Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we want to talk more about Gu Long at this forum, then we need to try harder...

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    I agree, I don't think Gu Long meant that absolutely. If that were the case, any random soldier fighting for righteousness could take down "Universe Reverser" Xiaoyao Hou.
    Good to have some consensus on this.

Still, that line may actually be true for Li: that he cannot be defeated - if he is Gu Long's #1 fighter, that is. There are indeed some who are convinced he is or is near. Another evidence they use is in Full Moon Curved Sabre, Ding Peng said Xie Xiaofeng did not dare to oppose/challenge Li's disciples, both glorifying the awesome reputation of Li's lineage AND implying even Li's disciples >= Xie Xiaofeng.

By the way, that description (in FMCS) made Li seem like an organized crime boss; hearing his name makes one tremble and no one dares challenge his descendants.

One interesting note I found while perusing Chu Liuxiang for examples, it turns out the famous pirate was also powered by righteousness... Whereas we are told 2nd hand about Li's righteousness, Chu Liuxiang actually states HIMSELF that because he has never committed evil, that he is confident that he will never lose!
    That does make sense: Chu Liuxiang was written after Little Li, and perhaps by then Gu Long had further developed his Confidence-Righteousness Card.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Good to have some consensus on this.

Still, that line may actually be true for Li: that he cannot be defeated - if he is Gu Long's #1 fighter, that is. There are indeed some who are convinced he is or is near.
    His invincibility is only full powered when he's dealing with evil. If we pit him against another one of Gu Long's perfect heroes such as Shen Lang or Chu Liuxiang, I doubt his superiority would be 100% guaranteed. In those cases, I think it'd boil down to actual martial arts proficiency, wits and cunning in which case I don't believe Li holds that much of an advantage over his peers.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”