Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Yu Pie is pretty in touch with women's feelings.

Thumbs up Thks Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for a much appreciated update. Love the antics the Wolf plays on Zhu Lei'Er. And a granny brothel, I learn something new each day. [j/k] And, I also get to pull the legs of the romantics here who believe in love between Zhu Lei'Er and the Wolf. howlllllll.
    -
    -
    Question to all Wuxia experts:
    What is the difference between Yin martial arts and Yang martial arts? [give me the whole enchilada, please. ]
    --- I thought Yin=feminine [ie Lin Chu Ying / Ancient Tomb sect], Yang=masculine [forceful and direct, right?] and has no bearings in Yin [cold]/Yang[hot] energy?

COMMENTS:
    1. For those who believe Zhu Lei'Er and Hai Dongqing can get intimate: bad move on Hai Dongqing's part?
    quote1<< Zhu Lei'Er asked Hai Dongqing:"Well, how will your horse leap over the wall."
    Hai Dongqing smiled:"Since when have you heard that horses can learn the art of levitation."
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned and said:"You said your horse could do it."
    Hai Dongqing said:"I was just telling a joke to a young girl." [calling her a young girl]

quote2<< Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"You know a lot about this place, you must be a regular."
    Hai Dongqing said calmly:"You're right, there are a least seven, eight courtesans who I regularly visit [could be to gain info?]." [going to brothels]
    2. I would've thought the brothel is the FIRST place her enemies will search?, because many villains go there often. Else, she got dumb [but still cunning] enemies. [Hai Dongqing is the exception huh?]
    quote<< Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"Of course, this is the last place [brothel]where her [Granny Hu] enemies will
    look for her. She opened a brothel to fool her enemies, what a cunning woman."
    3. quote<< Zhu Lei'Er said:"Nice name! However it is a shame that his wife is the hideous granny Hu."
    Hai Dongqing said:"You know that young women sometimes marry old men about thrice their age."
    --- guess1: Granny Hu is a young lady in disguise. [real guess]
    --- guess2: The Flower Swordsman [hubby of Granny] is actually older.
    -
    -
    Questions:
    1. Since the Celestial Wolf is a constellation akin to the Eating the Day constellation ... is Hai Dongqing as powerful as Chixing [FatMan]?

Semi-Interesting Lines:
    1. Because this was an era of peace, China is prospering now. The soldiers are very lazy now and didn't pay any attention to their duties.

Interesting Lines:
    1. Hai Dongqing said:"This is the world's oldest profession [prostitution]."
    --- Are we sure that hunting/gathering is not? [In terms of the hierarchy of human needs, survival is the lowest of needs]

posted by Anonymous

2. I would've thought the brothel is the FIRST place her enemies will search?, because many villains go there often. Else, she got dumb [but still cunning] enemies. [Hai Dongqing is the exception huh?]
    I think the story is trying to point out that a brothel is a place many will visit (therefore many wulin secrets are revealed there) BUT not a place martial artists would naturally go to look for a granny - its not a place I expect to find a granny anyway!

THX Again Athena, you'e such an

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Again thanks for reading everyone, Charlieboy has pointed out what I wanted to say about granny Hu and her brothel. Thanks!
    To anonymous:Keep those insightful comment coming. Thanks!

This is also one of my favourite parts, a very touching and romantic part. I hope I can hear comments from all and everyone one of you on this part. Much obliged.

Hai Dongqing said:"It is no different those young girls marry to the old men for their wealth. He married granny Hu because of her martial arts."
    Xu Ruoyu stood there looking a bit embarrassed, Zhu Lei'Er thought he would attack Hai Dongqing. But after a minute Xu Ruoyu composed himself and said with a smile:"Please enter my house for a cup of tea."
    Hai Dongqing scoffed:"We were about to enter anyway even without your invitation."
    He gave the body of granny Hu to the two servants, Hai Dongqing had wrapped the body in a cloth to avoid attention from local authorities.
    The two servants were a bit startled when they were handed this strange thing.
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"It is a priceless gift."
    One of the servant smiled:"It must be a present for Miss Xiangxiang from young master Hai."
    Zhu Lei'Er joked a bit with those servants, the servants felt unappropriate to answer anymore and remained silent.
    After passing a few corridors they reached the main courtyard of the Apricot Pavillion. It was nicely decorated and looked very tranquil, however there were loud noises of laughter and heavy panting and moaning.
    The sounds of moaning and panting were coming from lots of rooms from upstairs.
    Zhu Lei'Er turned to Hai Dongqing and said coldly:"Those girls upstairs must be your friends."
    Hai Dongqing grunted, Zhu Lei'Er said:"You really should pay them a visit, now that they're ill."
    Hai Dongqing was stunned and repeated:"Ill?"
    Zhu Lei'Er looked a bit annoyed and said:"Of course, they're ill. Can't you hear their moaning and panting? If they aren't ill why would they make such noises."
    Hai Dongqing was very much amused and started to laugh.
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at him very annoyed and said:"Why are you laughing? What is so funny?"
    Hai Dongqing looked at her again and his laughter was gone. There was compassion and sadness in his eyes now.
    Yu Peiyu sighed too in his heart, this young girl grew up under tragic circumstances. She is very innocent and naive, she is like an unspoilt white piece of paper.
    Zhu Lei'Er figured out that she said something wrong but didn't know what that was. She didn't want to ask, so she remained quiet and was angry.
    Xu Ruoyu came to her help and said:"I would convey your friendly messages to the girls. Thank you, Miss."
    Zhu Lei'Er said loudly:"I'm not really interested in their health, so you don't need to convey any message. I know very well why and what they caught."
    Although she said that but she had no clue why those people were moaning but she was grateful that Xu Ruoyu came to her help.
    Before long they reached the private quarters of this brothel, the two servants put the body of granny Hu on the floor and wanted to leave.
    Hai Dongqing said coldly:"Carry it inside."
    One of the servant said:"These are the private quarters of the old Madame, we cannot enter."
    Xu Ruoyu laughed and patted the two men on the shoulders and said:"It doesn't matter, do as you're told."
    The two men picked up the body of granny Hu and walked inside and put it down again.
    Yu Peiyu turned to Xu Ruoyu and sighed:"You're a very vicious man."
    Xu Ruoyu couldn't smile anymore and praised:"You have very sharp eyes, sir."
    Yu Peiyu ignored him and turned to the servants and asked:"Do both of you have a family?"
    One of them replied:"Ding San is still single, but I have a wife."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I suggest that you go home immediately, you might be able to see her for the last time."
    Both men were stunned and didn't know what he was talking about.
    Yu Peiyu said sadly:"The two of you already know too many of his secrets, he won't let you live."
    They looked at Xu Ruoyu and asked:"Sir, what is he saying?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Look at your shoulders and you will understand."
    They quickly took off their clothes and saw bruises on their shoulders, and a small puncture.
    Black blood dripped out of their wounds and it smelt awful.
    They begged for their lives, Hai Dongqing's eyes were filled with admiration and praise when he looked at Yu Peiyu. He now knew that Yu Peiyu was much more vigilant and observant than himself.
    Xu Ruoyu smiled to Yu Peiyu:"You have very sharp eyes, but you're wrong about one thing. Even now they won't make alive out of this yard."
    The two servants ran as quickly as they could but after a few paces they fell down and died.
    Xu Ruoyu closed the door and said:"Please take a seat."
    This man wouldn't think twice about killing a few men about a trivial matter, Yu Peiyu disliked him at once.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"You and granny Hu are really made for each other."
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"I did manage to pick up a few abilities from her in our marriage."
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed again:"So she should have learnt your eloquence when she had the opportunity."
    Xu Ruoyu thanked her, Zhu Lei'Er continued:"However silencing those two won't do you any good. You should kill another three extra people to secure your secrets."
    Hai Dongqing said:"He doesn't want to us to live either. That is why he invited us in here. But he doesn't have what it takes to deal with us."
    Xu Ruoyu remained quiet and kept smiling. Hai Dongqing asked:"You know whose body this is, right."
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"If my guess is correct, it should be my wife."
    He didn't seem to be sad about her death, in fact he sounded a bit happy too.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked with surprise:"Aren't you sad or something?"
    Xu Ruoyu said calmly:"She has this coming for a long time, she made many enemies and I knew she would die at the hands of her enemies sooner or later."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"You.....you....are fine with this."
    Xu Ruoyu laughed lightly:"You do know that I married because of her skills, if I pretended to be sad now you'll probably laughed at me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"In that case, we even helped you regain your freedom?"
    Xu Ruoyu smiled but didn't answer, but that smile said it all.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"It is bad enough that you married because of her martial arts, you could have run away after learning it. But why do you want to see her dead."
    Her voice sounded sad, and she attacked him ferociously. Xu Ruoyu quickly glided away from her attacks and said with surprise:"Miss, why are you suddenly this angry?"
    Yu Peiyu gently intervened now.
    Zhu Lei'Er yelled:"Men like you deserve to die!"
    Hai Dongqing was also a bit surprised by Zhu Lei'Er's actions, but he didn't know that this incident reminded her of her own parents.
    Hai Dongqing frowned and said:"Don't you want the antidote anymore?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said angrilly:"I want to kill him first."
    Suddenly an old voice said:"Who is poisoned? This must be the work of my little girl again."
    This person called granny Hu [a little girl], she can only be the mother of granny Hu.
    A very old woman came out in an old expensive brocade, she was holding a Buddhist rosary and held a dragon-headed staff in her other hand. Two maids accompanied her.
    It was quite a surprise to see this elderly, distinguished and amicable old woman to be the mother of that awful granny Hu.
    Xu Ruoyu respectfully walked up and whispered something in her ear.
    Old Madame Hu trembled and pointed at the body, she said:"That....that is her."
    Xu Ruoyu said:"Indeed."
    Old Madame Hu said:"Good! She is finally dead. I have told her so many times to stop harming innocent people, but she wouldn't listen. She sought her own death."
    She started to weep, she said:"Take her outside and burry her. I don't want her near me again. I will just pretend I didn't have this daughter."
    Yu Peiyu was surprised to see that the mother of granny Hu was such a reasonable woman. Although he hated granny Hu, he was feeling a bit sad for old Madame Hu now.
    Old Madame Hu asked with a trembling voice:"Who is poisoned here?"
    Xu Ruoyu said:"This Miss over here."
    Old Madame Hu looked at Zhu Lei'Er and sighed:"Such a shame, how could she? Ruoyu, take a look and see what type of poison she used."
    Xu Ruoyu wanted to walk over, but Zhu Lei'Er said:"She used the poison under her nails."
    Old Madame Hu cried out:"She scratched you? Where and when?"
    Zhu Lei'Er answered:"Tomorrow morning it will be the third day, and she scratched my hand."
    Old Madame Hu felt relieved and said:"We are not too late."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Can she be saved?"
    Old Madame Hu said gently:"Yes, of course. The Jade Emperor is mercifull and will be benevolent to good people."
    Yu Peiyu was very happy, all the trouble wasn't in vain. But now his fatigue kicked in, he almost fainted.
    Yu Peiyu composed himself and said:"I am most grateful that old Madame Hu is so considerate. But there is something I have to tell you."
    Old Madame Hu asked gently:"What is it?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"We did not kill granny Hu, she committed suicide with her final breath. I have even brought along her final words, in there she mentioned the antidote."
    Old Madame Hu smiled:"You're afraid that I won't rescue this young Miss, right?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Anyway I am most grateful for you help, thank you."
    Old Madame Hu said:"You must be tired now, rest here I will get the antidote."
    The maids carried granny Hu's body away and Xu Ruoyu accompanied old Madame Hu away.
    Yu Peiyu wanted to say something but he was too tired and sat back into the chair.
    Hai Dongqing said:"Don't worry, she will give us the antidote."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"If she doesn't?"
    Hai Dongqing said coldly:"If she doesn't I will make sure she does. And she doesn't have the courage to do anything against us."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"She doesn't even know who you are."
    Hai Dongqing said arrogantly:"When she sees the wooden board with granny Hu's final words, she will know."
    Suddenly they heard a series of Bang! Hidden doors came down and sealed off the doors and windows in this room.
    Yu Peiyu immediately jumped up and yelled:"We're tricked!"
    Hai Dongqing said angrilly:"This woman is even slyer than her daughter."
    Zhu Lei'Er said coldly:"Furthermore she isn't afraid of the famous Celestial Wolf."
    Hai Dongqing walked to the door and looked very angry and generated his full power to his fist and struck the doors.
    They heard a loud clap but the extra wall stayed intact, it was made from iron.
    Hai Dongqing turned pale, Zhu Lei'Er ran into Yu Peiyu's arms and cried:"This is all my fault......I......I....."
    She couldn't continue and started to cry louder. She was like this for days now, she wanted to say something but in the end she wouldn't.
    There was even strange smoke coming in from different sides of the room, Yu Peiyu yelled:"Poisonous gas!"
    They quickly held their breaths. But how long can they hold their breaths.
    Hai Dongqing gritted his teeth and used his palms, fists to hit the walls. But in vain.
    The entire room turned into an oven now, it was very hot inside. Zhu Lei'Er was starting to sweat at her forehead, Yu Peiyu used his sleeve to wipe it away. Suddenly he saw that his sleeve was white, it was cement but where did it come from. When he looked up he saw a small hole in the roof.
    Hai Dongqing's powerful energy couldn't punch a hole through an iron wall, but he made the ceiling shake and the ceiling was covered with iron plates.
    Yu Peiyu leapt up and used his body and palms to smash a bigger hole in the roof, Hai Dongqing did the same.
    After that, Hai Dongqing, Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er escaped through the hole on the top.
    They were standing on the roof, Hai Dongqing looked around and couldn't see anyone.
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and said:"The old hag and Xu must know that that room couldn't keep us trapped for long. They must be gone now."
    Hai Dongqing said angrilly:"I won't believe that they're willing to leave this place. They will return sooner or later."
    With that he leapt of the roof and continued his search, Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er came down too.
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"He is so arrogant and thinks he knows everything. But in fact he knows nothing."
    Yu Peiyu said softly:"You mustn't forget about his good sides, he did save us back there."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"It was you who saw the hole in the roof, he should thank you."
    Yu Peiyu smiled, he gently caressed her hair and said:"I will go upstairs again for a look."
    He didn't want to use the word antidote, he was afraid he would make her unhappy with those words.
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"It is no use, they've already left. They wouldn't leave behind the antidote and we don't even know what the antidote looks like."
    Yu Peiyu said sadly:"But they left in a hurry so they might not have the time to pack things. They might even have hid themselves somewhere in the brothel."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Maybe you are right."
    Yu Peiyu said:"I will start my search now."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"No, I don't want you to look."
    She pulled his hand, Yu Peiyu said gently:"But why?"
    Zhu Lei'Er didn't answer and just look in front of her daydreaming.
    Yu Peiyu followed her look, it was dawn.
    The three days are up, at any moment Zhu Lei'Er would die.
    Zhu Lei'Er said sadly:"Do you now understand why I don't want you to leave me?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I....will stay."
    His voice changed, he really hoped a miracle would happen. Could Hai Dongqing bring back Xu Ruoyu and the old woman.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I've never drunk wine before, I would like to drink to my heart's contend. Would you accompany me?"
    Yu Peiyu was still too shocked and said:"Where is wine?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said sweetly:"This place is bound to have wine."
    She pulled Yu Peiyu's hand and they walked through a few corridors. It was ironic to see that the flowers in the courtyard are withering away.
    Suddenly they heard sounds of people being slapped and cursing. A group of men ran out with their clothes in their hands, Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"What is that strange cold youngster up to again."
    Yu Peiyu thought it was a funny sight too, but he couldn't laugh.
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"If he thinks that old woman would hide there, he is too stupid."
    In a flash he stood in front of them, he looked rather tired and he was sweating.
    Zhu Lei'Er laugh at him, Hai Dongqing looked at her and didn't argue with her. What is the point in argueing with someone who is about to die.
    Yu Peiyu asked:"No sign of them?"
    Hai Dongqing shook his head and said:"I will see if they have left the city. The two of you stay here, they can't escape."
    He was gone again, Zhu Lei'Er said:"Just a minute."
    Hai Dongqing stopped and asked:"What else?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I want to know where Miss Xiangxiang is."
    Hai Dongqing was a bit surprised but pointed at a room and he was gone again.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I think the wine of Miss Xiangxiang is very good, let us go there."
    She walked ahead and pulled Yu Peiyu's hand.
    Xiangxiang had a birdcage with a parrot, the parrot said:"Xiangxiang come out! You have visitors, if you're too late I will break your legs."
    Xiangxiang said:"Naughty bird!"
    She laughed and came out, she looked rather pretty. Zhu Lei'Er recognized her as one of the courtesans they saw earlier.
    She seemed to be an entire different person, she was a good host and prepared wine for Yu Peiyu and Zhu Lei'Er.
    She was talking and smiling with Zhu Lei'Er, it seemed that they were old friends.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Haven't you noticed that something happened?"
    Xiangxiang said:"I heard some noises, but that is it."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Do you know what is going on? Aren't you afraid?"
    Xiangxiang smiled:"In our line of work we have to keep our customers happy no matter what. If not we won't receive our payment. No matter how we feel we still have to entertain our guests."
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"Do you mind entertaining me?"
    Xiangxiang smiled:"I would love to be friends with a sweet and beautiful girl like you."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Initially I wanted to pester you because of a particular man. But now....nevermind!"
    Xiangxiang said:"I would rather chit-chat with you than entertain any rich client."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"Let us drink."
    Xiangxiang said:"That is a coincidence, I have a few bottles of fine wine here. An excellent vintage, unfortunately there aren't any fine dishes here. I will see what I can find in the kitchen."
    These courtesans have been trained to be very eloquent and being a naive and innocent girl, Zhu Lei'Er is totally mesemerized by this Xiangxiang.
    When the feast was prepared, Zhu Lei'Er wanted Xiangxiang to leave. But she didn't know how to say that. But Xiangxiang understood and smiled:"I really should stay here and be a good host, but I think you want to discuss something first. I will drop by later."
    She walked out and closed the door, Zhu Lei'Er smiled to Yu Peiyu:"I thought she would try to entertain you, but she totally ignored you."
    Yu Peiyu smiled faintly.
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"Perhaps she saw that I have a terrible temper, that's why she is afraid to entertain you."
    She doesn't know that courtesans like Xiangxiang can distinct in a flash who she should flatter to and how to use her "kind and considerate" character.
    Many men have lost their fortunes because of her so-called kind and considerate character.

The wine was great, but Yu Peiyu could only taste the bitterness, after a few cups Zhu Lei'Er started to blush.
    She smiled:"Now I know why so many people like to drink wine, it makes me feel so happy and free."
    Yu Peiyu said softly:"If you like it, drink a few more cups."
    Initially he wanted to advise her not to drink too much, but when he realised she was about to die he didn't want to spoil her fun.
    Zhu Lei'Er said sweetly:"Drink with me."
    Yu Peiyu said with an enforced smile:"I will always drink with you."
    Zhu Lei'Er stayed quiet for some time and said:"You don't want to stay by my side."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Why would you say a thing like that."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why are you this sad?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"I......"
    He didn't know what to say, he couldn't be happy now.
    Zhu Lei'Er said softly:"I know that I'm not very important to you."
    Yu Peiyu said sincerely:"Don't say that......"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"What do you want me to say? I don't even know whether you truly like me."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Of course I truly like you."
    Zhu Lei'Er lowered her head and pulled her own sleeve and asked softly:"Why do you like me?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Because.....because......"
    Zhu Lei'Er continued:"I know why you can't say it. It is because you don't love me."
    She started to cry softly, Yu Peiyu gently caressed her hair and said gently:"Who says I don't love you."
    Zhu Lei'Er lifted her head and her eyes were glowing with joy.
    She looked deeply in his eyes and asked slowly:"Do you really love me?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Of course I love you."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Do you love me enough.......to be my husband."
    Yu Peiyu was taken by surprise.
    Zhu Lei'Er said gently:"I'm a dying woman, but I will be your loving and faithful wife till my last breath. And after I'm dead I won't mind if you would remarry immediately."
    Yu Peiyu's heart ached, her every word were like needles piercing through his heart.
    She looked at Yu Peiyu and said:"If you don't want to I won't blame you."
    Yu Peiyu said suddenly:"Nothing would make me more happier."
    Zhu Lei'Er trembled with joy, she asked with surprise:"Really? You're not doing this out of responsibility."
    Yu Peiyu said gently:"No, I am doing this because I love you. It is the wish of every man to have an enchanting wife like you."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at him with her dreamy eyes and she suddenly hugged him:"I am so happy. I am too happy! I want everyone to know about my happiness. I want to share my joy."
    She ran to the door and called:"Xiangxiang! Could you tell your friends to come here. I want them to attend my wedding banquet."

All the courtesans came and brought different gifts, they said the most auspicious words.
    Although those weren't expensive gifts, but Zhu Lei'Er had never seen them before. She was thrilled when she received them.
    This was happiness which Zhu Lei'Er had never experienced before.
    All the courtesans were filled with admiration and envy, Yu Peiyu was the husband that every woman was looking for.
    But only Yu Peiyu's heart was filled with sorrow.
    Zhu Lei'Er pulled Xiangxiang aside and whispered something in her ear.
    Xiangxiang said:"Allright, I will take you there."
    Zhu Lei'Er went over to Yu Peiyu and said:"I will come back in awhile."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Where are you going?" Zhu Lei'Er blushed and said:"You won't understand."
    Xiangxiang smiled:"He should start to learn."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled and disappeared out of the door with Xiangxiang.
    Yu Peiyu felt melancholic when he saw her gone through the door, the courtesans all whispered:
    "Miss Zhu is very fortunate to marry a perfect man like young master Yu."
    "Look he can't even bear to be separated from her for a short moment."
    Yu Peiyu's heart was filled with sorrow when he heard their whispering.

Yu Peiyu was very tired and the only thing that kept him awake was his concern for Zhu Lei'Er.
    He was hoping she would come back soon, but for a long time he didn't see her returning.
    After another short time he heard footsteps and Xiangxiang came back. Yu Peiyu asked:"Where is she?"
    Xiangxiang laughed:"Don't worry! Your bride won't run away."
    Yu Peiyu felt a bit embarrassed but asked anyway:"When will she return?"
    Xiangxiang said:"She is upstairs, she is doing something....She asked me to give you this letter."
    All the girls were giggling.
    One of them said:"Some say not seeing for one day is like not seeing for three Autumns."
    With Zhu Lei'Er around those girls ignored Yu Peiyu. But now they're swarming up to Yu Peiyu.
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 01:40 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Haa..haa.. I knew it..... I knew something's gonna happened between Yu and Zhu but I never thought they would get married. What about Lin Daiyu??? Athena update soon please....... and thanks for the translation

Arrow

Yu Peiyu was trembling when he read that letter. He read the following:
    Dear Peiyu,

For the past few days I have been trying to tell you something. But everytime when I want to tell you my secret, I was afraid you would scold me and hate me. I was never poisoned by granny Hu, that little poison of her cannot harm me. I pretended to be poisoned to test your feelings for me.
    I wanted to see whether you really cared for me or not. But when I saw the impossible trials we had to endure, even almost losing your life several times. I was too afraid to tell you the truth.
    At several occasions I wanted to tell you everything, but when I saw the trouble you went through I was afraid to tell you.
    I know you must detest and hate me very much, however I do not care because my wish has been fulfiled I was your wife.
    My biggest wish has been fulfiled, I can leave with a peaceful heart. I want today to last forever, there is only way to do that.
    By dying that is the only way I can repay and make up for my mistakes.......

His sight became blurry, his tears were clouding his vision. Yu Peiyu stormed out the room and yelled:"LEI'ER YOU CANNOT DIE! WAIT......."
    But Zhu Lei'Er couldn't hear him anymore, when he stormed open the door he saw Zhu Lei'Er holding a dagger. And her robe was red with her blood.
    If Yu Peiyu was still the stubborn young man he would kneel to Zhu Lei'Er's body and cry loudly.
    But now he didn't know how to express his sadness and sorrow anymore, he just stood there completely broken. He felt he had nothing to live for now.
    Xiangxiang said coldly:"She is dead and you're just standing here. Although you didn't kill her, but she is dead because of you."
    Yu Peiyu said in a stunned way:"Yes, I know."
    Xiangxiang said:"She used death to repay you, how do you plan to repay her."
    Yu Peiyu just stood there and didn't answer.
    Xiangxiang scoffed:"You agreed to marry her because she was dying. If she wasn't poisoned you would have never given her any consideration."
    Yu Peiyu didn't know how to answer her.
    Xiangxiang said sternly:"So you admit it! You're the most heartless man I've ever seen. I want to kill you."
    She raised her hand and wanted to slap Yu Peiyu. He didn't want to avoid that slap, he felt he deserved it.
    He wanted to be hurt, he wanted someone to hit him. That way he felt that in this way he would punished accordingly.
    But the hand of Xiangxiang didn't hit his face, in fact her index and middle finger sealed the acupoints on Yu Peiyu's chest.

End of chapter 26
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 01:45 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

Wow.

Booo huuuhhhuu... *sniff sniff* This is really sad. I hope Zhu Lei'er is only pretending to be dead. and who is this Xiang2. This novel really is an emotional roller coaster. I'm so glad you decided to translate this novel Athena. This is one of a kind. Thanks

Originally posted by optimus
    Booo huuuhhhuu... *sniff sniff* This is really sad. I hope Zhu Lei'er is only pretending to be dead. and who is this Xiang2. This novel really is an emotional roller coaster. I'm so glad you decided to translate this novel Athena. This is one of a kind. Thanks
    It seems like it's a love trap set up by either XiangXiang or Lei'er so I doubt she's really dead. They just want to test Yu PeiYu's true feelings for Lei'er from my deductions.

As for Lin Daiyu (or even Jan Yanzi), you really don't want to know.

Oh yeah, Lin'Er - thanks for the update. :
    No longer walking amongst the living...

Originally posted by someguy44
    It seems like it's a love trap set up by either XiangXiang or Lei'er so I doubt she's really dead. They just want to test Yu PeiYu's true feelings for Lei'er from my deductions.

As for Lin Daiyu (or even Jan Yanzi), you really don't want to know.

Oh yeah, Lin'Er - thanks for the update. :
    Yeah it makes sense since how would Xiang2 know about their business to lecture him.

Very sad. I think Lei'er is really dead. This is all a devious plot to ambush Yu Peiyu. He have been very observant lately and trying to capture would be difficult. The only way to get close to Yu Peiyu was to get him in a devastated state, where he doesn't want to fight back.

Or I could be totally wrong. Can't wait for the next update to see what really happen. Thanks Athena.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

No way!!!!!

Is not Yu Peiyu fault! Zhu Lei'Er tricked herself and now everybody blame Yu!!!! not fair!!!!!!

Athena, more update please... Optimus rite, I feel so many emotion's roller coaster...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

... I don't know what to say
    She was very deeply in love

Originally posted by Goofy
    Han Solo,
    I thought that Yu's energy was yin inclined too, but the fact that his energy receded reminded me of the yang energy generating.

I am not expert here but merely wanted to raise a question on Yu's based energy.

isn't true that with yin based energy like GJ's 9 yin, the user would give more saved-energy display.
    But Yang power is supposed to be more restorative than Yin, isn't it?

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for a big half pounder hamburger [Yummy]. Can you pass another half pounder too to make it a full pounder? [the half that contains the life/death of Zhu Lei'Er, please.] Actually, I'm kinda leary posting my views regarding the actions of Zhu Lei'Er because I really dont see it in a romantic light.
    I'm glad a few of the readers here also has this viewpoint.
    -
    -
    -
    To Han Solo:
    quote: But Yang power is supposed to be more restorative than Yin, isn't it?
    --- Yang=warmth has restorative properties [ie. hot soup]. I'll let Wuxia experts explain more, cuz I'm still newbie in this.
    -
    -
    -
    My initial view of update; why the scene is not as romantic:
    1. I preconceived match for Yu Peiyu and Lin Daiyu [ie. YangGuo thing]

2. I assumed Zhu Lei'Er will not die [ie. Gu Long twists, so assume she will not die]

3. I assumed when people die, they tend to be selfless. [ie. They have an omniscient view and understanding because their last life energy is concentrated in the moment] What Lei'Er asked seems selfish.

4. Yu Peiyu was tired (physically and emotionally) and at a disadvantage. He was more sad than happy.

5. As result, I was shocked that Yu Peiyu decides to marry Lei'Er, and it just seems too sudden. Felt it was emotional blackmail.
    -
    -
    So, I tried reasoning:
    1. It's best to imagine the worst case scenario first: that Lei'Er IS about to die.

2. The dying also has unfulfilled wishes [What Zhu Lei'Er asked]

3. Love can be selfish. [Read Yue Feng in "Legend of Sword and Saber" by Gigi/Goofy/Jo ]

4. Maybe Yu Peiyu reach a viewpoint that death breaks boundaries, all share common/recognize other

5. Zhu Lei'Er said gently:"I'm a dying woman, but I will be your loving and faithful wife till my last breath. And after I'm dead I won't mind if you would remarry immediately."

6. This scene can be poignant because this fragile, tragic love happens within a brothel that threatens to destroy it [at the last interval, the prostitutes use their techniques on Yu Peiyu.] [ie. like sharing warmth in cold weather]

7. It is ultimately Yu Peiyu's decision.
    -
    -
    -
    COMMENTS:
    1. Wonder if the antidote Yu Peiyu seek is actually meant as the DEATH of Yu Peiyu and companies.
    Old Madame Hu said:"You must be tired now, rest here I will get the antidote." [...] Suddenly they [Yu Peiyu and company] heard a series of Bang! Hidden doors came down and sealed off the doors and windows in this room.
    2. Interesting repetitions:
    She smiled:"Now I know why so many people like to DRINK wine, it makes me feel so happy and free."
    Yu Peiyu said softly:"If you like it, DRINK a few more cups." [...]
    Zhu Lei'Er said sweetly:"DRINK with me."
    Yu Peiyu said with an enforced smile:"I will always DRINK with you." [...]
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"What do you want me to say? I don't even know whether you truly LIKE me."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Of course I truly LIKE you."
    Zhu Lei'Er lowered her head and pulled her own sleeve and asked softly:"Why do you LIKE me?" [...]
    Yu Peiyu gently caressed her hair and said gently:"Who says I don't LOVE you." [...]
    She looked deeply in his eyes and asked slowly:"Do you really LOVE me?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Of course I LOVE you."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Do you LOVE me enough.......to be my husband."
    3. Yu Peiyu represents what Zhu Lei'Er really wants when she near death: someone to be there, while Hai Dongqing represents what people normally want: to find ways to cure the person at the last hours of death [ie. he searched the brothel and went out of the city to find the Hu folks].
    The three days are up, at any moment Zhu Lei'Er would die.
    Zhu Lei'Er said sadly:"Do you now understand why I don't want you to leave me?"
    -
    -
    QUESTIONS:
    1. What would you do if Zhu Lei'Er is actually alive? And if she died?
    --- I personally going to mock strangle her, but I have to admire her effort [Read Yue Feng in "Legend of Sword and Saber" by Gigi/Goofy/Jo ] And if she died, I will regret my initial views.
    -
    -
    -
    INTERESTING LINES:
    1. Zhu Lei'Er looked a bit annoyed and said:"Of course, they're ill. Can't you hear their moaning and panting [they are having sex]? If they aren't ill why would they make such noises."
    -
    2. Xiangxiang smiled:"In our line of work we have to keep our customers happy no matter what. If not we won't receive our payment. No matter how we feel we still have to entertain our guests."

Cool

so unexpected!

But I can't believe that Lei-er was really dead. It would be ashamed if the only heir of enchanting palace lost her life this way.

I really feel sorry for Yu. It is as if going through all deceptions is not enough, he had to endure so many love issues that came to him literally.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Hi Athena, i've been quiet but nevertheless faithfully following your translation. You are doing great!!! Thanks again.

Just to point out to readers, this thread (TSATE Vol IV & V) has registered 2355 views at the moment i'm writing this and it has just been 10 days (first posting on 24/07). Thats an average of 236 viewings in a day!!! Absolutely mind boggling.

Goes to show how many readers are enjoying your great work Athena!
    "Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Cool

or it shows how much anticipitation we are awaiting the update.
    and I think it did work.

Maybe we could do the same thing to Moin too.

:huray:

Go, athena, go!!!!
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Arrow

That was a very sad and emotional part. (Sigh*) Zhu Lei'Er really loves Yu Peiyu deeply.

Chapter 27 The Shock

Xiangxiang's fragile hands became as hard as stone, Yu Peiyu's acupoints were sealed. He fell down and looked at Xiangxiang with shock and disbelief.
    Xiangxiang gently patted him on his face and laughed softly:"She is dead now and I know that you won't want to live anymore too. I will let the two of you see each other again........" Yu Peiyu passed out now.

When Hai Dongqing returned he went straight to Xiangxiang's room.
    All the courtesans were still there, their faces were red and they looked happy and tipsy. Hai Dongqing didn't see Zhu Lei'Er and Yu Peiyu, he wanted to ask Xiangxiang.
    When Xiangxiang saw Hai Dongqing, she looked a bit melancholic and happy.
    She pulled his sleeve, and said:"Young master Hai, you have changed a lot since the last time we saw each other. All the other sisters were scared to death by you earlier, why are you so cold?"
    She continued:"After examining my room, you know I haven't concealed a man in there."
    He flung aside her hand and said coldly:"What is the meaning of those red candles*?"
    (*Those red candles were only used during weddings.)
    Xiangxiang smiled:"Haven't you seen those candles before?"
    Hai Dongqing scoffed:"You get "married" at least once everyday, why the candles?"
    Her face turned red and her eyes were watery. She lowered her head and said:"Women like me are not fit to use these candles. I know you look down upon me, but you don't have to say such mean words."
    Hai Dongqing said coldly:"Is it possible for you to be sad? I want you to understand that I am not here to look for entertainment. Spare me those feeble words! You should know that I'm not a gentleman."
    Xiangxiang started to cry and said:"I.....I....understand."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Answer my questions clearly."
    Xiangxiang said:"Yes, I will."
    Hai Dongqing said:"What happened here?"
    Xiangxiang said:"They got married."
    Hai Dongqing asked:"Who are [they]?"
    Xiangxiang said:"Your friends young master Yu and Miss Zhu."
    Hai Dongqing was shocked and stunned, he lifted Xiangxiang and yelled with surprise:"Why would they get married here! Do you expect me to believe those lies!"
    He used force in his hands, Xiangxiang called out in pain. She said:"I wouldn't dream of lying to you. Let me go, if you don't believe me you can ask them too."
    Hai Dongqing asked:"Where are they now?"
    Xiangxiang said:"They entered that room to consume their marriage. I can take you there."
    He released her and looked stunned, shocked and sad.
    Xiangxiang looked at him and laughed:"You're jealous, aren't you?"
    Hai Dongqing said angrilly:"What!"
    Xiangxiang pouted:"I know that you're in love with Miss Zhu, but she......"
    Before she could finish Hai Dongqing slapped her. She fell down and all the other courtesans were too afraid to speak.
    Xiangxiang sobbed:"How could you? Why won't you just kill me?"
    Hai Dongqing was very annoyed and shouted:"Don't think your tears will affect me. If you continue to cry I will kill you at once."
    Xiangxiang stopped crying, she didn't dare to pout or create a scene anymore.
    Hai Dongqing said:"Get up and take me to them."
    Xiangxiang said:"Very well. But they aren't there anymore."
    Hai Dongqing scoffed:"I knew your words were rubbish. Where are they now!"
    Xiangxiang said:"Miss Zhu was very ill, young master Yu agreed to marry her to fulfil her final wish. So we agreed to help them prepare for their marriage."
    Hai Dongqing believed this and sighed deeply:"What happened afterwards."
    Xiangxiang said:"After they went into that room to consume their marriage, but when I entered with the wine.......Miss Zhu........."
    Hai Dongqing asked anxiously:"What happened?"
    Xiangxiang continued:"I saw Miss Zhu fell down and blood was coming from her mouth, eyes and nose. She looked very eerie, young master Yu picked up her body and screamed and yelled. He suddenly turned mad and ran out of here, he was gone in a flash."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Why didn't you tell me this earlier."
    Xiangxiang said:"The other sisters don't know about this, so I did not want to tell them. I am afraid that when they know that someone died in this room, they won't want to use it anymore. And they might even tell the customers, that way it might affect the business of our establishment."
    This was a very convincing story and Hai Dongqing believed her.
    If the customers would hear that people died here, they might go to another brothel and stay away from the Apricot Pavillion.
    And Zhu Lei'Er's death was something Hai Dongqing has anticipated and Yu Peiyu being grief-stricken was also logical.
    Hai Dongqing wasn't someone who was easily tricked but this story sounded very convincing.
    He stayed quiet and looked sad after awhile he said:"If I find out that you lied to me......."
    Xiangxiang said:"You will kill me, right. I will be here waiting for you."
    Hai Dongqing turned around and walked away, Xiangxiang said:"Are you leaving now?" She ran up and pulled his sleeve, Hai Dongqing said:"I'm leaving now."
    Xiangxiang said softly:"My feelings for you are true, but why are you so heartless."
    Hai Dongqing scoffed:"Do you take me for an idiot! You don't have any true feelings."
    He flung her hand aside and walked out with big paces.
    Xiangxiang waited when he was out of the Apricot Pavillion, she scoffed:"You think you're very smart, don't you. But in my eyes you're nothing but a big fool."
    A courtesan walked up and said:"That youngster is mean and nasty, why won't you think of a plan to kill him? Why did you let him go?"
    Xiangxiang sighed:"Although he is a fool, his martial arts are very good. We may not succeed in killing him, I just made sure he left this place."
    Xiangxiang said:"But if he returns I will know how to deal with him, furthermore our cover is blown. We're about to leave this place anyway."
    The courtesan asked:"Have you killed that Yu Peiyu?"
    Xiangxiang said:"No, our superior wants him alive, that's why brother Xu is looking after him now."

Yu Peiyu gradually woke up and saw Xu Ruoyu sitting at a table drinking wine.
    Xu Ruoyu laughed:"Brother Yu, you're awake. I was disappointed that you did not know how to drink this fine wine. You should sip and savour the wine slowly, if you drink it like how you did. You will get drunk very easily."
    Yu Peiyu knew this too, but at the time he was too sad and did care about how to drink wine.
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"It is fortunate that you did not teach your friend how to drink this wine."
    Yu Peiyu asked anxiously:"What do you mean?"
    Xu Ruoyu said:"Look for yourself, brother Yu." Xiangxiang came in and she was holding a beautiful young girl, it was Zhu Lei'Er she was still alive.
    Yu Peiyu called out with shock, surprise and joy:"You're not dead!"
    Zhu Lei'Er didn't look up.
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"Because this Miss Zhu did not know how to drink this wine, she became weak and tipsy very fast. She wanted to slit her throat but because her hands became very weak. So instead of slitting her throat she made a cut on her chest and fainted of the wine and the pain. The cut wasn't deep and you were too shocked to take her pulse."
    Yu Peiyu was filled with joy and wanted to hug her but he noticed that his acupoints were still sealed.
    Zhu Lei'Er begged:"Xiangxiang, I beg you kill me please. I can't see him anymore."
    Yu Peiyu said gently:"I don't blame you, Lei'Er. Don't say those things, I want you to live."
    Zhu Lei'Er sobbed:"But it is my fault that you're captured by them. I.....I...."
    Xu Ruoyu laughed:"What a touching scene! Even I am touched, but this isn't the time for this sort of romantic nonsense."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Granny Hu died because of him, and you hate granny Hu so you really should let him go. Please I beg of you."
    Xu Ruoyu sighed:"I'm most grateful that brother Yu killed that awful wife of mine, but I have my orders not to release you."
    Zhu Lei'Er sobbed:"Tell the mother of granny Hu to come here, I will talk to her."
    Xiangxiang smiled:"I'm afraid it is too late, she is dead." Zhu Lei'Er said:"Did Hai Dongqing kill her?"
    Xiangxiang said:"He doesn't have that sort of ability yet."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Where were you at the moment?"
    Xu Ruoyu laughed:"When you stormed out through the roof, I entered the room you just left. You turned the entire brothel upside down but forgot to look for one place."
    Yu Peiyu sighed and praised Xu Ruoyu for being clever in his heart.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Who killed the old woman?"
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"It was I."
    Zhu Lei'Er exclaimed with surprise:"You?"
    Xu Ruoyu said:"I think by the time you came here her body was already rotting away."
    Xiangxiang laughed but suddenly her voice changed:"Good! She is finally dead. I have told her many times not to kill innocent people anymore."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at her and said:"You were that old woman?"
    Xiangxiang smiled sweetly:"That was me."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"After you escaped from that room, you removed your disguise and went back to your own room. No wonder Hai Dongqing couldn't find the old crone."
    Xiangxiang said:"You're right."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"The two of you wanted to betray granny Hu for a long time, so when she left her home you killed her mother. And because of the old woman hardly revealed herself to others nobody suspected a thing."
    Xu Ruoyu smiled:"As you know I married her because of her martial arts, I have learnt almost 90 percent of her skills. I couldn't stand her hideous face anymore and everytime when I saw her I wanted to throw up. Unfortunately the opportunity never arose, but now."
    Xiangxiang said:"Originally we wanted to kill her after she returns but now this way saved us a lot of work."
    Zhu Lei'Er blinked with her eyes and said:"But we helped you, you should really let us go."
    Xu Ruoyu said:"As I said we have our orders from our superior."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Superior? Who is that?"
    Xu Ruoyu said:"You will soon find out."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Do we know your master?"
    Xiangxiang said:"I think you might have met."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at Yu Peiyu and Yu Peiyu looked at her, both thought of the same person: Yu Fanghe.
    Yu Fanghe used a similar trick in the Heavenly Silkworm Sect.
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"So do you not want to avenge granny Hu."
    Xu Ruoyu yawned and rubbed his eyes, he said:"If we wanted to avenge the old crone we will look for Hai Dongqing."
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Have you planned something against him."
    Xiangxiang said:"If our superior wants us to deal with him, we will deal with him. If not, he is not worthy of our attention."
    After awhile both looked very sleepy and tired, Xiangxiang looked like she aged with ten years in a short while.
    They were yawning and rubbing their eyes, and Xu Ruoyu kept blowing his nose.
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised to see this sudden change in them.
    Xiangxiang yawned:"Do you have something left?"
    Xu Ruoyu said:"Hmm?"
    Xiangxiang scoffed:"I knew you were hiding out on me, give me some if not you will be sorry."
    Xu Ruoyu was even too tired to open his eyes, he yawned:"If I have hidden some, I am your son."
    Normally these two would talk rather politely to each other, but now they were quite rough.
    And what was that thing they needed.
    Yu Peiyu was suspicious too, suddenly the courtesans said:"Our master is here."
    Xu Ruoyu and Xiangxiang looked excited and walked to the door and stood there respectfully.
    A group of nine people entered wearing long cloaks and big straw hats.
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"The chancellor of Wulin is even too afraid to show us our true face."
    One of the nine said:"I'm not the chancellor of Wulin, at least not yet. But are you talking to me?"
    The voice sounded clear and beautiful, it belonged to a young woman.
    The nine removed their cloaks, they were all young pretty women. One of them was a bit taller than the other eight. And ten times prettier than the other eight women.
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted:"Yu Fanghe, show yourself!"
    The taller girl laughed:"Do you think I am Yu Fanghe?"
    Yu Peiyu recognized this girl as the horrible and maniacal Ji Lingfeng, it was a long time since they met.
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"You are surprised to see me, weren't you expecting me?"
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"I should have guessed it was you. When I saw their changes I should have guessed you had a hand in this."
    Ji Lingfeng sighed:"It is too bad you did not have the time to taste my precious pills for a longer period."
    Ji Lingfeng pointed at Xiangxiang and Xu Ruoyu and said:"Look at these two, the man is lecherous pig and the woman is a nymphomaniac. But I can tell you that these two do not have an affair and haven't even touch each other."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Why is that?"
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Because their interest lies somewhere else now. And do you know what that is?"
    Zhu Lei'Er stayed quiet, Ji Lingfeng continued:"Because they are addicted to my pills of happiness. And when they're addicted to my pills they won't have any interest except working for me."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked with surprise:"Pills of happiness?"
    Ji Lingfeng smiled:"It is a gift from the gods themselves. Do you
    wish to try?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I wouldn't mind tasting it, I like poisonous things. The more poisonous the better."
    Yu Peiyu shouted:"Do you want to become like those two! Look at them because of those damn pills they are slaves of her! They don't have their freedom and lives anymore. For those pills they are willing to betray themselves!"
    Zhu Lei'Er had never seen Yu Peiyu this angry before, he must really hate these pills she thought.
    Xu Ruoyu and Xiangxiang lowered their heads, when they heard Yu Peiyu's words. They felt embarrassed.
    Yu Peiyu said:"I was addicted to these pills too, it is possible to break free from it. If you have the courage and the tenacity you will succeed. You can regain your freedom and lives."
    Xu Ruoyu and Xiangxiang looked anxious, they wanted to fight their addiction like Yu Peiyu said.
    Ji Lingfeng took out a small box and took out a few pills. She said:"These pills were for you, but now you don't want them anymore. I will just have to give them to someone else."
    Their ambition to fight it was gone now, they knelt down and started to kowtow to Ji Lingfeng. They begged:"I want them, I do not want to stop using those pills."
    Ji Lingfeng said coldly:"So you have no intentions of rebelling against me."
    Both of them said:"I wouldn't dare."
    Ji Lingfeng said:"Are you willing to be my slaves for the rest of your lives."
    Both of them said:"Yes, I am willing."
    Ji Lingfeng scoffed:"Useless slaves! Here take it!"
    She threw the box and the pills on the floor, Xu Ruoyu and Xiangxiang were acting like dogs and were picking up those pills like frantic lunatics.

End of chapter 27
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 03:54 PM.
    And all we need of hell.

YES!!!! ^.^ v...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.