• Zhang Wuji

0 0%
  • Zhang Sanfeng

0 0%
  • ANOTHER

5 26.32%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the fastest Great

Incidentally, this is the part where GJ achieved his 70% of a Great status.

By being forced into an extreme situation where he was extremely motivated to ponder 9 Yin on his own and then immediately using it brought out the best in him. It seems working on his own, GJ was able to get farther than when people were trying to guide him.

As for him holding out, it's not like he was a threat against OYF and QQR at all. We've already seen in the past how even in an all out internal energy fight, a 50% fighter can hold out against a 100% for a while.

GJ had the advantage that it was mostly technique and we know L/R technique somehow literally doubles that (just not the internal energy).

Still, KC's a little too vehement as usual =P

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Still, KC's a little too vehement as usual =P
    It's Yeung Gor, man; no quarter asked, and absolutely none given.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

outright speed running, qiu qianren was the fastest through quanzhen's inner power style meant ZBT could keep up in stamina. ancient tomb speed is equal to iron palm clans speed, so yang guo after refining his inner power in the waves should be QQR's equal or maybe superior.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    By the way, may I be advised on exactly what did Qiu Qianren do in the novel that suggested he was extremely fast in short-distance traveling?
    Any takers?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The Greatest Great of them All, the Heavenly Yang Guo was a disciple of the Ancient Tomb, and lightness kungfu was their forte -- he gets the nod.

GWM: Extremely Fast
    (translated by Foxs et al)
    Fawang took his horse over and said, “Miss, please ride the horse, I’ll walk.”
    Guo Xiang said, “That’s not such a good idea.”
    Fawang laughed, “This horse has four legs but it might not run faster than my two legs.”
    Guo Xiang was about to mount the horse then she said, “Oh yes, I’m very hungry, do you have
    anything to eat?” Fawang took a bag from his back and Guo Xiang ate two biscuits from it, then she
    rode the horse.
    Fawang flipped his sleeves and followed behind. Guo Xiang thought about what he said so she took
    the reins and said, “Big monk, I’ll be waiting for you out front.” Before she finished speaking, the
    horse started galloping and charged forward.
    This horse was very swift and Guo Xiang felt the wind in her face and saw the trees flash past her.
    She turned her head around and laughed, “Big monk, can you catch up?” Then she was slightly
    surprised as there was no trace of him behind. Then suddenly his voice came from the forest in
    front, saying, “Miss Guo, my horse is not very fast, you must whip it harder.”
    Guo Xiang was extremely curious, wondering how he had gotten in front. When the horse caught
    up, she saw the monk taking huge strides forward. Guo Xiang whipped the horse and it moved
    faster, but it always remained several meters behind, not able to catch up. By this time they had
    already reached the main road north of Xiangyang. The horse was kicking up a lot of dust while
    Fawang did not stir any sand or dirt and moved like the wind.

Yideng: Even Faster?
    Wu Santong and the Fisherman were provoked by Fawang and they waved their metal
    hammer and metal ores respectively and surged forward. The Mongol archers were already poised
    to strike and were only waiting for them to get closer to shoot them down. Reverend Yideng saw
    that this was not good and jumped off his horse and somersaulted, landing in front of their horses.
    He waved his sleeves and obstructed the horses, saying, “Go back!”

I'll vote for YG since he consider no one at the "present" day could beat him in lightness skill/qinggong..
    😐😐😐😐
    By moving his body a little bit, Yang Guo was able to see the source of the voice. He saw a grey shadow running lightning fast toward the hill where they were. Very soon he could see that the shadow was actually two people: a grey-robed monk holding a youngster’s hand.

Yin Kexi and Xiaoxiang Zi had already hidden themselves amongst the tall grasses. They did not dare to breathe.

Yang Guo kept staring, he thought, “In terms of lightness kungfu, he is not superior to Long’er or me, but he is able to carry someone on this difficult path. His strength is comparable to Reverend Yideng and Uncle Guo. How come I’ve never heard of him?”

So judging by the lack of response, QQR never displayed any impressive short distance speed, it was just his reputation. And yet he has the most votes in this poll.

Someone explained in another thread that the lightness kung fu reputation of QQR and Wei Yixiao is likely attributing to them being able to perform difficult-to-do feats with ease, such as suddenly changing direction. It doesn't mean they're necessarily faster. If QQR showed no sign that he is particularly fast, I'd rather believe Greats/Elites who did.

How's about Shi Potian - i thought he can "fly" or "glance on top of water" fast. But, not sure he can be considered a "Great".

ZWJ too - his "flying" around ZM surprises the latter.

OT: Nice to "see" you, PJ.

i vote for zhou botong

Well I think if We just talk about Trilogy only Gumu Pai qinggong/lightness skill was "the best"..

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i vote for zhou botong
    He "lose" to QQR in LOCH though he bested OYF/HYS at Lin An so if We considered QQR as a "great" then he is "better" than ZBT in terms of speed..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    He "lose" to QQR in LOCH though he bested OYF/HYS at Lin An so if We considered QQR as a "great" then he is "better" than ZBT in terms of speed..

didnt what QQR and Zhou Botong compete is a far distance race?
    i think this thread is about a short distance speed not the long one (*see first post), a category that Dongfang Bubai famous for
    i feel that Zhou Botong is better than QQR in this area
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-25-19 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I thought that some time ago, there was some discussion about QQR's ability and the general conclusion is that he is "over-rated" in martial skills. But then, this thread is about speed.

btw, how about your choice , PJ , who is the fastest?

didnt what QQR and Zhou Botong compete is a far distance race?
    i think this thread is about a short distance speed not the long one (*see first post), a category that Dongfang Bubai famous for
    i feel that Zhou Botong is better than QQR in this area
    How about ZBT vs YG in terms of "speed" which better since Gumu Pai alwayz noted as the best in Trilogy..

dont know... even though Ancient tomb is renowned in speed skill, but YG has never been famous for his speed
    perhaps you can show some examples of his feats like our friends did on the first page?

Hmm, still on this topic. How's about the legendary Greats like
    1. Dugu Qiubai - where the "first core element of the swordplay is speed". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugu_Qiubai
    2. Sweeper Monk?

dont know... even though Ancient tomb is renowned in speed skill, but YG has never been famous for his speed
    perhaps you can show some examples of his feats like our friends did on the first page?
    What Yu mean "speed" general speed like running or reflect/agility during fight or ability to jump/climb..

Well if YG not being famous of "speed" how can he so proud claim that no one better than him (and XLN) in terms of "speed"/qinggong/lightness skill..