Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    aww I actually lost my Barbie doll collection after I moved. I just started a key chain collection of different places since I keep getting keychains from friends when they travel. I just don't know where to put it, I was starting to put it up on the wall.
    I used to have 12 barbies from different parts of the world, but I gave most of them away to my niece and my friend's kids. I only kept 3 most important ones that were manufactured only 1000 barbies in the world. I've stopped for a while in collecting them, but may go back into it again.

Collecting key chains eh? That's interesting. How may have to collected so far? As for my shot glass collection, I've collected most from the Midwest where I live, some in California, Florida, and some East coasts. I use to have one shot glass from Niagara Falls, but it broke along with half of my shot glasses from other states. Of course, I was devastated because I have to collect again of those that I've lost. I don't think I can get any shot glasses from Niagara Falls anymore unless I travel there...which will be A LONG WHILE.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I used to collect stamps. I possibly had 20,000 different stamps? I gave all my stamps to my niece when she wanted them. Wondering how's my "stamps" doing with my niece.
    You should ask your niece BTW, that is A LOT of stamps! wow, what are some of the stamps that you've collected? Which one was your favorite?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    You should ask your niece BTW, that is A LOT of stamps! wow, what are some of the stamps that you've collected? Which one was your favorite?
    Last week, I read an article of a guy with 400,000 stamps.
    Many different stamps from different countries. I like those stamps which are rarer at that time. One cousin was a sailor. Knowing that I was interested in stamps, he bought unused stamps from lesser-known countries such as Angola and Fuji.

Last week, I read an article of a guy with 400,000 stamps.
    Many different stamps from different countries. I like those stamps which are rarer at that time. One cousin was a sailor. Knowing that I was interested in stamps, he bought unused stamps from lesser-known countries such as Angola and Fuji.
    400,000 stamps! Wow! that's cool to collect rare stamps. Since I collect coins, I tried to collect money from different parts of the world. I do have a question though. I have this silver bar that looks like an ignot. It was my late grandmother's and she passed it to my dad, which I am keeping it for now. Anyway, I would like to know what it actually is , the history, and if there is any value. Hmm, I should take a picture of it and post it up here.
    Sim neej aws...

400,000 stamps! Wow! that's cool to collect rare stamps. Since I collect coins, I tried to collect money from different parts of the world. I do have a question though. I have this silver bar that looks like an ignot. It was my late grandmother's and she passed it to my dad, which I am keeping it for now. Anyway, I would like to know what it actually is , the history, and if there is any value. Hmm, I should take a picture of it and post it up here.
    Yes, post it up for our viewing.

Yes, post it up for our viewing.
    Here is the picture. I hope I upload this correctly.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imageshack.com/a/img911/4/HOxBcK.jpg')
    Last edited by skoo78; 03-12-15 at 02:15 AM.
    Sim neej aws...

Thanks for the picture.
    Looks like something ancient. It will be good if it is in gold.
    There are some Chinese words. Does the top "says" Flower on Top of North Lake? Cannot figure out the other two sets of words.

I used to collect stamps. I possibly had 20,000 different stamps? I gave all my stamps to my niece when she wanted them. Wondering how's my "stamps" doing with my niece.
    I used to collect stamps in 5th grade but now I lost it all. =(

I used to have 12 barbies from different parts of the world, but I gave most of them away to my niece and my friend's kids. I only kept 3 most important ones that were manufactured only 1000 barbies in the world. I've stopped for a while in collecting them, but may go back into it again.

Collecting key chains eh? That's interesting. How may have to collected so far? As for my shot glass collection, I've collected most from the Midwest where I live, some in California, Florida, and some East coasts. I use to have one shot glass from Niagara Falls, but it broke along with half of my shot glasses from other states. Of course, I was devastated because I have to collect again of those that I've lost. I don't think I can get any shot glasses from Niagara Falls anymore unless I travel there...which will be A LONG WHILE.
    Sorry to hear about the shot glasses breaking. Very devastating. I have maybe 30 keychains. My friend always buys keychains to give out when she travels. I have London, Canada, venice, Florence, and some other places. I'm thinking of starting my Barbie collection again but the barbies made today are different. I don't see them as much. I see a lot of bratz dolls. Kids now are so lucky. So many types of toys out there.

I used to collect stamps in 5th grade but now I lost it all. =(
    How did you lose all your stamps?

Thanks for the picture.
    Looks like something ancient. It will be good if it is in gold.
    There are some Chinese words. Does the top "says" Flower on Top of North Lake? Cannot figure out the other two sets of words.
    I don't read Chinese so I won't know what the characters are. Hmm..if I took a better picture and enhance the image, would that help?
    Sim neej aws...

Sorry to hear about the shot glasses breaking. Very devastating. I have maybe 30 keychains. My friend always buys keychains to give out when she travels. I have London, Canada, venice, Florence, and some other places. I'm thinking of starting my Barbie collection again but the barbies made today are different. I don't see them as much. I see a lot of bratz dolls. Kids now are so lucky. So many types of toys out there.

Yeah, it was very devastating. Wow, key chains from different countries. How fortunate! If Bratz dolls were during our time, I would've bought it. You should start your Barbie collection again and hey, we can start our own barbie forum here.
    Sim neej aws...

I don't read Chinese so I won't know what the characters are. Hmm..if I took a better picture and enhance the image, would that help?
    Yes, I can try. Though I can't remember many Chinese words today - lack of practice and reading.

Yeah, it was very devastating. Wow, key chains from different countries. How fortunate! If Bratz dolls were during our time, I would've bought it. You should start your Barbie collection again and hey, we can start our own barbie forum here.
    I don't know, I still prefer Barbie more than Bratz lolz....
    I usually like the special holiday collection ones, maybe then we can start a Barbie forum and post pictures of our dolls =)
    You just gave me an idea to start a keychain forum lolz... Or we can put up pictures of our other collections =)

I lost all the stamps when I moved during 6th grade =(

I don't know, I still prefer Barbie more than Bratz lolz....
    I usually like the special holiday collection ones, maybe then we can start a Barbie forum and post pictures of our dolls =)
    You just gave me an idea to start a keychain forum lolz... Or we can put up pictures of our other collections =)

I lost all the stamps when I moved during 6th grade =(
    I actually like to idea of posting pictures of our collections. It would be fun to see what others collect.
    Sim neej aws...

That will be really nice. I'll try to start a thread once I organize my stuff and take a picture of it =)

I'm actually in the process of buying a bicycle. Would like to bike the marathon one day =)
    Any updates regarding this endeavor? What kind of bike?

I had found one but no space to put it so had to decline the offer. Found one for $50. Need to make space in the garage when I have time ><

Catching spiders = Anyone has this hobby when they are young?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV66VQgirvA

Catching spiders = Anyone has this hobby when they are young?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV66VQgirvA
    NOOO.... SCARY!! Not my hobby at all!
    Sim neej aws...