Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sword And The Exquisiteness (Volumes IV and V)

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Default Re: Thks!

Originally posted by Anonymous

To BluLotus:
    Can you please tell me what "TSATE" means? Thx.
    TSATE = The Sword And The Exquisiteness .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Question

another mysterious powerful artist to make my head go BOOM! hehehhe....it does pass the time at work. thanx for the translation athena.

Thumbs up Thks!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Thx for the antidote, now I can make another pilgrimage tomorrow [You can put me in the guinness book of world records ]. Hope, Yu Peiyu learns more martial arts from this character ... hmm, wonder if he is 2nd uncle?
    -
    -
    To CrazyT:
    Pretty soon, he'll have enough help to take on the Mastermind.
    --- good prediction. However, it will be really funny if all those heroes gather and find out that the Mastermind is just a nobody. [very anti-climatic]
    -
    -
    To BluLotus:
    TSATE = The Sword And The Exquisiteness
    --- Dang, thought it was a fancy [foreign language derivative] of saying "Cheers! " Thx
    -
    -
    Comments:
    The young [robber leader] man laughed coldly:"Even if she [Granny Hu] had ten sisters and they worked together, she still wouldn't be able to use her poison on me."
    --- guess1: like Guo Jing and his poison resistance
    --- guess2: like the skin [ie. mask] of the Hierarch of Heavenly Silkworm Sect.
    --- guess3: like Zhu Lei'Er and her poison resistance

Yu Peiyu said surprised:"She [Granny Hu] will give you the antidote [just] like that?"
    The young man laughed:"I have my ways of persuading her."
    --- guess1: he makes deal with Granny.
    --- guess2: he can bring an unmentionable personage onto her. [like Parrot of Echo Valley on that FatMan]
    --- guess2: he has a black list [online rpg player killers ] of Granny Hu's family.

Questions:
    1. Could any Wuxia experts give a logical explanation [in martial arts terms] how that young man can restrict the variations of Yu Peiyu?
    Yu Peiyu couldn't add an extra variation, firstly he was too exhausted now and secondly the young man had used simple moves to block Yu Peiyu from creating more variations.
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. Yu Peiyu said:"I just know that a man should do what a man has to do."

"Defeating Dongfang Daming and Heavenly King Li with a few stances only shows how good Feng San is. Chixing's [FatMan] entrance doesnt really tell much about his performance relative higher martial arts like Master Nu, since anyone with enough internal energy can kill someone with a plate ... right?" - Anonymous

Sure, what the FatMan has shown so far doesn't necessarily tell much about where he stands, but like I said, that was not the only criteria I looked at. And I can't say anymore, cause I don't want to ruin the translation. You'll just have to wait and see.

"But, we do know that Feng San can absorb peoples martial arts and internal energy, but can Chixing [FatMan] counter that or Master Nu?" - Anonymous

Feng San didn't need to absorb any martial arts when he beat the living daylights out of several of the top ten Masters in the world.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Thanks everyone for reading.
    Anonymous: Thank you for your insightful comments again. The young man was able to gain the upperhand and block, attack first before Yu Peiyu could add those variations into his techniques.
    For example I used the example from The Smiling Proud Wanderer by Jin Yong:
    Linghu Chong could win so many times, because he see/anticipate the changes of his adversaries and attacked to prevent them from adding those variations.

Yu Peiyu asked:"What do you suggest?"
    The young man said:"You don't believe me. If granny Hu doesn't give you the antidote, I will give you my head."
    The young man walked to the carriage, there was no sound in the carriage. Has granny Hu fainted of fear for this young man? Who is he that could strike fear in the heart of granny Hu?
    Does he really have the ability to force granny Hu to give Yu Peiyu the antidote?
    He opened the door and said:"You....."
    He stopped talking and was shocked, the moonlight lit up the carriage. Everyone saw that black blood flowed from granny Hu's eyes, ears, mouth and nose. There was a sinister smile on her face: The smile said: Nobody could force me to give you the antidote! Zhu Lei'Er will accompany me in the netherworld.
    Yu Peiyu almost fainted, he turned pale and was sweating. He hated granny Hu and could not imagine someone being this ruthless and evil.
    The young man turned to Zhu Lei'Er said:"Is she really the only one who can cure you?"
    Zhu Lei'Er stood there and didn't move, she didn't hear him.
    Yu Peiyu said angrilly:"Even if there is someone else, we don't have the time now."
    The young man asked:"What do you mean?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"She only has six hours!"
    The young man asked frantically:"How many hours before dawn?"
    Yu Peiyu didn't answer, one of the friends of the young man answered:"About six hours."
    The young man was stunned and repeated softly:"Six hours.....six hours....."
    Yu Peiyu turned around and shouted:"You have your revenge! Are you happy! If not slice up granny Hu's corpse, to proof yourself!"
    He couldn't control his temper anymore, he vented his anger towars these men.
    All those men lowered their heads in embarrassement. These men were normally good men, but because of their tragedies and their will to extract revenge they have become unreasonable rogues.
    But seeing their reactions Yu Peiyu felt uneasy for falling out to them, those men bowed to Yu Peiyu and left.
    Yu Peiyu lowered his head and wept.
    Zhu Lei'Er hugged Yu Peiyu and sobbed:"Fourth uncle, it's my fault. I....."
    Yu Peiyu interrupted her:"It's not your fault, I......I.....have failed you."
    Zhu Lei'Er wept:"Fourth uncle, listen to me...."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Don't call me fourth uncle!"
    Zhu Lei'Er trembled and said:"What do you mean?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled sadly:"I'm not that much older than you, you should call me brother. Besides you don't want to be my niece, you want to be my little sister right?"
    Zhu Lei'Er raised her head and looked at Yu Peiyu dazzled. Her eyes were filled with happiness, surprise, revelry but in a moment it turned into sadness.
    Yu Peiyu looked at her innocent, bright, pretty face and watery eyes, he too was filled with sorrow.
    He hated himself.
    He thought:I knew her feelings all along, why did I just tell her that. I should have said those words a long time ago. Her life was filled with tragedy I should make her happy.
    The young man sighed too and turned around not to look at them. He looked into the carriage and saw characters on the wall.
    Granny Hu carved those characters on the wall with her nails:
    First there is the constellation eating the day, now there is a celestial wolf.
    The world is a big place, but I cannot hide anywhere. Only death is my salvation, but rest assured. Return my body and I will grant you......"

Zhu Lei'Er now walked over and read those characters, she asked:"Who is this celestial wolf?"
    The young man said:"I am that celestial wolf."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at him and said:"Such a vicious name."
    The young man said:"It is also a name of a constellation."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"A constellation?"
    The young man arrogantly said:"According to the Han analects: In the east there is a star named Wolf. It is very difficult to see this star because it appears next to the sun."
    Zhu Lei'Er frowned and said:"Don't you have another name than this?"
    The young man said:"Yes, I have. Namely Hai Dongqing."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Hai Dongqing isn't that some sort of bird of prey? What does that have to do with celestial wolf?"
    Hai Dongqing said calmly:"Isn't a bird of prey a wolf in the sky."
    Zhu Lei'Er sighed:"the Wolf and the eagle are both nasy animals."
    Hai Dongqing said coldly:"The wolf is the most agile animal and the eagle is the most magnificent bird."
    Zhu Lei'Er looked at him and said:"Granny Hu compares you to Tian Chixing, are you his brother? He is fat and pale, you're dark and skinny."
    Hai Dongqing looked annoyed, but didn't answer.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"You're a wolf, are your friends celestial pigs?"
    Hai Dongqing frowned but didn't say a word.
    Zhu Lei'Er deliberately said these words to annoy him, she couldn't stand his cold and arrogant behaviour.
    Yu Peiyu went into the carriage and tore off that part of the wall, he said:"Granny Hu didn't have time to finish the final characters, what could she grant if we returned her body."
    Hai Dongqing looked pleased and called:"The antidote."
    Yu Peiyu nodded and said:"I think you're right. She must mean the antidote."
    Hai Dongqing asked:"Are you planning on bringing back her body?"
    Yu Peiyu asked:"Could brother Hai tell me where granny Hu lives?"
    Hai Dongqing stayed quiet for a minute and said:"She lives around here, about four hours away from here. But how do you know that this isn't a trick of her?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Correct! She might want to lure us back to her home, and hope her relatives could avenge her. Furthermore when her relatives know that she is more or less killed by us, will they give us the antidote."
    Yu Peiyu sighed:"Even so, this is our only chance. Even if this is a trap I will have to go and see for myself."
    Zhu Lei'Er sobbed:"But....but I would rather die, than seeing you harmed."
    Yu Peiyu said softly:"If I was poisoned, wouldn't you do the same thing."
    Zhu Lei'Er sobbed:"But.....I....I....."
    Hai Dongqing loudly interrupted:"I will go with you, with me around you will not be in any danger."
    Zhu Lei'Er wiped her tears and said:"No need! We don't need your help."
    Hai Dongqing ignored her and whistled loudly, a beautiful stallion galloped out of the forest. It was a splendid steed.
    Yu Peiyu said:"Brother Hai, could you lend me this horse for half a day? I promise to return it after I have found the antidote."
    Hai Dongqing said calmly:"This is my fault, I have a responsibility to retrieve the antidote."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted and scoffed:"Splendid! But in my eyes....."
    Yu Peiyu interrupted her:"Lei'Er, don't be rude! Brother Hai's intentions are good."
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed:"I know his intentions are good, but I just don't like his tone."

Zhu Lei'Er rode the horse, Yu Peiyu and Hai Dongqing used their arts of levitation.
    After travelling for some time Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Who is still left in granny Hu's family?"
    Hai Dongqing answered:"She still has a mother."
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised and said:"She is very old herself, it is amazing that her mother is still alive."
    Hai Dongqing said:"She only has a mother and a husband, the rest of her family...."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"A husband? Did you say she has a husband?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"Yes, she has a husband."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"The old hag has a husband? How very strange?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"Most women have husbands, there is nothing strange to that."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Nobody in Wulin has mentioned she has a husband."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Most people in Wulin are very bad informed."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted and asked:"Who is her husband anyway?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"You will know when you see him."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Why are always that arrogant and unfriendly?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"I always talk like this, if you don't like my tone don't talk to me."
    Zhu Lei'Er was angry and stayed quiet. After some time Hai Dongqing said to Yu Peiyu:"You must be tired after travelling so many days without resting."
    He took over the wooden board with granny Hu's body and dragged it along.
    Yu Peiyu smiled apologetically to Hai Dongqing.
    Zhu Lei'Er suggested:"Why won't you tie the board to the horse."
    Hai Dongqing said:"No matter whether she's alive or dead, she is not fit to ride my steed."
    Zhu Lei'Er smiled:"You're carrying granny Hu now, so you're inferior to your own horse."
    She thought this time she would embarrass Hai Dongqing, however Hai Dongqing replied:"This horse is my friend, I don't mind doing a bit extra work for my friend."
    Zhu Lei'Er was surprised about his answer and smiled wryly:"You're very strange."
    Hai Dongqing dragged granny Hu, and he didn't slow down. It seemed he was floating over the road.
    Zhu Lei'Er was very interested who his teacher is and how he learnt such high martial arts.
    She asked:"What happened between you and granny Hu? Is she your nemesis?"
    Hai Dongqing just said:"Hmmmm."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Well, what happened?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"That is not your concern."
    Zhu Lei'Er asked:"Couldn't you reveal a bit?"
    His answer was resolute and short:"No!"
    Zhu Lei'Er was very annoyed and angry but laughed:"At least you have one advantage....."
    She stayed quiet and hoped he couldn't resist to ask her.
    However he stayed quiet, Zhu Lei'Er gritted her teeth and said:"Your advantages are that you're too pig-headed, arrogant and proud."
    Hai Dongqing said coldly:"I have another advantage....."
    He didn't finish his sentence.
    Zhu Lei'Er thought:You want me to ask you to finish the sentence. Ha! But I won't.
    Hai Dongqing stayed silent and continued to walk, it seemed he forgot what he said earlier himself.
    Zhu Lei'Er couldn't help it anymore after some time and asked:"What is that advantage of yours?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"I won't debate with young girls."
    Although Hai Dongqing was cold and not very talkative but he seemed to be very talkative around this young girl, even he himself couldn't understand why. Somehow in his heart he just wanted to protect this sweet and beautiful young girl. But why?

End of chapter 25
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 01:01 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Cool

I smell the coming romance.

zhu lei er + hai daqing =

this way, Yu won't have triangle loves (or was it octagonal?)

Three blossom sisters
    lin daiyu
    golden swallow
    Miss Tang
    Zhu lei er

Yu is no less than CLH in this aspect.

thanks athena for quick update.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

since there still might be more girls... I'd just say polygon

At this rate, Yu will beat Chu in girls for sure.. So Yu asked Lei'er to call him "brother"..... I smell romance in the making

Thumbs up Thks!

Hiya gys,
    Thx Athena for another update. Wonder if Granny Hu resurrects later on ... that woman is just too sly. I'm glad this cliffhanger is not as abrupt, so I can patiently wait for your next update. See ya at Granny's!
    -
    -
    To All:
    Is it Valentine's Day already? Personally, I didnt see any romance yet ... [shrugs]-
    -
    I'll start using this commenting style because it's cleaner. Just treat the QUOTE windows as subwindows.
    -
    -
    To Athena:
    OwlQuote: The young man was able to gain the upperhand and block/attack first before Yu Peiyu could add those variations into his techniques. [...] because he see/anticipate the changes of his adversaries.
    Dang, so Yu Peiyu regressed when he was tired ... [ie. He didnt concentrate on using "sword intention" which I thought he should be proficient at this point, because that's what Yu Peiyu practiced with Master Nu and Nu is faster than that chap, right?][Then again, the other chap uses "sword intention" + strategy and Yu Peiyu is tired ... I see thx]
    -
    -
    To TigerWong:
    Welcome back! Been awhile since I seen you post and thx for your comments.
    -
    -
    Comments:
    1. Granny Hu died before Celestial Wolf could chat with her. [Medusa magic ]
    --- quote: The young man walked to the carriage, there was no sound in the carriage. Has granny Hu fainted of fear of this young man? [I think so] Who is he that could strike fear in the heart of granny Hu?

--- Granny Hu wrote: First there is the constellation eating the day, now there is a celestial wolf. The world is a big place, but I cannot hide anywhere. Only death is my salvation,
    2. Celestial Wolf characteristics:
    --- Hai Dongqing said coldly:"The wolf [his title] is the most agile animal and the eagle is the most magnificen bird [his real name]."

--- "sword intention" + strategy

--- Zhu Lei'Er looked at him and said: "[...] you're dark and skinny."

--- he only answers and replies what's necessary. Zhu Lei'Er pouted and asked:"Who is her husband anyway?" Hai Dongqing said:"You will know when you see him."

--- loyalty. Dongqing replied:"This horse is my friend, I don't mind doing a bit extra work for my friend."
    3. Zhu Lei'Er turns on her charm on Celestial Wolf and succeeds [as always]. Now if Celestial Wolf only touches Zhu Lei'Er, we can find out if he is really poison resistant as he claims [11 Granny Hu's cannot poison him]
    quote: However Hai Dongqing was cold and not very talkative but he seemed to be very talkative around this young girl, even he himself couldn't understand why. However somehow in his heart he just wanted to protect this sweet and beautiful young girl.
    -
    -
    -
    Interesting Lines:
    1. The young man said:"You don't believe me. If granny Hu doesn't give you the antidote, I will give you my head." [His head magically is still there ...]
    -
    2. The young man turned to Zhu Lei'Er said:"Is she [Granny Hu who just died ] really the only one who can cure you?"
    -
    3. Hai Dongqing said:"She [Granny Hu] only has a mother and a husband, the rest of her family.... [died I think]"
    -
    4. Zhu Lei'Er [...] asked:"What is that advantage of yours?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"I won't debate with young girls."
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-28-03 at 03:02 PM.

Default Re: Thks!

Originally posted by Anonymous
    -
    Dang, so Yu Peiyu regressed when he was tired ... [ie. He didnt concentrate on using "sword intention" which I thought he should be proficient at this point, because that's what Yu Peiyu practiced with Master Nu and Nu is faster than that chap, right?][Then again, the other chap uses "sword intention" + strategy and Yu Peiyu is tired ... I see thx]
    Well, inner power acquired through draining is temporary and he was also tired. And even if he can generate moves based on intention without being restrained by formal techniques doesn't mean he can't be blocked.

What makes you think the Celestial Wolf isn't as fast as Master Nu? (Although it's clear Master Nu has the power advantage) And even if he isn't, maybe his moves are just more effective. But the main reason is probably cause Yu isn't as strong as he was during the fight with Master Nu.

Why do you believe that Hai DongQing would know any kind of sword intention?

Cool

does this mean that Yu's power training was more Yang focus although his palm and fist technique of his school seemed soft and indicated toward yin?

Cool Replies

Hiya gys,
    Replies for now.
    -
    -
    TigerQuote: Why do you believe that Hai DongQing would know any kind of sword intention?
    --- Actually I made a mistake of making "anticipation" = "sword intention." Logical fallacy by assuming one case [anticipationugu9Swords_3rd_stance:Knife-breaking_stance] as a general case [sword intention : ultimate goal of Dugu9Swords]. Thx Tiger.
    --- However, if Wolf didnt use "sword intention" then Yu Peiyu can do the same thing to the Wolf. [ie. Yu Peiyu can also anticipate him][shrugs]

TigerQuote: Well, inner power acquired through draining is temporary
    --- Bummer. I expected something like Bei Ming Shen Gong where it is permanent.

Goofy_Quote: does this mean that Yu's power training was more Yang focus although his palm and fist technique of his school seemed soft and indicated toward yin?
    --- I think it is both. Remember how he switched his Yang/Yin circulation to achieve the reversal of a weapon direction [his fight with Guo Pianxian][Xiao Feng like]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-29-03 at 03:45 PM.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Is DH falling for ZLE? What'll happen when the crew reach Granny's house? Until next time, on TSATE!

Thanks, Athena .
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

hi athena,

just want to tell u this story is dragging me crazy, so exciting, full of intrigues... and a lot of mistery too... COOL!!! Even more interesting than XLFD.
    Thanks for your fast update!! Keep up the good work..
    I spent the last 3 days at the office reading your translation, uh.. my manager will kill me if he knows.. but I couldn't stand it... I'm so curious.

I'd laugh if he's a fan of these stories too
    He wouldn't know whether to be happy to find a worker with same interest or pissed you wasting work time

Originally posted by Goofy
    does this mean that Yu's power training was more Yang focus although his palm and fist technique of his school seemed soft and indicated toward yin?
    Why do you make this statement? Doesn't XianTian WuJi's martial arts resembles TaiJi hence a more Yin nature?

Cool

Han Solo,
    I thought that Yu's energy was yin inclined too, but the fact that his energy receded reminded me of the yang energy generating.

I am not expert here but merely wanted to raise a question on Yu's based energy.

isn't true that with yin based energy like GJ's 9 yin, the user would give more saved-energy display.

just thought this would interest some people

the theme of taiwans old Mingjian Fengliu series http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/mytv/ss418.wma

and a pic of Chen Lili as Hong Lianhua (also sings the song)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ho1680.uhome.net/photo/ps41801.jpg')
    抬 望 眼 风 霜 岁 月
    仗 剑 停 马 问
    谁 在 心 中 刻 上 血 痕
    更 令 我 终 偿 爱 恨

挥 出 一 片 心
    交 出 一 个 孤 身
    决 战 世 上 人 类 恶 运
    完 全 无 惧 意,心 有 冲 天 志
    振 臂 我 跃 起 上 阵

啊——— 啊———
    斜 阳 里 跨 开 箭 步 冲 锋 上 路
    我 为 你 傲 然 上 阵
    我 为 你 傲 然 上 阵

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Thanks everyone again for reading and providing good and insightful comments.

Chapter 26 Looking At Flowers From A Balcony

Zhu Lei'Er was furious by his remarks, this man was belittling her in front of Yu Peiyu.
    She hated when someone would belittle her in front of Yu Peiyu, but she didn't know what to say to him.
    Yu Peiyu hoped that they would continue to talk, he hoped that Hai Dongqing could make Zhu Lei'Er forget about her tragedy. Furthermore he hoped Zhu Lei'Er forgot about himself.
    Yu Peiyu also noticed that this proud and arrogant Hai Dongqing had a wonderful charisma.
    He hoped that those two would get together when Zhu Lei'Er was cured again.
    He knew that Hai Dongqing was a reliable man.
    After travelling for a few hours they reached a wall, Hai Dongqing asked them:"Can you leap over this wall?"
    Yu Peiyu said:"Over this wall?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"Granny Hu lives here in this city, you would expect her to hide in a remote place."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"I can leap over here with no problem, but your four-legged friend cannot."
    Hai Dongqing said:"If you can do it, my friend can do it too."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"I would like to see that."
    She turned to Yu Peiyu and said gently:"I'm feeling a bit woozy, could you hold me hand please."
    The truth was she wasn't feeling woozy, she was afraid Yu Peiyu was still too exhausted and may not make the leap.
    Yu Peiyu patted her hand and said gently:"Everyone thinks you're a naughty and playfull young girl, but in fact you're really gentle and kind girl."
    Zhu Lei'Er blushed, and she felt warm and touched inside. But Yu Peiyu meant those words for Hai Dongqing to hear.
    Hai Dongqing had passed over the wall with granny Hu's body without effort.
    Zhu Lei'Er laughed coldly:"Look at his arrogant behaviour, he just learnt some martial arts and can't wait to display his skills to everyone."
    Yu Peiyu smiled:"It is not surprising that he's a bit arrogant, young men should feel proud for their superior martial arts."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"But you're very young too and your martial arts are very good. But you're not arrogant."
    Yu Peiyu said:"Because I'm not as good as brother Hai."
    Zhu Lei'Er said sincerely and gently:"In my opinion one Yu Peiyu is better than ten Hai Dongqings."
    She didn't give him the chance to answer and they both leapt over the wall.
    Because this was an era of peace, China is prospering now. The soldiers are very lazy now and didn't pay any attention to their duties. The four of them could easily escape their notice.
    Zhu Lei'Er asked Hai Dongqing:"Well, how will your horse leap over the wall."
    Hai Dongqing smiled:"Since when have you heard that horses can learn the art of levitation."
    Zhu Lei'Er was stunned and said:"You said your horse could do it."
    Hai Dongqing said:"I was just telling a joke to a young girl."
    Zhu Lei'Er was very angry and couldn't retort, if she did she would become a petty girl again.
    Hai Dongqing was really getting on her nerves.
    It was late in the evening, the streets were deserted. After a few streets, they heard some loud noises.
    They saw some drunken men leaving a brothel, some fancy-dressed young women were smiling and talking to rich men. And the servants of the brothel were smiling respectfully to the customers.
    Some of those conversations were quite lecherous and disgusting.

Zhu Lei'Er had never seen this before and didn't know what they were doing. So she asked:"What are these people doing here?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"This is the world's oldest profession."
    Zhu Lei'Er was still confused and wanted to ask more. In awhile she understood what he meant and pouted:"Why do you take us to this place?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"This is the place we are looking for."
    Yu Peiyu was shocked:"This is where granny Hu lives?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"Unbelievable isn't it?"
    Yu Peiyu smiled wryly:"Of course, this is the last place where her enemies will
    look for her. She opened a brothel to fool her enemies, what a cunning woman."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Also when people enter a brothel and see the courtesans they will relax and won't be that vigilant. That's how granny Hu gain her information on Wulin."
    Zhu Lei'Er scoffed:"You know a lot about this place, you must be a regular."
    Hai Dongqing said calmly:"You're right, there are a least seven, eight courtesans who I regularly visit."
    Zhu Lei'Er pouted, Yu Peiyu asked:"Brother Hai, how did you find out that this is granny Hu's home?"
    They walked ahead and saw the characters Apricot Pavillion.
    Two men dressed in servant's clothes were attending the front door, suddenly a forty year old man who looked very handsome and distinguished came out.
    It is strange that such a character would be a pimp in this place, when a servant saw Hai Dongqing he said:"Young master Hai, you haven't been here for months. Let me tell the Miss Xiangxiang that you're here."
    Another servant said:"It is a good thing that Miss Xiangxiang hasn't slept yet."
    Hai Dongqing ignored them, and walked to that handsome man said coldly:"You're the proprietor of this place."
    The man smiled:"Yes, indeed. Have we met before?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"No, because most people who come here are for the courtesans. They're not here for mere servants."
    That man still smiled, but he knew something was amiss.
    He wanted to turn around and leave, Hai Dongqing yelled:"Stand still!"
    The man said:"I'm just about to call Miss Xiangxiang."
    Hai Dongqing said:"I'm here to see you."
    The man was surprised and said:"Me?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"I know who you are."
    The man said with an enforced smile:"Did one of our girls offend you, sir?"
    The man said:"Who was it, Xiangxiang? Xiaoxiao?"
    Hai Dongqing kept shaking his head and said:"No, a granny. Namely granny Hu."
    The man's face changed but laughed:"You must be joking, sir."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Don't harass this man! Tell granny Hu's husband to come out."
    Hai Dongqing asked:"Do you know who this is?"
    Zhu Lei'Er said with shock:"He is the husband of granny Hu."

The husband of that old crone is this handsome middle-age man.
    Hai Dongqing continued:"Do you know why he is hiding here and doesn't want to see anyone?"
    Zhu Lei'Er shook his head:"I don't know."
    Hai Dongqing said:"Because he used to be a famous orthodox martial artist. If his family and friends would know he is a pimp here. (*Humph)."
    Zhu Lei'Er was curious now and asked:"Who is he? How famous was he?"
    Hai Dongqing said:"He's rather famous, he used to be the young master of The Myriad Wood Manor on Mount Huang. The famous Flower Swordsman Xu Ruoyu."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"Nice name! However it is a shame that his wife is the hideous granny Hu."
    Hai Dongqing said:"You know that young women sometimes marry old men about thrice their age. This is a similar case."
    Zhu Lei'Er said:"That is different."
    Last edited by Athena; 08-01-03 at 01:08 PM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Originally posted by tungfuurue
    just thought this would interest some people

the theme of taiwans old Mingjian Fengliu series http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/mytv/ss418.wma

and a pic of Chen Lili as Hong Lianhua (also sings the song)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ho1680.uhome.net/photo/ps41801.jpg')
    Hong Lianhua is a woman???
    No longer walking amongst the living...