Thread: 3 Questions regarding the character of Yang Xiao from HSDS

Default 3 Questions regarding the character of Yang Xiao from HSDS

1. He is probably the most talented within the Ming Sect, he was introduced in the novel as a 40+ year old guy but yet he managed to kill He Taichong's (Qunlun) master and defeat a Top Tier Ermei fighter with Heaven Sword wielder at a very young age (Mijue even refered him as a "powerful cult teenager". However he just seems to be on par with the other top tier fighters like Fan Yo, 1st+2nd Wudang, and XX despite being 40+ years old.

2. He is the only one who was taught a few levels QQDNY by YDT amongst all Ming Sect members, yet YDT chose XX as his successor.

3. Why does he feel sorry for YLT after raping Ji Hiaofu, did he know that she was engaged at the first place?
    Last edited by Loke-Gao-Zhu; 03-14-10 at 06:04 PM.
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu View Post
    3. Why does he feel sorry for YLT after raping Ji Hiaofu, did he know that she was engaged at the first place?
    Did he really rape Ji Xiaofu? That is news to me.

2. He is the only one who was taught a few levels QQDNY by YDT amongst all Ming Sect members, yet YDT chose XX as his successor.
    Thats a very good question. Not sure why YDT taught QQDNY to Yang Xiao if he wanted XX to be his successor and the next leader of Ming Cult, especially since QQDNY can only be taught and known by the leader of the cult. Or I guess the more appropriate question is why did YDT pick XX to be his successor but at the same time taught QQDNY to Yang Xiao
    Last edited by goodrick; 03-14-10 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Did he really rape Ji Xiaofu? That is news to me.

Thats a very good question. Not sure why YDT taught QQDNY to Yang Xiao if he wanted XX to be his successor and the next leader of Ming Cult, especially since QQDNY can only be taught and known by the leader of the cult. Or I guess the more appropriate question is why did YDT pick XX to be his successor but at the same time taught QQDNY to Yang Xiao
    When Yang Xiao realized his daughter's name he screamed and said "Hiao fu, although I forced you, you still didn't regret it".
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

When Yang Xiao realized his daughter's name he screamed and said "Hiao fu, although I forced you, you still didn't regret it".
    OK. I have not read the novel but saw the 2003 TV adaptation. It certainly wasn't portrayed that he raped her. Whatever happened between them was definitely shown as consentual.

Not sure if I'd call it rape. The daugher was named Yang BUHUI (no regrets).

2. QKDNY should only be taught to the leader. So perhaps YX was first considered as the next leader, but later YDT changed his mind. Perhaps he saw that YX wouldnt be able to get respect from the 4 guardian kings.

And he didnt make XX the next leader, only acting leader. Whoever finds the Ming tablets would be the 34th leader (stupid decision). XX is a very capable guy and since he would not be the actual leader, it would be an ok solution for everyone.

YDT, in his last years, was too concern about his wife and CK to really care about the future of Ming cult.

3. It is hard to say about the rape thing. Dont remeber if he did know about her engagment, but that doesnt really matters. JHF was attracted to YX right away. YX was a handsome and smart guy. 6th Wudan hero was no match. I think the marrage was arranged by her sifu/family and she didnt really loved him.

What YX actually did is uncertain, but we do know that he regretted and admitted that he forced her. But in what way we dont know. And we do know that she loved him and she didnt regrett.

I like the way HSDS 86 portrait it.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    I like the way HSDS 86 portrait it.
    Me too. It makes sense, even Yin Liting's stalkerish behavior.