Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relic Of An Emissary 《 洪武三十二》

Default Relic Of An Emissary 《 洪武三十二》

Michael Tse is surrounded by many women in "Hong Wu 32"[/b]
    Source: Takungpao/MingPao
    Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

Michael Tse, Kay Tse, Elanne Kwong, Joe Ma, Sammul Chan and Joel Chan were having their costume fitting for TVB up coming new series "Hong Wu Thirty Two". In this series, Michael plays the role as a secret military guard. He was asked if he plays the similar role as Donnie Yan? He said although they were both fighters, their roles are very different, and Donnie's action fighting is much cooler and more sharper than his. Reporter asked if he is worried about rumors since he develops a love relationship with Elanne, but has emotional feelings with Kate and Jess as well? Michael said if there is rumor, it can only be pubicity, not real. There will always be rumors whether they go home together after work, or giving someone a lift to work.
    Michael said "I have to investigate a case in the series, but I have more scene playing opposite to male artists than females, in particular with Sammul.

Kate plays the role as a brothel madame as well as a secret military guard. The reporter asked if she has to strip in the series? She laughed and said no, but she has to wear see through clothes. She said "TV standard is different from the movie. That is the limit already" Kate was asked if there is any intimate scene between her and Michael? Kate said there will be , but she doesn't know the details yet. She has to wait and see.

This is Elanne's first time acting in an ancient TV series. She plays the princess, and Joe Ma is her brother. Elanne said "I was worried at first that I don't have the appearance for being "ancient". Fortunately the outcome is not bad indeed." Elanne revealed in the series, she was emotionally attracted to Michael, Sammul and Bejanin Yuen. Talking about her not being loyal to one man only, she said "Michael is the same, he is surrounded by many women. But in the end, it is a happy ending."

Elanne expressed that she is not at all worried about any rumors about her and Michael by the media. She is more concerned that she may have her mouth lopsided by laughing too much. She went on to say "Michael always teases me and makes fun of me. I am sure when we start filming, I will be laughing all the time. I am worried we'll have plenty NG "[/font][/COLOR]

Link
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...in-hong-wu-32/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ol.mingpao.com/ftp/Lady/20100410/saa01/_10MB009_.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.michael-tse.com/bbs/attachment/Mon_1004/8_60_6fabe0f52cef026.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ol.mingpao.com/ftp/Lady/20100410/saa01/_10MB010_.jpg')
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-01-11 at 07:29 PM. Reason: 洪武三十二》

Thanks for creating this thread. I'm looking forward to this series. People dubbed it sequel to E.U. but I consider it a standalone historical series. How can it be E.U. sequel without Ron?

This series is set in the period before Admiral Zheng He gone on his many voyages.

Here's the casting according to this blog.

http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2010/0...-pictures.html

Cast:
    Joe Ma - Zhu Di (future emperor YongLe)
    Sammul Chan - Zheng He (later become admiral. He's a muslim eunuch)
    Micheal Tse - Ao Xiao Feng (an imperial guard)
    Kate Tsui - owner of a Burlesque house (also an imperial guard)
    - Kate will have romantic storyline with Joe and Michael.
    Elanne Kong - a princess
    Sky Chan - Zhu Di's consort
    Kaki Leung - Joel' Chan's consort
    Joel Chan - an emperor (I think he wil play Emperor Jianwen whose throne Zhu Di will ursurp)

More info:
    Sammul will have many fight scenes with Michael, and many dialogue scenes with Joe.
    - Elanne Kong will play a princess, who is Joe's younger sister.
    - There is a romantic storyline among Michael, Elanne, Sammul, and Sire Ma. Sammul will have a crush on Elanne, but her most loved is Michael.
    - Michael has a romantic storyline with Kate, Elanne, and Jess Sum.
    - Elanne and Michael will play an arguing couple, and they will end up, but she will also have a romantic storyline with Sammul and Benjamin Yuen

I wonder who will Benjamin play.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-11-10 at 10:19 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

This series' name has been changed to 'Relic Of An Emissary'

Series details.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic_of_an_Emissary

I didn't think I would like this show but I'm completely hooked! It takes me back to the historical wuxia dramas that TVB excelled at in the '80s (a little like Grand Canal but obviously not at the same expense). Sammul's best role yet! Elanne Kong is completely out of place and super whiny [cringe].

There are a lot of historical inconsistencies in here but they can be easily ignored when you settle into the story. I still think the dialogue is too modern at times but most people like Law Lok Lum and Joe Ma and Ruco Chan are doing great delivering their ancient dialogue.

So far, I love both Joe and Sammul. Joe is very commanding in here and shows his authority as the experienced and conflicted Zhu Di. I mean I know what will happen in the end but I think I will be cheering him on. Sammul is just perfect in here. Michael is OK, and he looks strange in ancient clothing. Thought Michael overacted too much in ep 1 but in later episodes he is better. Maybe he is always standing next to Sammul so I don't think he is that interesting! I love Ruco in here! Looks strange in ancient clothing at first glance but he settles nicely into his role. Joel is also doing well with his lines but his character is pretty one-dimensional so still waiting for some more development.

This must be Kate's best role in TVB so far. She exudes that sexy aura and you can see the different personalities in her characters already. Can't wait for her to interact with the men. Elanne Kong looks terrible! Her face is too modern and her voice is irritating! She moves very awkwardly and does not look like a princess at all. Her princess is super annoying and bratty! She looks bad with all three men and has no chemistry! Oh my dear Sammul! I think Charmaine Li who plays her maid is more suitable for her role in terms of looks and acting.

Fred Cheng's character seems out of place here in both looks and character. Seems too innocent and clumsy to be in the Royal Brocade Guards who are the elite of the elite. It could happen in normal guard placements but who with a brain would put him in dangerous assignment? Benjamin so far is a block of wood.

BTW, I love the themesong. It suits the series perfectly and Joe can sing better than I thought. He's not a great singer but his voice grows on me. The subsong is too modern.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

@ charbydis

What about Cheung Chung Chi? How did he do here? This is one of the very rare occasions that he played a good guy. At least, historically the character he played was a good guy who contributed a lot to medicine. After being a victim of political struggle several times, he gave up politics and just focus on studying herbs.

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/朱橚
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=390561360702
    Last edited by kidd; 04-13-11 at 04:54 AM.

The only reason im watching this series is because of Joe and Sammul. Esp. Joe is always is joy to watch as a powerful person.

Sammul's role is supposed to be a eunuch, but till now (eps 7) there is no mention of him being one. Did TVB exercise their 'artistic' license on his role or did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    Sammul's role is supposed to be a eunuch, but till now (eps 7) there is no mention of him being one. Did TVB exercise their 'artistic' license on his role or did I miss something?
    His character profile in TVB website did state that he's an eunuch.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    @ charbydis

What about Cheung Chung Chi? How did he do here? This is one of the very rare occasions that he played a good guy. At least, historically the character he played was a good guy who contributed a lot to medicine. After being a victim of political struggle several times, he gave up politics and just focus on studying herbs.

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/朱橚
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=390561360702
    Not sure. So far, Deno is just a backdrop character, meaning that he is a minor character that only appears when there is a lot of people. i do hope that they show more of him soon.

Right now, I can't believe how much better Elanne looks in ep 8 in teh red dress than her princess robe. Her hairstylist should be fired. It does not compliment her face at all.

Quote Originally Posted by athlee
    Originally Posted by athlee
    I think it is supposed to be a surprise like when a girl falls in love him or something. To those familiar with Ming history, the minute you hear his name you know that he is definately a eunuch.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just started watching this series. Man...I love Lau Kong's voice. I say this because I always watched TVB dubbed, so watching it in Canto....i just love Lau Kong's voice...when he first appeared its like he was singing...haha..Law Lok Lam and Lau Kong always seem to appear in the same series ALOT.

Interesting roles for Joe Ma, Sammul Chan and Michael Tse. I'm not exactly interested in any of the girls yet. Maybe their characters will win me over.

Sammul's eyes looks glassy sometimes does he wear contact lens?

Joe Ma has come a long way from cameo roles. Okay...where's Derek Kwok nowadays?

Oh Ruco looks so handsome...man I swear just watching for the story and all the handsome and equally talented actors.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I like the series.

I'm not digging the music tho. The music is like from over 10 years ago.

Come on TVB, think of some new music for the series!!

QF
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

Yeah! Sammul is wear contact lens because Zheng He is from an ethnic background. He is supposed to have coloured eyes.

After eight eps, I have given up on Joel as the Emperor. He seems really tired and uncomfortable as the Emperor whereas he was more relaxed as the Royal-Grandson. Joe and Ruco looks very comfortable and into character! Love Ruco! I whenever he is on screen! Why won't TVB let him sing?

What is Sire Ma's role in the entire story? She seems like a vase.
    Cyril Connolly

it's getting more and more boring. I just skip the boring parts. The ending song is so bad TVB shoud not let everybody sing.

Elanne Kong [who is only kind of attractive in modern clothing] does not have the ancient look.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Elanne Kong [who is only kind of attractive in modern clothing] does not have the ancient look.
    personally i don't find her attractive in modern series either. read she had some plastic operation done. im really bored by this series except the parts with joe ma. think i will watch "yes sir no sir" instead. linda looks extremely hot in that series and moses seems funny too

I agree that Linda looks so pretty in this series haha. Is she getting tanner? Don't know what it is, perhaps the makeup and hair is more flattering. I just finished watching her as a ghost paired with Wong He, Twilight Investigation, and she looked good except gigantic next to Wong He.
    I like me.

Thanks to kidd and charbydis for taking the time to answer. I finally got the answer when

click to show/hide spoilers
    flashback in eps 8 shows young Sammul telling the young princess that he is a 宦官 (eunuch), except that she doesn't understand what that means, lol.

It also appears to be a secret since Michael Tse definitely doesn't know
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    I like the series.

I'm not digging the music tho. The music is like from over 10 years ago.

Come on TVB, think of some new music for the series!!

QF
    Yes. I know what you're talking about. I can hear the old background music from Journey to the West 1998-99 and HSDS2000. TVB should really hire some good music composers. They're losing out compared to Korea, Japan, and even Mainland has better background music.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

LOL - I thought it was just me! I could swear that TVB is partially reusing the Step into the Past soundtrack with some really really old LOCH/ROCY stuff.