Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Mit Jeut See Tai Glorification Thread

Yes, it was vague. I can't remember the exact wording in the third edition, but I don't think the novel explained how Murong Bo justified his false accusation. I would, however, assume that the novel simply omitted the detail (it was only mentioned briefly, as 'ancient history'), so we just don't know the circumstances. One would think it's inconceivable wulin wouldn't have taken serious convincing to risk losing lives and causing a major political disaster.
    MRB convinced XZ's dad with words, can't recall the justification used. XZ's dad believed him because MRB was a friend and was respected. The rest of wulin trusted the dad, and the rest is history

This and the MRF case makes me look at wulin as a mass of mindless zombies with just a few brains between them.

That's Jinyongian plotting for you. Not his strong point. At least, in this respect, TLBB isn't as bad as the 'Trilogy' novels!
    Which is why TLBB is my favourite of JY's books and I cannot stand SPW and ROCH. I prefer GL who generally have better plots and schemes.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

never liked her, but she had a personality
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

What counts as sufficient proof?

Bu Hui is clearly innocent. Her only connection to being evil is being born to YX.

XF - If you are a bystander, what more proof do you need to say XF was behind these murders? With his ability, it's hard to imagine he will leave any evidence/witnesses. We already have eye witness proof. And he happened to be at the location of where many murders occurred, and he has a cause to commit the murders.

MRF - If only two people can perform the move that caused the murder, one being the victim the other being MRF (the only alive member of MR family known), would MRF not be the assumed suspect? How are you going find more proof for that? Would XF not look suspicious defending him, given they are both not Han?

A comparison can be made between those responsible for XYS's family's demise and MJST. Anyone can be fooled into commiting wrong, as in the case of Xuan Ci and Clan leader Wang. What made them different is that they did not chuck XF down the cliff after XYS killed half his friends. MJST however was adamant in killing an equally harmless BuHui as vengence against Yang Xiao. That's just plain evil, hidden in the veil of self righteousness.

Yes sure MJST only wanted to have Bu Hui killed because of her relationship with Yang Xiao. But that merely differentiates her from psychopath killers who pick random targets, not whether it was a despicable/reasonable act or not.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

What counts as sufficient proof?

Bu Hui is clearly innocent. Her only connection to being evil is being born to YX.
    Is that not proof in itself? She is the daughter of the Great Demon, a product of rape. Bah, I will even throw in witchcraft if you like, how else does a person from the Yuan dynasty describe Stockholm's syndrome? To recap, I am not arguing that Buhui is guilty or innocent, I am merely arguing MJ's perception, and to her, she is guilty.

XF - If you are a bystander, what more proof do you need to say XF was behind these murders? With his ability, it's hard to imagine he will leave any evidence/witnesses. We already have eye witness proof. And he happened to be at the location of where many murders occurred, and he has a cause to commit the murders.
    What, what eyewitness proof? Which one are you talking about? Him being thrown out of Beggar's Inc. or killing the oldies involved in the attack? For the first, there was none, for the second, yup, there was eyewitness. Hell, his own master identified him as the killer.

MRF - If only two people can perform the move that caused the murder, one being the victim the other being MRF (the only alive member of MR family known), would MRF not be the assumed suspect? How are you going find more proof for that? Would XF not look suspicious defending him, given they are both not Han?
    Like I pointed out earlier, there was no motive nor witness. And to rebut your particular argument, they were not the only ones who can perform the skills. MRF was pointed out purely because it was his trademark. The strongest case was the monk in Dali (again pointed out earlier), and that was because MRF was the only one who had the supposed strength to do so (I seriously doubt MRF had the skill or strength to do so, but that's for another day and thread). A lot of people knew that particular skill in Shaolin, just that they don't think anyone of these could have surpassed the dead monk and killed him with it.

A comparison can be made between those responsible for XYS's family's demise and MJST. Anyone can be fooled into commiting wrong, as in the case of Xuan Ci and Clan leader Wang. What made them different is that they did not chuck XF down the cliff after XYS killed half his friends. MJST however was adamant in killing an equally harmless BuHui as vengence against Yang Xiao. That's just plain evil, hidden in the veil of self righteousness.
    XYS had just decimated the attack force, with those that were still alive badly injured. He could have easily walked off with his kid and/or killed the remaining fools but did not do so. One would imagine that such an incident would cause those remaining to rethink their objectives and reason. They had, after all, just experienced total loss.

If you want to draw a comparison, I would prefer the witch trials of bygone years, with Buhui as an accused witch and MJ as accuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

One final irony, perhaps, is that innocent little Yeung But Fui later had some murderous intents herself towards (an apparently helpless) Siu Chiu at Gwong Ming Peak.

The point of which is not to compare Yeung But Fui to Mit Jeut See Tai (it's not much of a comparison), but to demonstrate that in wulin, murderous intent is not uncommon even in good people. That was how the game was played.