Thread: Actors in wuxia adaptations who are wuxia fans?

Default Actors in wuxia adaptations who are wuxia fans?

Many, many actors (and actresses) in Asian cinema have performed as wuxia characters over the years, and I imagine that a number of them were wuxia novel fans before acting in a wuxia film/series. Do you know of any specific cases of an actor/actress in a wuxia film/series being a fan of the genre and has spoken of his/her fandom?

In some cases, it might allow an actor/actress some creative input on how the character that he/she is performing is portrayed. I don't think TVB ever allowed its actors this privilege, however. TVB tended to treat (and probably still does) its cast members as paid slaves, and they jump through whatever hoops the directors order them to. Still, one has to wonder how much knowledge of the novel character Felix Wong might have brought into depicting young Gwok Jing, Hui Juk, or Kiu Fung, or how much novel-reading might have affected Tony Leung in his portrayals of Wai Siu Bo and Cheung Mo Gei, etc.

I do not know whether Nie Yuan (Hu Fei in Flying Fox 2006) is a fan or not. But, during an interview, he didn't metion that he likes Cheng Ling Su more in the novel. At least, he has read the novel.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩