Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Astrology?

Default Anyone into Astrology?

This field is bigger than I imagined it to be! Apparently our star signs are only one element in the bigger picture, so it's not as simple as I thought.

OoOh I AM! I just saw this!

I'm a Taurus Sun, Capricorn Moon, and Aquarius Rising. I also have my Venus in Taurus and Mars in Scorpio. I believe to "accurately" interpret one's character and/or inclinations, you must not only look at the Sun Sign. The Sun sign is what you read in the Style section of the newspaper. You must also factor in planets, aspects, and synastries to get a more "complete picture." It's quite a nifty field actually. And quite math-y too!
    I like me.

I used to be a big fan of Astronomy, but never of Astrology. There ain't many things as pleasant as looking into the starry sky through a telescope. No offense but IMHO Astrology is a bullcrap pseudoscience.

...okay.

So what's your sign!?
    I like me.

For anyone who is into Astrology, you could do up a personal chart in here >> www.astro.com. It's free!

I used to be quite a fan of it and had a gypsy friend to teach me on that but I have to step back now. I'm not allowed to. I'm still friends with taht gypsy tho.

If I remember, there are ten houses which refers to.... I forgot.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ...okay.

So what's your sign!?
    It's Libra.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I used to be quite a fan of it and had a gypsy friend to teach me on that but I have to step back now. I'm not allowed to. I'm still friends with taht gypsy tho.
    ...this smells of self censorship and possible rehabilitation. hehe
    I like me.

It is due to religion actually. But I can never deny that astrology is a tempting subject for me.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I like astrology on a general sense, but I'm not so into it that I would be interested to learn what my sun and moon are and blahblahblah. Too much information and I'm not willing to take them in.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I like astrology on a general sense, but I'm not so into it that I would be interested to learn what my sun and moon are and blahblahblah. Too much information and I'm not willing to take them in.
    Gimme your time of birth and I'll get you your astrology profile. Not publicly tho. You won't know if anyone (member or guests) could get it down and cast a voodoo on you.

I don't want to see a zombie GX anytime soon.

Now, as a slowly recall, I vaguely remember that there's 10 houses because there are 10 planets. And each sign may contain a house. I was told that I have lots of "fire". Both my ascendant (rising sign) and moon are fire signs.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-13-10 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Gimme your time of birth and I'll get you your astrology profile. Not publicly tho. You won't know if anyone (member or guests) could get it down and cast a voodoo on you.

I don't want to see a zombie GX anytime soon.

Now, as a slowly recall, I vaguely remember that there's 10 houses because there are 10 planets. And each sign may contain a house. I was told that I have lots of "fire". Both my ascendant (rising sign) and moon are fire signs.
    你是不是要去配對我們的生辰八字?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    你是不是要去配對我們的生辰八字?
    Awww.... We're a blessed match, a match made in heaven. My 6th sense told me so.

Who here can read a chart? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Who here can read a chart? :P
    I need a very long time to figure it out. I remember the interpretation of the chart has got something to do with the characteristics of each sign, and understanding of the meaning of each house (the planets). For eg. 1st house = wealth, 2nd house love....etc.

Anyone know about the 'True Node'?

Funny, why is it that some rising sign can be quite far apart from one's sun sign? Mine is Sagg which is a neighbour of scorp. It means that I have a strong trait of Sagg.

I love astrology, though I do agree that it's just pseudoscience. It's very interesting, and becomes even more interesting when you start seeing a lot of those descriptions about yourself being true.

Then of course, you read the descriptions of all the other signs, and then you realize that those seem to fit you just as well. o_O So yeah, fun to play around with, but nothing I would take too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    It's very interesting, and becomes even more interesting when you start seeing a lot of those descriptions about yourself being true. Then of course, you read the descriptions of all the other signs, and then you realize that those seem to fit you just as well.
    Yes, this is when one starts feeling like a hypochondriac. haha, It's fun and humorous though, especially when reading negative traits. I have no idea what a True Node, it sounds complicated, yo.

Funny, why is it that some rising sign can be quite far apart from one's sun sign? Mine is Sagg which is a neighbour of scorp. It means that I have a strong trait of Sagg.
    Dude, I feel you. My Sun is in Taurus, but my Ascendent is in Aquarius. They are not alike, except that with this combination, I'm a total and serious homebody. Which is true, I'm notorious for always being home but never awake. Sometimes, you just gotta believe.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Dude, I feel you. My Sun is in Taurus, but my Ascendent is in Aquarius. They are not alike, except that with this combination, I'm a total and serious homebody.
    But I think your homebody trait is due to your capricorn moon. Just like my hopelessly lazy trait is due to my leo moon. Lazy and Leo comes in one package.

Which is true, I'm notorious for always being home but never awake. Sometimes, you just gotta believe.
    Nice one! You're funny, friend!

Hey Ceddy, think you can get me in touch with your gypsy friend? I'd like someone to teach me how to read charts.

I love astrology! it fascinates me and makes for very interesting reading ! just started to learn more beyond sun signs reecently and realise that the sun sign alone is not adequate as a self-profile. moon signs, ascenedents etc are also very important influences on your basic make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    Hey Ceddy, think you can get me in touch with your gypsy friend? I'd like someone to teach me how to read charts.
    I'm sorry but she doesn't just provide teaching on astrology or relevant arts of such to anyone unless you're a friend of hers. Besides, she is quite busy with her travelling for her job.

However, you can throw a few questions here and we can discuss to figure it out. Sometimes, how you feel a particular pointer meant to you is important too. For instance, once I seek help from her for a dream interpretation. But in the end, I managed to figure out what the dream was trying to "tell" me after I got some pointers from her.