Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Metal Grey 《刑警》

Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    This show is recommended, and i'm watching it, I'm kind of not up to date with TVB shows lately, because i like the old ones better - now i am only watching for the actors..

And in GMG - Im watching this for both Michael and Felix - (their character is interesting - and Funny -especially Michael-maybe because i just enjoy watching him in dramas (Both Michael and Felix are one of the few actors which i enjoy watching, and im glad to see them onscreen together again - I ever started liking Michael in The Legend of the Condor heroes - I like their friendship in here GMG. But hoping that it will last.

I kind of have a hunch that Felix character (Stone sir) will get corrupted - I'm hoping not -but time will tell.

I'm loving this show, and considering it is almost as GOOD as Mysteries of Love, and to be honest only watching MOL for Raymond and Tavia as a couple,
    The golden attraction of this series is the chemistry between Felix and Michael. It is unmatchable between other leads from other series. The thing I admire about them is that they have kept their friendship so well for 25 years and are able to support each other through the years. You can see a bit of that in their roles in GMG as well. They give a really realistic feeling.

I support Felix to win Best Male Lead even though it looks like he's out of contention from the recent outburst.
    Doesn't matter, I still love Felix and Michael no matter what.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I was really excited when TVB decided to film this series; however, I didn't particularly have high hopes for this cop drama and didn't expect it to turn into a grand production (which I didn't think it was anyway) or an anniversary series. Honestly, the main selling point in GMG is the collaboration between Michael and Felix as they are good friends. Also, since Felix hasn't been in a TV series for so many years, it's nice to see him back.

I feel this drama "told" its way through rather than "show" it's viewers the greyness it was trying to explore. Also, the theme of greyness wasn't that thoroughly explored since TVB wanted to focus on their the cases (which didn't turn out interesting at all as the criminals were so obvious). In addition, while the series repeatedly said how good friends Michael and Felix were suppose to be since the first episode, but I hardly felt that since after Felix was released from prison, he changed completely and didn't believe in the law. If I didn't grow up watching Michael and Felix and have seen them in so many dramas and know that they are good friends in real life, it was kind of hard to believe that their friendship is indeed so close. In terms of their friendship, this was poorly shown in the script. Furthermore, the chemistry between the cops wasn't that good either even though I like each and every one of them on their own. Oscar and Grace, whom I both like, barely had any lines and they were always background characters. Finally, I must say the alleged love triangle among Michael, Felix, and Jessica ceased to exist as Jessica only had some feelings for Felix for a short while and after he rejected her, nothing ever happened between them. Felix only longed to make up with his wife for the whole 30 eps. What a disappointment!

However, despite being a cop drama, it was pretty relaxing to watch, especially when we're all watching this at the same time as No Regrets. If you are seeking something lighthearted to watch, this is recommend. Also, Vincent Wong won over many fans with his portrayal as Carson, including me. As a fan of Nancy, I was a bit disappointed in both her character and acting as it was a bit too rigid. But Carson's character balanced everything else very well.

With that said, I think the producer relied too much on Michael and Felix to bring out the show and hoped that it would increase ratings without putting too much effort into the script. A horrible decision on the producer's side. While I agree with Felix's claims that the TVB awards ceremony is a game and a complete joke, I don't think GMG deserved any awards even if the awards ceremony was after GMG's finale. Michael and Felix did a nice job with their roles as veterans, but nothing that was unexpected of them. My vote for Best Actor would still have went to Wayne.

felix was good in this series, but i liked michael more. even then, wayne was better than both imo.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

it was an okay series. Grand production? Not at all. I put this on par with CIB files but way under Detective Investigation Files. Although this was much much better than the last year's grand production hot mess with Gallen Lo (I forgot the name).

Default song request

Anyone know the english song playing in the movie of chapter 6 when Felix is making a move to his wife and she neglected him. Phrase go something like this

life goes on each day
    but i'm still missing you
    if i only have notice
    or read between the lines
    why was i the last one
    to know the reasons why
    you can't be hidden
    i need your pretty smile
    you left without saying goodbye

Only seen the first episode, but so far this series is almost an exact duplicate of "Last One Standing", which starred Kevin Cheng and Roger Kwok.

Friend A (Roger/Michael) witnesses friend B (Kevin/Felix) at scene of the crime. A (Roger/Michael) testifies against B (Kevin/Felix) in court. B (Kevin/Felix) is convicted for a crime he didn't commit. B (Kevin/Felix) is later released and dedicates most of his time to search for the real killer/his accuser, with A (Roger/Michael) being amongst one of the prime suspects.

It's the same plot with different actors at this point. Not impressed.
    Last edited by skylee; 01-09-11 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    Only seen the first episode, but so far this series is almost an exact duplicate of "Last One Standing", which starred Kevin Cheng and Roger Kwok.

Friend A (Roger/Michael) witnesses friend B (Kevin/Felix) at scene of the crime. A (Roger/Michael) testifies against B (Kevin/Felix) in court. B (Kevin/Felix) is convicted for a crime he didn't commit. B (Kevin/Felix) is later released and dedicates most of his time to search for the real killer/his accuser, with A (Roger/Michael) being amongst one of the prime suspects.

It's the same plot with different actors at this point. Not impressed.
    Not really. The difference is that while Kevin spent the entire drama trying to weed out Roger's misdeeds, Felix and Michael proved early on (around ep 3, I think), that Michael is not one of the prime suspects - Michael is one of the good guys. Also, the series deals with Felix's warped view of justice, which is not what the Kevin/Roger dynamic was about.

I enjoyed the ride, mostly because of Michael Miu. I'm such a fan.
    玉木宏

blog

Last One Standing was too black and white. You could tell that Roger was evil from the beginning and Kevin was good. Whereas in here, you can feel for and pain for Felix as he gradually changed and see his reasoning even though how irrational he became. You can also see the depth in friendship that Michael has for Felix and their gradual separation. There is a lot of depth in all the characters except for Jessica.

click to show/hide spoilers
    At the end, despite everything, I actually still liked Stone very much because i did agree with a lot of his arguments about the law being too lenient. I love the ending of how he cuffed himself willingly and the bookmark saying the road to hell begins with an act of compassion. I think TVB was wrong to underpromote this series.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

yup, this drama is nothing like last one standing. its even arguable that Felix is not a villain at all. you can't possibly make this argument for Roger Kwok, lol. i thought it was descent.

This series love story is like a long train.

Leng Bao -> Carson -> Sze -> Mad Sir -> Kim -> Stone Sir -> Kuan
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This series love story is like a long train.

Leng Bao -> Carson -> Sze -> Mad Sir -> Kim -> Stone Sir -> Kuan
    Everyone has someone they like/love and they have someone who crushes on them.

I felt Stone Sir's change was too fast. I wouldn't say it's abrupt, since it's budding during the rose murder case. But the speed of change escalated very fast during the drunk drive case and completely changed by the time of the rotten drug addict case.

The ending was too happy for my tastes, hate these TVB endings. I found myself agreeing with most of Stone Sir's actions until the last few cases or so when he took it a bit too far. I preferred the plot of LOS over this.

Despite Stone's too fast change, I still think this is quite a good series. At least, the plot is controversial. It let people think. My mom and me has different POV. My mom felt that Mad Sir is too strict and put all the criminals' death on Stone Sir. But, Stone really has a hand in those death. But, my mom blame Mad Sir..
    She said it's Mad Sir who caused xxxx's death, not Stone Sir (she has watched the whole series, I have not).
    My mom sympathise with Stone and feel that Mad is not sympathetic enough. But, I think differently. Stone is walking time bomb. Mad has to stop him for he will step deeper and deeper and caused harm to himself and others, just like that underground judge for the drunk driving case.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-06-11 at 08:36 AM.

I also like their fact that the series shows good outcome for some of Stone Sir's action. It made viewers more difficult to judge.

About Michael and Jessica, I had a really hard time watching their intimate scenes....it's like watching Chor Lau Heung and Jessica...errr...and the fact that I know he's married with two kids AND he's older AND how awkwardly they kiss...its just so difficult to watch. Anyone got the same reaction?

What does everything think of Mad Sir's action? Should he be tailing and trying to hard to catch Stone? Did he push Stone to the dead end and indirectly cause xxx's death?

I'm still more on Mad's side, but, I understand Stone's POV from his past history. I feel sorry for him. I can feel his pain after xxx's death.

Watching episode 29.

When can the spoiler tag problem be fixed?

Quite a dilemma. I really hope Stone won't get caught. I pity him. He just came out from a 15 years wrongful conviction. He is also in quite a dilemma. He still has righteousness in him. He doesn't want to kill people who does not deserve to die. But, at the same time, his kind of underground justice is quite dangerous, him taking the law into his own hands.

I think Stone sir story is similar with Louis koo story in the movies The Masked Prosecutor ,however Louis koo have more tragics end than Felix Wong stone Sir ,Stone sir at least don't die at the end while Louis koo went tatoo in his face at the end and shoot death by the cops.
    http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/masked_prosecutor.htm

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m...prosecutor.htm
    Michael Mui are a cop who know that a cop job is to catch the criminial ,guity or innocent are for judge do decided ,not the cop decided .

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    About Michael and Jessica, I had a really hard time watching their intimate scenes....it's like watching Chor Lau Heung and Jessica...errr...and the fact that I know he's married with two kids AND he's older AND how awkwardly they kiss...its just so difficult to watch. Anyone got the same reaction?
    OMG! I felt the same way! Mad Sir was first role in recent history for Michael Miu (in my eyes) that reminded me of the wonderful playfulness of Chor Lau Heung. Then you can't help but think Jessica Hsuan was like 10 at the time. blechhhhhh

I feel like some onscreen couples age (or de-age) each other. Jessica and Michael definitely seems to "age" Jessica than "de-aging" Michael.

Its like when they pair Moses Chan with Charmaine - he once played her dad years ago??