Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which girl would Zhang WU Ji's parents like the most?

Default Which girl would Zhang WU Ji's parents like the most?

Ok, I was having a discussion with my mom the other day about which girl Zhang Shui San and Yan Su Su would like the most for their son. My mom said that they would like Zhou Zhi Ruo the most. I can see why, but I think if they found out how she really was, they may not like her or think she is the most suited for their son. She definately ruled out Zhao Min since she was Mongol and was bias against Zhu Er because they are cousins. I thought Xiao Zhao was ok too and my mom liked her as well but still thinks that his parents would still like Zhou Zhi Ruo the most. Which girl do you guys think his parents would like and pick and why?

-Zhao Min-She was the most beautiful, but is a mongol which is a big no no for his parents. Yan Su Su also was bias against beautiful women and were afraid that they would hurt her son.She was not just any mongol, she was a princess that has hurt the wulin world and the country.
    -Zhu Zhi Ruo-She has known him since childhood and is a member of the Ngor Mei sect, therefore, a good match with their WuDang sect. She is also a Han too...
    -Zhu Er/Yan Li-She has liked him for a long time and he promised to be her husband. But she was also his cousin(I know that cousins marrying back then was permitted but I am still uneasy about it and so is my mom).However, she only loved the really young Zhang Wu Ji not necessarily the Zhang Wu Ji that he is now.
    -Xiao Zhao-She was half persian and is the leader of the Persian Ming Sect. I guess she is also a good fit for him since Yan Su Su is also a part of the Ming sect and Zhang Wu Ji later became the leader.

What do you guys think? I personally would pick Xiao Zhao for him, but then who would his parents like and choose for him??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think Zhang Wuji's mother would like Xiao Zhao because she takes care of Wuji. ZCS would like Zhou Zhiruo because of the connection Wudang and Emei has and this would help solidify it more. Sure, Zhou Zhiruo is evil, but ZCS hasn't proven himself to be a good judge of character.

ZCS/YSS, assuming they lived happily ever after, would like the one ZWJ chose most. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    ZCS/YSS, assuming they lived happily ever after, would like the one ZWJ chose most. 100%.
    I don't think they would be very happy that ZWJ chose Zhao Min...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I don't think they would be very happy that ZWJ chose Zhao Min...
    Why do you say that? Even Z3F was pleased. 爱屋及乌 Parents.

Why do you say that? Even Z3F was pleased. 爱屋及乌 Parents.
    I say that because ZCS does not seem to be as easygoing. He seemed more strict than Z3F is. I think Z3F is more understanding and not as strict as his students were. That's why when I was having the discussion with my mom, she was saying that "maybe" his mom would approve, but his dad??? NO WAY...

Oh yea, don't forget his godfather Xie Xun too....
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-26-10 at 06:14 PM.

I say that because ZCS does not seem to be as easygoing. He seemed more strict than Z3F is. I think Z3F is more understanding and not as strict as his students were. That's why when I was having the discussion with my mom, she was saying that "maybe" his mom would approve, but his dad??? NO WAY...

Oh yea, don't forget his godfather Xie Xun too....
    I do know I would like best the girl MY son pick eventually . Why would they disapprove? To make their son feel bad and spoil their great couples relationship? XX knows of the misunderstanding and scheme of ZZR, he would disapprove of ZZR if anything.

Well, ZCS married YSS, whose father has a high rank in the Ming Sect (considered evil by other righteous wulin sects) and most people disapprove of the marriage. Of course, being in the evil sect might not be as bad as a Mongolian princess. However, ZCS would be hypocritical if he disapproves of ZM based on her ethnicity. She is willing to change (just like YSS), give up her position as princess, and she loves ZWJ. I think ZCS/YSS will default to Z3F for the decision.

Z3F was tolerant of YSS so I'm sure he would approve whoever ZWJ truly loved whether it be ZM or ZZR. I think YSS would act as overly protective mother (mistrusting both ZM and ZZR because of her own history) therefore would default to Xiao Zhao. ZCS will probably like ZZR more initially.

Zhou Zhiruo fits the YSS's "don't trust beautiful women" warning most.

His dad will like ZZY since he's a self righteous snob, while his mom will like ZM.
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

YSS - Zhu-er (not pretty) or Xiao Zhao (nice docile girl to takes care of ZWJ)
    ZCS - ZZR (er-mei connection)
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

YSS will support ZM b/c they're similar. They're both dislike for their origin, they're both "evil" at one point until they met the love of the lives, and they both "changed" to follow their lovers.

ZCS will support ZZR b/c she's from Er-Mei. Plus, her innocent girlie behavior and respecting the elders act will have him hooked until she turns evil b/c ZWJ will dump her at the wedding, again!

I do know I would like best the girl MY son pick eventually . Why would they disapprove? To make their son feel bad and spoil their great couples relationship? XX knows of the misunderstanding and scheme of ZZR, he would disapprove of ZZR if anything.
    I know that you a lot of parents would approve of whoever their son/daughter picks but in ZWJ's case, if he chose ZM.... I honestly don't know if his dad would be pleased. It is true that he married YSS who was sort of from an evil sect, BUT she is still not a "wai guo ren". ALso, ZM was not just any old Mongol. SHe was a Mongolian princess that insulted his master(Z3F), hurt his martial arts brothers, insulted his WuDang sect and was plotting against their country and the rest of WuLin. That is why I question if his parents would approve of ZM. My mom thinks that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Well, ZCS married YSS, whose father has a high rank in the Ming Sect (considered evil by other righteous wulin sects) and most people disapprove of the marriage. Of course, being in the evil sect might not be as bad as a Mongolian princess. However, ZCS would be hypocritical if he disapproves of ZM based on her ethnicity. She is willing to change (just like YSS), give up her position as princess, and she loves ZWJ. I think ZCS/YSS will default to Z3F for the decision.
    I sort of agree with you, but in the case of YSS being like ZM... Well, at least YSS is still a Han chinese and is not a Mongol that invaded their country. You know how people were back then about outsiders invading and taking over their country. ZCS was really against that and hated the Mongols, but to have his son marry one??? I don't think he would be pleased at all. His mom might approve because she sort of went through the same thing, but I still can't picture his dad approving and liking ZM.

insulted his master(Z3F), hurt his martial arts brothers, insulted his WuDang sect and was plotting against their country and the rest of WuLin.
    Sounds a lot like ZZR to me . The country was the Mongols', wulin people were the ones plotting against it.

It kind of depends when in the story Wuji decides to ask his parents. If he asks them during the Pagoda scene, they'd probably vote ZZR. If asked during the Snake Island part, they'd probably say XZ. Up until ZZR is exposed as evil ZM won't have a prayer, but once she's left as the only choice, I'm sure neither parent would stand in the way, especially after she renounces her Mongolian heritage. They're not xenophobic, just patriotic.

Having said that, if we want to test this hypothetical scenario, we need to consider the possibility of extra scenes - it's unlikely that Wuji's parents would be around without encountering ZM herself. How their own relationship develops first as enemies might dictate consequences which will ensure the ZWJ/ZM relationship is dead before it even starts.

Sounds a lot like ZZR to me . The country was the Mongols', wulin people were the ones plotting against it.
    You seem to like ZM a lot so are bias against ZZR so I can understand why you say that.

You seem to like ZM a lot so are bias against ZZR so I can understand why you say that.
    Let's not put it to 'bias' now shall we?

Let's not put it to 'bias' now shall we?
    Who isn't bias to a certain extent?? It is just a matter of how bias we are....