    The man asked:"May I ask what your name is, sir?"
    The young man smiled:"I wish I had a famous and imposing nickname, but I'm just a nameless youngster."
    Wang Yuluo coughed dryly:"This is young master Yang Zijiang, his family is an old friend of chancellor Yu....."
    The young man laughed:"No need for that. Yu Fanghe doesn't even know who my parents are, even I don't know who my parents are. So no such thing as an old family friend."
    Wang Yuluo looked embarrassed, the man looked even more confused.
    Yang Zijiang asked:"Do you know why my name is Yang Zijiang?"
    The man was too puzzled and confused and just said:"I'm sorry but I really do not know."
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"You must be surprised why I'm asking you this silly question. I was found by someone near the Yangtsekiang River hence my name. My parents must have found me very annoying and dumped me near the river. They were very smart."
    The unknown man, Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo all thought:At least he knows that he is annoying himself.
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"Fortunately I'm not here to make friends, you must find me annoying. No matter because I dislike you too, if Yu Fanghe didn't beg me to come here. I wouldn't be caught here alive with all the gold in the world."
    All three men looked annoyed, the unknown man said coldly:"I would like to ask why chancellor Yu asked you to come here."
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"You really don't know? Yu Fanghe was afraid that all of you might get killed, so he asked me to protect you."
    The man scoffed:"Even so, we are very capable of protecting ourselves."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Really?"
    The man grunted.
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"So you are of the impression that your martial arts are very good."
    The man said coldly:"Not to be arrogant or anything, but my martial arts are passable enough to survive in the realm."
    Yang Zijiang laughed:"In my eyes your martial arts are worthless, I can kill you as easily like squashing tofu."
    The man angrilly grunted and stood up and readied himself. Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang both didn't stop him, they too wanted to see what skills this Yang Zijiang had.
    Yang Zijiang sighed:"You really want to compete with me?"
    The man said angrilly:"Yes indeed."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Good."
    In a flash he was gone, the man was stunned he wanted to turn around. But suddenly he felt someone blowing in his neck.
    Yang Zijiang said calmly:"If I wanted your life, your head would be on the floor now."
    The man angrilly shouted and ten odd projectiles shot out of his hand towards Yang Zijiang.
    The projectiles hit the wall and Yang Zijiang was standing where he stood before, it was like he never left his spot.
    Wang Yuluo and others were shocked to see the swift movements of this Yang Zijiang, even Yu Peiyu was shocked.
    He felt when it came to the art of levitation he was definetely inferior to this Yang Zijiang even the arrogant Hai Dongqing may not be his match.
    The man's anger was gone, he looked shocked, scared and disappointed. He was sweating heavily.
    Yang Zijiang asked casually:"Convinced? You shouldn't feel bad, in fact you should feel glad that someone like me is protecting you."
    Wang Yuluo laughed:"My friend, your art of levitation is excellent. I have never seen such display before."
    Tang Wushuang smiled too:"When it comes to this field, you must be number one in the realm."
    These were meant as compliments but somehow Yang Zijiang looked very serious now and said coldly:"It doesn't matter that you say those words here, but if word would spread out........(*Humph)I will die because of your words."
    Tang Wushuang smiled:"My good friend, why would you say something like that?"
    Yang Zijiang sneered:"In your eyes my art of levitation is very high, but that is because you've never seen true masters in this art before. In my opinion you haven't even heard of them."
    Tang Wushuang said:"Although I'm not that well-informed, but I still know a few masters in that field."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Who are those masters?"
    Tang Wushuang said:"For instance the Lotus Fairy Xu Shuzhen of the Huashan School, Madame Hai Tang, master Hong Lian, the Seven Birds of Wulin, the Four Swallows of the South and the heroic robber of Liaodong province the Shadowless......"
    Yang Zijiang scoffed:"Those are not experts."
    Tang Wushuang said:"Of course they aren't your match, but still they are top martial artists of the realm."
    Yang Zijiang sneered:"Top? You must be joking?"
    Tang Wushuang now stayed quiet, he wasn't very pleased now.
    Yang Zijiang poured a cup of wine before saying:"You have roamed the realm for some time now too. Have you heard of a place called Echo Valley?"
    Wang Yuluo and Tang Wushuang looked at each other and said:"Never heard of it before."
    Yang Zijiang said:"I know that you haven't heard of that place before, if you did you wouldn't be sitting here that tranquil."
    Tang Wushuang asked:"Are the people in the Echo valley well-versed in the art of levitation?"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Well-versed? You could say they have reached the level of perfection. It is unbelievable. Do you know why it is called Echo Valley? Because all the people there are like echos you can hear them but you can't see them. If you have offended them, they won't kill you or anything but they repeat your words as soon as you speak. If you stay quiet for three days, you won't hear them but as soon as you speak again they will repeat your words again."
    Wang Yuluo looked pale now and smiled:"But just repeating your words. That isn't really too scary."
    Yang Zijiang said:"But just repeating your words. That isn't really too scary."
    Wang Yuluo was stunned but smiled:"My friend, don't joke around please."
    Yang Zijiang said:"My friend, don't joke around please."
    Wang Yuluo looked very nervous and stuttered:"My friend, ....you....you...."
    Yang Zijiang said:"My friend, ....you....you...."
    Wang Yuluo was sweating now and stayed quiet. Yang Zijiang smiled:"After three sentences you are becoming anxious and nervous now. Imagine what would happen after an entire month. Picture it, someone whom you cannot see following you and repeating your every word. Can you stand it?"
    Wang Yuluo sighed deeply:"I think I will go insane."
    Yang Zijiang said coldly:"That is their purpose, they won't kill you but you will eventually commit suicide because you can't stand it anymore. To my knowledge only one person has managed to put up with them for three months before killing himself."
    Tang Wushuang exclaimed with fear:"Are they really that omnipotent?"
    Yang Zijiang said:"Words cannot describe their level? You have to see it yourself."
    Tang Wushuang said:"Let us be careful in the future, we don't want to offend them."
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"Rest assured they won't come after you, even if you trained for another 30 years."
    Tang Wushuang grunted.
    Yang Zijiang continued:"They are the true swallows, those people you mentioned are only worms compared to them."
    Wang Yuluo asked:"How about you?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"I'm a little sparrow."
    The unknown man scoffed:"With your head gone, who is going to protect us?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"I'm very capable of dealing with those who want your head. As for those who want my head.......They won't even want your head if you would present it on a silver plate."
    The man angrilly grunted and walked out of the room with heavy paces, Tang Wushuang and Wang Yuluo wanted to apologize and urge him to stay. But Yang Zijiang coldy said:"Let him go."
    Wang Yuluo said:"Although he is a double-crossing fiend, but we shouldn't antagonize him now."
    Yang Zijiang said:"Are you afraid he will betray us?"
    Wang Yuluo said:"Chancellor Yu has made a deal with him, however he could betray his own family so why can't he turn on us."
    Yang Zijiang said calmly:"In that case why won't you go after him and kill him."
    Wang Yuluo looked confused for a minute but soon understood and said:"My friend, you deliberately drove him away."
    Yang Zijiang poured another cup of wine and said:"I really don't mind killing but killing people in a nice place like this........I'm not so keen on ruining my mood yet."
    Wang Yuluo said earnestly:"Another four hours before dawn. That gives us plenty of time."
    Yang Zijiang looked into his cup and said coldly:"If you haven't completed your task before dawn, I suggest you would find a good place to hide for the rest of your life."
    Wang Yuluo looked afraid and quickly left.
    Yang Zijiang suddenly looked melancholic, Tang Wushuang was too afraid to say anything now.
    After some time Yang Zijiang asked:"Do you know why I want him to kill that fellow? And why I am sitting here drinking wine."
    Tang Wushuang thought:If you give me a choice too I would rather drink wine too and relax here.
    But Tang Wushuang just smiled apologetically:"I do not know."
    Yang Zijiang said seriously:"It is because I haven't killed anyone before in my life, I really do not wish to kill."
    Tang Wushuang was surprised and asked:"You....you really haven't killed before?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"You don't believe me?"
    He now turned very serious and said:"It is because ever since I stared to roam the realm I have not met anyone who is worthy being killed by me."
    Tang Wushuang asked:"May I ask what kind of people is worthy of your attention?"
    Yang Zijiang looked at him and said casually:"I will let you know when I see such a person."

End of chapter 28
    Last edited by Athena; 08-09-03 at 04:17 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Cool

I am a bit confused. was Yang the one who was here first and went into the room with Xiangxiang or the new guy???

Originally posted by Athena
    The unknown man scoffed:"With your head gone, who is going to protect us?"
    Yang Zijiang smiled:"I'm very capable of dealing with those who want your head. As for those who want my head.......They won't even want your head if you would present it on a silver plate."
    I like this part. In other words, these are the big leagues. These people deal with each other on a level that normal people, even those so called "experts" of the realm can't comprehend. The regular folks don't even know who the pros are. It's like they live in their own special world, with their own set of intrigues and conflicts.

Yang ZiJiang is one of my favorites in this story.
    Last edited by TigerWong; 08-06-03 at 06:24 AM.