Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: The Sandra Bullock Trade

  1. #21
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    alexander the great : gay
    voltaire: in the book, candide marries and spends the whole book trying to get back to her. i think she dumps his a$$ in part 2. i don't remember.
    oscar wilde: gay

    i can't speak for the others. i think michael jordan was married and his wife was behind him during his success.... and even his gambling problems.
    As you see, the gay guys did not need women to succeed.

    Voltaire the author, not Candide the character.

    Michael Jordan's wife divorced him & stole half his wealth. It's a very famous case to warn men never to get married. It had the record of being the most costly divorce ever until that one-legged wh0re divorced Paul McCartney.

    ###

    Guys, stop getting your panties in a twist over TC.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  2. #22
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    but those are all the wrong women ahaha. heather mills, yoko ono, david beckham's spicegirl wife.
    I wouldn't pin the blame on Michael Jordan's wife, because he's an ***.

    linda mccartney on the other hand was an example of a good wife.
    pretty sure richard branson, jamie oliver have wives.

    but I do get your point about women trading career for men. That's because 90% of the things they talk about, think about, do are in some way related to men.
    Last edited by KeongJai; 03-31-10 at 09:22 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Linda McCartney was good, but Paul became great without her.

    Same with the other guys. Sure they might say something to placate their wives in public but objectively do you really think their wives contributed much to their greatness?

    I don't know whether M Jordan was an arsehole or not, but that's not an excuse for his wife, who contributes zip to his wealth, to steal half his sh!t.

    but I do get your point about women trading career for men. That's because 90% of the things they talk about, think about, do are in some way related to men.
    That's very true. What I was saying was this:

    - Man can't trade career for women, because right after he made the trade, he'd lose his woman. Remember, women marry up.

    - A woman OTOH can succeed in such a trade, because men don't care about her career, which would only get in the way of a serious relationship & raising a family together.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Asked in all honesty...Trien Chieu, are you a Republican? Just curious.
    I am a Canadian Citizen so no I can't be a republican. If I am an american citizen then I might. However, I am definitely not a marxist as I hate their ideology and would never support marxist leaders like Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Kim Jon Il. ByTmE, how about you?? What do you think about marxism? Do you support marxist leaders?

  5. #25
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    From a medical point of view, there really isn't anything of a greater accolade than curing cancer/AIDs. To have TC blow it off, because it doesn't benefit him (I mean who doesn't know someone who struggled with cancer?), is an insult to human endeavour.

    Seriously, ban the troll already. Sure there's a slight chance he might actually be sincere in his retarded comments, but when is that benefit of doubt become overdue?
    As unintelligent as his posts can be, TC doesn't deserve a ban.... as yet. He does have the rights to express his POV even if his posts may elicit retardedness or is about his commitment to self-loyalty.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  6. #26
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Sure they might say something to placate their wives in public but objectively do you really think their wives contributed much to their greatness?
    That's not my point. If you need a woman to help you with the actual work towards your goals then you're not really that great to begin with.
    My point was that it's easier when you have a supportive woman behind you, than without one.

  7. #27
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    - Man can't trade career for women, because right after he made the trade, he'd lose his woman. Remember, women marry up.
    ahaha you are more cynical than I am.

  8. #28
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I am a Canadian Citizen so no I can't be a republican. If I am an american citizen then I might. However, I am definitely not a marxist as I hate their ideology and would never support marxist leaders like Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Kim Jon Il. ByTmE, how about you?? What do you think about marxism? Do you support marxist leaders?
    :: ..sOrrRry. I just woke up from a refreshing 7 hour nap. Unfortunately, I'm all bleary eyed now. What's this about marxist leaders? I thought I was making a comparison between Hun Sen and Pol Pot, and came to the conclusion that neither of them were good. Just because the former does not claim to be the head of a marxist nation doesn't mean his actions prove otherwise. And of course, in the case of Pol Pot, he was responsible for the genocide of about 1.7 million [1.8? contested figures] fellow Cambodian people of which 18 were related to me.

    It's personal, not political.

    That's not my point. If you need a woman to help you with the actual work towards your goals then you're not really that great to begin with. My point was that it's easier when you have a supportive woman behind you, than without one.
    I concur. I wonder if some people are just more disinclined to believe in the wonderful goodness that the right woman can bring/do for the right man in her life.

    - Man can't trade career for women, because right after he made the trade, he'd lose his woman. Remember, women marry up.
    ...doesn't this then make her not the right woman [Trinity] that KeongJai [Neo] was specifically referring to? Obviously, she's not The One.

    Candide has never been one to care about political correctness.
    I'd rather thought so, but I just wanted to point it out in awkward disbelief. It had inspired my second "WTF?" moment right after this comment...

    This is not what I wish for. It doesn't benefit me. I have neither cancer nor AIDS.
    Holy smokes Batman...

    It's the fifth guaranteed thing in life, after death, tax and two other things I can't tell you (because I'd have to kill you).
    ...cop out answer!!! You should tell...well I'll just humor you then. I believe that there are many things that Candide knows and won't tell us [unbelievable] because than he'd have to kill us.

    The power of romantic love [...or the pussy, as once so crudely stated] sure is a contested and well loved topic in this thread, if not board, overall.
    I like me.

  9. #29
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Linda McCartney was good, but Paul became great without her.

    Same with the other guys. Sure they might say something to placate their wives in public but objectively do you really think their wives contributed much to their greatness?

    I don't know whether M Jordan was an arsehole or not, but that's not an excuse for his wife, who contributes zip to his wealth, to steal half his sh!t.

    That's very true. What I was saying was this:

    - Man can't trade career for women, because right after he made the trade, he'd lose his woman. Remember, women marry up.

    - A woman OTOH can succeed in such a trade, because men don't care about her career, which would only get in the way of a serious relationship & raising a family together.
    So, Candide, according to you, it seems that women are useless. Why not make a wish (when you meet a shooting star) that all women shall extinct since men, in your opinion, can take on this world single-handedly? It's better off if female species doesn't exist, no?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  10. #30
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    The power of romantic love [...or the pussy, as once so crudely stated] sure is a contested and well loved topic in this thread, if not board, overall.
    "Love is a fragile, corruptible thing. And yet I have seen it evince a curious strength. It is beyond any comprehension. Love is a weakness that once in a great while triumphs over strength. "
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    So, Candide, according to you, it seems that women are useless. Why not make a wish (when you meet a shooting star) that all women shall extinct since men, in your opinion, can take on this world single-handedly? It's better off if female species doesn't exist, no?
    I think Candide is of the opinion women are more productive working on their back than on their feet.

  12. #32
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    ^If that is what he thinks, then it's either women should better not exist or Candide is incapable of thinking straight.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-01-10 at 03:42 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Feminist rationalization is annoying, I don't blame him. People keep coming up with shit like "Behind every great man is a woman" bullshit. There are women that are good at certain things, there are men that are good at certain things.

  14. #34
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Jumping into conclusion is annoying. So is men who think with the under head instead of the upper one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    People keep coming up with shit like "Behind every great man is a woman" bullshit.
    That, isn't the point.

    There are women that are good at certain things, there are men that are good at certain things.
    THAT, is the point. But, is he accepting that? Besides the "back" thing??
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-01-10 at 03:46 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  15. #35
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Feminist rationalization is annoying, I don't blame him. People keep coming up with shit like "Behind every great man is a woman" bullshit. There are women that are good at certain things, there are men that are good at certain things.
    That wasn't my debate with him. his point was women hold men back from their aspirations and potential and mine was that they don't, if yours is then you should get rid of her.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    This thread is now full of eels, I mean, feminist traps.

    Guys, if you think you can make the trade, go ahead and quit your job, see how fast your woman dumps you.

    Girls, if you think your guy can make the trade, go tell him he should quit his soul destroying JOB (yes men have jobs, women have careers because we need nicer words to make women feel good) and enjoy himself. See how fast you feel disgust with him.

    Banh Mi, you have no imagination at all, mate. Women can sometimes be more enjoyable with both their feet and back off the ground. Clearly you have not dated a gymnast. And we have got to mention the knees and palms...

    Now will you guys & girls argue my points, or are you all set to put your own interpretations on it and get the lines from The Book of Shaming Men ready to shoot at me?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  17. #37
    Senior Member remember_Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    3,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    This thread is now full of eels, I mean, feminist traps.

    Guys, if you think you can make the trade, go ahead and quit your job, see how fast your woman dumps you.

    Girls, if you think your guy can make the trade, go tell him he should quit his soul destroying JOB (yes men have jobs, women have careers because we need nicer words to make women feel good) and enjoy himself. See how fast you feel disgust with him.

    Banh Mi, you have no imagination at all, mate. Women can sometimes be more enjoyable with both their feet and back off the ground. Clearly you have not dated a gymnast. And we have got to mention the knees and palms...

    Now will you guys & girls argue my points, or are you all set to put your own interpretations on it and get the lines from The Book of Shaming Men ready to shoot at me?
    How is it that people could argue your point when one point come more distorted than the other?

    No, I don't read anyone shaming men but obviously it appears that your posts which ridicule women are manifesting this thread.

    I'm trying to save you from facing the fate of becoming a MCP. So, it's up to you to save yourself.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

    I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

  18. #38
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    I think you're thinking too deep into things and too extreme.
    Nobody's saying quit your job and be a bum for a woman.
    I guess that's why you have the view of the women leaving you for upgrades.

    There will come a point where that extra $100k isn't worth it. Whether you have a family or not.
    No woman worth keeping is going to leave you because you earn $150k instead of $250k. But many women worth keeping will leave you if you only come back home 3 or 4 times a year.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi
    Feminist rationalization is annoying, I don't blame him. People keep coming up with shit like "Behind every great man is a woman" bullshit. There are women that are good at certain things, there are men that are good at certain things.
    The original philosophical pondering was "Behind every great man is a woman that he could not get." Feminists cut out the last part in bold. It's how they roll.

    If you remember the often quoted line "Women make 75 cent to a man's dollar" by feminists, the second half of that quoted research was "...for doing 70% of the work."

    Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    That wasn't my debate with him. his point was women hold men back from their aspirations and potential and mine was that they don't, if yours is then you should get rid of her.
    I agree with you.

    What I said was that women - I'm referring to wives and girlfriends here, because mothers have a great role in this - have nothing to do with a man's achievements. At best they don't disrupt him. Often they distract him and add extra responsibilities on his shoulders.

    An old wise man once told me: "Women at best can be 30% of your happiness in life, but at worst they can be 99% of your misery."

    Quote Originally Posted by cedric
    So is men who think with the under head instead of the upper one.
    Women should pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that men keep thinking with their dicks, because if men start thinking with their Northern brains, women would be in serious troubles.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  20. #40
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I think you're thinking too deep into things and too extreme.
    Nobody's saying quit your job and be a bum for a woman.
    I guess that's why you have the view of the women leaving you for upgrades.

    There will come a point where that extra $100k isn't worth it. Whether you have a family or not.
    No woman worth keeping is going to leave you because you earn $150k instead of $250k. But many women worth keeping will leave you if you only come back home 3 or 4 times a year.
    "Men cannot go backwards sexually. Women cannot go backwards in lifestyle." - Chris Rock.

    I'm sure you're right for some women, but you're catching a bit of that Not All Women Are Like That syndrome from the Sisterhood.

    As for me looking into the extremes, ask yourself this question: How many men would leave their wife if she quits her job tomorrow and chooses to stay at home (i.e bum)?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Similar Threads

  1. China overtakes EU as Iranís top trade partner
    By polaris in forum World Happenings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-10, 12:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-09, 08:44 AM
  3. The Trade
    By Ren Wo Xing in forum Fan Fictions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-08, 12:26 AM
  4. You're the Head Abbot of Shaolin: do you make this trade?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-07, 08:56 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-05, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •