Thread: Blood Parrot (血鸚鵡) by Gu Long

Junior Member Auxiliary Alternative's Avatar

Default Blood Parrot (血鸚鵡) by Gu Long

Hi everyone,

I've lurked around for quite awhile as a guest, enjoying many of the great translations here. So I decided to join in on the fun. =D

Blood Parrot is a loose prequel to Ming Jian Feng Liu (remember the Parrot guy who kept repeating people's words?). That's what I've been told anyways.

Enjoy!

---------------------

Chapter One: A person with no concern for his life - 1, 2
    Chapter Two: Ironclad hatred clothed in black - 1, 2
    Chapter Three: Stunning revelations about Parrot Manor - 1, 2, 3
    Chapter Sixteen

---------------------

I'm a slow translator. This is my first attempt! My knowledge of Chinese history/culture isn't great either. It's quite possible that I'll miss the idioms/references that Gu Long may use. I don't think I've missed any so far. I'll try my best.

I'm using the version from qiqi.com. Spelling errors, I can catch. Missing or mis-arranged sentences, I cannot.
    Last edited by Auxiliary Alternative; 05-27-10 at 10:57 AM. Reason: adding link

Chapter One: A person with no concern for his life

It is said that all demons and ghosts of the nether realm don’t have blood.

This is not true at all.

Ghosts don’t have blood, but demons do.

Demon blood.

It is said that one time in order to celebrate the one hundred thousandth birthday of the number one demon of all the realms of hell, they used their blood to create a parrot as a special gift.

One hundred thousand demons, one hundred thousand drops of demon blood, merged to create one Blood Parrot.

It is said that this parrot could not only reveal any secret under the heavens, but also grant a person three wishes.

Only when you catch sight of it, catch of hold it, will it then grant you those three wishes.

No matter what kind of wishes they are, it will be granted to you.

It is also said that this parrot only descends the earthly realm once every seven years and that people have really seen it.

And it really did grant people three wishes.

The last time it descended the earthly realm has long past, and another seven years as well.

--------

A clear, bright morning in early autumn.

Majestic sunlight shined directly on the exquisitely carved windows inside the room of Hai Longwang.

At that very moment he was enjoying a lavish and ample breakfast. His heart felt extremely pleased.

In front of him was a spacious, soft, exceptionally gorgeous and comfortable bed.

The young girl on it has fallen fast asleep.

She was still completely naked. Her delicate slender waist, soft long legs, and pair of breasts. She looked like an early spring flower bud.

She was still just a child. A child, ravaged before given the chance to bloom.

Hai Longwang liked this type of girl, to hear them scream and moan, to watch them underneath his body, struggling in agony.

She was sleeping now, only because she suffered for far too long and wept for far too much.

Her snow white body curled around in the purple satin sheets, looking even more delicate and helpless. Enough to melt a heart of ice.

Once Hai Longwang finished his rice ball stuffed with sliced raw shrimp, he wiped his mouth clean with silk handkerchief.

He liked eating raw fish and live shrimp, a custom he learned ever since his early days of wandering the seven seas.

This type of food always gave him plenty of vitality.

So the moment he saw this girl on the bed, a sudden lust swelled up inside his body.

He always felt very proud of this attribute.

A fifty six year old man still with this kind of prowess was definitely a matter worth being proud of.

In recent years, he has limited the use of this prowess exclusively to the bedroom. It’s been many years since he’s fought anyone.

Only because it wasn’t necessary.

Ten years ago he scoured throughout the oceans and pillaged a massive fortune and built himself this Seven Seas Manor. [1]

With ten years of extensive expansion, this place was now not only as beautiful as an imperial palace, but also absolutely impenetrable.

The security inside was exceedingly strict. Each of his guards were carefully selected by his own hand.

He also has a loyal crew of comrades back from his ocean wandering days. Each one and everyone would be willing to die alongside him.

His enemies have come searching for him before, trying to settle old debts. Usually they couldn’t even so much as lay eyes on him before dying under the blade of a saber in their search.

Therefore in recent years, no one has come.

--------

Majestic sunlight, clear and sunny, filled in the midst of the fresh air was the scent of flowers and the fragrance of a maiden’s body.

His mood was even happier as he once again prepared to enjoy the rear of this young girl’s fresh body another time. Arriving again inside the city, searching out a lover for the night. [2]

The young girl suddenly awoke, her delicate body curled up into a ball, her eyes filled deeply with sorrow and dread.

Hai Longwang cracked a smile. He slowly approached her and said “Don’t be afraid, you’ll enjoy it this time around.”

She gritted her teeth, staring at him.

She hated this person to death, but she knew resisting was pointless.

Just when his large rough palms once again clutched onto her delicate smooth breasts, she couldn’t help but shout out curses: “You…you…you will definitely die a horrible death.”

Hai Longwang laughed out loud, and said: “I will die a horrible death? How could anyone come in here and kill me?”

The sound of his laughter was filled with confidence. He believed this was an absolutely impossible task.

But at that very moment, someone behind him suddenly said: “There is. I guarantee you that there is definitely someone who will come in here and kill you.”

His confident laughter suddenly stopped.

Hai Longwang quickly turned around and saw Wang Feng.

Even though he was tall and muscular and his belly was also starting to bulge out, his movement was still as agile as ever.

Wang Feng sized him up, just like the way a butcher sizes up a plump pig before the slaughter.

Compared to Hai Longwang, he was much more calm and much more confident.

His clothing was entirely stained in fresh blood. His complexion had a deathly paleness just as if he had a terminal illness.

Yet he still charged in.

Amid the heaviest guarded parts of the Seven Seas Manor, he paved a trail of blood and barged into Hai Longwang’s forbidden grounds.

Hai Longwang tried his best to look as calm as possible, but his two hands were already ice cold, he said: “How did you get in here?”

Wang Feng said: “I used two legs to walk in.”

Hai Longwang suddenly shouted: “Guards!”

Wang Feng said: “You don’t need to shout and holler. I guarantee you even if you shouted ‘til you lost your voice, no one would come.”

Hai Longwang gritted his teeth, “Don’t tell me that all the guards outside have been completely wiped out?”

Wang Feng said: “Not completely wiped out, some ran away too.”

Hai Longwang forced a laugh, “How can a lone person, such as you, have such a high capability?”

Wang Feng said: “I only have one kind of capability.”

Hai Longwang couldn’t help but ask: “What kind?”

Wang Feng said: “I dare to risk my life.”

He really did dare.

There weren’t many people in this world that would really dare risk their life. Those that weren’t afraid of death were even fewer.

That’s how he was able to pave a trail of blood.

Hai Longwang already started to feel a bit nervous. He could tell this young man’s words were not a lie.

Wang Feng: “Actually, your death can’t be considered an unjust. You should’ve died a long time ago.”

Hai Longwang hesitates, “If what you want is money, no matter the amount, all you have to do is open your mouth.”

Wang Feng did not.

He could tell Hai Longwang had intentions of stalling time, waiting for an opportunity. A person who’s fought through hundreds of battles, brushing in and out of death who knows how many times, would definitely not surrender so easily.

Hai Longwang’s feet shifted silently as he said: “Who exactly are you?”

Wang Feng calmly said: “I’m just a person with no concern for his life.”

He really had no concern for his life.

Only a person with no concern for his life would dare do these kinds of things.

Hai Longwang suddenly roared out loud, as he charged his body forward. A strangely shaped and extremely heavy curved saber appeared in his hand.

This was the weapon he used to scour the seven seas, who knows how many heads were chopped off with this saber.

His saber swung towards Wang Feng’s head, aiming to chop it off.

Wang Feng didn’t move his head and didn’t dodge, because a short sword had already stabbed into Hai Longwang’s stomach.

The edge of Hai Longwang’s saber nearly reached the top his head, yet his complexion didn’t change at all nor did he even blink an eye.

His nerves were like steel wires.

As Hai Longwang fell to the floor, he was in a state of shock as he looked at him.

Originally, Hai Longwang would rather die than believe that there were people with no concern for their lives, but now he believed.

When his curved saber fell into the hands of Wang Feng, Wang Feng’s short sword had already nearly stabbed completely into his stomach.

But he wasn’t dead yet. Still gasping for air, he said: “I have money, lots and lots of money, much more than you can ever dream of. It’s all hidden away in a secret place which only I know the location. Spare me and I’ll bring you there.”

He wanted to use money to buy back his life.

Wang Feng’s answer was very simple and very straightforward. A saber chopped down on his head.

A person with no concern for his life, what would he want money for?

The young girl on the bed suddenly jumped off and, on top of his corpse, viciously kicked him with her foot as tears rolled down her cheeks.

She despised this man.

Although this man was now dead, her life was forever tarnished.

Wang Feng didn’t even lay a single eye on her. He only calmly said: “Get dressed, I’ll lead you out.”

--------

A ruined old carriage, a feeble old carriage driver.

The horse and carriage weren’t Hai Longwang’s. All the things inside Seven Seas Manor were not even moved an inch.

He wasn’t there to rob. He was there to eliminate evil.

When he first arrived, he had no certainty. Even if he risked his life, he couldn’t allow this wicked man to live.

The young girl kept crying even when inside the carriage.

He stood outside near the rear of the horse carriage. Only until the sound of her crying slightly lessened, did he from the outside ask: “Where do you want to go?”

She continued to cry, not answering.

“Where’s your family?”

She finally said: “I…I’m not going back.”

“Why?”

“I’ve already been betrothed. If I were to go back, they would not want me. How can I ever face anyone again?” She started to cry again. Her hand suddenly swung out of the carriage and latched onto Wang Feng’s arm. “I’ll go back with you, be your servant, be your slave. I’ll be willing to…”

Wang Feng coldly laughed, “Go back with me? You know where I’m going?”

“Wherever you go, I will follow you.”

“It’s a pity I don’t have anywhere to go.”

“You don’t either?”

The young girl looked at him, his deathly pale face, and her eyes filled with sympathy and compassion.

She suddenly realized this person was just as worthy of sympathy as she was.

Wang Feng didn’t look at her and suddenly pulled out several ingots of silver and threw them into the carriage.

It was enough for her to survive.

The young girl said: “What…what are you trying to say?”

“What I’m trying to say is that, from now on, you go your way, I go my way.”

“Where can I go?”

“Go wherever you want, it has nothing to do with me.”

He walked off as soon as he finished speaking.

The young girl’s eyes filled with tears and cried out: “Is your heart really this cruel and callous?”

Wang Feng didn’t look back.

He was already quite far away. He couldn’t even hear the sound of the horse carriage anymore, or the cries of the young girl.

Sunlight filled the sky.

A glimmer of light seemed to appear on his pale face, the glimmer of a tear.

A heartless person with no concern for his life. Why would such a person shed tears?

Dusk.

--------

When noon came he started to drink liquor, liquor of the poorest quality, but also of the hardest.

He was already very drunk.

He rushed out of the old wine shop and into a dark alley, pulling along with him the repulsively ugly and sly-looking owner. “Find me a woman, find two. Any kind of woman will do, as long as she’s breathing.”

He found two women.

These two women were women who couldn’t even be considered women. Life’s hardships had toiled these women beneath normality. [3]

Afterwards, he started to vomit on the dirty and old, wood plank bed, nearly vomiting his entire stomach empty.

He then went to find more liquor.

It was late night already. On the street, not a soul could be seen. Lantern lights were even fewer.

The clear night sky suddenly became shrouded in fog, with no moon and no stars.

An eerie lit night, an eerie shrouded land.

Dazed and fuddled, who knows how long or where to he staggered.

Wherever it was he was walking to, he didn’t care.

The night grew eerier, the wind grew colder. In the distance beyond a grave mound came into sight.

All of a sudden, something flew out from the mound. It was a bird.

[1] - Hai Longwang translated is Ocean Dragon King. Seven Seas Manor, eats live shrimp, I think you get the picture.
    [2] - This is a figure of speech I believe. For what? I'll leave to your imagination.
    [3] - i.e. They're really ugly.
    Last edited by Auxiliary Alternative; 04-01-10 at 07:49 PM. Reason: sigh, i should really proofread more

Thanks for taking the time to try your hand at translating and picking up a new series, I for one am deeply appreciative!

You're very welcome, enjoy!

Chapter One continued...

A bird with a bell hanging from its neck. The sound of its bell was quite strange and peculiar, as if it could suck out the soul of a person.

Wang Feng staggered over, wanting to catch it. But it had already flown far away.

The sound of its bell with it.

Out from the grave mound again, came a grayish white haired old withered dwarf in white clothing. His body looked very frail and light, as if the wind could blow him away at any time, as if the wind had blown him here in the first place.

In fact, Wang Feng didn’t even see how he had originally appeared.

The place at which he appeared was on the grave mound.

His person was standing right inside of a coffin.

A brand new coffin with precious jewels inside to accompany the corpse to the afterlife, except there was no corpse.

How could a corpse rise and stand up like that?

Wang Feng rubbed his eyes.

He wanted to check for himself whether it was because his eyes were blurry or not, whether it was a hallucination or not.

It was not a hallucination.

In front of him definitely stood a white haired old man that rose out of a coffin.

Wang Feng laughed.

He wasn’t afraid one bit but couldn’t help but ask: “You’re a ghost?”

The old man shook his head.

“You’re a living person?”

The old man shook his head again.

“What are you?”

“I’m a dead person.”

“You’re a dead person, but not a ghost?”

“I just recently died, so I haven’t turned into a ghost yet.”

“Just recently died? How did you die?”

“Someone caused my death.”

“Who caused it?”

“You.”

The vegetation on top the grave mound was withered dry. Wang Feng ran up on top of it and sat down with his knees. He stared at this old man.

Even though his eyes were opened very wide and stared for a very long time, he still couldn’t quite see clearly.

This old man’s face was very hazy, as if shrouded in a layer of fog. It is said that a newly dead person’s face would be shrouded in a kind of deathly aura with a look similar to fog.

Wang Feng sighed, “It seems to be that you really do look like a dead person.”

“But of course.”

“And since there is no other person here, it seems to be that I really do look like the person that caused your death.”

“But of course.”

Wang Feng forced a smile, “Nevertheless, how did I cause your death and in such a way that even I wasn’t aware of it?”

“Of course you weren’t aware of it. There are many, many things you aren’t aware of.”

“Can you tell me, or no?”

“If you knew, it would cause you nothing but trouble because…”

His expression looked even more mysterious. He suddenly puckered his lips shut and laid down directly inside the coffin.

Nevertheless, Wang Feng did not give up. He jumped off the grave mound and sat down on the edge of the coffin and interrogated him: “Because what?”

The old man even had his eyes shut tight.

“Fine, you won’t talk. I’ll just sit here and not leave.”

The old man sighed. After sighing several more times, he suddenly asked: “How old are you this year?”

“Twenty six.”

“A twenty six year old person absolutely should not know of it.”

“Why?”

“Because the thing you wish to know concerns another world.”

“There’s another world?”

“Yes!”

“What kind of world?”

The old man’s face looked as if it was twisted out of shape. After a long time, he slowly said: “A nether world, belonging to all demons and ghosts.”

His words were absolutely true. On this lonesome eerie autumn night, at this withered barren place, it seemed even more true.

Wang Feng wanted to laugh, but at that moment a cold chill caused him to shiver.

The old man said: “If you knew their secret, you definitely wouldn’t live long.”

He grasped onto Wang Feng’s hand.

His hand was ice cold. He warmly said: “It’s a shame that you are just twenty six. You have at least another thirty or forty years of life.”

This time Wang Feng was able to laugh out loudly.

The old man asked: “You think I’m lying?”

“I know you’re not lying, but what you’re saying is wrong.”

“Which part is wrong?”

Wang Feng suddenly pulled open the collar of his robe jacket, revealing a strong and sturdy upper body. On his chest was a teeny tiny black spot.

Wang Feng asked: “Can you see what this is?”

“It’s a mole.”

“No.”

“It’s a small black spot.”

“Also no.”

The old man stared at him, waiting for him to explain it on his own.

“This is a symbol.”

The old man said: “A symbol for what?”

“A symbol for death.” Wang Feng continued to explain: “No matter who has this symbol, it’s there to remind the owner that his life is no longer his own.”

“Where did this symbol come from?”

“It was left by a type of hidden projectile called the ‘Life Claiming Needles of Yama’.” [1]

“Life Claiming Needles of Yama?”

“All who are hit by this type of hidden projectile will definitely not live past an hour’s time.”

“You seem to have already lived past that hour.”

“That’s only because I was lucky. At the last moments before my death, I happened to run into Old Mister Ye.”

“Who is Old Mister Ye?”

Wang Feng explained: “Old Mister Ye is none other than Ye Tianshi, the number one most famed doctor of the world.”

“He saved you?”

“He just merely delayed the effect.”

“Delayed for how long?”

Wang Feng answered: “One hundred days.” He smiled a smile, a lonesome looking smile. “That’s how I was able to turn twenty six this year. However I haven’t reached one hundred days yet, but I have already past thirty nine.”

One hundred days minus thirty nine is sixty one days.

The old man said: “So you now have at most two months more to live.”

“Perhaps I can live those two months and another two days.”

September has only twenty nine days. For a person who knows he has at most two months to live, what else besides his life is there left to cherish? So during these past thirty nine days, he had done seven eight things that other people would not dare do.

He had killed seven eight people that should’ve been dead a long time ago yet for one reason or another were not. That’s why he’s callous and cruel hearted, because he doesn’t want to break another person’s heart.

-------

A dreary spellbound lit night.

The old man looked at him for a long time and suddenly asked: “A while ago did you see a bird?”

Of course Wang Feng saw it. The bird that flew out from the grave mound, wearing the bell with the spooky ring.

The old man asked: “Do you know what kind of bird that was?”

“I don’t.”

“Of course you wouldn’t, because that isn’t even a bird in the first place.”

“What is it?”

“It’s Blood Slave.”

Wang Feng didn’t understand, “What is Blood Slave?”

“Blood Slave is Blood Parrot’s servant. When Blood Slave appears, Blood Parrot will shortly thereafter appear as well.”

Wang Feng still didn’t understand, “Blood Parrot?”

“One hundred thousand demons. One hundred thousand drops of demon blood, merged into this one Blood Parrot.” His voice was mysterious and distant as he slowly continued: “That one day, all the demons from the east and all the demons from the west, for the sake of celebrating the Demon King’s birthday, arranged a meeting at ‘The World of Unnaturally Concentrated Happiness’.” [2]

Wang Feng has never heard of such a strange place.

The old man said: “It is the world of demons. It has neither sky, nor ground. Only wind and fog, freezing ice and burning flames.”

His voice became more distant: “That day was the Demon King’s one hundred thousandth birthday. Once every demon from every realm had arrived, each one sliced a cut in his finger and squeezed out one drop of demon blood, merging into this one Blood Parrot to be their congratulatory gift.”

“It was a gift for the Demon King?”

“Correct!” The old man continued: “Although this Blood Parrot only comes to the earthly realm once every seven years, it also brings along with it three wishes.”

“Three wishes?”

“Only when you catch sight of it, will it grant you those three wishes.”

Wang Feng asked: “No matter what kind of wish it is, it’s able to be granted?” The old man answered: “It’s absolutely able to be granted.”

Wang Feng smiled a smile: “This is obviously just a fable. There’s no way anyone could’ve really seen it.”

“People really have.”

“Oh?”

“I know for fact that seven years ago there was a person that saw it and was indeed granted three wishes.”

The old man’s eyes filled with excitement but also terror. He definitely didn’t look like he was lying.

Wang Feng asked: “Do you know who it was that saw it.”

“It was my brother.”

“Where is he now?”

“He’s dead now.”

“Why didn’t he ask for immorality among his three wishes?”

“Because at the time he was in a very bad situation. Originally, it was a situation so bad there was almost no way for him to resolve it.” He suddenly asked: “Do you know of an Imperial treasure heist that happened seven years ago?”

Wang Feng knew of it. At the time, it truly was an epic heist of earth shattering proportions. The wealthiest of the wealth princes had a treasure vault filled with treasures, altogether as valuable as a mountain, but in the time span of one night it all unexpectedly and mysteriously disappeared.

The implications behind this heist were of the gravest kind. The prime suspect was of course the Imperial Manager at the time, Guo Fan.

He originally was the wealthy Prince’s brother-in-law, and also the wealthy Prince’s trusted assistant, but after this heist occurred, he also knew that he could not escape these implications.

The old man said: “He originally wanted to take his life as a testament to his innocence, who knew when he was about to breathe his last breath, he encountered Blood Parrot.”

Wang Feng smiled bitterly and sighed a breath of air, “So his first wish was to have the stolen treasures returned?”

“Of course.”

“Was this wish granted?”

“It was late into the night at the time. Although he’s heard of the Blood Parrot fable before, he still half believed and half doubted, merely holding onto one bit of hope and nothing more. But to his surprise…”

Wang Feng couldn’t help but cut in: “Could it be that the next morning someone really returned with the stolen treasures?”

“It’s true!”

Wang Feng was stunned, feeling as if nearly all the hairs on his body suddenly stood up, as if half a day passed. He only asked: “Who brought them back?”

“It was a well-dressed middle-aged man from…from….”

A terrified expression covered his face, even the sound of his voice started to tremble.

Wang Feng said: “Could he possibly be from the nether world?”

The old man nodded. After a long while he was finally able to open his mouth, “He said he was a judge of the nether world.”

Wang Feng was stunned.

“He said his subordinate, a soul-hunting life-binding ghost constable, last night arrested the wrong person’s soul. It was originally was suppose to be someone else’s, but mistakenly arrested Guo Fan’s only son Guo Lanren. Although the treasures were returned, he paid a heavy price as compensation.” Wang Feng’s hand was sweating, cold sweat.

The old man continued: “After finishing those words, he immediately disappeared without a trace.”

“Guo Lanren really died?”

The old man sadly said: “It’s true. Not long after that judge disappeared, someone brought in his corpse.”

“How did he die?”

“He slipped into a pool of water and drowned. Such a fearful and terrifying death.” [3]

Wang Feng didn’t dare hold his breath and said: “Even though Manager Guo had the treasures returned, he still lost his son. His heart must’ve felt unbearable.”

The old man said: “Afterwards the Prince realized that he had wrongfully accused him, so he was there to console him the whole time.”

“The one who could not bear it most probably wasn’t him, but his wife, his son’s mother.”

The old man sighed, “My sister-in-law fainted three times, but my brother held his composure, because he knew that there were still two wishes left.”

“Blood Parrot appeared again?”

The old man nodded, “It appeared right in the middle of the Imperial Hall as a sphere of burning flames.”

Fang Wang said: “Manager Guo of course hopes that this second wish will save his own son.”

“Yes.”

He had a hard time controlling himself, but was finally able to tell of the matters that occurred that night – that night heavy winds were blowing and torrential rains were pouring. At that time Guo Lanren’s coffin was resting inside the funeral hall. The Prince was accompanying Manager Guo in Flower Hall next door. Even the Prince’s concubine was with them. They all wanted to see this unimaginable spectacle, whether it really would happen or not.

The night got deeper, the wind got fiercer. Within the funeral hall came a series of pounding noises, the pounding of a coffin. Followed by someone shouting inside the coffin, someone opened the coffin, setting him free.

The dreadful cries were definitely those of Guo Fan’s son, they all could recognize it. Both the Prince and his concubine had nearly fainted. Guo Fan was ready to rush in and save his son but the Prince and his concubine held him back, telling him to not go. This matter was way too strange and way too terrifying. Guo Fan didn’t listen. The Prince’s most beloved concubine suddenly pulled out a dagger and, with one stab, killed Guo Fan. At the moment he breathed his last breath, the shouting and pounding from the funeral hall also stopped. Even the wind and rain gradually came to a stop and the land returned to a state of stillness.

Blood Parrot had also returned to the nether world.

Wang Feng’s courage had always been ample, but after hearing this, he was unable to control himself, having already shivered a few times.

He couldn’t help but ask: “Why is that once Guo Fan died, that his son wasn’t able to resurrect?”

The old man sadly said: “Because when Guo Fan dies, his wishes disappear as well.”

“What about those treasures?”

“Naturally those treasures disappeared as well.”

“Following the logic of what you’re saying, Blood Parrot’s three wishes don’t at all bring fame and fortune but in fact bring calamity and disaster.”

“But the wishes it promises people are indeed granted.”

Wang Feng fell silent. He could not deny that point was the most important.

The old man said: “After this incident, there were still a few repercussions left.”

Wang Feng listened.

The old man said: “Guo Fan died, his wife also died. The concubine who killed him, not having passed even three days, went crazy. The guards of the treasure vault, all committed suicide as an act of apology. The Prince was both heartbroken over his beloved concubine and also heartbroken over his vanished treasures, eventually went insane as well.”

This was in all honesty a truly tragic incident.

Wang Feng said: “Perhaps this is the reason why the Demon King wants his Blood Parrot to come into our earthly realm once every seven years.”

“Why?”

“Because he knows that things brought on by an unexpected wish can sometimes bring calamity instead of fortune.”

Causing the earthly realm to be filled with disaster rather than fortune is the Demon King’s greatest wish and goal.

The old man said: “I know. Blood Parrot’s wishes have a price, a price that of course must be paid.”

“Nevertheless, you still want to encounter it?”

The old man nodded.

Wang Feng said: “Because you are also in very grave situation. And if you don’t encounter it, you’ll be left with only death.”

The old man fell silent. His expression grew more desolate. He slowly said: “I’m already a dead person.”

There are some people that, even if they are alive, are no different than a dead person. And there are some people that, even if they are dead, act as if they are still alive because they are still alive in their hearts.

Barren mound, chilling fog.

The old man was lying silently inside the coffin, again with his eyes shut tight, “Will you leave now?”

Wang Feng said: “I’m not leaving.”

“What more do you want to know?”

“What’s this grave situation that you couldn’t resolve?”

“It doesn’t concern you.”

“It does.”

“How does it concern you?”

Wang Feng said: “I frightened Blood Slave away so Blood Parrot will definitely not be coming. So of course I must think of a way to help resolve your situation.” He smiled a smile, and said: “Maybe I’ll even encounter Blood Parrot and give you the three wishes.”

The old man smiled coldly.

Suddenly, the sound of a cynical laugh could be heard. Someone said: “I know what his first wish will be.”

End of Chapter One.

[1] - Yama, in Chinese culture, is the judge of the underworld.
    [2] - It's a literal translation. I believe this is just the name of the netherworld that's been talked about previously.
    [3] - It wasn't specified where it happened. Lit. translation was he slipped and fell into water. So I guess the ghost constable came, scared the pants off of Guo Lanren, causing him to fall into water, and the constable took his soul as he struggled in the water, then he drowned???
    Last edited by Auxiliary Alternative; 05-17-10 at 12:33 PM.
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

awesome. thanks

always wanted to learn about the story of the Parrot of Echo Valley

thank you. keep going.

good start. Thanks

Thanks very much.

Thanks! I've always wondered who this Parrot guy was considering how powerful he was in The Sword & The Exquisitness.
    Yo momma cat

Chapter Two: Ironclad hatred clothed in black

Out from the midst of the chilling fog, a person emerged.

A black-clothed man with a javelin-like straight body, an emotionless face, and a ruthless stare.

Wang Feng said: “You know what his wish is?”

The black-clothed man said: “He wants me dead.”

Wang Feng smiled, “So long as he truly has this desire, perhaps I can accomplish it for him.”

The old man suddenly sighed, “Actually, I don’t want him dead.”

The black-clothed man said: “I don’t want you dead either, because I still want to question your testimony.”

Wang Feng said: “Question his testimony? What are you trying to do? Based on what authority do you have to want to question his testimony?”

The black-clothed man said: “I am Tie Hen.”

Tie Hen, Ironclad Hatred. His name already explained everything for him.

He was from the Six Fans Sect. The “Ironclad Hand of Ruthlessness” of the famous four great constables. What he hated were traitorous rebels, and villainous robbers. Over these past seven years, who knows how many extraordinary cases he’s solved? [1]

Wang Feng’s attitude changed immediately.

He knew this person, furthermore had always admired this person. He always admired upright people.

Tie Hen stared at him, “You know me. I also know you.”

Wang Feng said: “Oh?”

Tie Hen said: “You are Wang Feng.”

Wang Feng smiled, “Didn’t actually think I’d be so famous already.”

Tie Hen said: “However your original name was more famous. You originally weren’t called Wang Feng.”

Wang Feng smiled with a bit hesitation.

Tie Han said: “You originally were called Wang Chongsheng, the world-renowned ‘Iron Gall Swordsman’ Wang Chongsheng. Why did you want to change your name?” [2]

Wang Feng refused to answer.

His life was the same as a burst of wind, even though it blows fiercely when it’s here, it can still vanish at any time. [3]

Wang Feng said: “You know that I’ve killed people before?”

Tie Hen said: “I don’t know.” His gaze sharpened even more, “I only know that Hai Longwang’s family of ten, in the time of one night, was suddenly and completely wiped out.”

Wang Feng’s gaze also sharpened, sharpened like the edge of a saber, and it stared directly at him, “Do you know who it was that killed them?”

Tie Hen said: “I don’t know.” His expression suddenly relaxed, and slowly continued: “But I’d like to meet this person.”

Wang Feng said: “Why?”

Tie Hen said: “Because I want to applaud him, the person he killed deserved to be killed, after killing him left empty handed, not even taking a single penny, and after saving other people, he didn’t expect them to repay his kindness.”

They stood face to face, their eyes carried with it a very strange expression. Wang Feng suddenly smiled, “I guarantee that, sooner or later, there will be a day where you’ll meet him.”

Tie Hen said: “I hope so.”

The old man was still lying inside the coffin.

Wang Feng said: “He knew you would come?”

Tie Hen said: “This was the final deadline I gave him, he knows he cannot avoid it any longer.”

Once under the pursuit of Tie Hen, no one can escape.

Wang Feng said: “Why are you searching him for?”

Tie Hen said: “I only want him to tell me one thing.”

Wang Feng said: “What?”

Tie Hen said: “Where exactly did the Prince’s treasures disappear to?”

Wang Feng said: “That incident happened seven years ago.”

Tie Hen said: “But this case was never solved and so long as this case remains unsolved, I must pursue it.”

Wang Feng said: “Why do you need to pursue him?”

Tie Hen said: “Because he is among the family of Guo Fan, the only one still alive.”

But he was wrong.

By the time they turned their heads, the old man inside the coffin had already turned into a real dead person. Not only was his breath and pulse dead, but even his limbs were ice cold.

The corpse was not buried but was instead sent to the local tribunal for the coroner to examine.

--What was this man’s true cause of death?

Tie Hen must discover the truth. So long as there’s still a clue, he will not give up.

Wang Feng did not leave.

He was also waiting for the results of the examination. He was very curious about this whole incident.

Now Tie Hen really wanted him to leave, but he just would not leave.

The building which housed the corpse had a small courtyard in front of it. Inside the courtyard was a very big tree.

He sat right under the tree, waiting.

Tie Hen said: “As it stands, this matter does not concern you anymore.”

Wang Feng said: “It does.”

Tie Hen said: “How so?”

Wang Feng said: “How do you know it wasn’t me that caused his death?”

Tie Hen said: “I’m willing to take a chance this time.”

Wang Feng said: “So long as a person has suspicion, you should keep them detained. I have suspicion as well, so how can you ask me to leave?” Tie Han stared at him for a long time, then asked: “What exactly is it that you want to do?”

Wang Feng smiled, “I want you to invite me to a drink.”

One pot of tea, one pot of wine.

Wang Feng looked at Tie Hen as he slowly drank his tea, while he himself had already gulped several cups of wine down his stomach, “You don’t ever drink wine?”

Tie Hen said: “Since I took on this case, this case has remained unsolved to this very day.”

Wang Feng said: “As long as this case remains unsolved, you won’t drink?”

Tie Hen said: “I won’t drink.”

Wang Feng said: “After you solve the case, how much would you drink?”

Tie Hen said: “Definitely not less than you.”

Wang Feng suddenly slapped the table, and said loudly: “Quickly then, tell me the details of this case.”

Tie Hen was startled. He stared at Wang Feng and said: “Three cups of wine and drunk already?”

Wang Feng said: “Since you’re unwilling, I can still try to piece things together.”

Tie Hen said: “I said before…”

Wang Feng interrupted, “Exactly because you said that you won’t drink until this case is solved, I have no choice now but to help you solve this case.”

Tie Hen drank his tea, drinking it very slowly very slowly, one mouthful after another.

Wang Feng waited.

He wasn’t in a hurry. He was quite capable of keeping his cool in certain situations.

Tie Hen suddenly lifted his head up and stared at him, “You really believe that story?”

“What story?”

“One hundred thousand demons, one hundred thousand drops of demon blood, merging into one Blood Parrot, and those three absurd wishes.”

Wang Feng didn’t answer this question directly, instead sighed and said: “In this world there are many matters that make it impossible for people to believe, yet there are times where it’s impossible for people not to believe.”

Tie Hen scoffed, “This kind of story only exists because of people’s ignorance and naiveness.”

“You don’t believe it?

“Not even one word of it.” He calmly continued: “I only believe good is repaid with good, evil is repaid with evil, and that Heaven's net is wide but its mesh is fine.”

“But you refuse to believe that those treasures of Taiping Palace just vanished with no reason whatsoever?” [4]

Tie Hen said: “Behind every heist, there is always a mastermind, even if this world really did have ghosts and demons, they wouldn’t come and steal our earthly treasures.”

Wang Feng said: “So in your opinion it was definitely stolen by a person?”

“Definitely.”

“But Guo Fan’s wife and brother are all dead now.”

Tie Hen calmly said: “I never said the mastermind was definitely one of them.”

“If not one of them then who?”

“I’ll definitely be able to discover his identity, sooner or later.”

“Do you have any clues?”

“None.”

Wang Feng sighed, “Seems to me that if you ever want to drink again in this life, you had better forget this whole matter immediately.”

“It’s a pity I can’t forget.”

“Why?”

“Because there are certain things that could remind me of it at anytime.”

“What things?”

Tie Hen slowly stretched out his hand and opened it. In the middle of his palm was a glimmering piece of flawless jasper.

Wang Feng was in awe, “This must be one of the pieces originally embedded on top of the Taiping Prince's crown. A truly priceless treasure.”

Wang Feng could tell.

Tie Hen was of course a very serious individual, he believed firmly that there will never in this world be another piece of jasper like this ever.

Tie Hen said: “If this piece of jasper is still within our earthly realm, then so must be the other treasures.”

“Where did you get it from?”

“From the hand of Man Tianfei.”

“The infamous ‘Solitary Bandit’ Man Tianfei?”

“Exactly.”

“Where is he now?”

“He’s already dead.”

Wang Feng exhaled a long deep breath, “Man Tianfei’s lightness agility and hidden projectile skills were not weak, and his whereabouts were quite secretive as well, how could he just die all of a sudden?”

“He was killed by poison. Seven days after he was poisoned, the effects materialized, once materialized he could no longer be saved.”

Wang Feng said: “A very vicious poison.”

“At the time of his death, still clutched tightly in his hand was this piece of jasper. Even in death, he was unwilling to let it go.”

“Do you think it’s because he discovered the whereabouts of these treasures, and was therefore silenced as a result of it?”

“It’s quite possible.”

“Before he died, did he say anything that might be considered a clue?”

“He only said one word.”

“Which word?”

“Parrot.”

Tie Hen’s eyes immediately filled with disdain, quite a surprise that one would harbor such a deep disdain for just that one word.

Wang Feng couldn’t help but smile, “As far as I know, a parrot is just a very clever and cute kind of bird, and sometimes even speaks our language.”

“Humph.”

Wang Feng said: “No matter how it is, a parrot definitely cannot be the mastermind behind that heist.” Ten Hen replied, “That’s why I find it so strange. Why would Man Tianfei, at the last moment before his death, say this one word?”

Wang Feng flatly said: “Perhaps what he said was simply the name of a person.”

“Among all the martial artists, wanderers and bandits of the realm, there is no one with this name.”

“Perhaps what he said was simply the name of a young girl, the name of his lover.”

Tie Hen scoffed and stood up.

The conversation wasn’t going anywhere. It was obvious he wasn’t ready to continue it any further.

But Wang Feng blocked his way, “I was merely speculating. Perhaps there are many other different possibilities.”

Tie Hen just stared at him and at the very least did not leave.

Wang Feng slowly continued, “Perhaps, at the moment of his death, he genuinely saw a parrot, a Blood Parrot.”

“Absolutely impossible.”

“Why?”

“Because for half a day up until his death, I sat opposite him the whole time, trying to cross-examine him.”

“He said nothing at all?”

“Nothing.”

Wang Feng said: “And that’s when the effects of the poison materialized. Once materialized, he only spoke that one word before dying.”

Tie Hen nodded.

Wang Feng was unable to hold back the deep thought within his eyes, “Perhaps he realized he was under the effects of the poison, and wanted to provide a clue. It’s a pity that there wasn’t enough time.”

Tie Hen calmly said: “It’s just the way life is.”

“How is it possible that such an experienced person as he was didn’t even detect the poison before it materialized?”

“Even I was poisoned as well.”

Wang Feng couldn’t help but sigh, “A very vicious poison indeed.”

--------

The coroner was inside the examination room, having worked for about four to six hours.

Although he was already an old man, he not only was highly respected in this profession, but was also highly experienced. Very few could match him.

But up until now, he still has not found out Guo Yi’s cause of death. [5]

The pot of wine was already empty. Wang Feng said: “I afraid this old coroner has a blurry-sighted pair of old eyes.”

Tie Hen calmly said: “There aren’t many in this world that could compare to those blurry-sighted old eyes of his.”

“As far as I know, in this line of profession, there is one peerless expert, who was originally a famed doctor but, because of his wife’s tragic death, changed his profession to a coroner.”

Tie Hen did not respond.

“Because he knew himself that he didn’t have any means to destroy evil and uphold justice. So he instead used his medical knowledge to put forth his best effort to help preserve the greater good.”

Tie Hen still did not respond.

“I remember his name was something like Xiao Baicao. I’m not sure if I misremembered or not.”

“You did not.”

“You also know this person?”

“He is a friend of mine.”

“Why didn’t you ask him to come?”

“He’s already here.”

“The old man inside the examination room is him?”

“Yes.”

Wang Feng closed his mouth.

Tie Hen also closed his mouth. They waited. Fortunately, they did not have to wait too long this time.

When Xiao Baicao came out of the examination room, his sweat had soaked through his heavy clothing and he looked as if he was exhausted.

Wang Feng couldn’t wait any longer and quickly asked, “Have you found out his cause of death?”

Xiao Baicao sat down, and closed his eyes. Only after a long while, did he then slowly nod.

Wang Feng asked: “Did he die because of high anxiety?”

Xiao Baicao shook his head.

Wang Feng asked: “Then how?”

Xiao Baicao finally opened his eyes, looking at Tie Hen, and one word at a time, said: “He was also killed by poison.”

Tie Hen’s pupils’ contracted.

Wang Feng said: “Him also? Could it possibly be the same kind of poison that killed Man Tianfei?”

Xiao Baicao said: “Without a doubt.”

[1] - A reference to Wen Ruian's The Four Constables. Tie Hen has a very similar name to Wen Ruian's four constables. Ruthlessness/Cold Blood/Iron Hand/etc. Obviously Tie Hen is a part of a different four. Tie Hen literal translation is Iron Hate but decided to translate as Ironclad Hatred, it sounded better at the time.
    [2] - Chongsheng means: second chance, fresh start, rebirth.
    [3] - F.Y.I. feng = wind.
    [4] - Taiping Palace is Taiping Prince's palace, the Taiping Prince [taiping = peaceful] is the Prince discussed earlier. Taiping Prince is the prince's title.
    [5] - Guo Yi a.k.a the old man in the coffin.
    Last edited by Auxiliary Alternative; 04-16-10 at 11:55 AM. Reason: corrections
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

thank you. waiting the next update.

Thanks a lot, Auxiliary Alternative. It is a really interesting story.
    But, I am not sure you can finish the whole chapters (just trying this 'reverse psychology' technique that I read).

Hope you all have strong stomachs... =x

Chapter 2 continued...

In the examination room was a window, and also a lamp.

The window was pale; the light was also pale. The air was filled with a kind of vomit-inducing smell, mixed from the fragrance of medicinal herbs and the odor of rotting corpses.

Wang Feng did not vomit. To one’s surprise, he was capable of holding it down, not letting it out. This even surprised himself.

However, his palm was already covered in cold sweat.

Guo Yi’s corpse was still in the center of the room on a table that was comparably bigger than a bed, with a sheet of white cloth covering it.

On the white sheet were spots of bloodstains, which have not completely soaked through yet.

-- In order to figure out a person’s cause of death, it’s necessary to dissect the body, is it not?

Wang Feng did not think about it, nor did he dare to think about it. He only hoped that Tie Hen was not going lift up this sheet of cloth.

Fortunately, Tie Hen did not do it. He only stood there silently in front of the table, not knowing whether he was staring or just thinking.

What was he staring at? What was he thinking of?

Wang Feng was going to ask him, but suddenly discovered his eyes emanating a torch-like brilliance from within.

At that moment a gecko from the ceiling fell down on top of the corpse onto the thigh.

This normally would be a very ordinary matter. But the strange thing was, as soon as this gecko fell down, its body unexpectedly shriveled up, not even moving an inch afterwards.

The gecko itself was poisonous, and was not afraid of poison. And as with the majority of most lowly cold-blooded creatures, the gecko’s capacity to survive was also very strong.

How then did this gecko just suddenly die?

Tie Hen suddenly unleashed his hand, flipping this bloodstain spotted sheet of cloth open: by one half, revealing a pair pale shriveled legs.

On the inner thigh of the left leg, there was a long knife scar.

Tie Hen asked: “Was this a recent wound? Or an old one? ”

Xiao Baicao said in a low voice, “The wound had since healed up nicely. The time of the injury was at least three years ago.”

Tie Hen said: “Cut it open, let’s have look.”

Wang Feng’s heart skipped a beat, “What did you say?”

Tie Hen repeated, “I want Mister Xiao to cut this scar open so I can have a look.”

Wang Feng said: “He’s already dead, is it really necessary to deface his body even further?”

Tie Hen coldly said, “If you don’t want to look, you can go outside.”

Wang Feng didn’t go outside.

In fact he knew inside his heart whatever Tie Hen was doing, there was certainly a reason behind it.

A man’s inner thigh is not normally a place that receives a knife wound very easily.

A gecko does not normally die very easily.

He also wanted to see what this matter was all about. He only hoped that he could continue to keep control and not vomit.

A sharp knife’s edge, a pale-colored knife.

With a cut of the knife, and no blood, the pale-colored flesh flapped open, and out rolled a pearl.

The luster of the pearl was also pale. Looking at it, it seemed to have a bit of resemblance to a dead person’s eyeball.

Wang Feng’s breath stopped.

Now he finally understood why the gecko immediately died a sudden death as soon as it fell on top the corpse’s thigh.

Tie Hen calmly said, “You’re a knowledgeable man, you should be able to recognize what this is.”

Wang Feng finally sighed and said, “This is a poison preventing pearl, used especially to subdue the five poisonous creatures.” [1]

Tie Hen said: “Sharp eyes.”

Wang Feng tried to find out more, “This is also among the palace’s lost treasures?”

Tie Hen said: “This is one of among the palace’s five greatest treasures, the price exceeds even that of the jasper.”

A lost treasure of the palace, how did it end up inside the thigh of Guo Fan’s brother?

Members of the Guo Family, what exactly is their link to this heist? Why did they all die such tragic deaths?

Could the mastermind of this heist possibly be someone else altogether?

Could they have possibly been murdered by someone in order to silence them?

Who exactly is this mastermind laying in secret?

Wang Feng couldn’t resist and suddenly shivered, because he suddenly thought of an extremely fearful possibility.

Under the pale light of the lamp, Tie Hen’s face also had beads of cold sweat. -- Is it because he also thought of a similar possibility?

Under the strict security of the palace, other than Guo Fan, there normally wouldn’t be another person that is capable of, in the span of one night, emptying out the treasure vault of all its treasures.

There is absolutely no other possibility, unless…

Wang Feng suddenly said in a loud voice, “Unless this heist simply wasn’t pulled off by a human.”

Tie Hen coldly looked at him, “What did you say?”

Wang Feng said: “No human could possibly pull off this kind of heist.”

Tie Hen said: “So anyone who is capable of pulling off this kind of heist, isn’t human?”

“Isn’t.”

“If not human, then what?”

“The Demon King.”

“That is the Blood Parrot’s master?”

“He is.”

Tie Hen scoffed.

Wang Feng said: “The turmoil and calamity of the world, is all created because of what?” He knew Tie Hen would not answer, so he answered himself, “Greed and envy.”

Tie Hen still scoffed.

Wang Feng continued, “Of course the Demon King wouldn’t really want those treasures, but in order to plant greed and envy in the hearts of humans and to cause turmoil and calamity in the world, he is willing to do whatever it takes.” Tie Hen scoffed, “I originally thought you were an adult, I didn’t imagine you were still a child.”

Wang Feng said: “This already isn’t a story for children to listen to, because the reasoning behind this incident is already way too perplexing, not only will a child not understand it, perhaps even you won’t understand it.”

Tie Hen coldly said: “It’s nice and cool outside, why won’t you go out?”

Wang Feng said: “I’m afraid I’ll catch a cold.”

Tie Hen said: “If you insist on following me, I guarantee you’ll very quickly regret it.”

Wang Feng said: “If you were a young lady, perhaps I would follow you. It’s a pity you aren’t.”

Tie Hen’s expression darkened. He was not the kind of person that liked to joke around.

Wang Feng said: “I’m staying here, only because I want to help you out for a bit.”

Tie Hen said: “If you leave quickly, and go far faraway, then you would be helping out quite a great deal.”

Wang Feng said: “Not a chance.” He didn’t give Tie Hen a chance to respond and very quickly said, “I want to help solve this case.”

Tie Hen said: “How do you want to help?”

“To direct you towards a more sensible path.”

Tie Hen smiled, not sneering smile, but a forced smile.

Wang Feng said: “In order to solve this kind of case, there is only one path to take.”

Tie Hen held his breath and waited for him to continue.

Wang Feng said: “So long as you’re able to find a certain thing, even if you didn’t want to solve this case it wouldn’t be possible.”

“And what is this thing I should find?”

“A parrot, a Blood Parrot!”

“You’re not able to find it for me?”

Wang Feng closed his mouth shut.

He couldn’t.

In fact he had not only never seen Blood Parrot before, but also had only first heard of this Blood Parrot the night before.

However at that very moment, he again heard the ring of a bell -- the ring was eerie and peculiar, as if it could strike fear into a person’s soul.

It wasn’t the first time he’s heard this kind of ring.

He immediately called out: “Blood Slave.”

The sound of his call was also very peculiar, the same as a person who had just suddenly saw a ghost.

Tie Hen couldn’t help but ask, “What does Blood Slave mean?”

Wang Feng said: “It means that I will be able to find Blood Parrot for you very soon.”

“Why?”

“Because Blood Slave is Blood Parrot’s servant, once Blood Slave appears, Blood Parrot will also very quickly appear as well.”

Tie Hen stared at him, as if he was looking at a very strange and seldom seen thing.

Wang Feng wasn’t looking at him, so didn’t see his expression, so he again continued to say, “If I’m able to catch Blood Parrot, my first wish would definitely be for it to speak out the secrets behind this heist.”

Tie Hen said: “You really believe it?”

“Believe what?”

“Believe that this world really has such a thing as Blood Parrot.”

Wang Feng nodded, the expression on his face didn’t even look a bit like he was joking around.

Tie Hen said: “If I were to see Blood Parrot, what would you guess my first wish would be?”

Wang Fen said: “You want it to grant you death?”

Tie Hen calmly said: “Looks like you already know what I’m thinking after all.”

Wang Feng smiled.

Not a sneering smile, or a forced smile, but a real smile.

Just as when he was starting to smile, the sound of an eerie and peculiar bell ring came from outside.

-- Blood Slave came back.

-- Why would it come back?

-- Was it to lure them out to find its master?

The bell rang again, Wang Feng rushed outside.

Tie Hen rushed outside too.

-------

Early autumn.

Clear sky, fresh air. It’s a pity that there aren’t any definite things in this world, so even an autumn day with clear sky and fresh air, may not necessarily be an autumn day with clear sky and fresh air.

Today’s weather was dark and cloudy. The sky wasn’t clear at all, even the clouds seemed low enough to push down on a person’s head.

The sound of the bell still had not dissipated.

Up in darkly clouded sky, the shadow of a bird was flying westward, carrying the sound of the bell westward as well.

To the west was the Western Paradise. [2]

To the west were also barren mountains, treacherous waters, open wilderness and deserted graves.

They once again arrived at a grave mound, because the bell ring dissipated within this grave mound, and bird’s shadow also flew into this grave mound.

They weren’t birds, and couldn’t fly.

They were by all no means famed lightness experts of the martial realm.

However with their displays of lightness, their speed was definitely not slower than that of the flying bird, therefore they were able to pursue it to this place.

It’s a pity that once they arrived, they could not hear the bell ring any longer, and could not see the bird’s shadow any longer.

Only the grave.

Even though it was daytime, the grave mound had fog, and inside the mound was the skeleton of dead man.

A darkly clouded sky, a drearily chilled fog.

“This kind of atmosphere, seems to be precisely the kind of atmosphere that Blood Parrot appears in.”

“This kind of place, also obviously seems to be the kind of place that Blood Parrot appears in.”

“It is.”

“Then we will wait right here.”

The two people sat down face to face, sitting on two grave mounds, on the grave mounds’ withered vegetation.

-- Who was buried within those mounds?

-- In their life, how much happiness did they have? How much suffering? How much blessing? How much misfortune?

A burst of wind swept though, the sky filled with a flutter of leaves.

Tie Hen sat on top of the grave mound, suddenly looking very tired, very tried…

In his life, how much happiness has he had? How much pain?

It seems that he is the kind of person, whose life of pains and sufferings greatly surpasses that of the joys.

At that moment was he fed up with this kind of life, was he fed up with these never-ending struggles to vanquish bandits and criminals, was he fed up with these never-ending pursuits and arrests?

Wang Feng looked at him and suddenly said: “I understand your mood.”

“Oh?”

“When you were a youth were you already apart of the Six Fans Sect?”

“Mm.”

“After so many years, those that have died by your hands, probably number in at least the seventies or eighties.”

“I have never killed a single person.”

“But those that you’ve killed were after all still human, living humans, humans with flesh and blood.”

Tie Hen did not argue, he only looked more tired.

Wang Feng said: “Therefore, you now feel like you want to let it go, yet you cannot, this kind of life has already transformed into something like a chain of shackles, shackles that have been chained around your entire body, with no method to loosen them for all eternity.”

Tie Hen raised his head, coldly looked at him and said: “What exactly are you trying to say?”

“What I want to say is, if you really did see Blood Parrot, for your first wish, you can’t say for sure that it really would be…”

His voice suddenly stopped, his pupils suddenly contracted. He stared past behind Tie Hen.

Behind Tie Hen was originally just a patch of cloudy darkness, a patch of empty space.

What did Wang Feng suddenly see?

He originally was a strong and callous person, who was not even afraid of death, why did he all of sudden become so terrified?

Tie Hen’s hand was already ice-cold, his whole body was already ice-cold, he suddenly felt a kind of sharp needle-like chill, as if the skeleton of the dead man had suddenly arisen and was pricking the spine of his back.

What exactly appeared behind him?

He wanted to turn his head.

Wang Feng yelled out: “Don’t turn your head, DON’T turn your head!”

His voice was raspy and rapid, he almost wanted to leap forward, leap forward and hold Tie Hen’s head in place.

It’s a pity that he didn’t have enough time.

Tie Hen had already turned his head. Behind him, up on top a withered tree, was a parrot.

A blood-red parrot.

One hundred thousand demons, one hundred thousand drops of demon blood, merged into one Blood Parrot.

What it brings to the people of the world, beside a sinister wish, is catastrophe.

It symbolized sinister catastrophe in it of itself.

Tie Hen’s pupils suddenly contracted as well.

The moment he saw Blood Parrot, his entire body suddenly contracted as well.

The evil and catastrophe that Blood Parrot brought, was already like a strike of lightning that coursed through his body.

This ruthless ironclad hatred, Tie Hen, this person whose own heart was even forged out of iron, withered away with this one simple look.

Like the way a withering leaf does.

He then dropped down, dropped down into the grave mound.

Blood Parrot laughed, just the same as a human would, the laughter was filled with an indefinable evil and otherworldly kind of taunting.

Wang Feng’s entire body was also already ice-cold, he suddenly yelled out and drove directly towards it.

He wanted to grab hold of this Blood Parrot.

His speed was lightning fast, pity that it’s still one step too slow.

Blood Parrot had already taken its sinisterly mocking laughter to flight, flying into a distantly deep darkness.

Suddenly, in the midst of the deep darkness, someone’s voice spoke out: “You two simultaneously saw me, and now that his wish had already been granted, there are still two more wishes, I’ll leave them to you, just you wait…”

Once the sinisterly sharp voice had spoken its last sentence, it had already vanished beyond the deep darkness.

--------

Night.

In the middle of the small courtyard is a big gingko tree, the tree leaves whistled in the wind.

Wang Feng was again waiting, waiting for a very long time.

Xiao Baicao was again inside that examination room. Tie Hen was also inside. It was Wang Feng who personally carried him inside.

At that time, his corpse was already ice-cold.

The head constable of this province had already commanded all his subordinates to surround this small courtyard. With Tie Hen’s sudden death, Wang Feng was the only one with the heaviest suspicion.

However they did not want to make any rash moves yet, they still wanted to wait for Xiao Baicao to find out the cause of Tie Hen’s death.

This was a big province, the local head constable was named He Neng, although he was still young, and his fame was still small, he still did things extremely thoroughly.

The autumn wind drearily weakened, they had already waited six hours. This time Xiao Baicao consumed even more time.

Because Tie Hen was not only a person he respected, but was also his friend.

Now he was finally finished and slowly walked out, not only did he look completely exhausted, but also carried a kind of indefinable terror on his face.

He Neng was the first to push forward, and grab his hand, and then retracted it.

His hand was very cold.

He Neng exhaled a cold breath of air, and only asked, “Dear sir, have you already discovered his cause of death?”

Xiao Baicao had his mouth shut, but his lips were trembling.

Wang Feng said: “How did Imperial Constable Tie die?”

Xiao Baicao finally opened his mouth and said: “Don’t know.”

He Neng unexpectedly yelled out: “Don’t know? How is it possible that even you sir can’t find out the cause of his death?”

Xiao Baicao said: “I should be able to find it out, no matter what the cause of his death was, as long as it happened before in this world, I should be able to find it all out.”

He Neng said: “But you cannot find it out at this point in time.”

Xiao Baicao slowly nodded, the terror within his eyes intensified greatly.

Seeing his expression, He Neng suddenly shivered a chilling shiver, “Could it be…could it be that the perpetrator isn’t human?”

He Neng said: “Definitely isn’t human.”

End of Chapter 2.

[1]. The five poisonous creatures are [in no particular order] the frog, gecko, snake, centipede, and scorpion.
    [2]. Western Paradise is sort of like heaven in Pure Land Buddhism [a major branch of Buddhism.]
    Last edited by Auxiliary Alternative; 05-17-10 at 12:34 PM.
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

wow, this seems more like a supernatural novel than a wuxia novel

how many chapters is there? I think its a short novel.

It's sixteen chapters and a part of "Six Spine-chilling Stories Series", so yeah it's a bit more supernatural.
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

Chapter Three: Stunning revelations about Parrot Manor

Evening rain pouring.

On the street, there were already very few pedestrians. Yet there were three horsemen that hastily rode through and stopped outside a peaceful old shop.

The horses were fast, but the riders’ movements were even faster.

The horses’ hooves hadn’t even stopped yet, but the three riders had already dismounted. Their feet nailed to the ground like nails. Their footwork was as stable as Tai Mountain.

Of course their footwork was stable.

If a person had practiced twenty to thirty years worth of legwork stances, and didn’t have stable footwork, that would be quite strange indeed.

Southern fist, northern leg.

Of all the courageous heroes on both sides of the Yangtze River, who knows how many had also practiced legwork? But those that could compare to theirs were quite few. [1]

Their surname was Tan.

Perhaps their lineage wasn’t actually a part of the Tan Legs of the North at all, but they themselves wanted it to remain that way. No one dared to suspect it, and no one was able disclaim it.

Having had their lives on the line for thirteen years, having braved nearly two hundred plus blood-filled bitter battles, the status of the “Three Overlords of the Tan Family” within the martial realm is firmly planted in the ground. Most of those who wished to topple them over, had already been killed by one of their kicks.

The peaceful old shop was an inn, and also a family-owned wine shop.

The evening rainfall outside the window was like thread, the night lanterns outside were like peas.

The eldest Tan brother, Tan Tianlong, was the first to burst in. The moment he lifted the straw hat off his head, he saw a coffin.

Autumn rain and autumn wind caused people to worry.

In this kind of weather, if there was no urgent business, no one would rush travel through the night.

The Tan brothers certainly wouldn’t.

Their family wealth and influence was already immensely great and powerful. The third Tan brother, Tan Tianbao, recently married a new concubine who was not only as beautiful as a flower, but it’s also said to possess inner beauty.

If there wasn’t urgent business, even if a whip was used to drag him out of bed, he would still only crawl.

What business was so urgent?

This was their secret. Actually it can’t really be considered a secret. What the “Three Overlords of the Tan Family” did was buy and sell. It had already been a public secret for quite some time.

It’s just that any transactions below a hundred thousand taels of silver, they absolutely will not touch.

Seeing how urgently they traveled, this transaction was definitely not small.

People who travel for business, no matter what is being transacted even if it’s a transaction not involving money, that accidentally comes upon a coffin in their travels, it is never an auspicious sight to see.

First brother Tan knitted his brow. Second brother Tan, Tan Tianfu, pounded his fist down heavily on the counter.

The counter instantly cracked open, even the shopkeeper’s own gallbladder was almost cracked open. [2]

Tan Tianfu stared at him and sternly said: “Is this a wine shop? Or a coffin shop?”

The shopkeeper wiped his sweat off, and at the same time tried to display a pleasant smile, “This small shop only sells wine, not coffins.”

Tan Tianfu said: “Why would a coffin be inside a wine shop then?”

Shopkeeper said: “That was brought in by this customer. He insisted that it be brought inside.”

Tan Tianfu said: “What?”

Shopkeeper said: “Because this customer insisted on having his friend inside the coffin accompany him for a drink.”

“This customer” was a young man, an unconventional young man, a young man who couldn’t help but drink too much.

Right now he was raising his cup to the coffin, “It’s my turn to have this cup of wine. I drink.”

Sure enough he drank the cup dry of wine in one gulp, drinking it really quickly.

The coffin was brand new. His clothing was already quite worn, and even though the things he did seemed a bit crazy, he still seemed to have grown up pretty well. It’s just that his eyes often carried an indefinable hopelessness to them, as if he didn’t care about anything in this world.

-- Besides this coffin, he didn’t care about anything in this world.

“This customer” was of course Wang Feng.

Among the Tan brothers, the one with the biggest temper and also the biggest fist was second brother Tan, Tan Tianfu.

He was the first to walk over. He tapped the coffin sitting on top the table, “You brought this here?”

Wang Feng nodded.

Tan Tianfu said: “What’s inside of this?”

Wang Feng said: “A friend.”

Tan Tianfu said: “A dead friend? Or a living friend?”

Wang Feng said: “As long as it’s a friend, dead or alive, it’s all the same and still a friend.”

Tan Tianfu said: “A dead person will also drink?”

Wang Feng smiled, and again raised his cup to the coffin, “It’s your turn to have this cup. I’ll drink it in your place.”

He drank it down again in one gulp.

Tan Tianfu laughed out loud, and turned his head towards his brothers, pointing at Wang Feng, he said: “Turns out this fellow is a drunkard.”

Tan Tianlong’s expression darkened, “Tell him to quickly take the coffin out of here, and tell him to quickly take himself out of here as well.”

Tan Tianfu said: “Did you hear that, fellow?”

Wang Feng said: “Hear what?”

Tan Tianfu said: “We’re telling you to take the coffin out of here.”

Wang Feng said: “Can’t move it.”

Tan Tianfu said: “Why?”

Wang Feng said: “It’s raining outside. I can’t allow my friend to get rained on.”

Tan Tianfu looked at him, then turned his head to first brother Tan again, and deliberately asked: “This person is a lunatic. How do you think we should handle it?”

Tan Tianlong said: “Kick him out.”

Tan Tianfu said: “Kicking a lunatic isn’t a crime.”

Tan Tianlong said: “Kicking a ‘corpse’ is even more not a crime.”

Tan Tianfu said: “Very well, I’ll first kick the corpse, then kick the lunatic.”

Before he even finished speaking, he had already kicked his foot out.

This coffin was Tie Hen’s, so he was definitely able to take on this one kick.

He had a trump card.

Although this one foot was casually kicked out, its power was at least three to five hundred catties strong.

Who knew that once his foot kicked out, the coffin had suddenly disappeared, and that this lightning-fast foot had unexpectedly kicked a completely empty space.

The coffin was definitely on the table in front of him, but all of a sudden it flew onto another table.

Of course a coffin wouldn’t fly around on its own.

Even Wang Feng himself, chair and all, followed the coffin and flew over. He gently said: “This friend of mine, in life, had always only liked kicking people, and was never kicked by people before. In death, he would definitely not like being kicked by people.”

The Tan brothers all finally realized it. This fellow wasn’t really crazy, and wasn’t really drunk.

Even the always slouchy Tan Tianbao, who was leaning against the counter, had straightened his back.

Wang Feng said: “First kick the lunatic, then kick the corpse. Okay?”

Tan Tianfu said: “Okay!”

The moment he said this word, Tan Tianbao shot over like an arrow, and the two brothers kicked out their foot at the same time. One aimed for Wang Feng’s right ear. One aimed for his lower left abdomen.

The Tan Legs of the North had always been the most concrete martial arts in the martial realm. Its dependability relied not on fancy stances, but sheer speed.

These two brothers’ legs were not only fast, but also accurate. Their attack targets were expertly chosen as well. It left a person with virtually no way to dodge.

Wang Feng simply didn’t have one bit of indication that he was going to dodge.

Little did they know that it was because he knew there was no way he could dodge. Nevertheless he still had a plan in mind, so he didn’t make even one move.

At that moment, a painful wail was shouted out, which brought on an almost bone shattering sound.

Although it was just one wail, it was actually shouted out by two people who simultaneously unleashed it at the same time.

Tan Tianfu and Tan Tianbao, with one kick of their leg, instantly fell to the floor. After falling to the floor, their legs could no longer stand on its own. Two people, two legs, and two broken knees.

The bones of the person being kicked were still intact. The bones of the people doing the kicking were instead broken.

Tan Tianlong was shocked. His eyes filled with terror and fear.

He didn’t even see Wang Feng execute any attacks.

Wang Feng was shocked himself.

In actuality, he really didn’t execute any attacks, even though he did have a plan to defeat these two brothers.

A life-risking plan.

But before he could even execute this plan, these two brothers had already dropped to the ground.

How did their bones suddenly get broken? Who was it broken by?

Nobody knew. Just like how nobody knew what caused Tie Hen to suddenly die.

Is it possible that this was again done by some demonic power?

And who was it that used this demonic power?

Wang Feng didn’t want to think about it, nor did he dare to think about it. His palm was already covered in cold sweat.

Tan Tianlong looked at him with shock, and softly said: “What kind martial arts is this?”

Wang Feng said: “Don’t know.”

Tan Tianlong said: “It wasn’t you who attacked?”

Wang Feng shook his head.

Tan Tianlong said: “If not you, then who?”

Wang Feng said: “Perhaps it’s not even a human.”

Tan Tianlong suddenly roared in anger, and soared into the air, and kicked out both his legs at the same time.

This wasn’t an authentic Tan Leg stance. Its power, compared to an authentic Tan Leg stance, was vastly greater. This was his signature stance that made him famous during his wandering the martial realm days.

Who knew that once his body soared into the air, two sounds “crack, crack” could be heard, followed by a painful wail.

The moment he fell to the ground, his two knees had already been broken as well.

Wang Feng still sat there not moving an inch. His eyes also seemed to carry a terrified expression.

After the painful wailing ceased, the room became as silent as a graveyard.

Once the Tan brothers fell to the ground, not only did they did not twist in agony, but they also didn’t even make a sound.

The old shopkeeper behind the counter was already ghastly pale.

Wang Feng lifted his head, and looked at him, and suddenly asked: “What did you see?”

The old shopkeeper made an effort to laugh, but still sounded as awkward as a weep, “I didn’t see anything at all.”

Wang Feng sneered.

Old shopkeeper said: “This kind of martial arts that dear sir possesses, I’ve never seen before even in my dreams.”

Wang Feng said: “I said it before. The attacker wasn’t me.”

The old shopkeeper also couldn’t help but ask: “If not you, then who?”

Wang Feng suddenly bent down, and from the floor picked up a tiny pebble.

The pebble was a blood-red color, a frighteningly blood-red color.

Wang Feng said: “Do you see what this is?”

The old shopkeeper stared at it with bewilderment for a long time, then said: “It looks like a pebble, a red pebble.”

Wang Feng said: “There definitely should be three more pieces like this still on the floor.”

Old shopkeeper said: “Oh?”

Wang Feng said: “Four pebbles, four broken legs.”

The old shopkeeper impressively said: “A tiny pebble like this, can break a person’s leg?”

Wang Feng said: “You don’t believe it?”

Old shopkeeper said: “I…I…”

Wang Feng sighed, “Ordinarily I also wouldn’t believe in these kinds of incidences. But time after time, I’m still burdened to encounter them.”

Old shopkeeper: “Is…is it a martial arts skill? Or is it a demonic power?”

Wang Feng: “I also don’t know.”

Old shopkeeper: “Who was it that shot it out?”

Wang Feng: “I originally suspected it was you.”

The old shopkeeper’s heart skipped a beat, and said: “Wasn’t me, definitely wasn’t me.”

Wang Feng smiled grimly, “I also know now that it wasn’t you. The pebble was shot out from outside the window.”

A while ago, he saw a flash of red light outside the window, when Tan Tianlong was wailing in pain and falling to the ground.

Afterwards he saw this pebble fall to the floor, and roll underneath his foot.

When he picked it up, the pebble still seemed to be hot, and still seemed to carry with it an aura of indefinable blood-ridden rawness.

The dead silence was suddenly interrupted by a moan.

Tan Tianlong moaned, and moved his hand, as if he wanted to get something from within his chest.

It’s such a pity that he didn’t even have this kind of energy to do it. However, considering all things, he was still able to open his eyes, and look directly at Wang Feng. His eyes filled with an expression that pleaded for help and begged for mercy.

Wang Feng finally went to get it for him.

The pocket underneath his shirt had a very small brocaded pouch.

Wang Feng: “What you wanted to get was this?”

Tan Tianlong struggled to say one sentence. His voice was as light as a thin thread. Wang Feng could only hear two words.

“For you.”

“Why do you want to give it to me?” Wang Feng didn’t understand.

He nevertheless couldn’t help but open up the pouch. Inside were two pearls, even when compared to longan, they were still quite big. [3]

Although there weren’t poison-preventing pearls, and also weren’t night-glowing pearls, their value was undoubtedly still as high as an entire city itself.

Wang Feng knitted his brow, “Why do you want to give such as valuable thing to me?”

Tan Tianlong gasped for air. He couldn’t even say one word anymore.

Wang Feng: “Did you want me to take care of a certain matter in your place?”

Tan Tianlong stared at him. Who could tell what the expression in his eyes meant? He suddenly lifted his finger, and pointed to the window opposite of him.

Outside the window, hanging on the eaves of the roof, was a bird cage.

An empty bird cage.

Wang Feng finally understood what he meant, and said loudly: “Parrot? Did you want to tell me about the parrot’s secret?”

Whatever it was that he wanted to say, it will now remain a secret forever.

He had already stopped breathing.

His brothers had already stopped breathing earlier. This tiny red pebble, not only broke their legs, but also took their lives.

One tiny red pebble, one precious pearl.

This tiny red pebble, exactly what kind demonic power did it posses? That was able to take away a person’s soul with just one shot?

This one word “parrot,” what exactly was the secret behind it? Just before Tan Tianlong’s death, why would he only just say this one word?

Wang Feng raised his head and looked at that old shopkeeper. He suddenly asked: “That bird cage outside, is yours?”

The old shopkeeper nodded.

Wang Feng: “What type of bird was originally raised inside?”

Old shopkeeper: “A parrot.”

Although Wang Feng anticipated this answer, he still felt sick to his stomach upon hearing it.

As the old shopkeeper looked at the bird cage outside the window, the expression in his eyes suddenly changed in a very strange manner. After a long time, he just sighed and said: “That parrot was both lively and adorable. Anyone who’s seen it before wouldn’t have guessed it would suddenly die.”

Wang Feng: “How did it die?”

Old shopkeeper: “It died in a very strange manner, as if it was frightened to death.”

Wang Feng: “Frightened to death?”

Old shopkeeper: “That evening, I had already dozed off, and suddenly heard it cry out, similar to…similar to the way a person would cry out when frightened.” His face was already twisted in fear, “By the time I rushed out, it had already died. It died very tragically.”

Wang Feng: “When did that incident happen?”

Old shopkeeper: “I remember it very clearly, that evening was the first of the seventh month.” He continued to explain, “Because that day was the day of the Opening of the Ghost Gate Festival. That evening I had burned some offerings to the spirits, and drank a bit of wine.” [4]

The first of the seventh month, the Opening of the Ghost Gate Festival. Was this the day that Blood Parrot descended upon the earthly realm?

The old shopkeeper again used that strange expression to look at him, and slowly said: “I know what you’re thinking inside your heart.”

Wang Feng: “Oh?”

Old shopkeeper: “With the gate between our realm and the ghostly realm open, vengeful ghosts will undoubtedly cross into our realm…”

His eyelids creased, and said: “Inside your heart, you must be thinking that my Little Demon was frightened to death by one of these ghosts.”

Wang Feng: “Little Demon? That parrot of yours is named Little Demon?”

Old shopkeeper: “Mmhmm.”

Wang Feng was astonished, “Why did you choose a name like that for it?”

Old shopkeeper asked: “This name isn’t good?”

Wang Feng: “I just find it odd that…”

The old shopkeeper suddenly interrupted him, “Actually this name wasn’t chosen by me. It was her…at the time she gifted this parrot to me, it already had this name.”

Wang Feng: “Who is she?”

The old shopkeeper’s gaze shifted outside the window. After a long time, he slowly said: “This life of mine, I’ve always lived in an upright and honest manner, except this one time.” On his tired old face, suddenly emanated an extremely excited flush of red, his eyes also emanated a kind of brilliance, “This one time, I took the entirety of my lifesavings and spent it all, to this very day I still think it was well worth it.”

This wasn’t what Wang Feng asked, but Wang Feng also didn’t want to interrupt his story either.

This silly experience may also be a bizarre experience as well.

Under an evening rain and under the light of an autumn lantern, being able to listen to an old man tell this kind of tale, wouldn’t that also be interesting?

Old shopkeeper: “She was in all honesty an amazing woman, sometimes extremely adorable, sometimes extremely frightful. During that night, although she didn’t let me touch her once, I was still fully satisfied by the stimulation I was able to obtain. Even other people won’t be able to image it their dreams.”

Wang Feng couldn’t help but ask, “And that’s why you were willing to give her your entire life savings?”

Old shopkeeper: “I have not even a shred of regret.” His expression lit up, “If the heavens were to grant me another ten years of life, and allow me to save up just as much money, I would definitely go to that place of hers one more time.”

Wang Feng: “What exactly is that place of hers suppose to be?”

Old shopkeeper: “Once you hear it, you might find it funny. But that place is just a brothel.”

Wang Feng didn’t laugh.

He understood this strange old man’s frame of mind.

A person who’s toiled and struggled for so many years, with nothing to show for except a grease-covered counter and some dirty old tables, why can’t he in his old age go out and splurge for once?

Anything a person does is fine, so long as it doesn’t harm anyone else, and the person believes it to be worthwhile.

This kind of perspective, Wang Feng not only understood, but also respected.

So the old man continued to speak frankly, “Although she is just a prostitute, I would still be willing to at any time kneel on the ground and lick her feet.”

Wang Feng already started get to a bit curious, and couldn’t help but ask: “What’s the name of that brothel?”

Old shopkeeper: “Parrot Manor.”

Wang Feng: “What’s her name?”

Old shopkeeper: “Her name is Blood Slave.”

[1]. Chinese martial arts is traditionally divided in two major categories: Northern style (stereotypically more focused on legwork, hence northern leg) and Southern style (stereotypically more focused on fists, hence southern fist). The Yangtze river acts as a sort of dividing line between Northern and Southern styles.

[2]. Gallbladder is where a person's courage and bravery comes from. Having no gallbladder means no courage.

[3]. Longan as in the fruit, similar to lychee.

[4]. The Ghost Festival is when the gate between the living world and underworld is opened. So ghosts can go visit their families and such. Usually involves people putting out food offerings and burning offerings (paper money, paper-crafted things).
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

Chapter 3 continued...

-- Blood Slave was Blood Parrot’s servant, once Blood Slave appears, Blood Parrot will also soon appear as well.

Blood Slave at Parrot Manor. Where was Parrot Manor located?

“Where is Parrot Manor located?”

“It’s located down that alley in front.”

“Which door?”

“The red door.” The person being asked for directions was being very thorough, “The only door down the alley is that red door.”

A bright red door, the red blood of a slave.

A young lady answered the door, a young lady clothed in red, with a pair of eyes as black as paint.

She looked at Wang Feng from head to toe.

Seeing Wang Feng’s attire, it was pretty clear he had little in common with those that regularly entered this place.

Wang Feng still had the coffin with him.

The people who come to this place bring only gold and jewels, not coffins.

Although the young lady wasn’t too snobbish, she was still a bit surprised, “Did you knock on the wrong door?”

Wang Feng: “Nope.”

Young lady: “Do you know what this place is?”

Wang Feng: “Parrot Manor.”

Young lady: “Who are you looking for?”

Wang Feng: “Blood Slave.”

The young lady looked at Wang Feng again from head to toe, “You know her?”

Wang Feng: “I do not.”

The young lady put up a stern face, “She never sees any guests that she doesn’t know.”

Wang Feng: “You merely have to tell her who it is that’s looking for her, then she’ll definitely allow it.”

Young lady: “Who are you?”

Wang Feng: “I’m also a parrot, a blood parrot.”

The door slammed shut.

This was a brothel. Its door shuts comparably tighter than a public building’s door.

Wang Feng didn’t kick the door down and charge in. Sometimes, he’s quite capable of controlling his temper.

He knew that now was a time in which he should control his temper.

After waiting for not too long, the door opened again. This time it wasn’t a young lady opening the door, it was an old granny.

The old granny was also clothed entirely in red, and also looked at him from head to toe. With regards to this unconventional young man, it was clear she wasn’t too satisfied.

Obviously she didn’t understand why Lady Blood Slave, whose eyes had always looked down on people, wanted to see him for?

Wang Feng: “Can I go in now?”

The old granny laughed, but her mouth didn’t move: “This is a brothel, as long as a person is living, they may enter.” Her expression darkened, then continued: “The dead, however, may not.”

Wang Feng laughed.

When he started to laugh, he had already kicked the door open. Using both hands to carry the coffin, he went inside.

There were times which he couldn’t control his temper.

He knew that now was no longer a time to be controlling his temper, because the person he wanted to see had already agreed to see him.

He knew the words “Blood Parrot” had the effectiveness he was looking for.

The old granny clothed in red watched as he charged in, not even saying one word.

No matter who it is that rushes in, if he’s able to do it while holding a coffin with both hands, then she will only just watch.

No matter who it is, if that person’s worked in a brothel for over forty years, they’ll definitely know when not to interfere.

Wang Feng: “You know who it is I’m looking for?”

The old granny didn’t want to nod, but didn’t dare not to nod.

Wang Feng: “Good, then lead the way.”

Noon.

Inside the brothel, noon was still morning. Almost everyone had only just woken up.

No matter how good-looking a woman is, at the time which she first wakes up, she definitely won’t look too good.

No matter what kind of woman it is, if she knows she doesn’t look too good, she usually won’t allow others to see her.

Whether or not she allows others to see her is one matter. Whether or not she goes to see other people is totally different matter.

After all, a man roaming around a brothel carrying a coffin isn’t a frequent sight that one is usually able to see.

Wang Feng knew. Many eyes secretly watched him.

He didn’t care.

Through a winding corridor, past a flowery path, they arrived at a small building. Hanging on the eaves of the building were seventeen or eighteen birdcages.

Only birdcages, no birds.

What kind of birds was originally housed in those cages?

Were they parrots?

The cages were empty, where were the parrots?

Were they all dead? Did they all die on that one night, the first of the seventh month?

Wang Feng: “Are you ordering me to go up or inviting me to go up?”

The old granny: “Inviting!”

The door on the small building was unlocked.

Wang Feng used one hand to hold up the coffin, and his other hand to push open the door, and he entered the strange place.

He’s been to many strange places before.

The world has all kinds of strange places, most of which he’s experienced before. He knew this world had some places as majestic as the heavens, but also had some places as terrifying as hell.

This place was very beautiful, every object inside was also very beautiful, but it was like a hellish prison.

A majestic hell.

The first thing he laid eyes on was a painting. The painting was painted on the opposite wall.

A fifty feet wide wall, the painting was filled with demons.

All kinds of demons, some were half-human half-dog; some weren’t human or dog; some were human-shaped but not human; some were big in size, but unexpectedly had human hearts.

The fifty-foot wide wall painting might not have exactly a hundred-thousand demons, but it did have a parrot.

A blood parrot.

All the demons had in their hands a curved saber, on the tip of each saber had a drop of blood, the drops of blood all merged into this Blood Parrot.

Blood Parrot had already begun to take flight, flying towards a young man wearing a purple and gold white jade encrusted crown.

A very handsome, very gentle-looking young man.

All the demons were kneeling towards him, just like the way a group of the most loyal subjects would kneel to their emperor.

Could it be that “he” was the demon of all demons?

Could it be that this seemingly human-looking young man is in fact the Demon King?

Blood Parrot also had its own subjects.

Thirteen majestic and unusual birds surrounded it. They all had the feathers of a peacock, the wings of a bat, the gracefulness of a swallow, and also the poisonous sting of a bee.

-- Was this Blood Slave?

Wang Feng stared in awe.

Inside the room was also a pair of hardened leather boots, a barbed whip, and a thirty-foot wide bed with hooks that hung on the ceiling above the bed.

Unexpectedly Wang Feng didn’t notice any of these things. All his attention was focused on this one painting.

-- Could it be that the place in the painting was ‘The World of Unnaturally Concentrated Happiness’ on that certain day?

-- That was the world of demons. A place without sky or ground, only wind and fog, freezing ice and burning flames.

-- That day was the Demon King’s one hundred-thousandth birthday. Once every demon from every realm had arrived, each one sliced a cut in his finger and squeezed out one drop of demon blood, merging into this one Blood Parrot.

Wang Feng was so preoccupied that he didn’t even see that someone had entered the room.

Luckily he was still able to hear her voice.

A lovely charming voice, with a silver bell-like laugh.

It was nothing like the bell ring that Blood Slave made when it flew.

“You like this painting?” she asked with a smile.

Wang Feng suddenly turned his head and saw a woman that he’s never seen before in his life.

He’s never seen such a majestic-looking woman before, but he’s also never seen such a weird-looking woman before.

She wasn’t completely naked.

She was still clothed on one half – but it was the top half, nor was it the lower half.

On the right half of her body, she was dressed neatly and orderly. On the left half of her body, she was completely naked.

On her ears, she wore pearl earrings. On one half of her face, she had on makeup. Furthermore, she had pearl and jade ornaments decorated over her hair.

Just on her right side.

The left side of her body looked like the body of a newborn baby.

Wang Feng stared.

After staring for a long time, he turned his head back to the painting on the wall, examining the Blood Slave in the painting.

This time, he examined it with even more care.

He eventually realized the Blood Slave in painting looked like this -- one wing was that of a cricket’s, the other wing was that of a bald eagle’s, on one side its feathers were that of a peacock, on the other side its feathers were that of a phoenix.

“Blood Slave.” Wang Feng finally understood, “You must be Blood Slave.”

She smiled.

Her smile was gentle and soft like a spring breeze, and beautiful like a spring flower, it also flowed like the ever-changing waters of a spring.

But the depths of her pupils were as cold as the waters of a spring.

“You’re not a parrot, nor are you a blood parrot.” She was still smiling, “You’re a person.”

Wang Feng: “You’re wrong.”

Blood Slave: “You’re not a person?”

Wang Feng: “If you are Blood Slave, then why can’t I be Blood Parrot?”

Blood Slave: “You definitely aren’t.”

Wang Feng: “Why not?”

Blood Slave: “Because I know what Blood Parrot looks like.”

Wang Feng: “You’ve seen it before?”

Blood Slave: “Of course.”

Wang Feng: “It also granted you three wishes?”

Blood Slave: “It didn’t.”

Wang Feng: “Why not?”

Blood Slave: “Because I am Blood Slave.”

Wang Feng smiled.

Only when he started to smile, did he notice how soft and tender her waist was, how slender and firm her legs were.

Blood Slave had no intentions of avoiding his gaze at all. On the contrary, she welcomed it, “Am I to your liking?”

Wang Feng sighed.

He couldn’t deny it. This woman was definitely worth it for a man to spend his entire life savings on.

He again thought of that old man that sat at the greasy counter.

Blood Slave: “Since you know what kind of person you came to see, you should also know I’m very expensive.”

Wang Feng had to admit, “I can see that.”

Blood Slave: “What have you brought?”

Wang Feng: “You should be able to see for yourself.”

He brought a coffin.

Blood Slave smiled again, “Those that come to see me usually don’t use a coffin to hold their money. You are the first.”

Wang Feng: “I’m not.”

Blood Slave: “You’re not?”

Wang Feng: “There isn’t even a single penny inside this coffin.”

Blood Slave: “What’s inside the coffin then?”

Wang Feng: “A person.”

Blood Slave: “A dead person?”

Wang Feng: “Don’t know.”

Blood Slave: “You yourself don’t know whether he’s dead or alive?”

Wang Feng: “I only know that he is my friend. Whether he’s dead or alive isn’t important. So I’ve simply forgotten.”

Blood Slave sweetly said, “You should at least know the answer to this question.”

Wang Feng: “What?”

Blood Slave: “Who will stay here tonight, you or him?”

Wang Feng: “There’s a difference?”

Blood Slave: “Just one.” She smiled even sweeter, “Living people I charge a price, dead people I do not.”

Wang Feng: “What about a person who’s going to die soon?”

Blood Slave pondered a bit, “If you’re going to die soon, then I’ll consider giving you half off.”

Wang Feng: “You can’t waive the charge?”

Blood Slave: “No.”

Wang Feng sighed, “If that’s how it is, then it looks like only he can stay. I’ll have to leave.”

If he says he’s going to leave, then he’ll definitely leave.

Blood Slave blocked his way, “Where are you going?”

Wang Feng: “Outside to wait.”

Blood Slave: “It’s not even nighttime yet, why leave so quickly?”

Wang Feng looked at her naked side and sighed, “Because if I don’t walk out, then there’s a thing on my person that will.”

Blood Slave winked, “What thing?”

Wang Feng: “It’s nothing special. It’s merely a pearl that’s all.”

If you were a man, if you were at a brothel, and saw a woman that was able to move your heart.

And if you let her know that you had a pearl with you, and if this pearl was also able to move her heart. And if you still insisted on retaining this pearl, then you must be a pig.

Wang Feng’s person did not walk out, but his pearl did fly out.

It flew out very fast.

Such a round and translucent pearl, are there any girls in this world that won’t like it?

There aren’t.

Blood Slave used her spring onion-like slender jade fingers to grab hold of the pearl. Her eyes immediately emitted a brilliance from within.

The precious pearl matched the gaze of her eyes.

Wang Feng quietly stood next to her, looking at the expression on her face, as if he wanted to see whether or not she would react in a special way. Blood Slave softly sighed, “I can’t deduce it, I really can’t deduce it.”

Wang Feng immediately asked: “You can’t deduce where this pearl came from?”

Blood Slave: “I couldn’t deduce that such a person as you would in fact have such a pearl with you.”

Wang Feng laughed, “I originally didn’t have it. This I stole.”

Blood Slave sweetly said, “Stolen is even better, I love stolen objects the most.”

Wang Feng: “Why?”

Blood Slave: “Because stolen objects are usually valuable objects as well.”

Wang Feng laughed.

He couldn’t deny that this statement had a bit of truth behind it.

Blood Slave used her naked half to nestle up close to him, and softly said: “Now you’re able to stay.”

Wang Feng: “What about my friend?”

Blood Slave: “If you want him to stay, then I won’t mind.”

Wang Feng: “You won’t mind having a coffin in the room?”

Blood Slave: “As long as a person is willing to give me a pearl such as this, no matter if he’s dead or alive, I’ll definitely make himself feel satisfied.”

Wang Feng looked at her, and suddenly realized that the old shopkeeper wasn’t lying indeed. This girl really was both adorable and frightful.

Tonight, within this strange room, will he also encounter a similar unforgettable lifetime experience? He didn’t dare think of it. He was afraid that his heart would beat too fast.
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

///This section contains some sexually graphic and disturbing images.///

Chapter 3 continued...

Hardened leather boots were placed on a delicately carved wooden frame.

“What is this?”

“This is used to step on people.”

A barbed whip hung next to the leather boots.

“This is used to whip people.”

Hanging above the bed were shiny silver hooks, but Wang Feng didn’t dare ask what those were for.

Blood Slave laughed, a very tender and sweet laugh, “There are many men that love to strip and lie down here, and let me use my leather boots to kick them, and step on them, and use the whip to lash them.” She looked at Wang Feng, “What about you?”

Wang Feng: “I only enjoy kicking people.”

The expression in Blood Slave’s eyes brightened up, “As long as you really enjoy it, I’ll also let you kick, step on, and use the whip to lash me.”

Wang Feng’s heart was already beating very quickly.

He suddenly realized she was a monster no doubt about it, although terribly frightening, she was unfortunately still able arouse a man’s most savage, most primal of urges.

Wang Feng: “Why did you have such a terrifying painting painted on this wall?”

“Because I enjoy having people frightened.” She cracked a smile, “Being frightened is also a kind of simulation, usually simulating men to go insane.”

Wang Feng: “What are these demons doing?”

Blood Slave: “Celebrating the Demon King’s birthday.” She stretched out her hand and pointed at that very handsome and very gentle-looking young man, “This person is the Demon King.”

Wang Feng: “Why the Demon King so good-looking?”

Blood Slave: “When it comes to the opinion of women, of course only the most handsome man is worthy of being the Demon King.” Her gaze became desirous, and her body pressed even closer, and with a raspy voice said, “Tonight, you will be my Demon King.”

Wang Feng’s heart was beating even faster, and quickly asked: “Why is this parrot red?”

Blood Slave: “Because it was created by drops of demon blood, the thirteen strange birds surrounding it are its servants, called blood slaves.”

Wang Feng: “Why are you also called Blood Slave?”

Blood Slave: “Because I’ve always wanted to be its servant, but tonight…” She used strength to gasp onto Wang Feng’s arm, her finger nails had already dug into his flesh, “Tonight, I only want to be your servant.”

Wang Feng felt the stabbing pain, but also felt a kind of indefinable arousal. He even started to feel a bit excited.

He wasn’t a lifeless wooden log, but at this moment he still must forcibly control himself.

Blood Slave: “One hundred-thousand demons, one hundred-thousand drops of demon blood, merged into this one Blood Parrot, but it only used 98687 drops, the remaining 1300 drops merged into these thirteen blood slaves.”

Wang Feng: “What about the leftover 13 drops?”

Blood Slave: “The last 13 drops merged into a rock.”

Wang Feng excitedly asked: “A rock? What kind of rock?”

Blood Slave: “A blood-red rock, that’s able to steal away a person’s soul in the blink of an eye.” Her expression brightened, brightened in such a way that made her even more beautiful, beautiful in such a way that made her look sinister and unearthly, “I really wish was a blood slave, even if I was turned into a rock, I would be entirely grateful.”

Wang Feng: “Why?”

Blood Slave quietly said to him, “Because that way, I’ll be able get close the Demon King, so he can kick me, step on me, and use a whip to lash me.”

She was breathing rapidly, and her nipples already slowly hardened.

Her nails had nearly punctured Wang Feng’s flesh, breathing heavily she said: “At this moment you are my Demon King. Use any method you wish to defile me, to torment me. I’m ready and willing.”

Wang Feng’s throat already began to sound choked up, “I want you to see something.”

Blood Slave: “See what?”

Wang Feng: “The rock you were talking about. Is it similar to this?”

He took out that tiny red pebble.

Blood Slave’s expression immediately changed, as if she was strongly lashed with a whip.

A whip with barbs.

“This isn’t a pebble, this is demon blood…” She screamed in an insane manner, and suddenly snatched the red pebble out of Wang Feng’s hand, then with one gulp swallowed it down.

“This is demon blood, a person who’s drank demon blood before, will be able to see the Demon King…”

There she stood again laughing in an insane manner. Her beautiful face suddenly underwent a kind of indefinable transformation.

Her face suddenly changed to vomit-inducing wretched shade of green, her soft lips began to twist, and her tender gaze shot out an odious glare from within

The joints of her two arms and legs suddenly bent the opposite direction, her long and slender legs spread open, exposing…

She used strength to squeeze and fondle for own nipples, “Come, hurry, use strength…”

Wang Feng was completely petrified, even his breathing stopped. He nearly couldn’t hold back and almost vomited.

But he didn’t.

She however did vomit something out, a kind of thick-green, foul-smelling cloudy liquid.

But then her face suddenly transformed back to its gentle and beautiful state, and moaned: “Don’t want it, it hurts…”

Her moaning voice again changed to a sharp roar, her face also changed again to the frightful and ferocious state.

These two states continued to transform back and forth on her face, sometimes her voice moaned, and sometimes muffled.

It’s absolutely impossible for a person to be able to display an expression like this, it’s also impossible for a person to be able to display a voice like this.

Afterwards she suddenly jumped up, her head abruptly twisted around, nearly twisting completely towards her back.

Her back faced Wang Feng, her head also faced Wang Feng, the thick liquid continued to spew from her mouth.

The room actually filled up entirely with this foul stench, as if it suddenly transformed into a personal hell of his own.

Wang Feng’s limbs were already ice-cold, as he retreated one step at a time.

She had already rushed over to the door, extending both arms out, blocking it, “Who are?”

Wang Feng used his strength to control himself and said, “I called Wang Feng.”

She suddenly laughed out loud, a fearsome frightful laugh, “You lie, you’re trying to deceive me.” Her laugh was even more insane than a madman, “You’re called Wang Chongsheng. You’re a little bastard with no concern for his life.”

Thick liquid spewed out again, spewing on Wang Feng’s body.

She suddenly lied down again, vigorously rubbing her breasts and vagina, and inserted that precious pearl inside. Her body continued to escalate in ecstasy non-stop.

“This woman is mine, get lost you, get lost!”

Wang Feng clenched his fists tightly, “The one who should get lost is you. You’re just an old bastard with no concern for his dignity.”

He suddenly wasn’t scared anymore. He’s heard of tales about demon possession before. He felt pity and ill, but never again will he feel fear.

He must expel this demon out of this woman’s body.

She was already in fit of rage, and suddenly grabbed the bedpost.

The large bed was strong and sturdy but, with her one gentle pull, it broke apart. With the bedpost in her hand, she strikes down at Wang Feng’s body with strength.

The amount of strength she displayed was fear-inducing.

From the side of her body, Wang Feng slipped through to the opposite wall. At that moment he immediately realized that one of the thirteen strange birds surrounding Blood Parrot in the painting was missing.

She lunged over to strike him.

Wang Feng abruptly shouted out: “I know who you are now. You’re a blood slave.”

Her hand started to tremble.

Wang Feng immediately continued: “I’ve seen your master. I still have two of its wishes. I can kill you, turn you into a cloud of ash, never to be whole again.”

The wooden post in her hand dropped to the ground.

Wang Feng calmly said, “So I advise you best get out of here, and return to ‘The World of Unnaturally Concentrated Happiness’.”

She dropped to the ground again, and sternly shouted out: “You little bastard, you want to forcefully steal away my woman, and meddle in our affairs? Even if I spare, the Demon King will not.”

The voice became softer and softer, sounding more and more distant.

Blood Slave’s crooked face and limbs immediately returned to normal, but her body was completely exhausted.

Sweat dripped down from the point of her nose, her whole body was covered in sweat, and her pupils displayed exhaustion and dilation from excitement.

She was also moaning and panting non-stop, afterwards a sweet and satisfied smile suddenly appeared on her face.

Wang Feng rushed outside to vomit.

After he finished, she was still lying down inside smiling. As if a kind of secret and sinister desire within her heart was fulfilled.

Looking at the painting on the wall again, the strange birds surrounding Blood Parrot once again added up to thirteen.

Wang Feng exhaled a long deep breath. Cold sweat had already soaked through his clothing.

She looked at him, and kept muttering: “You were really good, really good…”

-- That wasn’t me.

This sentence, Wang Feng didn’t dare nor could he bear to say.

Everything in the room was smashed to pieces. The only thing spared was that painting.

The clothing on one half of her body had also loosened. An object suddenly rolled out from between her thighs.

What she had inserted awhile ago was originally the pearl given to her by him, but now it had transformed in a demon rock.

A bright-red demon rock, the one that she had originally swallowed in a fit of rage.

What about the pearl?

Did it also return to ‘The World of Unnaturally Concentrated Happiness’, back into the hands of the Demon King?

--------

Night. A quiet early autumn night.

People didn’t seem to be surprised at all about the noise that came out of the little building.

As if this kind of thing happened all the time. Could it be that this wasn’t the first time it happened, and that these people were already all used to it?

It still seemed like Blood Slave didn’t even know what had happened.

At the moment, she was very calm and quiet, lying down on some bedding that Wang Feng had spread out for her, quietly watching him. Then she suddenly said, “You really are a frightening person.”

Wang Feng: “Oh?”

Blood Slave: “Because you’ll transform. That moment ago, it was like you suddenly transformed, transformed into a demon.” There was no resentment in her voice, only bliss, “It was like you ripped me open while I was still alive, and swallowed it dripping with blood.”

Wang Feng smiled a bitter smile.

He only had bitter smiles.

This mysterious, sinister and frightful incident, what exactly caused it to happen?

Was it because of that demon blood-created red rock?

Even though he witnessed it with his own eyes, he almost wasn’t able to believe even himself, so of course he was even more unable to explain what had happened.

Blood Slave suddenly asked, “Where’s that pearl you gave me?”

Wang Feng didn’t know, genuinely didn’t know.

He searched for a long time but still couldn’t find it -- the pearl mysteriously disappeared, but the demon rock reappeared in its place.

Who then has the ability to explain this incident?

Blood Slave softly sighed and said, “No matter, even if you took it back, it wouldn’t matter.” She caressed Wang Feng, “A man such as yourself shouldn’t need to spend money to be with a woman.”

Wang Feng didn’t respond.

He was looking at that coffin.

After having gone through that kind of ordeal, this coffin was unexpectedly intact and undamaged. Could it be that demons were also afraid of this person inside the coffin?

Blood Slave: “Now I know what that pebble was that you gave me.”

Wang Feng immediately asked, “What?”

Blood Slave’s gaze again carried an aura of intoxication, and softly said: “An aphrodisiac pill, it was definitely an aphrodisiac pill.”

Wang Feng smiled bitterly.

That otherworldly and sinister piece of demon rock was now back in his possession. He vowed from that point on that he won’t so casually take it out again.

But he couldn’t resist in trying to probe for some answers, “But just then you had said that this was a rock formed from drops of demon blood.”

Blood Slave admitted, “I really did think that, because in all honesty I’m rather obsessed with the story of the Demon King and Blood Parrot.”

Wang Feng: “Who told you about this story?”

Blood Slave: “The same person that painted this painting on the wall.”

Wang Feng: “Who is this person?”

Blood Slave: “His surname is Guo, an extraordinary but eccentric old man.”

Wang Feng’s eyes immediately lit up, “Is his name Guo Fan?!”

Blood Slave shook her head, “But I heard him say once that he had a brother named Guo Fan that really did see Blood Parrot once.” She also seemed to get a bit excited, “I hear that Blood Parrot appears once every seven years, and that now is the time for it to appear again.”

Wang Feng: “Therefore you started to call yourself Blood Slave, and waited here for it to appear.”

Blood Slave admitted again, “I said it before, this story really causes people to become obsessed.”

Wang Feng: “You really believe it?”

Blood Slave asked, “What about you?”

Wang Feng: “I…I don’t know.”

He originally didn’t believe it at all, but now he was all confused.

In this world, there were many mysterious and supernatural incidences that can neither be explained by human minds, nor be accomplished by human hands.

Now that he’s witnessed those few incidences happen with his own eyes, he has no choice but to believe.

A gust of wind blew by, and the empty birdcages outside started to swing back and forth.

Blood Slave: “Inside those were originally all parrots, because Blood Parrot is also a parrot. I always thought that it would definitely appear in the place that has the most parrots.”

Wang Feng: “It’s unfortunate that they all died.”

Blood Slave softly sighed, “Died in a very frightful way.”

Wang Feng: “Was it on the night of the first of the seventh month that they died?”

Blood Slave nodded, and called out: “How did you know?”

Wang Feng smiled bitterly, “I know many things, especially things I shouldn’t know.”

Blood Slave looked at him, “Do you also know whether or not Blood Parrot will appear here, and is that the reason why you came here in the first place?”

Wang Feng: “No.”

Blood Slave: “Then why did you come here?”

Wang Feng: “For the sake of this friend of mine.” He looked at that coffin, and sadly said: “He also died a very sad death. In his whole life, all he wished for was to be buried in his hometown after death.”

Blood Slave: “So that’s why you’re escorting his corpse back for a peaceful burial?”

Wang Feng: “He did not have many friends, and I just so happen didn’t have anything else to do.”

Blood Slave sighed again, “He’s really fortunate to have made a friend such as you.”

Wang Feng looked at her, and suddenly felt that she may in fact be a very kind-hearted young lady inside.

Her eerie and sinister exterior may be nothing more than the result of her environment, deliberately fabricated, and used to attract those wicked-hearted men.

Is wickedness not humankind’s most primal of all of temptations?

Wang Feng suddenly asked, “Are you willing to do me a favor?”

Blood Slave: “What is it?”

Wang Feng: “Destroy this painting on the wall. Even if you can’t destroy it at this moment, plaster a layer of white over it.”

Blood Slave: “Why?”

Wang Feng: “Because…because I don’t like it.”

Blood Slave looked at him, “If I do as you say, then are you willing to stay here?”

Wang Feng: “I…I guess I can at least keep you company for a little while longer.”

Blood Slave suddenly jumped up, “We’ll go buy the plaster now.”

Wang Feng: “You lie down, I’ll go.” He gently touched her face, “You can sleep in peace. With my friend here keeping you company, even demons won’t dare to come and disturb you.”

Blood Slave: “Why do you say that?”

Wang Feng smiled, “Because this friend of mine was a tough person in life, in death he’s most definitely a tough ghost as well.”

Blood Slave’s body drew back, “Will he come looking for me?”

Wang Feng: “Definitely won’t.” He cracked a smile, “Because he is my friend, and so are you.”

Blood Slave smiled as well, and with soft voice said, “In that case, even he suddenly jumps out from the coffin, I won’t be afraid.”

--------

The night was not yet late.

Not long after the lanterns were hung, Parrot Manor started to get lively.

The lantern lights in the courtyard were like stars, illuminating the garden of all its flowers and trees. With the well-dressed ladies and gentlemen amongst the flowers and trees, dancing in song, it was like looking at a painting.

This painting was of course in no way identical to that painting inside that small building. This was a beautiful painting filled with happiness.

But the people in this painting, how many of them had a sinister lust within their hearts?

Wang Feng walked over with big steps.

His heart suddenly felt very troubled. With big steps he entered a six-corner pavilion, and grabbed a jug of wine. In one gulp, drank down half of it, then tossed it out far away, smashing it to a million pieces.

The ladies and gentlemen drinking inside the pavilion were all petrified.

Wang Feng laughed loudly, and suddenly reached out and grabbed a person’s collar. He said, “Come with me.”

This person’s clothing was new and silky, like the clothing of a very successful merchant. He stuttered, “To do what?”

Wang Feng: “To buy plaster.”

This person said, “Plaster?”

Wang Feng: “The kind used to plaster walls with.”

Naturally this person didn’t want to go. Drinking wine with a beautiful woman in your arms is obviously much more pleasurable than compared to buying plaster.

It’s a pity that he doesn’t have a choice, because Wang Feng had already lifted his entire body up.

There were eight people inside the six-corner pavilion. Six were women, very young and very beautiful women -- even if they weren’t young, they at least didn’t look old; even if they weren’t beautiful, they at least had a certain allure.

Except for this person that was lifted up by Wang Feng, there was one other person left. The hair on both of his temples was graying, and although when he drank he drank joyfully, his eyes did not express any sort of happiness.

According to him, it seemed like coming to this kind of place wasn’t a thing to be happy about, and that it’s merely a thing that he’s got to do no matter what.

And although his friend was being mistreated by Wang Feng, he didn’t feel angry, nor did he feel frightened.

No matter what happens to other people, it’s like he’s not affected even the slightest. No matter who it is, it’s all the same.

He dully said nothing more than a sentence, “Buying plaster is very easy, come back quickly, we’ll be waiting for you.”

End of Chapter 3.
    有刀就有人,有人就有刀。

Wooo hooo,

Thanx AA. Such an intoxicating story.

///This section contains some sexually graphic and disturbing images.///
    I didn't know they can be both.

Thanks again for the translation