Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Default HSDS Ch 11 onwards?

Does anyone know where I can find the translation of HSDS Ch 11 onwards? Does Meh still translate it? Pretty pleaseeeee

Default HSDS Translation

can someone plz translate LU DING JI and Xia Ke Xing into English plz?Ian liew only translated chapter 1 of xia ke xing 2 yrs ago n stopped.Many thanks.
    And it is not in every hero's heart to be the one true hero amongst heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feng Qingyang
    can someone plz translate LU DING JI and Xia Ke Xing into English plz?Ian liew only translated chapter 1 of xia ke xing 2 yrs ago n stopped.Many thanks.
    There already is a translation called The Deer and the Cauldron by John Minford. It is available at Amazon.com.

amazon.com?Isn't that an online shop for books?do we have to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feng Qingyang
    amazon.com?Isn't that an online shop for books?do we have to buy it?
    Uh, yes. You can't expect everything free.

Tian Long Ba Bu (DGSD) is showing in Singapore on Channel U soon.

May we have some translation of the story please? I've never read it before or know the story.
    Happy Birthday Yuanyuan!! (5th October)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritanto
    Tian Long Ba Bu (DGSD) is showing in Singapore on Channel U soon.

May we have some translation of the story please? I've never read it before or know the story.

http://www.spcnet.tv/jinyong/jyreadingroom.shtml

I believe there's a bit more on Monellion's webpage.
    http://people.clemson.edu/~hmingle/n...GSD/index.html

I've seen some footage of the series about to be aired on Channel U.TS Laser shop was playing it.But from the looks of it,I doubt it's that good.I think the best would be TVB's.They aired it on Channel 8 in 2000.Starring Felix as Qiao Feng and Benny Chan as Duan Yu.The Qiao Feng in this one(the one going to be aired on Channel U)is so ugly and doesn't look it,neither does Jimmy Yu as Duan Yu.The most strange one is the one as XuZhu,I don't know what's his name in real life but I was following up on the Fiery Thunderbolt(Pili Huo)series when it was aired and he was really evil there,well he did sort of mellowed down alot in the end but haha seeing him as XuZhu seems kinda weird to me.

Default Seven Swords

Hi!

I just wanted to ask, with the movie out now, if someone would be willing to translate the "Seven Sords" book(s?) into a language I understand?

Thanks in advance!

Question LOCH

Can someone translate the part of Legend of the Condor Heroes where Guo Jing, Huang Rong, Ouyang Fum(?), Ouyang Ke, and the once-leader of the begger clan are stuck on an island? If there's one already, can someone tell me where I can find it? Thanks a lot.

can someone translate xiao yi's book zhang jian xiang xi into english?
    http://www.xxsy.net/wx/xiaoyi/cjxs/

I would like to see someone take the mantle of finishing the translation of "Smiling Proud Wanderer". Lanny Lin has done an excellent job up until now, but he is now posting at a rate of 1 post per year. I am not detracting from what he has done, but I would like to see how the book finishes.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle
    I would like to see someone take the mantle of finishing the translation of "Smiling Proud Wanderer". Lanny Lin has done an excellent job up until now, but he is now posting at a rate of 1 post per year. I am not detracting from what he has done, but I would like to see how the book finishes.
    yeah, same here.
    I check Lanny's page everyday hope for some update but.....
    I hope he will continue his great work soon
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Lanny's translation has a certain air that would be hard to be captured by other translator.

He has not publicly stated that he will not continue to translate.

It is still my great hope to read a complete SOD translated by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Lanny's translation has a certain air that would be hard to be captured by other translator.

He has not publicly stated that he will not continue to translate.

It is still my great hope to read a complete SOD translated by him.
    I fully expect Lanny to finish in his own time, but my intent was to indicate that I would love to see the translation finished for the reading pleasure of all of us who have been waiting so long to see it finished. The point I was making, is that if he continues at this current rate (1 post per year) then it will take about 50 years for him to complete the work. I would like to finish it sooner than that
    --=={Grundle}==--

If you're really desperate to continue reading Smiling Proud Wanderer, you can try tackling this one:

http://www.geocities.com/hadrian_d/spw21-40.doc

This is an MS word file containing the original Chinese text + modified English translation from Altavista's Babelfish.

Try reading the part after Lanny Lin's translation in Ch. 21 and you'll see how imperfect it is. At the same time - you get a lot of the story this way. Just the brain needs to work harder at getting the meaning when reading.

You can also do a huge service to the community by straightening the English grammar and sentences - editing it so it's a lot more readable and then post your work here.

Separately, if anyone else wants to do the same thing with "Bai Ma Xiao Xi Feng" another Jin Yong's novel. This one doesn't have the original Chinese text but should be easy enough to correct grammars, spellings etc. to make it much more readable. You can download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/hadrian_d/BaiMaXiaoXiFeng.doc

Thanks.

My respect and admiration to Lanny Lin and Junzi who had started the work on the two books.

Heh. I'll give it a try at "fixing the english", since I know absolutely no chinese.

This will be interesting...

I won't promise ANYTHING AT ALL, because usually I can't read really bad translations for very long as I get headaches (I'm not exagerating here, I DO get headaches from really bad translations). It's not the translation itself that is to blame, but the poor grammar/spelling, but poor grammar and bad translations usually come hand in hand.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers
    Heh. I'll give it a try at "fixing the english", since I know absolutely no chinese.

This will be interesting...

I won't promise ANYTHING AT ALL, because usually I can't read really bad translations for very long as I get headaches (I'm not exagerating here, I DO get headaches from really bad translations). It's not the translation itself that is to blame, but the poor grammar/spelling, but poor grammar and bad translations usually come hand in hand.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun.
    After having spent a few months editing this sites translation of Return of the Condor Heroes I have some suggestions: Take the time to create a custom dictionary of the names of people, rivers, mountains and place names. With MS Word most (but not all) errors will be hi-lited. Also, for consistent errors use the replace all function in 'edit' and do global corrections. After that I used the spelling and grammar checker. Have 'fun'

Quote Originally Posted by fastclock
    If you're really desperate to continue reading Smiling Proud Wanderer, you can try tackling this one:

http://www.geocities.com/hadrian_d/spw21-40.doc

This is an MS word file containing the original Chinese text + modified English translation from Altavista's Babelfish.

Try reading the part after Lanny Lin's translation in Ch. 21 and you'll see how imperfect it is. At the same time - you get a lot of the story this way. Just the brain needs to work harder at getting the meaning when reading.

You can also do a huge service to the community by straightening the English grammar and sentences - editing it so it's a lot more readable and then post your work here.

Separately, if anyone else wants to do the same thing with "Bai Ma Xiao Xi Feng" another Jin Yong's novel. This one doesn't have the original Chinese text but should be easy enough to correct grammars, spellings etc. to make it much more readable. You can download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/hadrian_d/BaiMaXiaoXiFeng.doc

Thanks.

My respect and admiration to Lanny Lin and Junzi who had started the work on the two books.
    Actually I have tried doing this before, and I couldn't make heads or tails of what the English was suppose to translate too. A lot of the stuff you have to know (like the translation of Shaolin in English I remember being Willows and something else). I think I would need at least a rudimentary knowlege of Chinese before I could do that, otherwise I would have done it myself already
    --=={Grundle}==--