Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Question Liang Yusheng

Does anyone know where you can buy the book "Seven Swordsmen from Mountain Tian" by Liang Yusheng in english please ? Or any of his books? I have searched everywhere online, and can't find a single place to buy his novels.
    Please help, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
    Does anyone know where you can buy the book "Seven Swordsmen from Mountain Tian" by Liang Yusheng in english please ? Or any of his books? I have searched everywhere online, and can't find a single place to buy his novels.
    Please help, thank you.
    As far as I know, I don't think any of his stories have any published English translations at all. I think they are only available in Chinese. If you want English translations that are published then you will have to wiat for a long long time...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Please help, thank you.
    Legend of the White hair demoness has been partially translated by FaQ in this forum.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

can we have a section with all the completed translated works for easier reference?

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller View Post
    can we have a section with all the completed translated works for easier reference?
    I'll reorganize the translation links in the future.

Pls give me some time as currently i'm preparing for my exams.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Ever since i started reading a step into the past i couldnt help but feel its one if not the best novel i have ever read. and i think its a shame that such a magnificent author doesnt have any of his works being translated besides that i hope someone could do twin of brothers,lethal weapons of love and passion, or anything from him really!

Please help, thank you.
    TBH, I find his style boring and repetitive. And it seems that if you've read one of his books, you've read them all. Besides, I almost never see any discussion of his works in English. So I think there's just not enough of a popular demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    Ever since i started reading a step into the past i couldnt help but feel its one if not the best novel i have ever read. and i think its a shame that such a magnificent author doesnt have any of his works being translated besides that i hope someone could do twin of brothers,lethal weapons of love and passion, or anything from him really!
    His books are LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG.
    Last edited by Meh; 04-23-09 at 10:14 AM.

can someone plz finish translating Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear (by Gu Long) its already 39% done but the person that was previously translating hasn't updated it in several years

Default Translation request

Thanks everybody for the great translations. I think you're all very talented translators. I've been reading this forum for the last 4 or 5 years and have been greatly entertained. I think I've read every Jin Yong translation so far. I believe there are several novels started but yet to be completed. They include Demi-Gods & Semi-Demons (translated by Ren Wo Xing), Xia Ke Xing ( translated by AbHay) and Legend of the White Hair Maiden (translated by Faerie Queene). If I may make a request for the next translation please finish Legend of the White Hair Maiden. I think the plot of this novel is different from the other Jin Yong novels but still consist of the Jin Yong style battle scenes and Wulin world.

Thanks again everyone!

Hey Oldhat9-

We all wish that translation would continue, but it isn't a Jin Yong novel. That is probably why it seems so different to you. It is a Liang Yusheng novelrelated to Seven Swordsmen. I have gotten the impression that he doesn't approve of translations of his work. Faeriequeene is just from the JY group, so that is probably why you thought it was JY

We can keep hoping it will be finished, though.

Missouri.slim

At this time im hoping that we can have some more heroic effort placed on huang yi series like twin of brothers or lethal weapons!

I have recently learned that a translation was done for the novel full moon curved saber! As I only fou8nd this place [relatively] recently I never had a chance to read this great novel. [i do know abnout the wuxiasociety efforts but it seems to have died out with huge gaps in the story ]

At this point in time i would like to request that someone who archived this novel please send it to me. If possible a place to download/read this translation is just as fine please healp me!!

AFAIK, there was never a full translation for Full Moon Curved Sabers.

There are many translators over the years from junny to the rest, but the novel's translations was never completed.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I have been in this forum for very very long time (I don't know for how long). Reading all the translations and discussions. I feel guilty, because I have been enjoying lasciviously here but did nothing to contribute.

May I ask, why wuxiapedia is not updating anymore?
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Actually, you can help if you want. I remember a while ago our bold and fearless moderator, Han Solo, was planning on creating an index of ALL translation works, finished or otherwise. I understand this is a massive project, so I guess he must be inundated with other responsibilities that he has not found the time to handle the project.

I was wondering if you (or a number of 'you') would like to help compiling the list. I know there are tons of translation work out there, and it will be a pity if some of those works lost just because we do not know where they are. Any volunteer?

More like laziness i'm afraid.

I still plan to edit Noodle's original post for the wuxia translations links at some stage, maybe in the next 4 weeks or so.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Sorry, but I cannot access the Ch 31 onwards which is not good considering I have read diligently up to Ch 30. Can someone help directing me to the right page / link ?

Quote Originally Posted by boyot View Post
    Sorry, but I cannot access the Ch 31 onwards which is not good considering I have read diligently up to Ch 30. Can someone help directing me to the right page / link ?
    You are right. All the links to the foxs site had been down.

I would suggest a) reading from the translation threads in this sub-forum. If you search for it, it would probably be in page 3 or 4.

b) visit foxs link, he had a pdf file.

c) I'll try to replace all the previous posts with actual translation when i have time.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by boyot View Post
    Visit following Foxs' site. There you can donwload pdf files.
    Enjoy your reading.

http://members.cox.net/foxs/
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    You are right. All the links to the foxs site had been down.
    Oops ... sorry ... When I updated the site, I forgot that the links on this thread still pointed to the original links, which, naturally have been broken. I am going to edit the links.

Edit: I can't edit the earlier chapters because dgfds01 helped me with those. Either I will have to contact her, or I must ask Han Solo's help.
    Last edited by foxs; 07-03-09 at 09:58 AM.