Thread: Is ATV still making TV serials?

Default Is ATV still making TV serials?

Is ATV still making TV serials? This forum seem less lively with current ATV serial topics and news. Anyone have any information?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

From what I heard, they still are but not as many as before. They cut back on a lot of staff, cast,etc... They still make some of their own, but they also buy a lot of mainland and series from other companies to air on their station so they don't make a lot of their own series like before. I heard that a lot of cast/staff had their salary cut.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

One of ATV's drama from 2006, 2007 or 2008 will be released in Viet this week here in the USA, My Depraved Brother starring Michael Tao, Deric Wan...
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

well. atv blows most of their budget on buying overseas series to broadcast. If they didn't make those travel shows and food shows, their stars have nothing to do. In fact, Benny Chan Chin Pang and Kenneth Chan have left.

The remaining artistes barely have a chance to show their faces since ATV only does like (???) 3 series a year and they aren;t good quality shows either.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

does anyone know anything about this:

http://www.babeijiu.com/bbj6/81/21287922a.htm

Promotion for my date with a wampire 4

that is not promotion for MDWAV 4. It's just photo from one of ATV's calendars, I can't remember which year.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    that is not promotion for MDWAV 4. It's just photo from one of ATV's calendars, I can't remember which year.

okay sorry, i thought it was a promotion (mentioned in another side)

but do you know why part 4 is not filming?

Quote Originally Posted by cnstar View Post
    okay sorry, i thought it was a promotion (mentioned in another side)

but do you know why part 4 is not filming?
    I think because part 3's rating is low. Part 1 and 2 both got 2 digit ratings, part 3 only got one.

MDWAV is not a cheap series to film, with so much special effects and actors. I guess the company thinks it's not worth it. Also, the actors are getting old.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Honestly it is a bit dissapointing that ATV is producing/releasing less productions. Cause there has been some very good series in the past and the artists with ATV are all pretty talented.

There would be no point to MDWAV4. Like you said Kidd, ratings were extremely low. Not to mention storyline was so off compared with the other ones. And of course the absence of Kristy Yang and Chapman To wasn't the same!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

well i think there is a potential in a MDWAV4. Because they are not using the 2 old main actor/actresses + there is no other "wampire" dramas in mainland in the last few years. I dont know about the younger generations taste of drama in china, but i really like does mystery/horror dramas. (i am 20 years old and from europe).

Quote Originally Posted by cnstar View Post
    well i think there is a potential in a MDWAV4. Because they are not using the 2 old main actor/actresses + there is no other "wampire" dramas in mainland in the last few years. I dont know about the younger generations taste of drama in china, but i really like does mystery/horror dramas. (i am 20 years old and from europe).
    If that is the case then it would be better not to associate with MDWAV. Just have another vampire base storyline with a new cast and title. I also enjoy this type of genre so wouldn't mind ATV trying it out again.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour View Post
    If that is the case then it would be better not to associate with MDWAV. Just have another vampire base storyline with a new cast and title. I also enjoy this type of genre so wouldn't mind ATV trying it out again.
    yeah you're right. but isnt it true that ATV dont have the budget to make such a project?

it's not just about the budget. a good solid script with good acting would make any movie successful. ATV could hire less famous actors and cut down on the special effects.

it is truly a sad state to witness ATV in its current situation. this is the station that produced many classic series in the past. TVB has gone downhill as well, but at least there are still series in production.

The thing is that ATV can only afford to make modern series at the moment due to budget restrictions and lack of promotion and lack of artistes, They have no money to pay for props and special costumes. Their own artistes do not demand the star power needed to snatch attention away from TVB so they end up paying outside artistes instead of their scriptwriters so they end up with products with a great beginning but a crap ending. Their own artistes get pissed that they get paid much less that outside artistes and quite so they end up with weird-sounding Mainland recruits from TV pageants instead who can't act or talk properly. There is no way that ATV can make MDWAV 4 at this stage unless some financial powerhouse appears from nowhere and helps them out.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

man that sucks. i dont see how atv is not having budget n money compared to tvb who has lame casting n bad sets etc. tvb stories are usually lame or been done so many times. casting arent as good as their past actors.

atv has alot of veterans which i love from both atv n tvb. i really do hope atv get some sort of financial tycoon to bring em back up. really like to see some remakes of who is the winner, gun and glory, my date with a vampire etc.