Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Moon

Default New Moon

WARNING: anger-release below

"Oh God, give me a f*cking break!"

"Can you please kill this idiot [Bella] already?"

"Oh please!!"

These were some of the thoughts that rushed through my mind as I digested this cringe-inducing followup to the slightly-less-cringe-inducing-but-more-boring Twilight movie. You might ask why I bothered to see it. Well, I happen to dig Taylor Lautner, and happily, he's the best thing in this movie. So I'm happy about that, but cringed at almost everything else.

To its credit, Edward spends much less time onscreen, which is good since whenever he appears, I want to punch his face. His "acting" is truly an insult to the very word. And Bella, oh my God, this girl deserves to die 100 times. She abuses herself, her life, to the point of disgust. It would have been fine if we could feel her suffering, but her unbelievable nonexistent acting only makes her actions inexplicable and agitating.

Show, don't tell. That's the first rule of acting. After 2 movies, they still haven't shown us why the hell Bella is in love with Edward (they keep saying it's the case, but by God, make it believable)! And that's awfully sad.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Oh, PJ, that's a good one!

Yes, I find Taylor Lautner much charming and less annoying than the overly-rated vampyboy, Eddy Cullen.

Check this parody of Twilight and have a good laugh! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goix7jFXD9Q

There's also one for New Moon.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dx0M...eature=channel
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-25-09 at 02:01 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

The best part is the beginning when he's holding his nose and shoveling colognes her way.

check out this New Moon spoof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D21my...B411E8&index=1

That's one quality spoof for movie! And, credits to the cute guinea pig!

I like that part too, and.... the
    click to show/hide spoilers
    evil means of nimple-twisting method of killing the enemy
    was brilliantly hilarious.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    WARNING: anger-release below

"Oh God, give me a f*cking break!"

"Can you please kill this idiot [Bella] already?"

"Oh please!!"

These were some of the thoughts that rushed through my mind as I digested this cringe-inducing followup to the slightly-less-cringe-inducing-but-more-boring Twilight movie. You might ask why I bothered to see it. Well, I happen to dig Taylor Lautner, and happily, he's the best thing in this movie. So I'm happy about that, but cringed at almost everything else.

To its credit, Edward spends much less time onscreen, which is good since whenever he appears, I want to punch his face. His "acting" is truly an insult to the very word. And Bella, oh my God, this girl deserves to die 100 times. She abuses herself, her life, to the point of disgust. It would have been fine if we could feel her suffering, but her unbelievable nonexistent acting only makes her actions inexplicable and agitating.

Show, don't tell. That's the first rule of acting. After 2 movies, they still haven't shown us why the hell Bella is in love with Edward (they keep saying it's the case, but by God, make it believable)! And that's awfully sad.
    Can't really blame the movie, since the book New Moon of the Twilight series is THAT BAD. I thought the first book was okay with some flaws but New Moon (book) was when I had a reality check and I find myself hoping Bella would die. I read book one and two and still don't understand why Edward and Bella loves each other or how their "love" has any substance or depth. So I guess the movie did it's job at portraying how crappy the book series is! I pretty much had the same response while reading New Moon and finishing it ( a couple years ago when it was new).

Robbie Pattie looks hideous. The girl that plays Bella looks like a drug addict. The day I actually watch any of these movies, I'll want to take my eyes and ears out. Never going to give Stephenie Meyers money by supporting any of her work.

I sold my first edition books of her first and second book and made a lot of profit off of Ms. Meyer.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Anyone who's seen New Moon, you MUST see this spoof @ 2:16. It's absolutely spot-on.

A review on New Moon that I found very, very amusing:
    http://fffilm.fuxoft.cz/2009/11/rece...mesic-new.html
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

This is an awesome response to this movie (note: may be offensive to people):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-wBa-UJVw

I don't get why anyone over the age of 15 would pay to see this.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Never read any of the books or saw any of the movies. All my Twilight obsessed friends tried to get me into it, but what they said just made me want to not waste my time on it.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Ironically, the Twilight/New Moon spoofs come more interesting than the intensely infamous stories/movies. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post

Haha I watch it last sunday, but because there is nothing I can do in this freaking freezing weather in Edinburgh except going to the cinema lol.

Anyway, at least the Volturi is awesome and especially Dakota Fanning with the menacing red eyes.

Other than that, it's just a love triangle lovey dovey crap, cringe inducing romance dialogue and wolf pack with a six pack running around bare chested in cold wather lol.

well, actually thought that this one was at least better than the first one. GOD the first one was SO bad. but at least this one had a shirtless taylor lautner in almost half the scenes. that made it slightly less horrible for me (especially after he cut his hair)
    and the volturi were pretty awesome, actually. they looked/acted better than i thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    well, actually thought that this one was at least better than the first one. GOD the first one was SO bad. but at least this one had a shirtless taylor lautner in almost half the scenes. that made it slightly less horrible for me (especially after he cut his hair)
    and the volturi were pretty awesome, actually. they looked/acted better than i thought they would.
    Yep, my thoughts EXACTLY.

I read Twilight and thought it was okay at best. Saw the movie on Satellite and hated it. Clearly, I'm not going to fork out $10 to see New Moon. I don't understand the fascination with this series, nor do I understand the fascination with Taylor Lautner (or any of the other cast members). He has a nice body, but his face is so mediocre. White guys of his caliber are a dime a dozen in SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Anyway, at least the Volturi is awesome and especially Dakota Fanning with the menacing red eyes.
    HMM WON'T COMMENT! Else I will get a paedophile comment again!

0:45 is gold.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 11-29-09 at 12:11 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    HMM WON'T COMMENT! Else I will get a paedophile comment again!
    LOL, yeah, when Dakota Fanning act, she always look older then her real age. She will be a force to reckon with in a few years as an actress, prolly better than Scarlett Johansson

+1.0000000

OK, now that I've watched some clips of the actors in real life, I have to say they're MUCH more interesting in real life than in the movie!

In the film, Kristen and Rob are stupid and boring (my opinion). But in real life they seem more vibrant, more complex. Kristen seems totally unBella-like with her "manly-leather-biker-don't give a damn" presentation of herself. And Rob spouts quite a few semi-deep thought-provokers in his interviews, delivered carefreely, unlike his always-brooding character.

In comparison, Taylor is the little brother, physically and mentally. He IS the youngest in the cast and it shows. He does think like a teenager, lacking the complexity of his co-leads. He is also humble, straight forward, and "Mr. Nice Guy" all the way, in contrast to his co-leads, who project a more artsy/mysterious/cold personality and have less tolerance.

I like Kristen and Rob in real life, and I will always love Taylor--he seems such a humble, good-hearted kid. Instead of being in artificial junk like Twilight, Kristen and Rob ought to work with top directors who will allow them to bring out more of themselves on screen.

In wuxia terms, the actors would be:

Taylor = Zhang Wuji : kind, humble, nice
    Rob = Linghu Chong : careless
    Kristen = somewhere between Xiao Longnu and Ah Zi: thinker, femme fatale, unpenetratable
    Last edited by PJ; 12-02-09 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

I like Kristen and Rob in real life, and I will always love Taylor--he seems such a humble, good-hearted kid. Instead of being in artificial junk like Twilight, Kristen and Rob ought to work with top directors who will allow them to bring out more of themselves on screen.
    umm.. what do you mean by that? .... aren't you a boy yourself? and isn't taylor still only 17?

my opinion? i think rob and taylor are both soooooooooo NOT handsome or cute at all. they actually, in my honest opinion, are ugly in my books. so i'm not on either of their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    umm.. what do you mean by that? .... aren't you a boy yourself?
    Um, why do you think I paid $10 to see this crap?

and isn't taylor still only 17?
    Yes he is. And I think he's a great kid