Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: translation requests and questions

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Hey! Whatchu talkin about Willis?! I loved Book 5 and Book 4 wasn't too shabby either.
    cool, a CLH book fight. I'm with brother Meh here. same with the LXF series.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Originally posted by dan J
    cool, a CLH book fight. I'm with brother Meh here. same with the LXF series.
    Really? Have you already read them all or are you going by reputation? I honestly think that CLX: Book 5 is even better than Book 2. But that's just me.

Hey! Whatchu talkin about Willis?! I loved Book 5 and Book 4 wasn't too shabby either.
    Willis? Where did you get that name?

My thoughts on book 4/5 is that they're not unreadable like 6-8 are. But they just aren't in the same league as the first three. I'd rank A LOT OF Gu Long books ahead of them. But 1-3 are classics.

Originally posted by Meh
    Eh... hasn't Athena translated them? I know it's only three. But the rest don't really matter.
    She only did a summary of the 3 books not a real translation.
    I appreciate her hard work but there an important element that's lacking in a summary compared to a translation. In a summary you get to know the plot, but you never really know what the characters are like. luna_rainbow says one of the difference between CLH and LXF is that Chor Lau Heung is a typical gentleman, reserved, gracious and charming while Lu Xiao Feng's is more street rat like in the fact that he doesn't observe formalities. He is also seen as less perceptive than CLH. CLH attracts women because he is charming while LXF attracts women because he is 'cute'.

I saw that personality in LXF when I read the translation but I didn't really see CLH's personality in the summary. I only know CLH is charming because everyone says he is.

Originally posted by Meh
    Willis? Where did you get that name?

My thoughts on book 4/5 is that they're not unreadable like 6-8 are. But they just aren't in the same league as the first three. I'd rank A LOT OF Gu Long books ahead of them. But 1-3 are classics.
    You know.... Willis? Arnold Drummond? Different Strokes? Maybe you're too young for the TV reference. You're making me feel my age!

You know.... Willis? Arnold Drummond? Different Strokes? Maybe you're too young for the TV reference. You're making me feel my age!
    Never saw Different Strokes. I guess I am a bit too young, and I don't watch much TV. My main staple is basically Simpsons and to a lesser extent, Friends. I watched a bit of Seinfeld back in the day, and several sitcoms that were eventually canceled(Sports Night and Family Guy were my favorites).

Really? Have you already read them all or are you going by reputation? I honestly think that CLX: Book 5 is even better than Book 2. But that's just me.
    I have read all the CLX books, or maybe it was 7 out of the 8 books. can't remember clearly. those are the very first GL books I've ever read. I just didn't like the Bat Prince that much.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Default End Of Roch

Can sum 1 PLZ translate the end of ROCH where Yang Guo teachs Z3F the fist in all directions kung Fu where they try to capture the thieves of 9YANGJINJING. They always cut it out of the adaptions and im curios about the details of the event thx.

I'm a newbie at Wuxia and Jin Yong. But was there actually such an event? I mean...... I'm not familiar with it. I didn't even know that Yang Guo and Z3F met.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

this is the event where Yin Kexi and Xiao Xiangzi stealing the Jiu Yang Zhen Jing from shaolin and Yang Guo help Zhang Junbao (later on called Zhang San Feng in HSDS) thwart the effort. In the end Yin Kexi have to hide the manual in the abdomen of a gorilla and later found by Zhang Wuji in HSDS and learn it for 5 years.

On his deathbed, Yin Kexi made a confession to Kunlun Bai elder He Zudao, but Yin Kexi slurred the final statement and instead of hearing "The book is in the gorilla", He Zudao heard "The book is in the oil", which mystified everyone for a century.

After this event He Zudao and Guo Xiang go to shaolin which bring the expulsion of Zhang Junbao and his master from shaolin, which later on Zhang Junbao create the wudang school and called Z3F and Guo Xiang create E Mei school using various parts of the 9 Yang manual which being memorize by Zhang Junbao sifu Jue Yuan when he managed to do a deathbed recital of the 9 Yang manual
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-22-03 at 12:05 PM.

Can anyone please translate Royal Sword Stained with Blood aka Crimson Saber?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I'd do it but I don't have time, sry.

Originally posted by anatoly_karpov
    Can anyone please translate Royal Sword Stained with Blood aka Crimson Saber?
    Yon from the wuxiaworld forums is planning to start this translation.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

nice i can go to wuxia world to look up more translations.

Question LoCH after chapter 5

So how about LoCH after chapter 5? I am a nut about reading things in order. And where do you guys get the cool pictures under your name??

Originally posted by Noodles
    Yon from the wuxiaworld forums is planning to start this translation.
    Yes.. unfortunately the names are in Korean, and I would like to get some help for Madarin names of the novel.

I would translate the last chapter of ROCH if you want.

I finished the last chapter of DGSD..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Talking Re: LoCH after chapter 5

Originally posted by shanghaimatt
    So how about LoCH after chapter 5? I am a nut about reading things in order. And where do you guys get the cool pictures under your name??
    Oops--found the avatar pix--never mind. Still looking for the translation though!!

try wuxia world they probably have it.

Talking translation fantasies!

Ni Kuang - Six-Fingered Lord of the Lute

Wang Dulu - Crane Iron

Xiang Kairen - Strange Hero (Jianghu Qixia)

Default one more...

Vol 3 of Lu Xiaofeng. The Duel? There have been so many adaptations of this story, it would be great to read it.