Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAAARGH! LET ME GO TO WORK!

Default AAAARGH! LET ME GO TO WORK!

[rant]

Wednesday is going to be the THIRD day in a row that the federal government has been closed due to the snow/weather, and I am so f***ing bored that I am desperately wanting to be able to go to work. I'm snowed in, without a working car and with public transportation shut down, meaning that for the past 4-5 days (and who knows how much more), I've done jack all crap. I'm about to freak the hell out.

FFS, I'm a Californian who isn't used to snow and ice at all, but nonetheless, I gotta say to OPM; stop being such goddamned p*ssies over the weather. If most private sector companies are remaining open, there's no freaking reason for the entire federal government to shut down. I mean, COME ON!!!!!

[/rant]

Trapped in my apartment and getting ready to explode...ffs...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Funny, when we were kids, we look forward to snow so we can get off of school. But I guess now, we need to get out and be away from home to appreciate home.

But, Ren, don't you have places to go where you live to entertain yourself? Or could you do work through a webcam or send your finish work to your boss via email?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Go to bed, gramps. Maybe you will feel better after a sleep.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Funny, when we were kids, we look forward to snow so we can get off of school. But I guess now, we need to get out and be away from home to appreciate home.

But, Ren, don't you have places to go where you live to entertain yourself? Or could you do work through a webcam or send your finish work to your boss via email?
    Sadly, I don't; remember, no car, most of my friends aren't driving, and WMATA is shut down at Falls Church. Meaning I'm essentially totally immobile right now.

And the thing is, I was supposed to start some additional training this week, so I can't even do 'catch up' work...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Sadly, I don't; remember, no car, most of my friends aren't driving, and WMATA is shut down at Falls Church. Meaning I'm essentially totally immobile right now.

And the thing is, I was supposed to start some additional training this week, so I can't even do 'catch up' work...sigh.
    RWX, you need a car in your life!!!! Need not be a BMW, mercedes, or Lexus but a reliable car like Corolla or Honda Civic or ect....

You can survive without a car, but your life would be 1,000,000X better with a car. You will know what I am talking about when you get one.

You haven't really experienced life and freedom until you own a car.

Maybe we can do a big fundraising thing in spcnet where we try to raise enough money to import and deliver a japanese car to the front steps of RWX's home with snow chain and all.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Don't they have movie night, a gym, and what not in your building? Tons of stuff to burn time.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

Maybe we can do a big fundraising thing in spcnet where we try to raise enough money to import and deliver a japanese car to the front steps of RWX's home with snow chain and all.
    No Toyotas, unless murder is your objective.

BIG snowstorm tmr i heard. or has it alrdy hit you?
    i'm with you on this. CAN IT PLEASE STOP ****IN SNOWING?!??!!?! damn, just when the snow pretty much all melted sigh.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[rant]

Wednesday is going to be the THIRD day in a row that the federal government has been closed due to the snow/weather, and I am so f***ing bored that I am desperately wanting to be able to go to work. I'm snowed in, without a working car and with public transportation shut down, meaning that for the past 4-5 days (and who knows how much more), I've done jack all crap. I'm about to freak the hell out.

FFS, I'm a Californian who isn't used to snow and ice at all, but nonetheless, I gotta say to OPM; stop being such goddamned p*ssies over the weather. If most private sector companies are remaining open, there's no freaking reason for the entire federal government to shut down. I mean, COME ON!!!!!

[/rant]

Trapped in my apartment and getting ready to explode...ffs...

work at a hospital and you're expected at work everyday you're scheduled!

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    BIG snowstorm tmr i heard. or has it alrdy hit you?
    i'm with you on this. CAN IT PLEASE STOP ****IN SNOWING?!??!!?! damn, just when the snow pretty much all melted sigh.

Kay, where are you located? Where I'm located, the snow storm just hit us this past Friday and Saturday and it barely melted and now it's striking us again. It took a break for two days, had a breather, and it's back to give us more snow.

We haven't had that much snow in years. Like after the blizzard in 1996, it only snowed a bit but not much accumulation. Now if it was snowing/raining cash, I wouldn't complain.

For now, most of my work is on the computer and going to meetings (which can be done over the phone). I worked from home today and plan to do so again tomorrow if the weather doesn't get better. The commute to work during a snowstorm is about 2 hours one way, which is a waste of time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

We haven't had that much snow in years. Like after the blizzard in 1996, it only snowed a bit but not much accumulation. Now if it was snowing/raining cash, I wouldn't complain.
    Yes, you would, because it would mean *inflation*!

Just to clarify, people, when Suet Sung says 'barely melted', what she really means is, 'melted enough to freeze into solid ice when the temperature dropped again'.

Ugh.

re car, it's not a financial issue, it's a lifestyle choice; I just can't be bothered dealing with insurance, maintenance, gas prices, etc. etc., esp. since I'm the type who generally prefers to stay at home and read, or hang out with a small, select group of friends. The fact that I've always been in areas with relatively developed mass transportation has helped as well. But anyhow, enough about me.

Kay, where are you located? Where I'm located, the snow storm just hit us this past Friday and Saturday and it barely melted and now it's striking us again. It took a break for two days, had a breather, and it's back to give us more snow.

i'm located in ShitHole aka Boston
    it's been pretty clear since mid-Jan and i would very much appreciate it if the weather kept like that
    i don't wana make snow angels or igloos anymore, can it be spring already? i swear if my *** is stuck at work tmr..
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Ren is a bright eyed young man new to the work force with the inspiring can-do attitude.

Once he's been in it for a few years and the can-do energy has all been leeched off by fat lazy government workers, we will never see this rant when his workplace is shut down because of snow or some other pussy reasons. Instead, he'll celebrate it by wasting time on the Internet just like the rest of us.

Cheers!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

snow is ok, its the ice that's the main problem
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

RWX has a very good job at the government. He is much richer than me. Anyway, he declares money is not the reason for not owning a car.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 02-10-10 at 11:14 AM.

How the heck did you live in California without a car? And Los Angeles to boot.

Man, you got legs.

Legs it up.

Have legs, will travel !!

Hope it gets warmer for you soon though.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control