Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xiao Yuanshan & Murong Bo...

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Does this mean YG should beat GJ?
    I think GJ is more powerful than YG. Well, it's true YG is smart/ talented and all that but hey, he is crippled!! that's his one major disadvantage!! And GJ on the other hand has more years of practice/ experience and he has more knowledge/ experience of nine yin manual.. plus GJ was already on great's level when YG didn't even start studying martial arts.. so by the time when YG reached the great's level, it would be stupid to assume that GJ hasn't made any progress!! It doesn't make any sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    XF was just a prodigy, everything he learned he did better than others. What's there to it?
    This is the most common reason given in this forum for XF's success and while it's true for the most part but according to my observation, YG was just as talented/ intelligent/ gifted when it comes to learning martial arts but still it took him more than 40 years to reach great's level and still at his peak, he is considered to be lower than 30 year old XF's level ??

In addition, YG was trained under elite artists who were probably better than both of XF's teachers.
    Last edited by king liyar; 05-11-10 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king liyar View Post
    YG was just as talented/ intelligent/ gifted when it comes to learning martial arts but still it took him more than 40 years to reach great's level and still at his peak, he is considered to be lower than 30 year old XF's level ??
    I believe Yang Guo was around 35 years old at the end of ROCH. Also, he reached Great-level before then.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by king liyar View Post
    This is the most common reason given in this forum for XF's success and while it's true for the most part but according to my observation, YG was just as talented/ intelligent/ gifted when it comes to learning martial arts but still it took him more than 40 years to reach great's level and still at his peak, he is considered to be lower than 30 year old XF's level ??

In addition, YG was trained under elite artists who were probably better than both of XF's teachers.
    YG was intelligent and a fast learner, but I don't think he was a prodigy at fighting. XF can beat people on simple techniques alone. He bested 2 of Shaolin's elders at Juxian using only Founders Long Fist. Xiao Feng comes across as having a natural afinity for martial arts, and battle instincts. His only major technique is his dragon palms. And in application he's also very creative with it. He makes the technique strong, whereas YG was strong because of his techniques.

YG was probably just as good at learning MA as XF, but he was too much into random cool techniques when he first started and while he got plenty of flashes, there wasn't much substance. He could fool the mediocre fighters but the good ones (like Li Mo Chou) kicked his arse easily. It's only when he found Dugu's Cave that he started to focus on sh!t that matter.

XF on the other hand learned much fewer techniques from a young age, stuck to them and got really damn good at them. He wasn't distracted so much like YG was.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    YG was probably just as good at learning MA as XF, but he was too much into random cool techniques when he first started and while he got plenty of flashes, there wasn't much substance. He could fool the mediocre fighters but the good ones (like Li Mo Chou) kicked his arse easily. It's only when he found Dugu's Cave that he started to focus on sh!t that matter.

XF on the other hand learned much fewer techniques from a young age, stuck to them and got really damn good at them. He wasn't distracted so much like YG was.
    As per the discussion between Hong Qigong and Guo Jing in LOCH chapter 12.