Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Quote Originally Posted by wuxia_lover View Post
    Hi, there, i'm new member here.....

Does anyone of you have the translation of Sanxia Wuyi (Qixia Wuyi), a Wuxia novels related to Judge Bao and his court team?

Thx....

NB:I found the Cinese version here, but I can't read Chinese. And please don't suggest me to buy the English translation on Amazon.
    Unfortunately, these works are yet to be translated.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

forgive me if i'm in the wrong place or if this question had been asked before, but can anyone tell me that which edition is the translation of Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight (aka ROCH) in wuxiapedia? is it the 2nd or 3rd edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    forgive me if i'm in the wrong place or if this question had been asked before, but can anyone tell me that which edition is the translation of Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight (aka ROCH) in wuxiapedia? is it the 2nd or 3rd edition?
    2nd edition.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    2nd edition.

Han Solo
    Thx for answering Han.

Default Magistrate Bao translations.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxia_lover View Post

NB:I found the Cinese version here, but I can't read Chinese. And please don't suggest me to buy the English translation on Amazon.
    Which English version on Amazon? There are two. There is one by Susan Blader where she seems to only choose to translate the episodes that she believes a western audience would enjoy. There is another released by Foreign Language Press in China entitled Seven Heroes and Five Gallants that has many more episodes (I think it is all of them, but what do I know-- I'm from Missouri). The content is more complete, but the episodes are shorter and not as fully realized. I think it is translated form a storyteller's prompt book, which if I understand is how the stories were first written down. Unfortunately, you just don't get the storyteller with the book to flesh it out and make it more interesting. I read both at the same time to make comparisons.

I preferred the FLP Panda version, I prefer complete over florid.

i really like ROCH 1995 theme song but i dont speak chinese so i have no idea what the song is about. can anybody tell me where i can get the english translated lyrics of that song? thx!

with so much love/attention being placed on huang yi's ''a step into the past'' by various translators here, i would boldly like to make a request. someone please translate huang yi's ''lethal weapons of love and passion'' , ''twin of brothers'' , or help grundle translate ''legend of the longsword master''. seeing more work by this author would be magnificent, and deeply appreciated.

Are there any English translations of The Water Margin? Or is amazon the only option?

Quote Originally Posted by puff_ng View Post
    Are there any English translations of The Water Margin? Or is amazon the only option?
    Just go with Amazon. I bought it and haven't been disappointed. Not your typical "wuxia" but still a very epic story. Make sure you keep track of all the names because it can get a bit confusing.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Just go with Amazon. I bought it and haven't been disappointed. Not your typical "wuxia" but still a very epic story. Make sure you keep track of all the names because it can get a bit confusing.
    Ok thanks Grundle.

this may be a very odd/unorthodox request but would anyone be willing to translate the taiwanese light novel series "legend of the sun knight" ???? I know it is currently being translated by another group but their release schedule is super slow in comparison to the magnificent translators over here. Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by puff_ng View Post
    There is more than one English translation of this novel. Pearl S. Buck's 70 chapter unabridged translatin is entitled, "All Men Are Brothers". The older editions of this translation have gorgeous interior illustrations featuring some of the central characters in martial art poses. You might find this book in amazon. I found mind through abebooks.com. There is another 100 chapter unabridged translation entitled "The Outlaws of the Marsh". This translation is probably available through amazon, abebooks and other book search sites but if you live near a large city like Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, etc. you can probably find it in your local Chinatown's Chinese bookstore. This translation also has some older style illustrations. As Grundle has noted, this is an epic length story so you will need to keep track of the characters.

Is there an English translation for Huang Yi's "Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion"? I've found plenty of Chinese versions, but I can't read it.

Thanks

hi, i came across "Joy Of Life" by Maoni at lannyland, it is really interesting but i could find only 5 translated chapters, is anyone thinking of taking up translating from there?

thanks ahead
    Last edited by halfmad; 03-23-11 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    this may be a very odd/unorthodox request but would anyone be willing to translate the taiwanese light novel series "legend of the sun knight" ???? I know it is currently being translated by another group but their release schedule is super slow in comparison to the magnificent translators over here. Just a thought!
    The half-prince group is translating this.
    http://www.princerevolution.org/

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Default [Request]

Hello

I been reading a lot of novels here and love it.

I have a request for translation. This novel is originally Korean. I don't if there are any Korean to English translator here but I will ask anyway.

The novel is call moonlight sculptor. The story is about a guy playing a virtual reality rpg game. He do things very different from others and have a great advantage. He actually sign up for 6 different martial arts in real life so that he can fight better in the game.

Volume 1 is out in English: http://ninyave.blogspot.com/

No one seem to be translating... but I love this novel so much. It seem like of like Xiang Shaolong style where one guy is so much better then people around him.

Raws[Vol 1-19]: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DUCOIA4K

Other novel similar to it is 1/2 prince and sword art online.

Default Further reading

Love the site... read Return of Condor Heroes and Smiling Proud Wanderer. Enjoyed both immensely.
    Would it be possible to get a tidied up version of demi-gods and semi devils, i.e. a thread where is only the current official version (as far as it goes) and no extraneous comments?
    Also until this is finished, which books would people recommend next?
    Only read Jin Yong so far. I like the upright heroes, the secret techniques, strange and terrible martial arts, and the resourceful and morally flexible heroines.
    Any recommendations? Looking for finished books ideally.
    Last edited by jack_ingoldsby; 07-24-11 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo

Legendary Siblings
    The Sword & Exquisiteness
    Smiling Proud Wanderer
    Flower Guarding Bell

imo in that order

I believe he said he's already read Smiling Proud Wanderer.

How about Legend of Condor Heroes, or did you already read that before ROCH? And then the third novel in the trilogy, Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber, of course.

As for Gu Long's stories, I definitely second Legendary Siblings. You could also try the Lu Xiaofeng series.

As far as I know, I think that the unabridged threads are posted when the entire novel has been translated. I don't know if the previous DGSD translators will permit their translations being tidied up, but I can post a PDF of the entirety of Chapter 24 and do the same once I complete chapters in the future. It's kind of strange that although DGSD is one of Jin Yong's best-written and most popular novels, its translation is barely halfway complete. I blame it on the epic length and complexity of the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    I believe he said he's already read Smiling Proud Wanderer.

How about Legend of Condor Heroes, or did you already read that before ROCH? And then the third novel in the trilogy, Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber, of course.

As for Gu Long's stories, I definitely second Legendary Siblings. You could also try the Lu Xiaofeng series.

As far as I know, I think that the unabridged threads are posted when the entire novel has been translated. I don't know if the previous DGSD translators will permit their translations being tidied up, but I can post a PDF of the entirety of Chapter 24 and do the same once I complete chapters in the future. It's kind of strange that although DGSD is one of Jin Yong's best-written and most popular novels, its translation is barely halfway complete. I blame it on the epic length and complexity of the novel.
    Thanks,
    I've read both ROCH (all twelve vols) and Smiling Proud Wanderer.
    Based on the recommendations I'm planning to read Legendary siblings next.
    Yeah, by tidied up, I just meant in a single unabridged thread. A PDF or even plain text would be great, I could read it most easily, but I thought it was against the forum guidelines?
    I agree, it's a pity re the DGSD not being translated (that would would be my first choice to read next), but it is a labour of love on the translators' part, so I can't complain.