+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: Prominent CPC critic gives up.

  1. #61
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Dude, you aren't sad for the citizens of China. You are only worried about Taiwan.
    Dude, you care only for the Han Chinese. I care also for the Tibetans and Uyghers and all Han (and non-Han) Chinese like Mr Gao Zhisheng. As well as the parents of all the students who lost their lives in the Sichuan earthquake due to government corruption and badly built schools; the parents want to speak out and seek answers; all the PRC did was tell them to go home and have another child. What assurances do these parents have that when their 2nd child grows up and goes to school and another earthquake hits, they won't also die? I'm not an advocate for Theocracies, but why can't the Tibetans worship whom they want? The Dalai Lama has said again and again that Tibet is a part of China and wished for the '1 country, 2 systems' for Tibet; I don't think it should be a Theocracy, but why can't the Dalai Lama be their spiritual leader without political power? Why can't the Uyghers do as they choose? Because of the autocratic and oppresive policies of the PRC.

    And, yes, I am also worried for Taiwan which the PRC continues to smother to death in the international world, through denying them access to important and potential life saving access to world organizations and limiting Taiwan's ability to conduct free trade which effect the ROC citizen's opportunities for a successful life; forcing Taiwan to fall under their autocratic rule. Taiwan was an autocratic country under the Chiangs, there is no way Taiwan should fall back to that, no way Taiwan should give up any kind of freedom especially its ability to elect their own President (which will be the first thing that the PRC will take away) to ensure the leaders of Taiwan do what the people want, not the other way around.

    I care for all the people of China, whether they consider themselves to be part of China or not, and wish for them to have redress not only when times are good, but especially when things go bad.

    You care only for Han hegemony and PRC superiority.
    Last edited by Dirt; 04-12-10 at 02:48 PM.

  2. #62
    Moderator pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Dude, you care only for the Han Chinese. I care also for the Tibetans and Uyghers and all Han (and non-Han) Chinese like Mr Gao Zhisheng.
    but you're the one who said...

    Uyghers already have separate rights from Han. A Uygher can practically kill a Han, get sent back to their village and get off scot free.
    so according to you, it seems that the Uighurs are already favored and don't require you as an advocate.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  3. #63
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    So after four pages of this, people still haven't decided to ignore the troll and stop feeding it? Come on.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  4. #64
    Moderator pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    So after four pages of this, people still haven't decided to ignore the troll and stop feeding it? Come on.
    if we haven't learned from years of TC, why would we learn from just 4 pages?
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  5. #65
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    if we haven't learned from years of TC, why would we learn from just 4 pages?
    Hehe, true.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    So after four pages of this, people still haven't decided to ignore the troll and stop feeding it? Come on.
    Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll; just because I have the minority opinion, doesn't make me a troll. Nothing I have posted is something I made up, if you want me to provide links to back up my assertions, I can do so at request.

    Also, if you look through this thread again, I wasn't the one originally making adhominem and personal accusations and attacks against other posters without addressing the actual discussion in the thread. I have done everything to engage in honest discussion with everybody that disagrees with me (with the possible exception of kidd).

    Go ahead. Look up the definition of a troll. After you've done that, answer me this:

    What have you contributed to this discussion, xJadedx?

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    if we haven't learned from years of TC, why would we learn from just 4 pages?
    Sorry, pemberly, but that's a pretty irresponsible opinion for a Moderator to make.
    Last edited by Dirt; 04-12-10 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #67
    Moderator pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Sorry, pemberly, but that's a pretty irresponsible opinion for a Moderator to make.
    first off, it's not an opinion. secondly, it's the truth. even through years of being frustrated and annoyed and angered by TC's comments, many of us still give him the courtesy of responding with our honest opinions and trying to convince him of our arguments. i don't see why we wouldn't extend you the same courtesy, given that we've only "debated" for a few days and 4 pages.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    but you're the one who said...



    so according to you, it seems that the Uighurs are already favored and don't require you as an advocate.
    Uyghers have the opportunity to judge and punish their own people; this is based on the Soviet model of how to handle ethnic groups in a Communist manner. My post that you quoted is about Uyghers also having the ability to worship as they choose. I apologize if I was unclear.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    first off, it's not an opinion. secondly, it's the truth. even through years of being frustrated and annoyed and angered by TC's comments, many of us still give him the courtesy of responding with our honest opinions and trying to convince him of our arguments. i don't see why we wouldn't extend you the same courtesy, given that we've only "debated" for a few days and 4 pages.
    What does any of this have to do with the discussion at hand?

    If you wish to reprimand me as a Moderator for being a "troll", do so. Don't back hand me with a dismissive and off the cuff remark in a thread where your opinion on the subject is well known to be the opposite of mine. Don't be disingenuous, wield your authority over discussions responsibly.
    Last edited by Dirt; 04-12-10 at 05:02 PM.

  10. #70
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll; just because I have the minority opinion, doesn't make me a troll. Nothing I have posted is something I made up, if you want me to provide links to back up my assertions, I can do so at request.

    Also, if you look through this thread again, I wasn't the one originally making adhominem and personal accusations and attacks against other posters without addressing the actual discussion in the thread. I have done everything to engage in honest discussion with everybody that disagrees with me (with the possible exception of kidd).

    Go ahead. Look up the definition of a troll. After you've done that, answer me this:

    What have you contributed to this discussion, xJadedx?



    Sorry, pemberly, but that's a pretty irresponsible opinion for a Moderator to make.
    No one in this thread made ad hominem attacks on you (perhaps you should check what ad hominem means). Sure, people have made assumptions about your stances, but you clearly did not provide a decent enough argument to sway them of their views.
    You repeated the same things over and over again. Then you also seem to often contradict your own words, like many have pointed out. But when others have very clearly outlined a counter argument or pointed out the inconsistencies in your views, you didn't seem to be able to process and take them into account. To me this means you're either just bad at debating or a troll, the latter making you sound slightly better.

    I'm positive I've contributed nothing concrete to this particular discussion, but if you recall from my posts earlier, I did say I don't care enough about the topic to begin with. That said, it doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to read the ongoing from the side and occasionally insert my own opinions.

    Also, pemberly isn't a moderator of this particular forum, and even if she is, she has the right to say whatever she thinks is appropriate.
    But to be honest, I do think that we owe TC an apology. He usually takes things with much more grace.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    No one in this thread made ad hominem attacks on you (perhaps you should check what ad hominem means).
    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    But to be honest, I do think that we owe TC an apology. He usually takes things with much more grace.
    Here you go:

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

    Now, about the subject at hand.

  12. #72
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Sorry dear, it still doesn't fly. TC, judging by his past posts, is able to take things with much more grace than you. It's an observation and opinion, not an attack. If you don't wish us to see you that way, try changing how you respond to things.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Sorry dear, it still doesn't fly. TC, judging by his past posts, is able to take things with much more grace than you. It's an observation and opinion, not an attack. If you don't wish us to see you that way, try changing how you respond to things.
    Sorry, dude. I'm just doing what you told me to. As such, I'm going by objective definitions, not subjective opinions. You've given the latter, I've given the former. You asked me to look it up. You're free to have your opinion, but it isn't reality.

    Now, back to what you keep derailing this thread away from (what's the internet meme for that?): the subject at hand.
    Last edited by Dirt; 04-12-10 at 05:39 PM.

  14. #74
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    You care only for Han hegemony and PRC superiority.
    Jumping to conclusions again. This is so far from left field. I didn't even give one comment on the PRC, the Hans or the minorities etc in this whole thread and you already know my stand on this issue? You are Professor X or what?

    This is so extreme. People who disagree with you means they support PRC and Han hegemony?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  15. #75
    Moderator pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the discussion at hand?
    i'm merely responding directly to the comment you made about me personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    If you wish to reprimand me as a Moderator for being a "troll", do so. Don't back hand me with a dismissive and off the cuff remark in a thread where your opinion on the subject is well known to be the opposite of mine. Don't be disingenuous, wield your authority over discussions responsibly.
    i never called you a troll. as for my comments being disingenuous, that's your opinion. i'm not sure how you could interpret my comments as "dismissive" when i'm saying that i'm going to respond to you and not dismiss you.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  16. #76
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Jumping to conclusions again. This is so far from left field. I didn't even give one comment on the PRC, the Hans or the minorities etc in this whole thread and you already know my stand on this issue? You are Professor X or what?

    This is so extreme. People who disagree with you means they support PRC and Han hegemony?
    I see. What are your thoughts on the subject at hand?

  17. #77
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100603/...dent_australia

    Zhang Xiaogang is deported back to Australia. I salute your courage, Mr. Zhang!

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Is Dirt the new TC?
    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Off Topic: Jadey, this World Happenings thread is a cousin of OD. One way or the way, it would end up becoming a mini-me of OD thread.

    BTW, IMO, he has an EQ slightly higher than and more open-minded than TC. TC can be loveable in his own ways, minus his favouritism in eating of exotic animals.

    Slightly on topic: I wonder if I could migrate to India.
    If you want to a be a loyal follower of Al Gore and Yao Ming, you are free to do so but don't expect others to do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    if we haven't learned from years of TC, why would we learn from just 4 pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    first off, it's not an opinion. secondly, it's the truth. even through years of being frustrated and annoyed and angered by TC's comments, many of us still give him the courtesy of responding with our honest opinions and trying to convince him of our arguments. i don't see why we wouldn't extend you the same courtesy, given that we've only "debated" for a few days and 4 pages.
    Heheheh
    Why is my name keep popping in this thread before I make any comment.

    Kudo to Ren Wo Xing, your comments are pretty logical and make great sense. As for Dirt, stop forcing your beliefs and values into others.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Kudo to Ren Wo Xing, your comments are pretty logical and make great sense. As for Dirt, stop forcing your beliefs and values into others.
    Be fair. Tell Mainland China to stop forcing their beliefs and values onto Taiwan.

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Be fair. Tell Mainland China to stop forcing their beliefs and values onto Taiwan.
    Taiwan had been a province of china for century just like Tibet, Xinjiang and Inner mongolia. If the Taiwanese don't want to be part of China, then pack up and leave for another country that willing to accept them. Just like the people of Tibet, Xinjiang and inner mongolia, if they do not want to part of the country, then pack up and leave.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-13, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts