Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 《衣被天下》Clothing the World (2010): Yuan Hong, Liu Shi Shi, Zhang Junning, Li Qian

The series got high ratings amongst women across the country(China). Top 5 on one of the TV network, and is premiering in Taiwan and starting to broadcast in other TV networks. Janine was promoting the premiere in Taiwan, but no Yuan Hong or Liu Shi Shi

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    The series got high ratings amongst women across the country(China). Top 5 on one of the TV network, and is premiering in Taiwan and starting to broadcast in other TV networks. Janine was promoting the premiere in Taiwan, but no Yuan Hong or Liu Shi Shi
    It's called 神話織女 (shen hua zhi nu - mythical weaver) in Taiwan.

Yuan Hong is rehearsing for 步步惊心 (he's going bald soon). Hu Ge is filming 辛亥革命 with Jackie Chan and Zhang Ziyi. ‎No idea what LSS is doing - she doesn't update her wei bo as often as the two men in her life.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-08-10 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    It's called 神話織女 (shen hua zhi nu - mythical weaver) in Taiwan.

Yuan Hong is rehearsing for 步步惊心 (he's going bald soon). Hu Ge is filming 辛亥革命 with Jackie Chan and Zhang Ziyi. ‎No idea what LSS is doing - she doesn't update her wei bo as often as the two men in her life.
    Hahaha...I like that..the two men in her life. Since Liu Shi Shi is not doing anything at the moment, I wonder if she will guest star in 步步惊心 at all? Do you know who the female lead will be?

It would be better if I can watch this series in English. I soo want to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    I wonder what happened to all those haughty, superficial royal women in the palace - were they all rounded up and executed?
    Yup, everybody kena beheaded. Mongolian guy said so in Ep 31.

Actually talking about the cartoon Anastasia, my favourite part was when the servant boy helped the princess and her grandma escape into the secret trapdoor in the palace. The song played at the ending showing that scene is my fave girly song of all time.

I like Kelly Chen's voice so I downloaded 天涯织女 theme song into my iPod. It's nice in a girly way...like the Anastasia ending song.
    Janine was promoting the premiere in Taiwan, but no Yuan Hong or Liu Shi Shi
    Why should they? They are no longer the leads with all the drastic cuts of their scenes.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-09-10 at 03:43 AM.

Why should they? They are no longer the leads with all the drastic cuts of their scenes.
    For one, it would attract more attention to the series. And two, it would increase Yuan Hong and Liu Shi Shi's popularity in Taiwan(if their manager wanted to market them in Taiwan). Besides, they were already well-known from their previous series-LOCH and Chinese Paladin 3 in Taiwan. I was looking forward to the variety shows they would've been in from Taiwan, just like Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi was in.

I don't know if being the lead matters anymore if they wanted to promote series. I mean, Yuan Hong practically traveled with Adam Cheng and other more significant cast from "Miracle Doctors" to promote in Taiwan and he's only a minor character in that series.
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 09-09-10 at 10:53 AM.

Hahaha...I like that..the two men in her life. Since Liu Shi Shi is not doing anything at the moment, I wonder if she will guest star in 步步惊心 at all? Do you know who the female lead will be?
    No announcement yet on 步步惊心 cast. Only YH has been announced as male lead because the author specifically asked that he's the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by yin_shen_quan View Post
    I'm beginning to anticipate Clothing the World/LOCH crossover videos =)
    Here is the mv you've been waiting for

Clothing the World/Legend of the Condor Heroes crossover.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb0NJwBODiw

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/33otu2e.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 09-13-10 at 01:09 AM.

If I'm not mistaken, the friend that Janine asked was none other than Yuan Hong's good friend Eddie Peng(the youngest brother in Young Warriors)
    "Flirtatious"? "色" means "lecherous"!! That's not nice of "Auntie" Eddie Peng!! Now Yuan Hong is stuck with that description in all recent news articles I've read about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post

Lovely! Thanks for the link and for your amazing editing skills. You should join Tangren as a film editor LOL
    Last edited by kengyew; 09-13-10 at 01:31 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/33otu2e.jpg')
    Thank you! <3!

Janine at the premiere in Taiwan
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NziFYQv19yw/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/6homsk.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    "
    Lovely! Thanks for the link and for your amazing editing skills. You should join Tangren as a film editor LOL
    Wasn't it a nice video??..hehehe
    Unfortunately I'm not that talented and the only credit I can take was uploading the video. I didn't make the video
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 09-15-10 at 10:42 PM.

"Flirtatious"? "色" means "lecherous"!! That's not nice of "Auntie" Eddie Peng!! Now Yuan Hong is stuck with that description in all recent news articles I've read about him.
    I won't mind someone looking like Yuan Hong getting "lecherous" on me. The girls are lucky.

Hahaha...I'm sure Eddie meant it in a good way Yuan Hong does look like a harmless flirt though..

A touching and breathtaking video!!! Their chemistry is just astonishing!! Wonder if they will be a couple again soon..probably not

I won't mind someone looking like Yuan Hong getting "lecherous" on me. The girls are lucky.
    Oh..oh..me too!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

A touching and breathtaking video!!! Their chemistry is just astonishing!! Wonder if they will be a couple again soon..probably not
    I hope to see YH & LSS in 步步惊心 together. Karen Cai might just get LSS in to lock horns with the Yu Zheng/Yang Mi combi. Hahaha!

I hope to see YH & LSS in 步步惊心 together. Karen Cai might just get LSS in to lock horns with the Yu Zheng/Yang Mi combi. Hahaha!
    Wouldn't that be awesome??? But most likely not. Karen would need to pick a really strong cast and female lead to lock horns with Yu Zheng. By the way, for those who knows the story of the series, how similiar are the two stories? To what extent did Yu Zheng copied the novel??

I hope to see YH & LSS in 步步惊心 together. Karen Cai might just get LSS in to lock horns with the Yu Zheng/Yang Mi combi. !
    What does this have to do with the series? Is this suppose to be LSS new series or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    What does this have to do with the series? Is this suppose to be LSS new series or something.
    kengyew is referring to a cat fight on Sina between Karen Cai (producer of Tian Ya Zhi Nu and other Li Guo Li mainland dramas) and Yu Zheng (scriptwriter and producer of Jade Palace Lock Heart and Schemes of a Beauty). Karen Cai and Yu Zheng were colleagues (and probably rivals) in TVB. Now that both of them are in Mainland, they have become enemies. The cat fight started in beginning of 2009 over Yuan Hong then later over Yang Mi. Karen Cai bought the rights to the Tong Hua novel 步步惊心 and now is suing Yu Zheng for copying the 步步惊心 plotline in his drama Jade Palace Lock Heart. Yu Zheng flamed Karen in his wei bo. Karen threw him another lawsuit for libel.

Yang Mi is Yu Zheng's current favourite actress. LSS is Karen's favourite actress. So what kengyew is saying it'd be interesting to see Karen/LSS pitched against Yu Zheng/Yang Mi.

But LSS is not confirmed for 步步惊心. Only Yuan Hong is confirmed for 步步惊心 because the novelist Tong Hua requested that he's the male lead.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-18-10 at 01:05 AM.

For one, it would attract more attention to the series. And two, it would increase Yuan Hong and Liu Shi Shi's popularity in Taiwan(if their manager wanted to market them in Taiwan). Besides, they were already well-known from their previous series-LOCH and Chinese Paladin 3 in Taiwan. I was looking forward to the variety shows they would've been in from Taiwan, just like Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi was in.
    They got too hot to handle

Tangren must have gotten some kind of rights to do a series on Huang Dao Po. How to let YH-LSS hotness displace her? She already got displaced in this forum and all other forums about the show.

Did Taiwan broadcast the un-cut version?
    Anybody remember seeing these scenes of Lin Mufei and the princess?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2zf3net.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2ywdeue.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2z53dl0.jpg')

kengyew is referring to a cat fight on Sina between Karen Cai (producer of Tian Ya Zhi Nu and other Li Guo Li mainland dramas) and Yu Zheng (scriptwriter and producer of Jade Palace Lock Heart and Schemes of a Beauty). Karen Cai and Yu Zheng were colleagues (and probably rivals) in TVB. Now that both of them are in Mainland, they have become enemies. The cat fight started in beginning of 2009 over Yuan Hong then later over Yang Mi. Karen Cai bought the rights to the Tong Hua novel 步步惊心 and now is suing Yu Zheng for copying the 步步惊心 plotline in his drama Jade Palace Lock Heart. Yu Zheng flamed Karen in his wei bo. Karen threw him another lawsuit for libel.
    Wow, that sounds pretty intense and crazy. I didn't realize there was such animosity between them. How did they have a "catfight" over Yuan Hong and Yang Mi? As in trying to get them to act in their own dramas?