Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Republican party (US)

Default Fall of the Republican party (US)

In 1861, there was Lincoln, the most loved US president of all time (see Historical Ranking of Presidents).

In 2001, there was Bush.

[.....]

[speechless]

[.....]

[head shaking]

[.....]

How did this party reach this low point?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In 1861, there was Lincoln, the most loved US president of all time (see Historical Ranking of Presidents).

In 2001, there was Bush.

[.....]

[speechless]

[.....]

[head shaking]

[.....]

How did this party reach this low point?
    The strange paradox is that they might be unpopular, but somehow, they're gaining seats in Congress. Just today, a Republican took Edward Kennedy's old Senate seat, which the Democrats had held for decades.

This is not an isolated incident. Scarcely a year after the Democrats' supposed big triumph, the Republicans are taking back a lot of ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The strange paradox is that they might be unpopular, but somehow, they're gaining seats in Congress. Just today, a Republican took Edward Kennedy's old Senate seat, which the Democrats had held for decades.

This is not an isolated incident. Scarcely a year after the Democrats' supposed big triumph, the Republicans are taking back a lot of ground.
    Hopefully that senate seat will able to kill Obama's health reform bill.

Americans always amaze me with its eternal damning conservatism.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

It’s mostly the south to blame. Obviously there are many reasonable and intelligent people in the south too, but there are just more people on the other side down there. (the southern folks I have to talk to on my job are incredible)

Democrats should be blamed to for their incompetence and the lack of ability to appeal to idiots. I mean, look at Sarah Palin, how the hell is she a legitimate politician? Yet she is damn popular as a presidential candidate among the far right. Basically, idiots want “folksy” and the “everyman” or “everywoman” in charge. Wouldn’t you want somebody smart and rational on the job?

Republicans are good at one thing. They are good at appealing to emotion (e.g. lying the health care reform will give illegal immigrants healthcare, it will kill grandmothers, etc.). Democrats, quite stupidly, try to appeal to voters’ intellect with truth and reason, more often. In the game of politics, the truth doesn’t matter, you just want the votes.

It’s not surprising that most academic people are Democrats. Smarter people go for ideas of equality, but at the same time, they aren’t as good at appealing to the masses. (Are nerds popular? It’s the jocks and goofballs who are more popular)
    Last edited by jiang bao; 01-20-10 at 03:38 PM.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

More than before, I see that the future belongs to China, and the US will likely decline from now on. The ignorance of the US general population will only help ensure its decline by hindering capable leaders and their directions.

The leadership pipeline in China has been getting more and more robust, while the US has... Sarah Palin, among other mediocrities.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-20-10 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    It’s mostly the south to blame. Obviously there are many reasonable and intelligent people in the south too, but there are just more people on the other side down there. (the southern folks I have to talk to on my job are incredible)

Democrats should be blamed to for their incompetence and the lack of ability to appeal to idiots. I mean, look at Sarah Palin, how the hell is she a legitimate politician? Yet she is damn popular as a presidential candidate among the far right. Basically, idiots want “folksy” and the “everyman” or “everywoman” in charge. Wouldn’t you want somebody smart and rational on the job?
    I am not surprise that this is coming from a typical liberal. It's always other people fault if they fail to get what they want.

More than before, I see that the future belongs to China, and the US will likely decline from now on. The ignorance of the US general population will only help ensure its decline by hindering capable leaders and their directions.

The leadership pipeline in China has been getting more and more robust, while the US has... Sarah Palin, among other mediocrities.
    Are you sure about this? China is growing rapidly in the short term, but if you look at the big picture it doesn't look good. Environmental problems will bring china down.

More than before, I see that the future belongs to China.
    Cultural pride aside, this is a worrisome prospect.

China is beginning to tighten credit too so they don't have the real estate bubble that brought the USA down.

China has weapons and more economic power, but the majority of it's citizens are still poor farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I am not surprise that this is coming from a typical liberal. It's always other people fault if they fail to get what they want.

Are you sure about this? China is growing rapidly in the short term, but if you look at the big picture it doesn't look good. Environmental problems will bring china down.
    LOL. Can you for once read the whole damn message instead of highlighting one sentence and then responding to it with a non-sense reply that completely misses the core of the original message? Have you been awake in the last decade? Have you paid attention to voting patterns? Do you understand what electoral votes and what states are?

Is your brain not sophisticated enough to respond to an entire argument? I have never seen you shown any ability to digest someone’s argument and then respond with a good counter-argument. It’s always highlighting one sentence and doing the typical TC off-the-mark reply.

So glad you are a conservative.

Yep typical TC response. Highlight one sentence of a post, replying to it with a irrelevant post, that ignores the whole jist of the debate.

If anything, his reply only strengthens JB's arguement.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

I actually worry if the future does belong to China....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Yeah, the growing importance of China was one of the big reasons I worried about natural resource shortage in another debate.

Folks seemed content that technology will save us. Not sure exactly how though. Magically, perhaps.

We in trouble.

Oh yeah, because it's a fair comparison between Roosevelt, Truman and Obama.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

jiang bao, if I see one more personal attack a la "your brain is not sophisticated", I will hand out a one month ban, minimum. Another offense after that, and you will be looking at a half-year ban. This is getting beyond stupid. It has been repeatedly stated that making personal attacks on others is NOT OKAY. You may wholly disagree with TC, and he might be unpopular, but that is not an excuse to launch personal attacks.

If there's someone on the forum whom you can't stand, block them. If you want to have a dialogue with them, you will have a non-insulting one.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 01-20-10 at 08:29 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Cultural pride speaking, it's about time China bounced back from 100 years of hell.

Objectively speaking, there are probably as many detractors in Chinese politics as there are in American politics. By that I mean people who want to steer the country in a misguided direction. The difference is that detractors in China are mostly greedy politicians who have ties to the booming economy, so they advocate economic growth at the expense of social equality. On the other hand, detractors in America care more about "God" than the well-being and equality of their people, and that sad thing is, they give "God" and its religion a bad image.

If by "God" you mean "money" then yes.

And just to think, while the US had to put up with Bush, China had to tolerate Jiang Zeming for a good 13 years, who was fairly incompetent by all means. Thankfully, Jiang wasn't as radical as Bush, and he definitely had better supporting staff than Bush that helped run and grow China, and that is why the whole time China was on the rise and the US was... not.

Here's a question, if Lincoln could see his party today, would he vomit blood?

He'd just be happy he accomplished his goal.

It is because of him that us Americans refer to our country as THE Union instead of A Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    jiang bao, if I see one more personal attack a la "your brain is not sophisticated", I will hand out a one month ban, minimum. Another offense after that, and you will be looking at a half-year ban. This is getting beyond stupid. It has been repeatedly stated that making personal attacks on others is NOT OKAY. You may wholly disagree with TC, and he might be unpopular, but that is not an excuse to launch personal attacks.

If there's someone on the forum whom you can't stand, block them. If you want to have a dialogue with them, you will have a non-insulting one.
    Fine. I am out. I ban myself forever from here.

No point in posting here anymore.

Take care all. I'll be at asianfanatics occasionally. Say hello if you see me there.