Thread: Does anyone know this series/movie?

Default Does anyone know this series/movie?

I was discussing a movie/series with my brother one day, and though we both remembered it, none of us could remember the plot or the even the actors. But piecing up what we remembered we came up with the following, which may or may not be accurate:

It was definitely a wuxia series/movie not set in the Qing era.

It was about two friends that became enemies at the end, Deric Wan (maybe) is the good guy, and Francis Ng (pretty sure) is the bad guy.

The Good guy is at first inferior when he learns something like the Golden Fingers, and loses to the bad guy who knows Flaming Palms.

The good guy wins in the end and somehow beats the bad guy who gets beat so badly he is now mentally insane/retarded. He has a girl that still cares for him.

Considering how little details there are, I assume it's a movie and not a very famous one either. I looked up both their movies and didn't see any one that even sounded like it, so the actors might be wrong. But wuxia fans, I could use your help !

Probably not the right forum, but hope this helps.

Credits to http://www.dericwan.com/tvdrama/92_1.htm
    《武林幸運星》
    劇種:武俠喜劇
    首播年份:1992年2月17日
    集數:20
    演員:溫兆倫、周慧敏、胡越山、崔嘉寶、梅小惠
    劇情簡介:
       故事內容描述於楢山村,屈炭(溫兆倫)誕生當日有一巨石降落,自此該村寸草不生,慘絕人寰,於是炭被公認為 災星,受盡白眼,只有其母及指腹為婚之未婚妻田寵兒(梅小惠)對他愛護有加。
       一次機緣巧合,炭遇一老者,老者指力驚人,並教曉炭使用指法。時剛有朝廷官員經楢山村,見村民甚窮,便答應 以官糧救濟之。可惜糧食被大賊慕容堅及慕容劍飛 兩父子劫走,炭力拼大賊,賊雖擊退,但糧食悉數墮山失去,村民責炭累事,炭母救子心切,置炭於木桶順流而下 ,望炭獲一線生機。
       炭到臥龍鎮,遇龍在天(胡越山),二人成為好友。炭和在天遇名震江胡之獨孤求敗,見二人窮,贈銀予二人。豈 料銀乃賊贓,被官兵窮追,幸逃出生天。此時二人認識曲菁菁(崔嘉寶)及曲楚楚(周慧敏)兩姐妹,在天對菁菁 暗生情愫。
       在天有感難以蠱惑板斧混飯,遂從此踏上惡途,希望一天能震驚江湖。楚楚被迫下嫁轟雷黑先鋒,被炭救回,楚楚 對炭感激不已,後兩人更共墜愛河。此時寵兒尋炭 至臥龍鎮,險被騙入煙花之地,幸得劍飛相救,劍飛(孟龍)漸被寵兒所吸引。後更揭發出劍飛是楚楚父親與妾侍 弄兒所生之兒子,眾人一家團聚。
       臥龍鎮有一逍遙派,炭於誤打誤撞下成為掌門,炭見逍遙弟子如一盆沙,於是訂下江湖基本法,自此逍遙派日盛。 在天眼見炭聲名大噪而大感不忿,不惜利用菁菁之感情及周玉貴之勢力,佈局陷害炭,由此令江湖掀起一片腥風血 雨。