View Poll Results: Fastest?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jiumozhi

    0 0%
  • Xiao Feng

    5 27.78%
  • Yideng

    0 0%
  • Huang Yaoshi

    0 0%
  • Zhou Botong

    2 11.11%
  • Qiu Qianren

    5 27.78%
  • Guo Jing

    1 5.56%
  • Zhang Wuji

    0 0%
  • Zhang Sanfeng

    0 0%
  • ANOTHER

    5 27.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Who is the fastest Great

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well if YG not being famous of "speed" how can he so proud claim that no one better than him (and XLN) in terms of "speed"/qinggong/lightness skill..
    "no one better than him"?
    how can u get that idea

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    At that time We have YG himself GJ Jinlun QQR OYF HYS YD ZBT and H7Q but why he only notice himself (and XLN) as the best qinggong user not others Greats..
    😶😶😶😶

    Yin Kexi and Xiaoxiang Zi had already hidden themselves amongst the tall grasses. They did not dare to breathe.

    Yang Guo kept staring, he thought, “In terms of lightness kungfu, he is not superior to Long’er or me, but he is able to carry someone on this difficult path. His strength is comparable to Reverend Yideng and Uncle Guo. How come I’ve never heard of him?”

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    In terms of qinggong YG considered himself as "the best" while in terms of power/strength he notice YD and GJ..

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    679

    Default

    in that sentence, Yang Guo never said he is the fastest/best in lightness skill.


    i think you are just too fanatic to Yang Guo, which make you blind to the words.
    i understand, because people tends too over-praise his favourite character, that's a common thing , i myself sometimes do that too.


    so lets change the words.


    this sunday night, Chelsea football club will face Southampton.
    the host ask chelsea FC if they can win the match.
    so Frank lampard, the manager of Chelsea FC, say :
    "i think yes, Southampton is not superior to Chelsea and Manchester City,...."


    does that make Chelsea as strong as Manchester City? nope.
    does that make Chelsea is the strongest club? nope... there are still manchester city, liverpool, even barcelona, bayern, etc
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-27-19 at 05:53 AM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hmm, still on this topic. How's about the legendary Greats like
    1. Dugu Qiubai - where the "first core element of the swordplay is speed". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugu_Qiubai
    2. Sweeper Monk?
    both of them are not The Greats level, but above that, so that's actually a little off-topic.
    but here is my little answer ,

    Sweeper Monk show a godlike speed in DGSD, he carried 2 men and still faster than Xiao Feng and Murong Fu.

    Dugu .... he never appear in the novel, when someone ask Sweeper vs Dugu who is stronger, sometimes i feel that it is a joke.
    so we dont know anything about his speed or how strong is he, we only know that Jin Yong once or twice said he is the strongest in his universe.

    "the first core element of the swordplay is speed" , the actual meaning of this sentence is not the actual "speed" , but you predict what your opponent next move, so if you can predict it, you can faster than your opponent.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    in that sentence, Yang Guo never said he is the fastest/best in lightness skill.


    i think you are just too fanatic to Yang Guo, which make you blind to the words.
    i understand, because people tends too over-praise his favourite character, that's a common thing , i myself sometimes do that too.


    so lets change the words.


    this sunday night, Chelsea football club will face Southampton.
    the host ask chelsea FC if they can win the match.
    so Frank lampard, the manager of Chelsea FC, say :
    "i think yes, Southampton is not superior to Chelsea and Manchester City,...."


    does that make Chelsea as strong as Manchester City? nope.
    does that make Chelsea is the strongest club? nope... there are still manchester city, liverpool, even barcelona, bayern, etc
    But don't forget he notice 2 different things qinggong and power/strength in Trilogy Gumu Pai renowned as the best qinggong under heaven as well as QZ notice as the strongest inner power method in the world (at least in L/ROCH second only to 9 Yin) so I'am not biased at all since We talk about 2 different things..

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    16 years ago with HIS on his back YG "compete" with XLN and QQR when they go to Passionless Valley so 16 years later when his internal/external art was improved drastically it's not arrogant at all if YG claimed he is the best in terms of "speed"..

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    it's not arrogant at all if YG claimed he is the best in terms of "speed"..
    but in reality, YG never said that he is the best in term of speed

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    He say "in-directly" that he is (and XLN) the best qinggong user in Trilogy..

  10. #50
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I agree with Western Eccentric that YG, at the very least, did indirectly believe his lightness kungfu was pretty good. (not sure about "best" though...)

    If you take him out of the quote, it's a little more revealing (in terms of my interpretation...),

    Yang Guo kept staring, he thought, “In terms of lightness kungfu, he is not superior to Long’er, but he is able to carry someone on this difficult path. His strength is comparable to Reverend Yideng and Uncle Guo. How come I’ve never heard of him?”

    He poses 3 people but uses different barometers for each one, implying lightness kungfu == Long'er and strength GJ/YD. aka Long'er is a yard stick. I think trying to imagine an inverse meaning where YD/GJ is actually higher level than Long'er in terms of lightness kungfu makes his statement very awkward sounding.

    Now why he includes his own name, well he obviously thinks he's around/on the same level as his teacher! Which makes sense seeing as they're from the same sect.

    At the very least, he probably does think XLN's speed is very good and his own speed around her level.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    679

    Default

    if you say so, then you agree that YG's inner energy is lower than GJ and Yideng? because in strength department, he didnt use his own name to compare.
    i dont think the subject of comparison will automatically make the subject the best.

    i dont believe his lightness skill is comparable to xiao long nu, which make him the fastest or have the best lightness skill person.


    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-27-19 at 10:44 PM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    both of them are not The Greats level, but above that, so that's actually a little off-topic.
    but here is my little answer ,

    Sweeper Monk show a godlike speed in DGSD, he carried 2 men and still faster than Xiao Feng and Murong Fu.

    Dugu .... he never appear in the novel, when someone ask Sweeper vs Dugu who is stronger, sometimes i feel that it is a joke.
    so we dont know anything about his speed or how strong is he, we only know that Jin Yong once or twice said he is the strongest in his universe.

    "the first core element of the swordplay is speed" , the actual meaning of this sentence is not the actual "speed" , but you predict what your opponent next move, so if you can predict it, you can faster than your opponent.
    Thanks for the fact about SM.
    "you can faster than your opponent." = hmm, speed?

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Took another look at the poll results. Why QQR has so many votes? If he can "walk" on water, isn't Shi Potian better?

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    if you say so, then you agree that YG's inner energy is lower than GJ and Yideng? because in strength department, he didnt use his own name to compare.
    i dont think the subject of comparison will automatically make the subject the best.

    i dont believe his lightness skill is comparable to xiao long nu, which make him the fastest or have the best lightness skill person.


    If We include XLN that's mean XLN ~ Greats but We all know though she is very powerful she still below Greats so since YG ~ XLN in terms of "speed" as I mentioned before there is not arrogant at all if YG thought his qinggong was "the best" among Greats..

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Yeeeep in terms of pure and refined internal strength YD GJ and Jue Yuan > YG..

  16. #56
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    if you say so, then you agree that YG's inner energy is lower than GJ and Yideng? because in strength department, he didnt use his own name to compare.



    I don't find it strange YG might believe GJ and YD have "better" internal or strength than him. For example, Z3F at his old age, mentioned he wasn't sure if he ever reached GJ's level.

    i dont think the subject of comparison will automatically make the subject the best.

    Sure... but if you have to take into account the purpose of his evaluation. Why didn't he just compare to GJ then lol? When he thinks of speed, he thinks of XLN/himself and when he thinks of strength, he thinks of GJ. Why do you think he has these people come to mind first?

    i dont believe his lightness skill is comparable to xiao long nu, which make him the fastest or have the best lightness skill person.
    At the very least, they're comparable. They came from the same sect, YG has had plenty of time to catch up, he has more internal.

    In fact, it'd be strange in my opinion if his lightness skill was worse EOS.


    I don't think it's unreasonable a sect specializing in lightness kungfu (or known for it) at the Great level also happens to be better at that particular skill than other Great level martial arts, unless we're a fan of equalizing everything. I think that's OK. Just because YG is potentially faster than the other greats doesn't mean he'd necessarily beat them (well really just GJ, since I think YG is head and shoulders better than the other greats).

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    I don't find it strange YG might believe GJ and YD have "better" internal or strength than him. For example, Z3F at his old age, mentioned he wasn't sure if he ever reached GJ's level.


    Sure... but if you have to take into account the purpose of his evaluation. Why didn't he just compare to GJ then lol? When he thinks of speed, he thinks of XLN/himself and when he thinks of strength, he thinks of GJ. Why do you think he has these people come to mind first?



    At the very least, they're comparable. They came from the same sect, YG has had plenty of time to catch up, he has more internal.

    In fact, it'd be strange in my opinion if his lightness skill was worse EOS.


    I don't think it's unreasonable a sect specializing in lightness kungfu (or known for it) at the Great level also happens to be better at that particular skill than other Great level martial arts, unless we're a fan of equalizing everything. I think that's OK. Just because YG is potentially faster than the other greats doesn't mean he'd necessarily beat them (well really just GJ, since I think YG is head and shoulders better than the other greats).
    Yeeeep he also the best "swordman" among Greats..

  18. #58
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Yeeeep he also the best "swordman" among Greats..
    Jin Yong himself rated Ling Wu Chung higher as a swordsman than Yeung Gor, though there might be reasons to take that view with a few grains of salt. Late in his career, however, Yeung Gor seemed to be more a palm-oriented fighter than a sword-oriented one. Other than Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Ancient Tomb Sect founder Lam Chiu Ying, however, he was the only L/ROCH era Great who primarily used a sword as a weapon. The others fought barehanded or used esoteric weapons such as flutes and specially-designed staffs.

  19. #59
    Senior Member CancerLuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Jin Yong himself rated Ling Wu Chung higher as a swordsman than Yeung Gor, though there might be reasons to take that view with a few grains of salt. Late in his career, however, Yeung Gor seemed to be more a palm-oriented fighter than a sword-oriented one. Other than Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Ancient Tomb Sect founder Lam Chiu Ying, however, he was the only L/ROCH era Great who primarily used a sword as a weapon. The others fought barehanded or esoteric weapons such as flutes and specially-designed staffs.
    Yeah, YG being the best swordsman of the greats is a nobrainer given zero? of the greats are swordsman.

    I think LHC being better than YG at swordsmanship shouldn't be too controversial a claim unless we think that automatically means LHC would beat YG in a real match. In a real match, the internal energy difference would be too much IMO, YG should still handily win.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Jin Yong himself rated Ling Wu Chung higher as a swordsman than Yeung Gor, though there might be reasons to take that view with a few grains of salt. Late in his career, however, Yeung Gor seemed to be more a palm-oriented fighter than a sword-oriented one. Other than Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Ancient Tomb Sect founder Lam Chiu Ying, however, he was the only L/ROCH era Great who primarily used a sword as a weapon. The others fought barehanded or esoteric weapons such as flutes and specially-designed staffs.
    So Yu mean QZ sword and Jade Maiden Sword better than Dugu sword method/technique (i.e Heavy and Wooden Sword)..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-08, 04:24 PM
  2. which team can beat XF fastest/easiest?
    By druid in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-07, 11:40 PM
  3. Who was the fastest of them all?
    By rabadi in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-26-06, 09:26 PM
  4. Who progressed the fastest?
    By Stance in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-15-04, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •