Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confession Time: do you have an evil, mean, cruel side to you?

Default Confession Time: do you have an evil, mean, cruel side to you?

...because nobody is perfect, after all.

As for me...well, yeah. I couldn't hide that from anybody here anymore if I wanted to. You all have seen *plenty* of my evil, cruel, mean side during the past year or two. It's not my only side...hopefully not my *definitive* side, but I'd be an absolute liar if I told you I didn't.

How about you guys?

are u asking us to describe our "mean" side or just admitting whether we have one or not? I guess u meant the former since u alrdy answered the 2nd one yes, im mean im super nice, just don't get on my bad side. like I said, im extremely loyal to you if I consider you as a friend and I expect the same, I guess. do me wrong and I'd make sure you're living through hell for a couple days..weeks..or months its not something to be proud of though, I kinda feel bad for some ppl in grade/high school. oh well. not my fault I was liked by the majority
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Being a good friend and expecting that back will only lead to heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Being a good friend and expecting that back will only lead to heartache.
    only if you expect too much. I'd say im a very reasonable person and there are circumstances where I understand if they choose their s.o over you, or they can't stick to some things they say, etc. it's only a matter of boundaries and once they REALLY cross the line, then I'd be upset. I have a couple of ppl who I call my truest, bestestest friends but even so, I don't expect them to put me as their top priority at *all* times 'cause then I'd be a hypocrite.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You all have seen *plenty* of my evil, cruel, mean side during the past year or two.
    I would describe it more as stubborn and lazy. In such a case you're cruel only to yourself.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

...because nobody is perfect, after all.

As for me...well, yeah. I couldn't hide that from anybody here anymore if I wanted to. You all have seen *plenty* of my evil, cruel, mean side during the past year or two. It's not my only side...hopefully not my *definitive* side, but I'd be an absolute liar if I told you I didn't.

How about you guys?
    Yeah, i have an evil bad side to me. It only comes out when i'm hanging with a certain crowd. I wouldn't classify you as having an evil side, Ken. Your evil side isn't really that noticeable so don't feel too bad about it.

yes, i do have a "mean" side. at times i hope that friends/people whom i perceives to be better (e.g. more successful, richer, fitter) fail.

I used to be mean. Then I grew up.

It works like this: there are times when I read a newspaper article about how Kim Jong-Il (North Korean dictator) has his people kidnap, imprison, torture, and murder people who don't kiss his butt do exactly as he expects them to, and my reaction is, "Yeah! I wish I could do that to people who cross me!"

Then, there are other times when I read the same article and I feel outraged that a man could be so cruel and inhumane, and I'm half-ready to take up arms to fight him and save millions from oppression.

And the problem is I can't figure out which one of these is the *real* me...the cruel, sadistic, selfish side or the compassionate, noble, and principled side.

And the problem is I can't figure out which one of these is the *real* me...the cruel, sadistic, selfish side or the compassionate, noble, and principled side.
    One scientific way to find out is every time it happens, record which side you're on. Then after let's say 20-30 times, when you have enough data samples, see which side occurred more frequently.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    One scientific way to find out is every time it happens, record which side you're on. Then after let's say 20-30 times, when you have enough data samples, see which side occurred more frequently.
    I don't even need a tally to determine that one. The "good" appears much more frequently than the "evil," but HERE's the scary caveat: whereas good used to completely dominate, during the past few years, the evil side has been *gaining*. Good still takes the majority, but no longer dominates.

It's a scary trend if it's headed where I think it is.

I'm usually nice until people pissed me off.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I'm usually nice until people pissed me off.
    So am I, but again, the caveat (and "sigh," there are always caveats) is that for me, this has been happening with greater and greater frequency in recent years.

Yes, I do. Usually verbally. I kinda enjoy the idea of tormenting someone verbally.

In fact, I kinda just made a guy cry today. He, however, deserved it. I don't usually "prey" on the innocents.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

So am I, but again, the caveat (and "sigh," there are always caveats) is that for me, this has been happening with greater and greater frequency in recent years.
    Hmmm, caveat? Such as?

I should explain that I usually have a peaceful approach until people monkey around my border insensibly.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

It works like this: there are times when I read a newspaper article about how Kim Jong-Il (North Korean dictator) has his people kidnap, imprison, torture, and murder people who don't kiss his butt do exactly as he expects them to, and my reaction is, "Yeah! I wish I could do that to people who cross me!"

Then, there are other times when I read the same article and I feel outraged that a man could be so cruel and inhumane, and I'm half-ready to take up arms to fight him and save millions from oppression.

LOL!!!!

C'mon, melodramatic much? That's generally considered within the parameters of the normal range of human behavior. When you physically risk your life to save the life of someone you hate, then turn around and knife a baby in the back, only then you can start talking in such solemn terms about 'not being sure if you are compassionate and noble or cruel and sadistic' without it seeming a bit silly .

In general, feeling outraged over reading about torture and murder doesn't make one into a "compassionate, noble, and principled" saint, nor does occasionally wishing you had the power to seriously mess up people who screw with you make one a "cruel, sadistic, selfish" devil.

For that matter, truly noble and compassionate people are just as rare as truly cruel and sadistic sociopaths. Far, far more common are the people who fall into the categories of "self-righteous and narcisstic", or, "petty and vindictive." Sad but true.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 01-28-10 at 01:45 AM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Anyhow, re the original topic, I'll bite. I don't know about 'evil' or 'cruel' per se, but I definitely can be very...hmm...verbally biting and contemptuous when certain red flags are waved in front of me. I'm not sure when or why this happened, but I've definitely become much less tolerant and more hostile upon seeing these indicators than in the past. Possibly the three biggest red flags for me (with #1 being the runaway leader) are:

1) Self-pity,
    2) Self-righteousness,
    3) Self-satisfaction.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I think that's normal? Nobody's a saint. How passionate are you during these thoughts of yours? If its just a passing thought then everybody has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    I think that's normal? Nobody's a saint. How passionate are you during these thoughts of yours? If its just a passing thought then everybody has that.
    They used to be fairly low grade. They've intensified drastically during the past two years.

They used to be fairly low grade. They've intensified drastically during the past two years.
    Heavy stress at work?