Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuno

Finish watching it. Last ep is quite a rush in my opinion.

One question:

Is this better than Queen Seon Duk? I saw Jang Hyuk and Lee Dae Hee in Robber of my Heart, and feels excited about a second-time pairing. The cast seemed great too, but I heard this drama is over-rated.

At least, this one got three pages of reviews of far.

One historical drama I watched call King and I (it's got Jan Di from Boys Over Flowers) doesn't even have a thread. I really like the Chief of Enunch in that show. He's the supporting cast, but felt more like the lead appearing from episode one till the last episode. His acting is much better than the three leads and he's got the Top Excellence Award that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    One question:

Is this better than Queen Seon Duk? I saw Jang Hyuk and Lee Dae Hee in Robber of my Heart, and feels excited about a second-time pairing. The cast seemed great too, but I heard this drama is over-rated.

At least, this one got three pages of reviews of far.

One historical drama I watched call King and I (it's got Jan Di from Boys Over Flowers) doesn't even have a thread. I really like the Chief of Enunch in that show. He's the supporting cast, but felt more like the lead appearing from episode one till the last episode. His acting is much better than the three leads and he's got the Top Excellence Award that year.
    This drama started off pretty strong with an interesting premise and all. But then it kind of started falling apart with randomness. And the ending was just...well... The cast is pretty decent though. And there's always some good eye candy, esp in the first few episodes when it was still hot summer.

I've never watched Queen Seon Duk, so I can't compare.

But if you're excited about a 2nd Jang Hyuk-Lee Dahae pairing...don't get your hopes up to high. They don't have as much screentime together as one would like

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    This drama started off pretty strong with an interesting premise and all. But then it kind of started falling apart with randomness. And the ending was just...well... The cast is pretty decent though. And there's always some good eye candy, esp in the first few episodes when it was still hot summer.

I've never watched Queen Seon Duk, so I can't compare.

But if you're excited about a 2nd Jang Hyuk-Lee Dahae pairing...don't get your hopes up to high. They don't have as much screentime together as one would like
    Thanks for your very helpful reply, Ren Ying Ying. From all the reviews up there, I'm excited to see Jang Hyuk in his role. His acting was quite top-notch. It was rare to see LDH act badly. I hope I won't get agitated over her lack of character development. LDH usually has this unique onscreen quality. Even if the show is bad, watching her beautiful aura lighting up the series is enough to keep a show going. I hope she's not as bad as people say she is in her period show. She looks beautiful from the poster.

Usually, I like korean modern shows more than the period ones. Only a few period shows are good in my opinion eg Jewel in the Palace, Emperor of the Sea and Painter of Wind. Hwang JinYi and Damo are also good. Most of the rest of their period shows are only watchable. I don't even feel the directing of Jumong is that good. They always build suspense in that show, but hardly gave explanations on how the situation was resolved, giving supposedly exciting plot a transient feel.

Well, Jang Hyuk won the Daesang, good for him. Congrats! He deserved this one, totally acted his heart out as Daegil. Beats me how Oh Ji Ho won an acting award, though. Dude was only better-looking than a stone. And how is it "Best Couple Award" if FIVE drama couples got this award?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Well, Jang Hyuk won the Daesang, good for him. Congrats! He deserved this one, totally acted his heart out as Daegil. Beats me how Oh Ji Ho won an acting award, though. Dude was only better-looking than a stone. And how is it "Best Couple Award" if FIVE drama couples got this award?
    Wow, he must be quite happy then. Totally deserved it. He's very charismatic and so into the character.

Haha, five drama couples got that award. They must have felt them deserving of the award, since competition is quite tight with outstanding performances from more than one couple. Perhaps they're all in the same league, so it's reasonable for five ties since their acting can't be pushed any further. Yeah, I'm just making this up as I go along.

Happy 2011, peeps.