Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Dugu Successors

8 57.14%
  • Team Mongolia

6 42.86%

Thread: Team War: Team Dugu Successors vs Team Mongolia

Default Team War: Team Dugu Successors vs Team Mongolia

The Dugu Successors - Yang Guo, Feng Qingyang, and Linghu Chong -have decided to assassinate Genghis Khan for the sake of the Hans. Genghis Khan quickly combines his elite forces from ROCH and HSDS for protection in response.

A Team War is inevitable.

Team Dugu Successors:

Yang Guo + Feng Qingyang + Linghu Chong

vs

Team Mongolia:

Golden Wheel Monk + Xiaoxiangzi + Nimoxing + Yin Kexi + Daerba + Huodu + Cheng Kun + Xuanming Elders + Eight-Armed Swordsman Fang Dongbai + A Er + A San.

Which team will win and have the last laugh?

Discuss and don't forget to vote.

Team Mongolia is stacked...Yang Guo shouldn't be doing much if any better than Guo Jing in the mongolian camp scene, so the first four fighters should be enough for Yang Guo. I can't imagine Feng Qingyang and Linghu Chong taking on 6 Xiang Wentian-ish caliber fighters + Huodu and Daerba.

I originally included Divine Condor as part of Team Dugu. would that have made it more balanced?

Quite a bit I'd say. The teams are pretty stacked since it's such a large number of fighters against so few.

'1 vs n' is LHC's, and maybe FCY's as well, expertise. He will just thrust his sword out at astounding angles and blind all but perhaps Wheelie. Seeing that Wheelie would sh!t his pants.

Yeah, I was gonna include Divine Condor in Team Dugu and was thinking of throwing in those 24 Tibetan monks that competed internal energy with ZWJ on Team Mongolia but then that would've bordered on ridiculousness (that'd be like 36 fighters on Team Mongolia and Genghis Khan would feel too safe).

I was thinking though...Team Dugu could score a victory if FQY + LHC draws with Wheelie (DG9J vs Great 5 Wheels Technique) and YG just pure outmuscles the rest of them, seeing how he can KO fighters like Xiaoxiangzi in one hit with his HIS technique back in Chongyang Palace and keep 3 of them at his mercy within his palm wind at that restaurant. Although there are 11 fighters and not 3 this time. Hmmmm
    Last edited by augster123; 04-13-10 at 12:26 AM. Reason: details

I'm not quite sure Yang Guo could out muscle everyone due to the sheer numbers of skilled opponents. He'd have to focus a lot of energy on defense at all angles and be unable to send out a full forced palm or sword thrust without leaving him open somewhere or another. I think all of the fighters with the exception of Huodu and Daerba have the capability to seriously injure Yang Guo if they could land a full forced blow on him.

The closest comparison fight I can think of is Jiumozhi versus the Tianlong monks, where we see a Great fight several high quality but still much inferior opponents. I'd say most of Team Mongolia is around their level, and this time there's NINE of them plus Huodu and Daerba not counting Goldie. Yang Guo would definitely have heaps of trouble especially with one arm.
    Last edited by tape; 04-13-10 at 12:42 AM.

Forgive my ignorance...but who is Fang Dongbai?

I think if Team Dugu (including the Divine Condor) has the initiative and can take full advantage of it to even the odds quickly, then it will be likely that Dugu will win. But if the fight turns out to be a drawn out one, or that neither side has the initiative, then Team Mongolia will likely win.

By initiative I mean being able to strike 1st and control the situation and/or your opponents' options.

Some things I kinda expect in the beginning:
    1. Those facing the Condor may hold back abit due to its outlandish appearance and a almost total ignorance of what it is capable of. This will work out to be an advantage to Team Dugu. The question is how long will this hesitation be.
    2. That loser Cheng Kun (and Goldie to a lesser extent) will probably hold back and let others fight 1st so that he can access the skill of the opponents and choose an opportune time to make a devastating and easy kill.

Team Dugu really just needs to use a bit of tactics and they've plenty of brains to do that with.

One on one, Team Dugu simply annihilates most of Team Mongolia. Therefore, do everything possible to be in that scenario. Unless it has to be an all-out brawl with a frontal assault, there should be plenty of ways to draw out the defenders, smash one, and then withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Team Dugu really just needs to use a bit of tactics and they've plenty of brains to do that with.

One on one, Team Dugu simply annihilates most of Team Mongolia. Therefore, do everything possible to be in that scenario. Unless it has to be an all-out brawl with a frontal assault, there should be plenty of ways to draw out the defenders, smash one, and then withdraw.
    Not easy though. The Xuanming elders have superior qinggong than the famed Wudang Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I'm not quite sure Yang Guo could out muscle everyone due to the sheer numbers of skilled opponents. He'd have to focus a lot of energy on defense at all angles and be unable to send out a full forced palm or sword thrust without leaving him open somewhere or another. I think all of the fighters with the exception of Huodu and Daerba have the capability to seriously injure Yang Guo if they could land a full forced blow on him.

The closest comparison fight I can think of is Jiumozhi versus the Tianlong monks, where we see a Great fight several high quality but still much inferior opponents. I'd say most of Team Mongolia is around their level, and this time there's NINE of them plus Huodu and Daerba not counting Goldie. Yang Guo would definitely have heaps of trouble especially with one arm.
    Yang Guo shrugged off Ying Gu's full powered palm attack on his chest, showing his capability to nullify those landed hits without trouble. Of course I'm not saying that all 11 guys are only at Ying Gu's level but it's something to think about.

Let's not forget while he's swinging that HIS around, daring those 11 guys to face the continuous sword strikes head on (which i'm not sure any one of them parry it off successfully except for GWM), he can also infuse his sleeve with internal energy from time to time to whip it out on any of the attackers if he does get surrounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugu Qiubai's cousin View Post
    Forgive my ignorance...but who is Fang Dongbai?
    He's a famous, skilled ex Beggar Clan swordsman, being the leader (Ah Dai) of the Mongol trio to challenge Wu Dang martial arts. He is also the first opponent to ever experience the marvelous sword skill Tai Chi Sword Skill, tasting bitter defeat and losing his arm as a result. Z3F ftw. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Not easy though. The Xuanming elders have superior qinggong than the famed Wudang Heroes.
    I was always under the impression that XM Elders' Lightness Kungfu was very mediocre and yet they're better than famed Wudang Heroes, even with their "Cloud Stairs" Lightness Skill?
    Last edited by augster123; 04-13-10 at 04:10 PM. Reason: details

Not to mention one of our heroes is Yang Guo of the famed Ancient Tomb lightness kungfu

Quote Originally Posted by augster123 View Post
    I was always under the impression that XM Elders' Lightness Kungfu was very mediocre and yet they're better than famed Wudang Heroes, even with their "Cloud Stairs" Lightness Skill?
    It's an assertion that's been made here before, but reading it again, it doesn't explicitly compare He Biweng with Yu Lianzhou. The passage does compare Yin Susu with him though, and he looks pretty impressive in this passage. From chapter 9 - Eternal delight as the seven heroes reunited.
    That soldier also couldn’t handle Yu LianZhou’s palm either, and fell
    off the horse. He then carried WuJi and ran forward. Applying lightness
    kung fu, he was already forty-some meters away in an instant.
    When Zhang CuiShan caught up to Yu LianZhou, he saw a pale expression on
    his second brother. Knowing that he’s seriously injured, Zhang CuiShan
    went over to help him.

Yin SuSu cared deeply for her child, and kept chasing. But that
    Mongolian soldier’s lightness kung fu is much better than hers. He
    quickly disappeared into the distance. Even so, Yin SuSu still wouldn’t
    give up. She only had one thought in mind, “Even if it costs me my life,
    I still must get my son back.”

Yu LianZhou whispered, “Quick, get sister-in-law to stop chasing…” Zhang
    CuiShan raised his spear and killed the two soldiers besides them. He
    asked, “How’s your injury?” Yu LianZhou said, “It’s no big deal. First…
    first catch sister-in-law.” Zhang CuiShan was afraid that there are more
    kung fu experts among the remaining soldiers. So he went around and
    killed all the soldiers first. Then he got on a horse to chase after Yin
    SuSu.
    After a few miles, he finally saw Yin SuSu. But her steps are staggered,
    obviously from exhaustion. Zhang CuiShan picked her up onto the horse.
    Yin SuSu pointed forward, and cried in tears, “He’s gone. I couldn’t
    catch up, couldn’t catch up.” And then her eyes closed, and fainted.

So He Biweng outpaced a horse over a number of miles until they gave up the chase. Of course, we later also see that the average Mongolian soldier is faster than the Xuanming elders. Which means the average Mongolian soldier must have lightness skills to rival Qiu Qianren and the Ancient Tomb. No wonder the Mongols conquered the world.

Not to mention one of our heroes is Yang Guo of the famed Ancient Tomb lightness kungfu
    As crazy good Ancient Tomb lightness kungfu is (comparable to QQR's "Floating on Water" lightness kungfu apparently), was YG ever handicapped/slowed in his movement speed when fighting with the HIS? i'm asking this because i'm assuming he is wielding the HIS for this team war.
    if YG is negatively affected, it would make your reasonable strat - "draw out" opponents 2-3 at a time, execute fierce palm blast/sword strike/sleeve whip, somersault in the air to get away quickly and repeat - much more difficult.

if Team Dugu is surrounded, it'd be all out massacre like XF against them 300 fighters. FQY + LHC should be able to hold most of them at bay with their "missile breaking" stance.

another possibility, LHC can also execute "Star Absorbing Technique" when clashing with the Xiang Wentian-level fighters and slowly drain them away as well

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Of course, we later also see that the average Mongolian soldier is faster than the Xuanming elders. Which means the average Mongolian soldier must have lightness skills to rival Qiu Qianren and the Ancient Tomb. No wonder the Mongols conquered the world.
    hmmm...where was this in the novel? that's pretty weird. i thought XM elders' lightness kungfu was mediocre but not THAT bad.

Something to note is that humans are actually as fast (and sometimes faster) than horses if the distance is long enough assuming we're using representatives of long distance (obvious a sprinting horse won't do long distance well).

Somewhat counter-intuitively, the longer the distance the better a human will do.

22 miles is already sufficiently long that humans can just about match horses
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon

Something to note is that humans are actually as fast (and sometimes faster) than horses if the distance is long enough assuming we're using representatives of long distance (obvious a sprinting horse won't do long distance well).

Somewhat counter-intuitively, the longer the distance the better a human will do.

22 miles is already sufficiently long that humans can just about match horses
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon
    It's not a case of He Biweng winning out in the end over a long distance though. It's a case of a chase taking place over several miles, and the horse being unable to catch up.

What do u guys think would happen if Team Dugu came in contact with Xiaoxiangzi's special rod poison (where one whiff of it made even Guo Jing dizzy)?

Would Yang Guo be able to suppress the poisonous effects with his relatively strong internal energy? What about Feng Qingyang, the best swordsman from the Sword faction of Mount Wah Sect?

Linghu Chong drank that special 5 Sylph Sect wine, which gives him partial immunity to poison I suppose...

Well with HIS I think YG (end ROCH) almost "invincible" in Trilogy so The Condors would have been good chance for win IMHO..