Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Where do you fingd the time Foxs? You seem to have so much going on these days with the White Haired Maiden translation submitted to Han Solo, your website, the LXF translation.

I think you may be my new hero.

Missouri.slim

Thanks Slim. I am flattered. Let's just say that I found my passion. However, what you do not know is: those things you mentioned did not happen at the same time. It took me almost couple of months to finish the draft of WHD Chapter 15, in between translating LXF. And I started LXF right after I finished HSDS, in between formatting it into pdf. I set up my website quite some time ago, in between working on LOCH. So you see, I only have an hour here, ten minutes there ... you get the idea. I try to have enough material before I post it. That way I can at least try to maintain some kind of 'regularity'.

Edit: I forgot to mention that in case you haven't noticed, Odbayarb2000 helped me with the current look of the website. The previous one was a lot simpler and plainer.
    Last edited by foxs; 07-04-09 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Thanks Slim. I am flattered. Let's just say that I found my passion. However, what you do not know is: those things you mentioned did not happen at the same time. It took me almost couple of months to finish the draft of WHD Chapter 15, in between translating LXF. And I started LXF right after I finished HSDS, in between formatting it into pdf. I set up my website quite some time ago, in between working on LOCH. So you see, I only have an hour here, ten minutes there ... you get the idea. I try to have enough material before I post it. That way I can at least try to maintain some kind of 'regularity'.

Edit: I forgot to mention that in case you haven't noticed, Odbayarb2000 helped me with the current look of the website. The previous one was a lot simpler and plainer.
    In the time you have done those things I have gone to work and come home many times, but very little else (I have a four month old baby). I will have to follow your example for a while to carve out a little more time for myself.

Regardless of how or when it is done, keep it up.

Missouri.slim

Thanks Han for the info, I get the Book 4 link to continue my reading
    Also thanks to Foxs for the translation. I have read the HSDS long time ago, probably the first edition, in Indonesian language. It is good to see the updated version in English. Just wish I also can read a complete English translation of updated DGSD.

Han, do you know whether there is a plan to have a complete unabridged version of DGSD ?

Also thanks to Odbadyar for the link.

it is really great site by Foxs...hopefully it will be extended soon with DGSD and other JY stuff.

I know Wuxiapedia has this kind of objective but it is not recently updated and too many translations are not continued. I have also read SPW in a translator's website...really great.

Too bad I can't read Chinese...so I can't help translating. What I can do is truly appreciating all translators who worked hard to give us so much pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by boyot View Post
    Thanks Han for the info, I get the Book 4 link to continue my reading
    Also thanks to Foxs for the translation. I have read the HSDS long time ago, probably the first edition, in Indonesian language. It is good to see the updated version in English. Just wish I also can read a complete English translation of updated DGSD.

Han, do you know whether there is a plan to have a complete unabridged version of DGSD ?
    Unabridged DGSD thread- sure, when we got more chapters.

Btw, i'll be moving most of the posts that are not translation here to another thread in a week's time. Unabridged thread are just meant for translations only.

Thanks,

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

You know, I appreciate all the hard work translators put into sharing these works with non native speakers, it's really a great contribution.

And I don't want to taint that spirit with this offer, but I am really obsessed with trying to read the rest of that translation, "A Swordman's Journey" from Gu Long that YuFeng was doing on wuxiasociety.org. I think he is busy now with a new family, so it is doubtful the translation will ever be completed. And I really enjoy this book. I want to extend an offer of a negotiable fee to whomever wants to undertake continuing this story. It can just be for my private reading, or public posting, it is the translator's choice, as I only want to enjoy the novel. Please PM me if you are interested, and we will see if we can come to an agreement of some kind.

Hey guys, what happened to qiqi.com? Did it move?

??? It is still there. I use it for my translations
    --=={Grundle}==--

Thanks it's back again, yesterday couldn't get to it.

Are there any translations of Gu Long or Jin Yong interviews on this site, or elsewhere? Particularly Gu Long...? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Are there any translations of Gu Long or Jin Yong interviews on this site, or elsewhere? Particularly Gu Long...? Thanks.
    Hi KChill,

I don;t think that we have any GL interviews in this site. There have been a multitude of JY interviews that had been posted in the wuxia fiction subforum over the years with links too. Might need to use the search engine.

HAn Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I live in Penang, the Pearl of the Orient, famous for its hawker's food

Default translation of "Sword stained with royal blood"

Can anyone please direst me to any threads showing the english translation of "Sword stained with royal blood"?

There are none.

Default hee he hee

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    There are none.
    lol + 1 wouldent mind seeing a new translation.

I live in Penang, the Pearl of the Orient, famous for its hawker's food

Default Alamak

Can anybody be a good samatarian and translate the novel for us poor folks? Please, pretty please?

Default is that spear or sword.

cause ive read a novel something or rather stained in blood. it was like a year ago in this forum. a gu long book right ?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the JY prequel to DOMD.

i'm placing a request. i'm totally grateful for all of our translator's hard work and dedication to helping us members learn more about jy an gl's works. however, more recently, i've been googling "zhu xian." as i am not chinese, i cannot read this internet novel; however, i've encountered various website for the videogame, which has changed the storyline somewhat.

i hope someone can translate "zhu xian" as it was the number 1 internet novel of 2005 and also one of the top 10 most read internet novel of all time.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Unhappy

The Zu Mountain Saga.