Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

To Goofy: You're not bossy at all! In fact you're very kind. Gu Long never really explained how Yu Peiyu could see that those two were the same person. Perhaps Yu Peiyu relied on his gut instinct.
    To others: Again thanks for reading and I've opened a new thread because the other was getting too long.

Chapter 25 The Vicious Teacher And The Evil Disciple

The smoke of the fires made the cave very eerie, it resembled the netherworld.
    The face of Sang Mukong was mutilated and one couldn't distinguish his face anymore. He looked monstrous.
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"Oh, it is you."
    Although she was laughing, her hands were very cold.
    She was getting ready to attack Sang Mukong, Yu Peiyu didn't try to stop her. Their survival depended on whether her attack was successful.
    Sang Mukong said coldly:"Miss is a very clever and bold young girl, however even after another ten years you're not my match. Perhaps with the help of young master Yu and granny Hu, the three of you could meet a draw with me. Unfortunately granny Hu and young master Yu are still weakened by the incense."
    Zhu Lei'Er knew he was telling the truth.
    Sang Mukong laughed:"Furthermore I saved your lives, you should be thanking me."
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned:"You saved us?"
    Sang Mukong said:"I was the one who used my internal strength to blew the incense into the fire. Furthermore I used my energy make the fire burn faster."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"Even so! If I didn't throw that incense in front of you, you couldn't have blown it in the fire."
    Sang Mukong laughed loudly:"Miss, you're still a young girl."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked annoyed and said:"Don't ......"
    Sang Mukong interrupted her:"This traitor had concealed a lethal poison in the handle of his dagger. Just a drop can melt your body away in about an hour."
    Zhu Lei'Er retorted:"I saw that watery substance hit you in the face."
    Sang Mukong said:"That traitor thought I was doomed for, but he forgot one important thing."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked quickly:"What is that?"
    Sang Mukong ripped off his face, Yu Peiyu saw his true appearances.
    He looked very handsome even for his old age, he must have been a very handsome man in his younger years.
    Yu Peiyu wondered why he always had to diguise himself strangely, the old man with one arm the old wrinkled fellow.
    Zhu Lei'Er was very surprised and said:"You were wearing a death mask?"
    Sang Mukong smiled:"This mask is one of my best inventions, cannot be destroyed by water and fire. The poison, he used is lethal but he can penetrate through the mask."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled sweetly:"You look very handsome, why wear a mask?"
    Sang Mukong said:"I won't allow people to see my true face, if someone will see my true appearances they will die!"
    Everyone was startled when they heard this,
    Zhu Lei'Er stuttered:"You....you....."
    Sang Mukong laughed:"Don't be afraid, this isn't my true appearence either."
    Last edited by Athena; 07-25-03 at 03:54 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Cool

Athena, you are too kind.

I have hard times dividing my devotion for between Moin and you.

Luckily, I am a girl so I don't have to fight someguy to dead for your hands.

Somehow, I have a feeling that this hierach in cahoot with the mastermind.

I think in normal condition, he will be defeated by Yu though since they were not very far apart in level back at the cave and now Yu is much better than then.

Am I right?
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Thank you very much for the translation. Eventhough i don't post much but I have been checking this wonderful site every hour whenever I have the time.

Thank you again

Arrow

Thanks Goofy and Pjaya!
    Sang Mukong is a sly dog, I think martial arts wise Yu Peiyu might be stronger but Sang has more experience and his techniques are very strange and dangerous. Also he has the advantage of using poison.

Another short post for now:

After everyone was stunned by his words, Sang Mukong continued:"At least I know that this traitor in cahoots with Yu Fanghe. It is hard to believe that the benevolent Yu Fanghe is nothing but a powersick hypocrite."
    Yu Peiyu said angrilly:"You......."
    But then he remembered Sang Mukong was talking about the imposter. Yu Peiyu felt very sad that his late father's reputation was being tarnished by that evil fake Yu Fanghe.
    Sang Mukong looked pensive and did not notice Yu Peiyu's angry tone.
    Zhu Lei'Er was still very much surprised and wanted to ask how he really looked like. But she quickly stopped herself.
    Instead she asked:"What are you planning to do with us?"
    Sang Mukong said slowly:"To be honest I'm not a benevolent man and you know that. You know too many of my secrets, I cannot let you live."
    He paused for a minute and continued:"However you did not try to take my life earlier, and neither will I take advantage of this situation either. If we should meet again in the future we will neither be friends nor enemies."
    Zhu Lei'Er was very anxious when she heard the first part, and thought they were done for. However she was relieved to hear that he would spare them.
    Sang Mukong looked at Yu Peiyu the entire time when he spoke. Granny Hu was very happy and said:"Hierarch Sang is a true hero."
    Sang Mukong looked at her coldly and sternly said:"Shut up! If you weren't travelling with Yu Peiyu I would love to kill you right now! Or at least chop off your two hands!"
    Granny Hu immediately kept quiet.
    She saw that Yu Peiyu wanted to say something, she was afraid his words might offend Sang Mukong. She quickly said to Yu Peiyu:"We should go now, if we're delayed any longer. I can't vow for her recovery."
    Yu Peiyu shook his head, and looked at Silver Blossom one more time and hoped she will sincerely change her ways after this incident and sighed deeply.
    Sang Mukong saw Yu Peiyu and said seriously:"I will take care of her, she is still my daughter. No matter what she has done."
    Yu Peiyu nodded at him as a sign of thanks.

Yu Peiyu saw that outiside the cave their carriage and horses were still there.
    Although he has never ridden a carriage before, he could manage and he quickly followed the directions closely of granny Hu.
    His heart was filled with worries and questions, Zhu Lei'Er saw that there was a small window and she could talk and speak with Yu Peiyu.
    She asked gently:"Fourth uncle, are you allright? What are you thinking about?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"The hierarch of the Heavenly Silkworm Sect is a very mysterious man, nobody can tell whether he is good or evil. But one thing is for sure he will surely seek out Yu Fa....that Yu fellow."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"That Yu Fanghe is a very cautious man, I don't think that Sang Mukong can openly accuse him of anything. There was no signature at the bottom of that letter. Even if there was a signature Yu Fanghe could find a scapegoat again."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Anyway Yu Fanghe has made a formidable enemy by aggrevating Sang Mukong."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Well Sang Erlang can't rendezvous with Yu Fanghe, I think Sang Mukong will go in his place to create trouble for Yu Fanghe."
    Yu Peiyu nodded and said:"Very true."
    Last edited by Athena; 07-25-03 at 04:00 AM.
    And all we need of hell.

another great translation athena. thanx very much. a coming battle between Yu Fanghe and Sang Mukong???? dont spoil me. lol.

Thumbs up Thks so much!

Hiya gys,
    Been burned out and returning.
    Thx Athena for the translations I missed. All I can say is WOW, alot of updates. I really love the dramatic scenes in these updates and also because the interludes are getting less ... I think.
    -
    Silkworm Feast event is one of the most dramatic event I have ever read. [Thumbs UP!]
    --- ie. Silver Blossom and Erlang rape [I'm understating the blood] with their "kiss, scratch, bite, pinch, hit, slap," "mad dog," "heavy panting," and the BLOOD. It's sex and death, perverse and yet erotic. Then, Erlang waiting for messenger - BAM, killed the messenger. Actually, was waiting for the horse - BAM, died too. So BLOODY wild, outrageous, and mad. [good in novels ]
    -
    -
    -
    Regarding Yu Fanghe lackeys dying left and right:
    1. It could be that the lackeys die for a higher cause because Yu Fanghe does focus on people with secret weaponry. If lackeys [who mime famous personages] officially die, then their [official] fortunes could goto Fanghe?
    -
    -
    Regarding Feng Sang, Tian Chixing, and Master Nu:
    1. As to how Chixing [FatMan] knows the location of Yu Peiyu and Lei'Er, even though VERY far off:
    --- quote: Tian Chixing laughed:"Nope! Go, quickly leave! My head hurts when I think of that strange character."
    Yu Fanghe and Lin Shoujuan swiftly left this place, Yu Peiyu shook his head and SIGNED [noisy enough?] when he saw those two escaping that easily.
    --- quote: She [Lei'Er] crawled out the furnace [...] Tian Chixing was surprised to see a beautiful young girl coming out.
    --- quote: Tian Chixing laughed:"Enough flattering already. Tell the other person [Yu Peiyu] to come out too. Who is it anyway?"
    --- So, he WAS surprised to find a girl [aka another person?]in the furnace? So, the SIGNING of Yu Peiyu could be the key.
    -
    2. Feng Sang can tell the martial arts of Shiyun when Shiyun approached the FengSan's house.
    -
    3. Feng Sang used the Qi blasts but tired [note the poison] himself out.
    -
    4. Defeating Dongfang Daming and Heavenly King Li with a few stances only shows how good Feng San is. Chixing's [FatMan] entrance doesnt really tell much about his performance relative higher martial arts like Master Nu, since anyone with enough internal energy can kill someone with a plate ... right?
    -
    5. But, we do know that Feng San can absorb peoples martial arts and internal energy, but can Chixing [FatMan] counter that or Master Nu?
    -
    -
    -
    More FengSan skills:
    1. quote: Luckily Zhu Lei'Er learnt the skills to seal and unseal acupoints from Feng San. Feng San knew all the different types of sealing acupoints techniques in the world. [MAYBE not Echo Valley ...]
    -
    -
    -
    Amazing martial arts displayed:
    1. The mime did not shut Yu Peiyu's hearing accupoint I think ...
    --- Yu Peiyu shook his head and said:"I did not hear a thing. The bricks around the furnace are very hard, but this person punched a hole through like it was tofu."
    -
    2. The mime is like the villain in the serial "Xiao Shi Yi Lang [Deer-Carving Sabre]." Could this be the thief [thought dead] who got the Ultimate Martial arts?
    --- Yu Peiyu said:"Someone crawled in the furnace and stayed behind me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said with surprise:"That hole is very small. He can't fit through there."
    Yu Peiyu said:"This man must have reached the highest level of the Skeleton Shrinking Skill."
    This skill wasn't a very amazing technique, usually some ordinary thieves would have learnt something of this skill. But the level of this mysterious person was unbelievable.
    -
    -
    -
    Observations:
    1. So, the somewhat passive Yu Peiyu vs. Master Nu is understatement to highlight Yu Peiyu's skills.
    --- quote: He [Huang Feng] is famous for his kicks, he could even smash a rock with his powerful kicks. Master Nu didn't avoid that kick and even allowed it to hit his body. But the only thing that broke was Huang Feng's leg.
    --- quote: His [Zhao Qun]iron palms were a respected skill in Wulin. He could break bricks with a mere blow. However his iron palms became as fragile as egg shells when facing master Nu.
    --- quote: Everyone was shocked to see his [Master Nu's] omnipotent martial arts and realised how good Yu Peiyu was.
    -
    2. Orthodox schools dont use the door huh?
    --- quote: Hong Lianhua looked at Guo Pianxian, he looked at Feng San and at Yu Peiyu. He made a somersault through the window and was gone.
    -
    3. Would've thought Feng San's crippling is already a humbling experience
    --- Feng San interrupted him angrilly:"If word would spread out that Feng San was carried out of here and fled. I will not stand for such humiliation, I will rather die!"
    -
    4. Could figure be the one who saved Yu Peiyu? Could be the 2nd uncle, because the first uncle must be stronger.
    --- quote: This figure was incredibly fast and picked up Feng San from the bed and was gone again. [...] But they could hear Feng San and the mystery person saying "Who is it?"
    "It is me!"
    They could hear Feng San sighing
    --- quote: But why did that person leave me [Zhu Lei'Er] behind?"
    Yu Peiyu said gently:"Perhaps he didn't know who you were."
    --- quote:
    -
    5. A way to man's heart is his stomach huh? [or some such saying] Comments?
    --- quote: Zhu Lei'Er giggled:"[...] I can guarantee that you'll be addicted to me cooking in just one day."
    -
    6. Wonder if Yu Fanghe is the mastermind pretending to be a lackey ...
    --- Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"This Yu Fanghe is very crafty. He has planned and thought of everything. He has found some fool to take the fall and protect his reputation as chancellor of Wulin."
    -
    7. Zhu Lei'Er reminds me of YangGuo ... same description too.
    --- quote: This young girl was very proud and stubborn. If you had mistreated her she will always remember and try to take revenge.
    However if you're good to her, she will always remember your kindness and will try to repay you.
    -
    8. Wonder the Notebook & Tablet that Yu Peiyu found is the Ultimate Manual that the thief hid?
    --- quote: Zhu Lei'Er said:"They [Yu Fanghe, Madame Hu, Dongfang Daming, Heavenly King Li (dead), etc] must be looking for some secret powerful martial arts codex. My mother must have found that codex but did not have the time to study it.
    -
    9. Seems Yu Fanghe and maybe his superior is very knowledge-able about the weaknesses of many people ...
    --- quote: Yu Fanghe used his hand to make a gesture, [...]
    Yu Peiyu saw the startled expression on Tian Chixing's face, Tian Chixing asked earnestly:"You...you recognize that person?"
    Yu Fanghe smiled:"That person doesn't dislike me, so we became quite close."
    -
    10. Could also be that Chixing was afraid of being messed with his mind [ie. his headache]
    --- quote: But I've never heard of the valley before, third uncle never mentioned it to me. Tian Chixing is not even afraid of my third uncle and he ran as fast he could when he heard of the Echo valley.
    -
    11. Yu Peiyu might get the support of Heavenly Silkworm Sect against the Mastermind [win win for both]:
    --- quote: The hierarch continued:"Everyone in Wulin knows about the lethalness and viciousness of our sect. But we're also very fair, we will hunt down our enemies to corners of the world. But we will help out our friends if they need our support.
    -
    13. Wonder if Mukong is playing mind games and this IS his appearance ...
    --- quote: Sang Mukong laughed:"Don't be afraid, this isn't my true appearance either."
    -
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. "We can rebuild the house, but we cannot go back to the past."
    -
    2. "Time will heal everything. And the fond memories of the past will always stay with you." [...]
    "You're right. If you keep thinking about the unhappy events in your life, there is no point in living anymore."
    -
    3. Granny Hu said:"But the ten of us aren't that powerful as everyone thinks. There are a few others that exceed us. The reason why I'm still around is that I don't underestimate my adversaries."
    -
    4. Zhu Lei'Er thought:Fourth uncle is afraid of dying too? Maybe because I have never experienced the joys of life, that is why I'm not afraid to die.
    -
    5. Sang Erlang laughed:"I don't mind, because I know that dead people can keep secrets best." [Favorite quote of someone in this forum in regard to secrets in Wulin ...]
    -
    -
    -
    Questions:
    1. Is the numbers 9 and 72 a cliche number? Or is there a significance?
    --- his 72 golden darts are well-known through the realm.
    -
    2. Is there a symbolic meaning when Peiyu & Lei'Er enter a furnace?
    --- quote: Peiyu [..] poored water on the furnace to cool it down.
    After a few buckets they [Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er] quickly hid in there.
    -
    3. Lei Feng [of Thunderbolt/fire-producer clan] is already rich, so why help Yu FangHe burn a village for a mere 30,000 taels [w/ tarnished reputation]?
    --- quote: They [fire clan] were one of the most richest clans in the world.
    -
    4. Wonder what relationship Lin Shoujuan has with Yu Fanghe that Lin is considered non-expendable?
    --- quote: Lin Shoujuan said sternly:"Master Yu is now the chancellor of Wulin, if you deliberately make things difficult for chancellor Yu. You will become the common enemy of Wulin."
    Granny Hu giggled:"The entire Wulin? I just see the five of you, I'm confident that an old woman like me can handle the likes of you." [...]
    Another man said:"I fully agree with brother Song. I too am not a busybody."
    Granny Hu laughed:"Only two. Chancellor Yu does know how to make good friends."
    Lin Shoujuan wanted to attack now, but Yu Fanghe grabbed his hand and shook his head.
    -
    5. Any more people in Echo Valley?
    --- quote: Tian Chixing said:"The most despicable and vile man on this world is the Parrot of Echo Valley."
    --- quote: Tian Chixing is not even afraid of my third uncle and he ran as fast he could when he heard of the Echo valley.
    -
    6. Did Sang Erlang mutilated Silver Blossom? since he dont have his underpart ... [Is Silver Blossom one of the most tragic females in Gu Long?]
    --- quote: Sang Erlang panted heavily:"After a man has to endure the silkworm's feast, he changes. Do you know in what he changes? I will tell you, he won't be a man anymore. Because of you I'm not a man anymore and I won't let you be a woman any longer."
    --- quote: The things he [Erlang] did to her couldn't be described with words.
    --- quote: The beautiful body of Silver Blossom was covered with her own blood, the pain was too much for her and she fainted.
    -
    7. ... And the intoxicating part of the incense was at the thicker part of the incense." [true?]
    -
    -
    -
    Upcoming Attractions:
    1. Wonder if Sang Erlang would escape while they talk ...
    2. Will Mukong [Hierarch of Heavenly Silkworm Sect] join forces with Yu Peiyu?

Arrow

Thanks for reading ProtoM and Anonymous!
    Anonymous:I've missed your insightful comments, I'm glad you're back. I hope you're feeling better now. Just remember "All work and no play makes a Jack a dull boy." So if you're really tired just take a break and relax for some time.
    There is always tomorrow!

Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"Fourth uncle........you should have asked Sang Mukong some more questions. You don't have to worry about me, an extra few hours won't hurt me."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"I really don't have any questions."
    Zhu Lei'Er blinked her eyes and said:"Fourth uncle, don't you want to know where Sang Erlang is going to meet Yu Fanghe."
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and said:"No, I'm not interested."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why not?"
    Yu Peiyu didn't answer her.
    After awhile Zhu Lei'Er said:"I know why, fourth uncle is afraid when you know the location, you will rush over there at once. But you cannot leave me alone. Because of me you're dropping everything."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Could you do something for me please?"
    Zhu Lei'Er looked happy and said:"Anything you want."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Sit back and take a nap. Don't worry too much."
    Granny Hu kept giving Yu Peiyu directions, she wouldn't tell him where she lived. She was afraid he would leave her behind and go to her house straight away. This old woman was really paranoid.
    It was evening now, Yu Peiyu was feeling quite tired now. But he didn't allow himself to rest and continued. He couldn't waste anymore time now.
    Because the next morning it would be the third day, they had little time over. They stopped in a small town, Zhu Lei'Er bought some oranges. She peeled them carefully for Yu Peiyu. She looked very worried, but it wasn't about her condition it was about something else.
    She was carrying around with a secret, and it looked like she wanted to tell Yu Peiyu her secret a few times. But she stopped at the very last minute.
    Yu Peiyu was wondering what her secret was, he didn't know what went through the little head of this clever and lovely young girl.
    The villagers in this town all looked up when they saw this luxurious carriage riding by.
    When they passed an expensive inn, granny Hu called out:"Stop the carriage!"
    The aroma of the delicious food was very tempting and made the company of three very hungry.
    Yu Peiyu asked quickly:"What is it?"
    Granny Hu said:"For the last two days I've only been eating cold buns and fruit, if I don't have a warm meal I will die of hunger."
    Yu Peiyu was startled and asked:"You want to eat here?"
    Granny Hu said:"I can smell the roasted mutton here already. This inn is called Delicious Cuisine and I think they are quite good at preparing northern dishes."
    Yu Peiyu couldn't believe his ears, he was travelling as fast as he could hoping to be on time. Now this old hag wants to eat and rest in this inn. Someone else would have cursed the old woman or even hit her, but Yu Peiyu knew that would be useless and said casually:"Very welll."
    Zhu Lei'Er was very surprised and called out:"You agree with her wishes?"
    Yu Peiyu nodded.
    Granny Hu smiled:"This youngster is smarter than you, he knows that there is no point in argueing with me. And in the end he has to comply with me anyway."

The Delicious Cuisine Inn does know how to prepare a good Peking Duck. It looked absolutely magnificent and it tasted even better.
    Zhu Lei'Er was very surprised to see granny Hu wrap only a piece of roasted skin of the duck in a thin pancake and dip it into a sweet-and sour sauce. And she was even more surprised to see her ignored the meat.
    She asked:"Why won't you eat the meat?"
    Granny Hu laughed loudly:"You, silly girl! The roasted skin is the best part of the Peking duck, only a fool would eat the meat."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Really?"
    Granny Hu said:"Of course, haven't you eaten Peking duck before?"
    Zhu Lei'Er remained quiet and after awhile she said calmly:"So what if I haven't eaten it before. You haven't eaten my congee before either."
    Granny Hu laughed loudly, but Yu Peiyu felt sad for Zhu Lei'Er. She hasn't even eaten Peking duck before, a very ordinary dish. There are so many joyous things in life she hasn't experienced before, but she had had her fair share of bitterness in life.
    Yu Peiyu was feeling sad, so he didn't notice that a man walking in. And when this man saw them, he quickly hid behind a screen and spied on them. After a look or two he quickly left the inn and released a smoke signal into the sky.

Later that evening, the company of three continued their journey. And they had exchanged those two good stallions for two ordinary fine horses. The stallions were too tired after two days. Although these two horses aren't that fast but at least they were strong and energetic.
    There was nobody on the road anymore, granny Hu smiled:"Don't worry! There is plenty of time."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Are we there yet?"
    Granny Hu said:"Not far from here."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Who is still left in your family?"
    Granny Hu said:"Not too many and not too little."
    Zhu Lei'Er gave up asking this old witch anything anymore, she won't reveal a thing anyway.

All of a sudden they saw a flare in the sky, and a soft noise.
    Granny Hu was startled and asked:"What is that?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Probably nothing." But he knew better than that and knew that it was a signal of some sort.
    But who could it be, were they after them? Could it be that Yu Fanghe was on their trial again.
    Yu Peiyu was very anxious and worried and now they saw road-block up ahead. Eight men wearing black robes blocked the road looking fierce. Yu Peiyu gritted his teeth and whipped the horses to dash through, he ignored the cries of those men.
    Yu Peiyu yelled:"Out of the way!"
    But those men didn't move, Yu Peiyu was no alternative but to dash trough them.
    However from both sides long spears stuck out and stuck through the wheels of the carriage.
    The wheels were broken now but the horses continued to drag the carriage ahead, the carriage made an awful shrieking noise over the ground.
    Yu Peiyu continued to whip the horses but it was no use they couldn't move anymore.
    One of those men yelled:"Give up now!"
    Two men walked forward and used their fists to hit the horses on their heads, the horses fell down and were dead. Those two men were awfully strong.
    Yu Peiyu was surprised by their strengths and granny Hu and Zhu Lei'Er were still too shocked as to what happened just a minute ago.
    Granny Hu said softly to herself:"This Yu Peiyu is only trouble, why do so many people want to look for him."
    Zhu Lei'Er jumped out of the carriage and ignored those men and asked:"Fourth uncle, do you recognize these men?"
    Yu Peiyu shook his head and said:"No, I don't."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Are they his henchmen?"
    [His] of course refers to the fake Yu Fanghe, but Yu Peiyu said:"They don't look like his men."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Are they robbers?" Now she turned around and looked at these men, she saw the leader was a young and skinny man. He looked quite handsome but had a very proud expression.
    But he looked somewhat surprised to see such a young and gorgeous girl coming out of the carriage.
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"Being a robber at your young age? You should be ashamed of yourself."
    The young man didn't answer and turned around to his men:"Are you sure? Didn't you make a mistake?"
    One of those eight men said:"I am very sure it is her."
    The young man stared at Zhu Lei'Er and asked earnestly:"Is your family name Hu?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said in an annoyed tone:"Your family name is Hu! What kind of ridiculous nonsense is this!"
    The young man turned to Yu Peiyu and said:"You're her senior, talk for crying out loud!"
    Yu Peiyu smiled casually:"You block our way middle in the night, you destroy our carriage and killed our horses. What do you expect me to say?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Don't think because you're a bit strong you can order my fourth uncle aroun. If my uncle is angered he will slap you silly for being rude."
    The young man laughed arrogantly:"Young Miss, you're the first person who has dared to be this insolent around me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"So in others you must be a famous person in Wulin."
    The young man said:"You can ask old woman Hu, who I am."
    Yu Peiyu said:"You're here for granny Hu."
    The young man stopped laughing and said:"What is your relationship with her? Is she your elder or teacher?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I don't have any connections with granny Hu, and if you should have any unresolved affairs with her I shouldn't interfere. But now....."
    The young man said sternly:"Now you want to interfere."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"What has she done to all of you?"
    The young man laughed:"What she has done?!? Allright I will tell you."
    He turned to one of those men and said:"Second brother Wang, tell him what business you have with granny Hu."
    That second brother Wang shouted:"The old b-i-t-c-h- killed my entire family of nineteen people. My.....my wife knelt to her and begged to spare my seventy year old mother. But....but....she....."
    The man started to cry loudly.
    The young man said:"Brother Zhao, tell him what the old woman did to you."
    Brother Zhao said:"My parents are dead, so the old hag couldn't torture them. But I did have a wife and five children. Because my late teacher once offended her, she killed my wife and five children. My youngest son wasn't even one years old."
    The young man said:"Brother Sun, tell him."
    This man had only one arm and used his arm to pull up his robe, you could see his scorched flesh.
    He didn't speak, but the young man said:"Brother Sun once unintenionally offended the daughter of granny Hu. So she tied him up and used fire to roast him for six whole hours."
    Yu Peiyu didn't want to hear these horrible tales anymore and said:"I understand."
    The young man said:"Six of our friends have died in order to find out where she lives, and we have waited here for an entire year just to await her arrival. Do you think your presence will prevent them for extracting revenge."
    Yu Peiyu remained silent, he was stunned and didn't know what to do. These people had the right to avenge their families and granny Hu also deserved to die. But he couldn't see Zhu Lei'Er die either.
    Besides he is still recovering from the intoxicating incense and because of the travelling is also quite tired. He knew he wasn't a match for this young man now.
    The young man said:"I'm telling you this, not because we're afraid of you. But I respect you for being a brave man and I hope you will back away from this affair."
    Yu Peiyu said:"If I don't."
    The young man said arrogantly:"If you can defeat me, I will let her go."
    Yu Peiyu leapt of the carriage now and said:"Allright, it is a deal."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"I have a few words I want to say to my fourth uncle."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I know what you're going to say, but.....I have to do this."
    She took Yu Peiyu by her hand and said:"I have to say it, come over here please."
    Yu Peiyu looked at the young man, the young man scoffed:"Rest assured, I won't harm old woman Hu before I have defeated you."
    Zhu Lei'Er said softly:"Fourth uncle, why do you have to fight for granny Hu."
    He didn't answer her.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I know you're doing this because of me, that youngster seems reasonable to me. If we would tell him our problem...."
    Yu Peiyu interrupted:"If granny Hu knew that after she gives us the antidote, she will fall in the hands of these men. She won't give the antidote to us. Furthermore these people might not even believe our words."
    Zhu Lei'Er was silenced and said softly:"Fourth uncle, you have really thought everything over."
    Yu Peiyu said:"There is no other alternative, I must save granny Hu first and then she will save you. Words mean nothing now."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But...."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"Don't worry! That young man might be strong but I'm not weak eiter. Besides I have recovered more than half of my strength now."
    She gently pushed away Zhu Lei'Er's hand and walked over.
    Zhe Lei'Er looked at him with love, sadness, respect, worry and melancholy. She knew that if Yu Peiyu has made his mind not even the might Jade Emperor can change his mind, so there is no point in debating or urging him to stop. All she can do is hope he will win.
    But she saw that young man looking very confident. He must have extraordinary skills and have an awesome background.
    Can Yu Peiyu defeat him?
    Zhu Lei'Er lowered her head and sobbed.
    The young man carefully observed Yu Peiyu and asked:"Do you really want to fight?"
    Yu Peiyu said resolutely:"There is no other alternative."
    The young man sighed:"It is a shame."
    Yu Peiyu was observing him too and saw his adversary was very tranquil and calm. Even more so than the famous master Nu, not that this young man could defeat master Nu. But because he was more careful, cautious than the hot-headed master Nu, he was a more dangerous foe to Yu Peiyu.
    Just standing like that the young man didn't reveal any flaws at all, and he hasn't even prepared himself for battle.
    Yu Peiyu took a deep breath and generated his internal strength, he noticed that the effects of the incense were almost gone. However he felt a bit weak and his muscles ached a bit. Not strange if considering that Yu Peiyu hasn't sleapt for the last few days and has been travelling in haste. To be honest he knew that he wasn't in top condition to fight a formidable adversary but he had no choice.
    Last edited by Athena; 07-25-03 at 01:05 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

This story is just filled with an assortment of odd characters. It almost seems like freak show compared with Jin Yong's writings. At times it feels like Jiang Hu is just a really grand insane asylum.

It also seems like MJFL doesn't really have a plot... and consists in large parts of random musings on the part of the author. Sure there is the grand story arc of the imposters but the day to day activities seem... directionless. Perhaps years of reading Western fantasy have shaped my expectations so that I expect to be bashed on the head with an obvious and continuous plot.

Still even with the bizarreness, and often sudden reversals of fortune I have to say that I do find this story to be very exciting. It's even motivated me to read it on my own (not a particularly easy task with my 50% or so literacy rate). Currently I'm on chapter 28. I read ahead to pick up the main plot, and then use the translations to fill in any potential details I've missed.

Athena, thanks for the translation, and exposing us to this story. If I had known such interesting writings existed, I would have been much more motivated to learn Chinese in college. As it were I viewed it as more of a monotonous chore than an adventure in those days. Rather regrettable really.

thanx u athena for another good translationg and a very descriptive translationg about foods. its making me very hungry right now. lol.

Lin'Er

You deserve an award for your translations.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.obscure.org/~dew/FP/Awards/Burns.jpg')

No longer walking amongst the living...

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Ooo, this is great! An upcoming fight, wohoo! But will Yu win or will he be defeated? Will a stranger come out of nowhere and save them? Until next time, on TSATE!

Thanks, Athena .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up Thks!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Hmm, seems Yu Peiyu is going through what I gone through Hope he get to play later on and get a Hero's vacation with all the girls he rescued! [I'll bring along Granny Hu for him j/k]
    -
    Actually, I'm recovered and now on a regular basis again, thx Athena As for insights, ... They are scannings of quotes that I impulsively want to comment and compilations of things that I like.
    -
    -
    To BluLotus:
    Can you please tell me what "TSATE" means? Thx.
    -
    -
    More Yu Peiyu development:
    1. Yu Peiyu interrupted:"If granny Hu knew that after she gives us the antidote, she will fall in the hands of these men. She won't give the antidote to us. Furthermore these people might not even believe our words."
    Zhu Lei'Er was silenced and said softly:"Fourth uncle, you have really thought everything over."
    -
    -
    Comments:
    1. quote: She [Zhu Lei'Er] was carrying around with a secret, and it looked like she wanted to tell Yu Peiyu her secret a few times.
    --- guess1: Lei'Er is actually Zhu Mei [her mother] who practiced Heavenly Silk Cocoon martial arts and who got a memory relapse and now recovering ...
    --- guess2: Lei'Er fess up she loves Yu Peiyu ...
    --- guess3: Lei'Er got pregnant! She did have sex with Sang Erlang ... [j/k]
    --- guess4: She actually is not poisoned, she lied all along ... [my real guess]
    -
    2. quote: Granny Hu laughed loudly:"You, silly girl! The roasted skin is the best part of the Peking duck, only a fool would eat the meat."
    --- Hmm. They should go into the deli meat business with the PekingDuck meat. Saves me some money buying them.
    -
    3. quote: Yu Peiyu couldn't believe his ears, he was travelling as fast as he could hoping to be on time [to save Lei'Er]. Now this old hag [Madame Hu] wants to eat and rest in this inn.
    --- foreshadows trouble ... good! haha
    -
    4. quote: Granny Hu said softly to herself:"This Yu Peiyu is only trouble, why do so many people [the road robbers] want to look for him."
    --- nice irony.
    -
    5. quote: The young man said:"Six of our friends have died in order to find out where she lives, and we have waited here for an entire year just to await her [Granny Hu] arrival.
    --- da*n, no Robin Hood and merry men and asking to join this gang of merry thieves?

Cool Re: anonymous

1. the fake old Yu although cunning didn't strike me to be capable enough as the mastermind.

2. I think the most he was the partner in crime.

3. the silver blossom abuse part - ??? How can you rape someone when you are an impotent? Although I can understand that he might have harmed her physically.

4. My guess is that this story is written in later period of his career right?
    what is the chinese title of this story again?

Cool additional comment

how come Zhu Lei-er didn't exercise her charming skill to all the men???

Arrow

Thanks everyone for reading again! No spoilers from my side.
    Another short translation today.

Yu Peiyu used with difficulty to focus and said:"You go first."
    The young man said:"I never show mercy in battles."
    In a flash they had already exchanged three stances, both knew that they were facing a formidable opponent.
    Although both were young they possessed the grandeur of great martial arts experts.
    There were another 10 men hiding in the bushes and surrounded the carriage too, they were friends of the young man.
    All of them looked angrilly at the carriage and were confident the young man would defeat Yu Peiyu.
    Both didn't have any amazing techniques and used very simple ordinary stances but they both generated powerful internal energy.
    The simple stances of this young man were quite unique, it didn't resemble any of the ordinary simple techniques in the entire realm.
    It lacked the impressive grandeur of Shaolin and it didn't have the elusive element like Wudang. Furthermore it wasn't lethal, vicious or anything. In fact they looked very useless but Yu Peiyu felt that those stances were everything but useless.
    Zhu Lei'Er was happy to see this young man's techniques were that simple, she wondered who his teacher was. Teaching such lowly and worthless martial arts.
    She wondered why Yu Peiyu didn't use those impressive techniques he used against master Nu. Within three stances he would be able to defeat this arrogant young man.
    She thought:This young man said he wouldn't show mercy, why are you showing mercy?

Unfortunately she didn't know the dire situation Yu Peiyu, his powerful will prevents him from admitting defeat.
    Those simple, stupid stances are extraordinary in the eyes of Yu Peiyu.
    He understands the power of this techniques.
    Like true masters in go (*Chinese chess) a simple move in they eyes of laymen are actually wonderful moves in the eyes of experts.
    Yu Peiyu never thought that such stances had such omnipotent power, if your every move has been cut off even if your internal strength is a bit more powerful. You will only be defeated sooner or later.
    The young man was gaining the advantage, and it seemed he was going to win.
    The young man sighed:"You're also very good, unfortunately your teacher is an idiot."
    Yu Peiyu was angered by his remark and said loudly:"Not necessarily."
    The young man laughed:"Do you have some extra wonderful techniques up your sleeve?"
    The degrading words of this young man has awaken his latent power now.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 12:47 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Cool

My insights:

Zhu Lei-er didn't seem to know much about martial arts. Shouldn't she be better versed, being with Feng San for so long?

Who was this young man? He actually stirred Yu to fight???

More mysteries.... :

Thumbs up Thks!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. This not so humble disciple [aka fan] contracted E Mei's infamous cliffhanger poison, and would like an antidote in the form of another [internal/orally] energized story about Yu Peiyu's condition, ... preferably from the famous top E Mei high prietess.
    -
    -
    To Goofy:
    Quote1: the fake old Yu although cunning didn't strike me to be capable enough as the mastermind.
    --- Well, he indirectly defeated all his adversaries [secret weaponmasters] and reached his goals [ie. got the village, almost got the Zhu Mei's notebook, didnt die from the FatMan, etc...]
    --- He keeps a low profile, almost like that MurderMansion lord.
    --- As for respect, he is already the Chancellor of Wulin.
    --- Its like a man pretending to be a woman whos pretending to be a man. [ie. mastermind pretends to be a lackey who pretends to be Yu Fanghe]
    --- anyway, Im just guessing. But he does have potential.
    -
    Quote2: How can you rape someone when you are an impotent?
    --- Isnt rape defined as non-consentual sexual actions on someone? [ie. doesnt have to use the middle part?] As to how, I dont know ...
    -
    Quote3: how come Zhu Lei-er didn't exercise her charming skill to all the men???
    --- Same as famous people wants to keep a low profile; unwanted attention. And also, her mother's status. And, she do it only if there is a purpose, I think. [ie. getting guinea pigs for Feng San]
    -
    Quote4: Zhu Lei-er didn't seem to know much about martial arts.
    --- She has her mother's gifts and can manipulate people, so she doesnt really need martial arts. And, she previously only live in that village. And Feng San is her protector [ie. she's the brain, he's the brawn -- I think.]
    -
    -
    New martial arts:
    1. quote: Like true masters in go (*Chinese chess) a simple move in they eyes of laymen are actually wonderful moves in the eyes of experts. [...] if your every move has been cut off even if your internal strength is a bit more powerful. You will only be defeated sooner or later.
    -
    -
    More Yu Peiyu Development:
    1. The degrading words of this young man has awaken his [Yu Peiyu's] latent power now. [cheesy to me. ]

Arrow

Thanks everyone for reading and providing comments!

Furthermore Yu Peiyu was feeling very tired, he was even too tired to think of those difficult techniques anymore. He relied just on raw power. And he attacked this young man ferociously.
    Both hands drew a circle in the air, and the two circles fluently followed each other up.
    It was like an endless series of circles followed, the young man was taken by this attack. He quickly backed away and carefully examined Yu Peiyu's attack before countering.
    At this point Zhu Lei'Er saw that this young man was a powerful martial artist.
    Because he could easily escape from Yu Peiyu's all-embracing technique.
    After looking for some time and avoiding Yu Peiyu's attack variations and noticed Yu Peiyu's internal energy was not that abundant anymore and he was getting tired.
    He used a very simple but swift move to advance to a weak spot of Yu Peiyu and attacked.
    Although Zhu Lei'Er saw that if Yu Peiyu would add another small variation into his technique he would be able to strike this young man down. However Yu Peiyu couldn't add an extra variation, firstly he was too exhausted now and secondly the young man had used simple moves to block Yu Peiyu from creating more variations.
    Zhu Lei'Er became very worried now and thought:It is amazing those simple dumb moves of him could render fourth uncle defenseless.
    At this time they two of them had exchanged another ten stances, suddenly the young man yelled:"Stop!"
    The young man leapt up in a vertical line for about 12 metres or so. Even if Yu Peiyu didn't want to stop he had to now, his adversary was not in front of him anymore.
    Zhu Lei'Er had never seen such impressive display of the art of levitation before.
    The young man asked earnestly:"Are you related to the Feng family in the south?"
    Zhu Lei'Er asked quickly:"Do you know my third uncle?"
    He looked at Zhu Lei'Er with a confused and shocked manner:"Your third uncle is Feng San?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"(*Humph)Since you know my third uncle, you have a lot of nerve to block our way."
    The young man said:"You call him fourth uncle, so he's the brother of....."
    Zhu Lei'Er interrupted:"My fourth uncle is the brother of my third uncle."
    The young man turned at Yu Peiyu and asked:"You're the brother of Feng San?"
    Zhu Lei'Er answered on behalf of Yu Peiyu:"Of course."
    The young man looked at Yu Peiyu for some time and sighed:"The brother of Feng San is working for granny Hu. No wonder that the Feng family isn't that glorious anymore."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"My fourth uncle is fighting you because of me. Not because of granny Hu."
    The young man was confused and said:"Because of you?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Even you must know that granny Hu is the leading expert in using poison. And only she knows how to create the antidote for her poison."
    The young man laughed arrogantly:"Those monkey tricks are hardly worth mentioning."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"You'll be singing in a different tone when you're injured by those monkey tricks."
    The young man laughed coldly:"Even if she had ten sisters and they worked together, she still wouldn't be able to use her poison on me."
    But now he looked at Zhu Lei'Er and said:"Are you poisoned by her?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Yes, my fourth uncle is taking her back to her home to get the antidote. You should know too that dead people cannot produce antidotes."
    The young man frowned:"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Would you have believed us if we told you?"
    The young man stayed quiet for awhile and sighed:"I wouldn't have believed you. I would have thought it was a trick by granny Hu and you were either her disciples or relatives."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You're at least honest."
    The young man said:"Even if you've convinced me, and I agree to look for her after she's given the antidote. She won't give it to you, because she knows her demise is near when she has cured you."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You're right. My fourth uncle understood this from the very beginning, so in order to save me he has to save granny Hu first."
    The young man looked at Yu Peiyu and said:"You have gone through a lot of effort just to save her."
    Yu Peiyu smiled lightly:"Wouldn't you do the same thing?"
    The young man sternly said:"But do you realise how many innocent people have died at the hands of granny Hu. And how many more lives she's going to take. Just because you want to save this girl, you discard the lives of so many others."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I've thought about this too."
    The young man looked at him carefully:"Are you planning on delivering her to us after she's provided the antidote?"
    Yu Peiyu couldn't answer him.
    Those were his thoughts, but he couldn't let granny Hu hear them.
    The young man continued:"So you were planning to defeat us first, before delivering her to us later."
    Yu Peiyu still remained quiet.
    The young man said:"Either way we have to fight."
    Yu Peiyu said:"It seems so."
    The young man said:"You must know now, that you're no match for me in your present state. It is likely I will be able to kill you."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Even so, I will have to battle you."
    The young man said:"It is most strange that you put so much value in the life of someone else. But you seem to have little interest in your own life."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I just know that a man should do what a man has to do."
    The young man smiled:"Well said! It's been a long time since I heard such heroic words. It pleases to hear these words today."
    He walked over to the carriage during his smile, Yu Peiyu blocked him. He said:"If you want to harm granny Hu, you have to defeat me first."
    The young man laughed:"I just want her to give you the antidote."
    Yu Peiyu said surprised:"She will give you the antidote like that?"
    The young man laughed:"I have my ways of persuading her."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 12:51 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Aww, another short update. But I'm enjoying every bit of it. It seems Yu Peiyu will make another powerful friend/ally. Pretty soon, he'll have enough help to take on the Mastermind.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.