Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    i want to help translate but i'm viet and don't read or understand chinese, is it okay to translate 'viet translated' text? they tend to be really accurate following chinese-viet ppl i know.

is there a list of translated materials? since i don't want to translate sumething tat has already been done.
    There is no problem with it at all, you are welcomed to post up your translation from the vietnamese version- obviously with the information that it is from the viet translated version rather than the original chinese text.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hello, all! Despite the fact that I am newly registered, I have been a lurker for some time & really appreciate everyone's work in translating. I've particularly enjoyed the translations for The Legendary Siblings and the on-going Smiling Proud Wanderer.

Even though this is a translating thread, I'd like to volunteer my services as an editor (or final-final editor: I'm an ABC, & always did better in English & History than in Math & Science) for anybody translating - anything to help speed up the process.

Someone Please Please Please Translate The Novel Swordsmen Journeys By Gulong This Is An Absolutely Magnificent Gulong Story That I Happened To Get Hooked On Over At Wuxiasociety This Story Is Easily One Of My Favorite Novels And Im Sure Others Would Love It As Well!!!Just Thought I'd Throw That Out There Please Consider It All You Lovely Translators That Help Make The Day For Us Chinese Illiterate!!!

Default Xia Ke Xing

Can anyone tell me where I can read the continuation of Xia Ke Xing? The lastest update I have read is the tenth chapter. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Badrianto View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can read the continuation of Xia Ke Xing? The lastest update I have read is the tenth chapter. Thanks!
    HYS will continue his translation soon.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Thanks Han Solo!
    Go, Go HYS!!!

i would really love for HYS to continue translating his xia ke xing. been going back a lot of times at wuxiapedia. still awaiting continuing of this great story. HYS === please!!!

Default Duke of Mountain Deer

Hello, i am new reader for this forum. may i request for Duke of Mountain Deer translation (dont know it title in chinese language. TQ

Quote Originally Posted by gagala View Post
    Hello, i am new reader for this forum. may i request for Duke of Mountain Deer translation (dont know it title in chinese language. TQ
    Try Amazon.

Are there any Official Retail English versions of xia ke xing? and HYS still continuing with the translation?
    Last edited by lailoken; 01-19-08 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lailoken View Post
    Are there any Official Retail English versions of xia ke xing? and HYS still continuing with the translation?
    There are no official translations of XKX or OTG.

HYS had previously said that he is still in the process of editing chapter 10, and we still hope that he is not over-burdened by work to not to continue.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Has anyone attempted to translate Lu Ding Ji (DOMD) yet? I've seen multiple people translate DGSD, LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, etc. but so far I haven't seen anyone try DOMD yet. I found a Chinese version here ( http://www.qiqi.com/cgi-bin/bk2.pl?f...inyong&in=jy08 ) so you could use it if you want to translate it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Has anyone attempted to translate Lu Ding Ji (DOMD) yet? I've seen multiple people translate DGSD, LOCH, ROCH, HSDS, etc. but so far I haven't seen anyone try DOMD yet. I found a Chinese version here ( http://www.qiqi.com/cgi-bin/bk2.pl?f...inyong&in=jy08 ) so you could use it if you want to translate it. Thanks!
    Lu Ding Ji (DOMD) has been translated and is available on Amazon.

I doubt that any fan-translators will attempt another translation of the story due to its immense length and likely copyright issues.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Lu Ding Ji (DOMD) has been translated and is available on Amazon.

I doubt that any fan-translators will attempt another translation of the story due to its immense length and likely copyright issues.

Han Solo
    Oh, thank you! I justed wanted to know why such a good novel as DOMD hasn't even been attempted to be fan-translated while LOCH, ROCH has been attempted multiple times. Thanks!

someone....anyone please start translating ode to gallantry this is an awesome series and is allready half done but going nowhere for like a whole year[in six days] so please someone translate this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    someone....anyone please start translating ode to gallantry this is an awesome series and is allready half done but going nowhere for like a whole year[in six days] so please someone translate this!!!
    HYS has translated a whole heaps of stuff, that is waiting for final editing. Unfortunately, he is also been busy at work too - thus delaying things.
    He plans to resume as soon as his work situation has stabilized.
    So stay tuned for it.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Default HSDS

Does anyone has the translation of HSDS Ch 36-40? I've been waiting for this for so long.

Does anyone has the translation of HSDS ch 36-40? I've been waiting for this for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by ingridfavre View Post
    Does anyone has the translation of HSDS ch 36-40? I've been waiting for this for so long.
    Foxs is currently doing the HSDS translation- and is planning, if possible to translate to the end of the novel, and then revisit the earlier chapters.

Patience is a virtue.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

its over a year now since the last update on ode to gallantry im getting worried/anxious over here it would be nice if someone could either start translating it or edit for HYS anyways i know im sounding like a broken record but a year is quite a long time so yeaa.. .. . . . sorry if its annoying solo
    Last edited by Shi-Potian; 03-11-08 at 02:51 PM.