Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Astrology?

yep i knew about it, read up a fair bit alongside with 1001 field of studies. but i don't particularly buy into it, especially in the realm of fortune telling (i prefer the more accurate guidance of the Holy Spirit). I do note the particular attributes that goes to a person based on their birth hour ~ but that seemed to me more like a collective data of statistics, pretty much similar to ~ a certain group of people displaying certain characteristics. It does have a degree of truth in it, but thats pretty much like weather forecast - higher chance of accurate 'prediction' when the day comes nearer, but anything can happen, and weather is in itself the most unpredictable.

i would definitely not tossed the field of studies into the bin as 'total nonsense' because it is indeed a profound study by itself ~ the question is, how do we use this data? Many people who do not know any better might be 'misled' and hence theres the general opinion that 'dabbling with the "occult" can be dangerous'. I'd also researched into tarot cards, and used to do readings for people.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Aquarius Rising
    I like this name.

Give me a mental image of big blue wave.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I'm sorry but she doesn't just provide teaching on astrology or relevant arts of such to anyone unless you're a friend of hers. Besides, she is quite busy with her travelling for her job.

However, you can throw a few questions here and we can discuss to figure it out. Sometimes, how you feel a particular pointer meant to you is important too. For instance, once I seek help from her for a dream interpretation. But in the end, I managed to figure out what the dream was trying to "tell" me after I got some pointers from her.
    Ahh, that's a shame, oh well. Maybe YOU can advise me then!

I only asked because I have a speech for English coming up and I wanted to talk about western astrology and birth charts to the class. Basically explaining things like the houses, true node, fun facts, stuff like that. I'm even gonna print out a random chart and even go through a power point presentation with them. See how much astrology is! it's got me in the academic mood HAAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Ahh, that's a shame, oh well. Maybe YOU can advise me then!

I only asked because I have a speech for English coming up and I wanted to talk about western astrology and birth charts to the class. Basically explaining things like the houses, true node, fun facts, stuff like that. I'm even gonna print out a random chart and even go through a power point presentation with them. See how much astrology is! it's got me in the academic mood HAAHA
    Cool, I think I could dig up from my brain on those that I remember. I think I still have the email where my friend gave me the "homework" on the houses.

First to start off, we need to understand that every sign in the horoscope has a unique profile of personality. Which means, when that sign, that personality is in that house, you would bear the characteristics for that house. There are 13th signs, BTW. I think this 13th sign is quite a recent thing (definitely not more than 100 years ago). The one unique sign which was discovered starts with S (I forgot the full name) and it is half snake half something else (I forgot what's the other half too). It is after Scorpio and before Sagg (range from late november to early dec, if my memory serves me).
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

whoa cool, there's a 13th sign? Sourplum, you should start asking relevant questions right away so the rest of us can take notes!
    I like me.

Cool, I think I could dig up from my brain on those that I remember. I think I still have the email where my friend gave me the "homework" on the houses.

First to start off, we need to understand that every sign in the horoscope has a unique profile of personality. Which means, when that sign, that personality is in that house, you would bear the characteristics for that house. There are 13th signs, BTW. I think this 13th sign is quite a recent thing (definitely not more than 100 years ago). The one unique sign which was discovered starts with S (I forgot the full name) and it is half snake half something else (I forgot what's the other half too). It is after Scorpio and before Sagg (range from late november to early dec, if my memory serves me).
    Sounds like Medusa.

I remember reading about the 13th sign many years ago. It appears because some alignment have shifted. But, astrologist said that it doesn't matter. The study of astrology doesn't follow exactly the placement of the constellation.

The 13th sign is Ophiuchus (aka Serpentarius) the Serpent Bearer.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Sounds like Medusa.

I remember reading about the 13th sign many years ago. It appears because some alignment have shifted. But, astrologist said that it doesn't matter. The study of astrology doesn't follow exactly the placement of the constellation.

The 13th sign is Ophiuchus (aka Serpentarius) the Serpent Bearer.
    Kidd got it! These terms are interesting. Just like AquaRIUS (water BEARER)

It is also supposed to be a masculine sign. Speaking of which, I have to add that as far as the astrology signs are concerned, they are also divided into masculine and feminine signs on top of the 4 elemental division (namely air, fire, water and earth - 3 signs in each). I know Cancer and Scorpio, and obviously Virgo are among the feminine signs. I think it goes on an alternating trait. Meaning to say, Aries is masculine so the next sign should be a feminine sign.

The elements:-

Air: communicative, versatile
    Fire: impulsive, leader traits
    water: emotional, intuitive
    Earth: practical, ambitious

So, I heard only Scorpio has abit of Fire traits due to its co-dominant planet, Mars. I think some of you may know that each sign has a ruling planet to it.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-23-10 at 02:31 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Scorpion and Cancer look very masculine, what with the hardshell and the weapons (the clamps).

Just found out. The feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.

Taurus (bull) and Capricorn (mountain goat with big horns) also look very masculine.

Btw, thanks for all the info on astrology. It's too complicated an art for me to study.

It seems that the feminine elements are Water and Earth. All 6 feminine signs are either water or earth.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-23-10 at 02:58 AM.

Apparently Scorpio is actually a Water sign not a Fire sign according to a lot of the astrology websites I have looked at. That's quite odd because as you say, Ceddy, I remember that Mars is the ruler of Scorpio.

If follow we 21st century constellation placement i.e. including Ophiuchus, our sign will be like this. Anyone find their sign has changed? Anyone here is an Ophiuchus?

SAGITTARIUS December 19 - January 20
    CAPRICORNUS January 21 - February 16
    AQUARIUS February 17 - March 13
    PISCES March 14 - April 19
    ARIES April 20 - May 15
    TAURUS May 16 - June 21
    GEMINI June 22 - July 21
    CANCER July 22 - August 10
    LEO August 11 - September 17
    VIRGO September 18 - October 31
    LIBRA November 1 - November 24
    SCORPIUS November 25 - November 30
    OPHIUCHUS December 1 - December 18

Source: http://simostronomy.blogspot.com/201...of-zodiac.html

Personally, I think the people who were born before the shift should follow the old placement while the people who are born after the shift should follow the new list.

Quote Originally Posted by astrologycom.com
    The masculine signs are:
    Aries | Gemini | Leo | Libra | Sagittarius | Aquarius

The feminine signs are:
    Taurus | Cancer | Virgo | Scorpio | Capricorn | Pisces

Generally speaking, planets in feminine signs in your horoscope add sensitivity and emotional depth, while those in masculine signs add spirituality and activity, whether physical or mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by nanceestar.com

The elemental sings

Fire.....Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius
    Earth.....Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
    Air.....Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
    Water....Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
    Guys take a look at the attached birth chart. What can we get out of it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sourplum; 04-23-10 at 03:34 AM.

So according to the new one, I'm now a Taurus and Bunny is now an Ares

For anyone who is into Astrology, you could do up a personal chart in here >> www.astro.com. It's free!
    Is there somewhere I can do it for free but without needing me to sign up as member?

Nevermind. Found liao.

http://www.0800-horoscope.com/birthchart.php
    http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal
    Last edited by kidd; 04-23-10 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Apparently Scorpio is actually a Water sign not a Fire sign according to a lot of the astrology websites I have looked at. That's quite odd because as you say, Ceddy, I remember that Mars is the ruler of Scorpio.
    No, actually, the dominant ruling planet for Scorpio is Pluto, and Mars is the co-dominant ruling sign. Yes, Scorpio is a Fixed, and Water sign by element distribution. Mars is the ruling planet for Aries.

Oh, not to forget, the signs are also categorised into the follow nature that further varies their personalities:-

Fixed - Aquarius, Taurus, Leo, Scorpio
    Cardinal - Capricorn, Aries, Cancer, Libra
    Mutual - Pisces, Gemini, Virgo, Saggitarius

What pattern do you noticed from this categorisation?

click to show/hide spoilers
    Each element of sign in line.

If follow we 21st century constellation placement i.e. including Ophiuchus, our sign will be like this. Anyone find their sign has changed? Anyone here is an Ophiuchus?

LIBRA November 1 - November 24

Source: http://simostronomy.blogspot.com/201...of-zodiac.html

Personally, I think the people who were born before the shift should follow the old placement while the people who are born after the shift should follow the new list.
    I'm a libra then

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    So according to the new one, I'm now a Taurus and Bunny is now an Ares
    You're so concerned?

Is there somewhere I can do it for free but without needing me to sign up as member?
    Actually, you do not need to sign up as member. I didn't. You may build your chart as a guest. Try here.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/ade.cgi?rac...rs=3&btyp=w2gw
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-23-10 at 04:28 AM.

Actually, you do not need to sign up as member. I didn't. You may build your chart as a guest. Try here.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/ade.cgi?rac...rs=3&btyp=w2gw
    Thanks. Why does the form has a 3rd gender option called 'event'?

What you put as the first name does not affect your chart right?

Anyway, I did a chart liao but couldn't read it at all. Haha. Useless info.

Oh, not to forget, the signs are also categorised into the follow nature that further varies their personalities:-

Fixed - Aquarius, Taurus, Leo, Scorpio
    Cardinal - Capricorn, Aries, Cancer, Libra
    Mutual - Pisces, Gemini, Virgo, Saggitarius

What pattern do you noticed from this categorisation?
    Coincidentally, I only found out about this today. Just read an article only Astrology and it has this info.

http://www.astrology.com.au/12signs/index.asp

THE QUATERNARIES

The Quaternaries are three in number - this means that the 12 signs of the Zodiac are divided into three categories of four signs each. They are called the Cardinal signs, the Fixed signs and the Mutable signs.

The Cardinal signs

The Cardinal signs are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn which are the signs of dynamic change, movement and great vitality.

The Fixed signs

The Fixed signs are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius and relate to stability, earthiness and fixity. The determination of the Fixed signs expresses itself in the form of great willpower.

The Mutable signs

The Mutable signs cover Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces which are the adaptable and interchangeable signs capable of moulding and modifying circumstances and conditions in life.

I'm a libra then
    So, you are a person with great determination and willpower.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-23-10 at 05:48 AM.

So what is an OPHIUCHUS?
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Thanks. Why does the form has a 3rd gender option called 'event'?

What you put as the first name does not affect your chart right?

Anyway, I did a chart liao but couldn't read it at all. Haha. Useless info.
    1) I don't know for the hybrids, maybe

2) Yeah, in fact any name doesn't a matter

3) You can blanko your vital infor and only reveal your chart. Let's study it out then.

So, you are a person with great determination and willpower.
    It depends

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    So what is an OPHIUCHUS?
    I think it's the astro-name (Latin term, I suppose) for the Serpentarius. Just like Capricorn is known Capricornus.

3) You can blanko your vital infor and only reveal your chart. Let's study it out then.
    You can help Sourplum read hers first.

His, kidd, his