Thread: Help please

Default Help please

Hi Everyone,

I am in the throes of writing chapter 5 of my book and had to stop for research. I came across a few sites with the following information and I wanted to know if anyone knows of this and where can I find the complete information and if it is real or fiction.

The information in question states that :

A young woman by the name of Yuh Niuy emerged from three thousand swordsmen as the ultimate victor in a seven-day contest. Her sword methods and philosophies were passed down for a thousand years. Some of her writings (see below) expound timeless Wushu philosophies.

"When fencing, though highly alert, the appearance is as calm as a fair lady's but when in action, a vicious Tiger emerges.

Weak and exposed in appearance; but powerful when unleashed. One's reactions may start afterwards, but the response arrives there first.

The Way is so small and simple, but the meaning is timeless and profound. The Way has an entrance; it also has a Yin and a Yang. The entrance constantly opens and closes, Yin and Yang weaken and flourish. When the Way is battle, be full-spirited within, but outwardly show calm and be relaxed.

Appear to be as gentle as a fair lady, but react like a vicious tiger. Though hidden within, the spirit of the body moves; though obscured like a setting sun, the spirit moves like an unleashed rabbit, catching the body and outrunning shadow like a mirage. Back and forth in one breath. The spirit cannot be retained in form. And, though ever moving, it cannot be heard."

Thank you so much for all your assistance.
    Michelle

Must be the legend of the Yueh Maiden?

This legend preceeds the story by Jin Yong.

Try searching under those terms- good luck,

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

You could look into the Wu Yue Chun Qiu (Spring and Autumn Annuals of Wu & Yue) as well.

Good luck with your book.

A big THANK YOU goes out to Han Solo & Suzaku who took the time to answer my questions. I thought it was the Yueh Maiden story but I wanted to ask the experts first. You guys rock!

Michelle