Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Quote Originally Posted by kaister View Post
    I used to be pretty active loitering around the wuxia translation section here and wuxiapedia.com...lol

Nowadays....it seems so dead and wuxiapedia hasn't been updated since 2007.

What's going on?
    There has been many completed translations since 2007.

I suggest you look up the translation links.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a thread listing all current and active translations and how complete they are?

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a thread listing all current and active translations and how complete they are?
    The is a translation links in the stickies.

Its pretty near complete apart from the recently finished White Hair...

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Are you a moderator of this forum? Were you here all the time?

Sorry...I just came back. In fact, I forgot my original account.

Do you know why wuxia translation slow down all of the sudden?

I have seen wuxia translations that started all the way back to 2003 that sorta just stopped...

Hello.

I'd like to request a continuation of the work on Moon Demon and Legend of the LongSword Master, both by Huang Yi.

Hello, how would you translate this phrase? 有如要炸开来一般
    I tried to use Google translate to translate the phrase, then I tried to unerstand each word, but they still don't make sense to me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoatran View Post
    Hello, how would you translate this phrase? 有如要炸开来一般
    I tried to use Google translate to translate the phrase, then I tried to unerstand each word, but they still don't make sense to me. Thanks
    Do you have it in a bigger context?

From what you gave me:
    有 - have
    如 - like
    要 - need
    炸开来 - blow up
    一般 - typical

...so the whole phrase is: "...kind of like it needs to be blown up..."

or you can say: "...like it typically needs to be blown up..."

However, 炸开来 can be translated as "explode"...so it might be different depending on context.
    Last edited by kaister; 06-12-10 at 03:32 PM.

Do you have it in a bigger context?
    Yes.

杨过没心思跟他答话,牵着小龙女的手,走到旁边,和她并肩坐在厅柱的石础上,心里欢喜,有如要炸开来一 般,左手紧紧搂住她肩头,似乎怕她忽然又走。

Alright...

It's saying he was so happy it feels like he's about to exploded.

It's just an expression. It's like of like when you are really happy you kind of heat up and your heart beats faster.

I would translate it as:
    "...his heart felt so happy like it was about to explode..."

Quote Originally Posted by hoatran View Post
    Yes.

杨过没心思跟他答话,牵着小龙女的手,走到旁边,和她并肩坐在厅柱的石础上,心里欢喜,有如要炸开来一 般,左手紧紧搂住她肩头,似乎怕她忽然又走。
    This is how I'll translate this text:

"Yang Guo did not feel like answering him. While pulling on Xiaolongnv’s hand, he went to the side and sat down on the stone base next to the pillar with her. His heart was so happy like it was about to explode. His left hand firmly stayed on her shoulder, as if he was afraid she would suddenly leave again. "

By the way...are you translating Return of the Condor Hero?
    Isn't it like translated already?
    Last edited by kaister; 06-14-10 at 03:26 AM. Reason: oops...typo...lol

That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

It's the 3rd revision. I might make a project out of it. Since most of the 3rd revision is the same as the 2nd revision which was translated, I probably will just search for the differences, then either try to translate them myself or try to get help, getting those differences translated. Some of those differences were also already translated as well. So it's just the matter of getting the rest of the differences translated. Thus it won't be such a big project.

Default Permission to Pick Up a Translation

Hi, I'm wondering wonder I can get permission to translate BixueXiYinQiang or what's known as Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear by Gu Long.

This last translated chapter for this book was October 17, 2005, nearly five years ago.

I asked because there was already a translation thread for this book. I don't want to take over without permission.

This will be my first translation. I've been playing around with translation of majority of the past two weeks. I am feeling a bit more confidant with translating from Chinese to English. Though I must warn you I am not great at either Chinese or English.

I am starting the translation from Chapter 1. I primarily did so to see how well I can translate on my own. I'm compare my translation with BeeDreamer's translation, they're mostly the same be with slight difference. I went ahead and simply translated everything on my own. If you are interested you can compare the two. I did not read BeeDreamer's translation beside the first four chapter.

Don't worry, currently I've already translated the first 14 chapters. If I do get permission to pick this up, I'll start a new thread with my translate chapter 1-14. I will then try to finish chapter 15-39.

. I am feeling a bit more confidant with translating from Chinese to English. Though I must warn you I am not great at either Chinese or English.
    From what you translated for me, it was quite adequate. Hopefully you will help me out again with the phrases that are not so obvious to me.

Don't worry, currently I've already translated the first 14 chapters. If I do get permission to pick this up, I'll start a new thread with my translate chapter 1-14. I will then try to finish chapter 15-39.
    BeeDreamer haven't been seen around this forum for a very long time and as you have said, the last update was back in 2005. I'm sure everyone here will be very appreciative if you continue with the story. There's been several stories that was completed by a team of translators.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Hi, I'm wondering wonder I can get permission to translate BixueXiYinQiang or what's known as Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear by Gu Long.

This last translated chapter for this book was October 17, 2005, nearly five years ago.

I asked because there was already a translation thread for this book. I don't want to take over without permission.

This will be my first translation. I've been playing around with translation of majority of the past two weeks. I am feeling a bit more confidant with translating from Chinese to English. Though I must warn you I am not great at either Chinese or English.

I am starting the translation from Chapter 1. I primarily did so to see how well I can translate on my own. I'm compare my translation with BeeDreamer's translation, they're mostly the same be with slight difference. I went ahead and simply translated everything on my own. If you are interested you can compare the two. I did not read BeeDreamer's translation beside the first four chapter.

As CrazyT was saying, BeeDreamer had been gone for a while.

Please feel free to take over the translation, and i would suggest that you continue from the last posted translation.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Oh...ok, but is it alright if I start a new thread?

I don't know...I just thought it's interesting for people to see how two different people translate the same materials.

Beside, I already have chapter 1-14 translated.

Oh...ok, but is it alright if I start a new thread?

I don't know...I just thought it's interesting for people to see how two different people translate the same materials.

Beside, I already have chapter 1-14 translated.
    Sorry, i misread your previous post.

Feel free to start any thread as you desired.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Default [Request] Sanxia Wuyi

Hi, there, i'm new member here.....

Does anyone of you have the translation of Sanxia Wuyi (Qixia Wuyi), a Wuxia novels related to Judge Bao and his court team?

Thx....

NB:I found the Cinese version here, but I can't read Chinese. And please don't suggest me to buy the English translation on Amazon.

Hello, is anyone here????