Thread: Predators

Default Predators

Ok, a little Hollywood pop quiz for you big screen aficionado.

Which iconic sci-fi/horror picture made famous the phrase: "If it bleed...we can kill it!"

thread reader 1: Kevin Costner Field of Dreams!!!

thread author(me): No, stupid! you're thinking: "If you build it, he will come"

thread reader 2: Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator!!

me: ding, ding, ding! How'd you guess?

thread reader 2: Oh the first hint was the thread title!

me: Well i bet you don't know this. A new Predator movie will soon hit theater!

thread reader 2: Well shoot me in the thigh and rape me in the alley! do tell!

In 1987, Predator, a story about an extraterrestrial hunter that was sent to Earth to make trophies of it's inhabitant lambasted the big screen. Lead by by an allstar cast with governor Schwarzenegger himself at the helm, it became one of the biggest blockbuster of that year. So big, in fact, it earned itself a sequel as well as a couple of crossover projects with another sci-fi icon: Alien. The franchise had it's ups and downs and this summer, it will take another shot at us...uh...i mean the big screen.

Directed by Robert Rodriguez, of Dusk Till Dawn and Grindhouse fame, this new chapter boast another allstar cast with Adrien Brody as lead.

Official Synopsis:

The film stars Adrien Brody as Royce, a mercenary who reluctantly leads a group of elite warriors who come to realize they’ve been brought together on an alien planet… as prey.

With the exception of a disgraced physician, they are all cold-blooded killers – mercenaries, Yakuza, convicts, death squad members – human “predators” that are now being systemically hunted and eliminated by a new breed of alien Predators.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://starseeker.com/wp-content/gallery/predators/predators-movie-2010-2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://starseeker.com/wp-content/gallery/predators/predators-movie-2010.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://starseeker.com/wp-content/gallery/predators/predator-2010-on-set.jpg')

trailer

official website

I got around to watching Predators. My brother had it on his hard drive. I was very disappointed with how they portrayed the race of the Predator. I mean, if you watch the others, despite being killers who hunt for sport, they have some rules to uphold honor and integrity in battle. This one just totally ruined that image. They could have delved more into the "blood feud" too. Adrian Brody was okay, but whenever I caught a glimpse of his profile, I just kept getting shocked at how long the nose was. In addition, Topher Grace's [?] character, the doctor, was so redundant and predictable. Alice Braga's character was dumb. In theory, a female Israeli sniper is quite awesome, but her development was just disappointing. She was such a bleeding heart. You guys ever watch NCIS with the character Ziva? Now SHE'S AWESOME!

And WTF @ Laurence Fishburne!
    I like me.

2 words - Dumb Movie