Thread: Mass Effect 2

Default Mass Effect 2

Anyone got it? If you're interested in rpg's or shooters at all, get it. It's friggin' great.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

just started it, its pretty intense...

btw ren get back to editing translations already

Playing as a sentinel, and just got the justicar.

What classes are people playing?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

just finished with soldier...i really enjoyed it...i amslowly starting on adept...but maybe in a little while though

Did you max paragon? Is it me or is maximizing paragon rather difficult? I'm just at the point with one loyalty mission left(Jack's) and the Reaper IFF, and my paragon score is not even 90 -that's with the paragon/renegade 100% bonus from the class feature. Without that it would only be 40-45.

Now I've performed a couple of renegade actions but my renegade score is only 20 (or 10 without the bonus).
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Did you max paragon? Is it me or is maximizing paragon rather difficult? I'm just at the point with one loyalty mission left(Jack's) and the Reaper IFF, and my paragon score is not even 90 -that's with the paragon/renegade 100% bonus from the class feature. Without that it would only be 40-45.

Now I've performed a couple of renegade actions but my renegade score is only 20 (or 10 without the bonus).
    no i didn't, i tried but sometimes doing te right thing might be a renegade action and i missed some points there, i had one death and its cos i wasn't successful in his/her loyalty mission, but after the story mode i went back and finished all missions and am exploring every planet when i m bored to death(as if scanner mode wasn't painfully boring itself)

Quote Originally Posted by yongbifan View Post
    no i didn't, i tried but sometimes doing te right thing might be a renegade action and i missed some points there, i had one death and its cos i wasn't successful in his/her loyalty mission, but after the story mode i went back and finished all missions and am exploring every planet when i m bored to death(as if scanner mode wasn't painfully boring itself)
    Yeah, the scanning is tiresome. With 300,000 units of everything except for element zero it's becoming quite a chore, and a waste to explore planets. While I've realized that all of those resources are probably going to be useless I just can't pass up rich planets. Resources carry over to the game+ right? Can you change class in game+?

I've finally maxed paragon (with the +100% boost included) prior to the last loyalty mission -now I just need to finish Legion's loyalty mission before going through the Omega 4 relay. I was planning to finish it last weekend but ended up finishing Ghostbusters instead, and then came down with a case of food poisoning.

-KotOR

Sorry, resources do NOT carry over to New Game+. You do get a 50,000 automatic bonus to all resources on a New Game+, but the actual resources do not carry over.

Class changes are not possible in New Game+ either.

Quote Originally Posted by maxcreigs View Post
    I am a good 30+ hours into ME1 and cant wait to get the second one, but i was a bit dissapointed to read they took the MAKO out, i quite enjoy launching off mountains in it.

Have they changed the way you collect stuff in ME2?
    The only thing that gets on my tits is having to open my inventory every time i have been in a weapons locker or container to compare stats on weapons. Theres a ton of different guns, each gun has its own level, but sometimes a level V rifle might be more powerful than a level VII rifle made by a different manufacturer.
    I can live with it, but a stats comparison window like you get in the inventory/shop would be nice.
    In ME2, resource gathering involves flying to planets, and scanning them from orbit by dragging a targeting reticule around the planet surface, and watching a heatmap/graph with audio cues for spikes. When you find an area with a spike (representing the detection of certain resource(s) you fire a probe that gathers the resources for you.) On occasion you find an anomaly on the planet, and can land to investigate as a short mission of sorts.

There are 6 weapon types in ME2 (pistol, smg, assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rife and heavy weapons). There's around 2-5 distinct weapons for each type for a total of about 15. Weapon types have upgrades like increase ammo and damage but nothing really special. Oh, no real stats for weapons outside of a description that I could find. This is especially cryptic for heavy weapons which are "strong vs. everything".

-KotOR

In ME2, resource gathering involves flying to planets, and scanning them from orbit by dragging a targeting reticule around the planet surface, and watching a heatmap/graph with audio cues for spikes. When you find an area with a spike (representing the detection of certain resource(s) you fire a probe that gathers the resources for you.) On occasion you find an anomaly on the planet, and can land to investigate as a short mission of sorts.

There are 6 weapon types in ME2 (pistol, smg, assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rife and heavy weapons). There's around 2-5 distinct weapons for each type for a total of about 15. Weapon types have upgrades like increase ammo and damage but nothing really special. Oh, no real stats for weapons outside of a description that I could find. This is especially cryptic for heavy weapons which are "strong vs. everything".
    ya they took out the KOTOR style weapons system from ME1 and fixed it to just pure technological and racial(different species based) upgrades..lots of fun moements and what i especially loved was using different combinations of teams...
    "The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
    -Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Sorry, resources do NOT carry over to New Game+. You do get a 50,000 automatic bonus to all resources on a New Game+, but the actual resources do not carry over.

Class changes are not possible in New Game+ either.
    That's disappointing. Additional weapons carry over right? I picked sniper rifle on the Collector ship as a sentinel so in game+ I would have the sniper rifle from the start right?

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't buy or sell resources? I was expecting some Starflight (the old PC space exploration game where the skill of your communications offer determined what percentage of alien dialog was readable, and you could trade resources or tranq native lifeforms for sale) kind of interaction.

-KotOR

That's disappointing. Additional weapons carry over right? I picked sniper rifle on the Collector ship as a sentinel so in game+ I would have the sniper rifle from the start right?

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact you can't buy or sell resources? I was expecting some Starflight (the old PC space exploration game where the skill of your communications offer determined what percentage of alien dialog was readable, and you could trade resources or tranq native lifeforms for sale) kind of interaction.
    All weapons are carried over, yes, including researched weapons. All other research is not though. You don't have immediate access at the prologue stage, but you get the weapons etc. back during the first or second mission.

i got the collector heavy weapon..can we get only one?...it was the best heavy weapona dn really effective...as a soldier weapons are crucial and this played out well..i do want to try out that collector sniper rifle...

i got the collector heavy weapon..can we get only one?...it was the best heavy weapona dn really effective...as a soldier weapons are crucial and this played out well..i do want to try out that collector sniper rifle...
    I just finished ME2 yesterday. The end was rather easy even on hardcore. Some of the recruiting missions were much more difficult IMO.

When you say "collector heavy weapon" you mean the beam weapon? I actually didn't find that weapon very useful. It's all about Cain (the nuke launcher) for me -although firing the thing is confusing at times since it needs to charge up, and I can only get one shot with it despite having some remaining ammo.

The Widow Sniper rifle is Geth right? It's one of Legion's prototypes kind of like how the Claymore is one of Grunt's. Yeah if I play game+ I'm conflicted between picking assault rifle or picking sniper rifle again to get the Widow. Towards the end of the game I was pretty low on sniper ammo, and SMG and pistol were not cutting it. Do you know what the ammo usage is like on the Widow? I have 45 shots with the Viper.

-KotOR

I just finished ME2 yesterday. The end was rather easy even on hardcore. Some of the recruiting missions were much more difficult IMO.

When you say "collector heavy weapon" you mean the beam weapon? I actually didn't find that weapon very useful. It's all about Cain (the nuke launcher) for me -although firing the thing is confusing at times since it needs to charge up, and I can only get one shot with it despite having some remaining ammo.

The Widow Sniper rifle is Geth right? It's one of Legion's prototypes kind of like how the Claymore is one of Grunt's. Yeah if I play game+ I'm conflicted between picking assault rifle or picking sniper rifle again to get the Widow. Towards the end of the game I was pretty low on sniper ammo, and SMG and pistol were not cutting it. Do you know what the ammo usage is like on the Widow? I have 45 shots with the Viper.
    ME2 wiki indicates 12 shots or something.

ME2 wiki indicates 12 shots or something.
    hmm... that's rather low. I hope they're one shot kills if you only have 12 rounds. My interest in ME2 is waning. I'm going to play the ending again, save half the crew and destroy the base this time but that's probably the end.

On another note I bought "Running over hookers for fun and profit IV" for PC, and after installing two invasive apps, creating two online accounts and upgrading to WinXP sp3 I was finally able to launch it. I hope it'll be worth it. I only paid $7 for it since I had a $10 discount from buying ME2 from Amazon but I probably sunk 4-5 hours between all the registration, downloads, updates, system scans and reboots.

-KotOR

me as well, i am back to football manager and fifa manager(call me crazy but i play both)...so wish that bioware make a jade empire 2 but cant see it happening..guess fallout 3 las vegas is the best i can hope for

me as well, i am back to football manager and fifa manager(call me crazy but i play both)...so wish that bioware make a jade empire 2 but cant see it happening..guess fallout 3 las vegas is the best i can hope for
    I've never played sports games before -they look pretty impressive graphic-wise.

Yes, Jade Empire was a pretty nice game -my wife actually played that one to completion as closed fist.

If you haven't tried Witcher Enhanced (PC) I would definitely do so. It's more linear than Oblivion and Fallout 3 but less than Jade Empire. I would probably say it's like Gothic where you can free roam until chapter changes.

btw: With respect to ME2 did you decide to keep the Collector base or destroy it? I've played out both versions but still can't decide which was a better choice.

-KotOR

I've never played sports games before -they look pretty impressive graphic-wise.

Yes, Jade Empire was a pretty nice game -my wife actually played that one to completion as closed fist.

If you haven't tried Witcher Enhanced (PC) I would definitely do so. It's more linear than Oblivion and Fallout 3 but less than Jade Empire. I would probably say it's like Gothic where you can free roam until chapter changes.

btw: With respect to ME2 did you decide to keep the Collector base or destroy it? I've played out both versions but still can't decide which was a better choice.
    i only finished ME2 once(i took the time and did everything) but i guess the collector base decision will be based on when ME3 comes out, yes i have played witcher which btw is an awesome game

i just saw ur sig and i am a little inclined to play KOTOR and KOTOR 2 again..i still have my old xbox games with me...

i only finished ME2 once(i took the time and did everything) but i guess the collector base decision will be based on when ME3 comes out, yes i have played witcher which btw is an awesome game

i just saw ur sig and i am a little inclined to play KOTOR and KOTOR 2 again..i still have my old xbox games with me...
    I was just considering changing it to a Ghostbusters quote.

Ivo Shandor: I am a God!
    Dr. Egon Spengler: We eat Gods for breakfast!
    Dr. Raymond Stantz: We eat gods for breakfast?
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Too much you think?
    Dr. Raymond Stantz: No, no! I like it!

How was KOTOR2 -I have it but never played it.

Have you tried Vampire: The Masquerade (the PC game not the PnP RPG or LARP). I thought that was pretty nice as well.

-KotOR