Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

To my knowledge, the translations of the second edition of HSDS found on this forum are the only ones available. The Battle at Guanming Peak I'm guessing is the same one found at this forum. Some members requested a translation of this to be done and Meh, one of our members kindly translated it.

I seem to recall that there was a english translation of the vietnamese translation of HSDS but that was only upto chapters 17 or something and I think it was from the 1st edition. Dont know what happened to that site now though.

This book has been translated into other languages, just not english! If you like comics, they I suppose you can check out the comicsone adaptation of the novel though I don't know how accurate it is and how much of the novel is done.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Ah...too bad then.Maybe someone will want to translate chapters 11+ of the 2nd edition HSDS in the future.......

It really is weird why they dont want to translate these books into english......seems logical enough doesnt it,considering english is pretty much the international language nowadays........

Default question

what happened to full moon carved sabre translation?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Junny requested that it be withdrawn from the board.

ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! how come?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Default LOCH

Where can I find English translation of Legend of the Condor Heros? thks

Default Excerpts on Xiao Feng's fights

can any1 translate his fights just like the Roch excerpts?

There are 2 or 3 topics here with translations for the big fights at Ju Xian manor and Shaolin temple as well. go look around for them.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by letalforever
    can any1 translate his fights just like the Roch excerpts?
    you can find them in the sticky

I wouldnt mind doing it if someone can post the chinese excerpts or even chapters.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

You can read some early chapters from Moin's page http://people.clemson.edu/~hmingle/novels/index.html
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Default all translations stopped?

wat happened to the translations of dgsd and the flying dagger?seems that the translation was stopped abruptly.... where can i find further translations??will the translators continue on to do the translating??

Bear in mind that some translators have school, and/or work and other things. Most of them are not doing this as their occupation, but just as something of an interest. Give them some time, and they'll resume when they get more time.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

in the meantime you can try to learn some chinese or whatever language the novel is translated into.

It wouldn't be fair, if the only the translators work. The readers should also work, it will be a less burden on translator by then.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

An introduction to written and spoken Chinese at: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/chinese.htm an good luck with that LOL

I can tell you that translating takes a lot of work. I have been wanting to translate some stuff, but due to school and other things I can't yet. I know how you guys feel, but you have to understand that people are busy. I hope that I will have a lot of time over vacation and continue translating Dagger lee. IF that goes well, then I may do other novels as well so you guys can enjoy. I am trying to convince one of my friends to help translating as well but I don't know if she will or not...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I would really like to see some stories of Zu Mountain... that would be cool... thx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I can tell you that translating takes a lot of work. I have been wanting to translate some stuff, but due to school and other things I can't yet. I know how you guys feel, but you have to understand that people are busy. I hope that I will have a lot of time over vacation and continue translating Dagger lee. IF that goes well, then I may do other novels as well so you guys can enjoy. I am trying to convince one of my friends to help translating as well but I don't know if she will or not...
    Let's not give out empty promises.

Default xiao ao jiang hu

anyone knows if lanny is continuing his work on Xiao Au Jiang Hu? or is there any other sites where i can find the complete translation?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bry4ntt
    anyone knows if lanny is continuing his work on Xiao Au Jiang Hu? or is there any other sites where i can find the complete translation?
    I wonder how illogical some people are. If there is already a complete translation online, why do you think Lanny translates XAJH?