Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xuzu vs the 3000 xu monks

I wonder what level was Mr. Lingmen at (Xuanci's master).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Since TSTL didn't put him down in any way, I'm guessing that the old Ling Men must be pretty damn good.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I would guess Ling Men was around the level of 50-year old TSTL at best. That says a lot when 19-year old TSTL was supposed to be able to slap Boss Wu and Priest Buping around like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Since TSTL didn't put him down in any way, I'm guessing that the old Ling Men must be pretty damn good.
    Then again, the old fart also thought Murong Fu reached the stage of divinity in energy shifting.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Then again, the old fart also thought Murong Fu reached the stage of divinity in energy shifting.
    MRF did reach that stage. Unfortunately, that's all he could do well and it's not enough to defeat a top fighter.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Personally I believe Tonglao was commenting and praising the art of the Shifting North Star more than she was praising Murong Fu's proficiency in the skill. It is even more impressive that she immediately saw through the nature of the Shifting North Star Technique. Most people (experts) are just amazed that the Murong family seemingly knows every skill in the realm and uses it against their opponents. However, it is just [借力打力], even an expert like Ding Chunqiu did not see through the nature of this skill.

[那個化解咱們下墜之勢的青年公子, 這一招借力打力, 四兩撥千斤, 當真出神入化。]

In a way, this praise it is comparable to what Xiaoxiang Zi, Yin Kexi, Nimoxing thought of young Yang Guo in chapter 16.
    Zhou Botong threw that plate at Yang Guo, and Yang could use his index finger to catch and balance the plate on his index finger. Xiaoxiang Zi and others were quite shocked and thought thought that it would be even dangerous for them to catch that plate with their hands let alone just an index finger.
    In short they were impressed with what Yang Guo did, but at this point Yang Guo was very much inferior to any of those three.

[周伯通笑道:“我才嚇不坏呢。”右手一揚,手中空盤向他疾飛過去,呼呼風響,勢道猛烈异常。 楊過早知周伯通是馬鈺、丘處机他們的師叔,又見他揚手時臂不內曲,全以指力發出,正是全真派的手法。他對全 真武功的門道自是無所畏懼,當即伸出左手食指,在盤底一頂,那盤子就在他手指上滴溜溜的轉動。 這一下周伯通固然大是喜歡,而瀟湘子、尹克西、尼摩星等也是群相聳動。瀟湘子初時見楊過衣衫襤褸,年紀幼小 ,那將他放在眼內,此刻卻想:“憑這盤子飛來之勢,我便不敢伸手去接,更何況單憑一指之力?只消有半點摸不 准力道的來勢,連手腕也得折斷了。]
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    It is even more impressive that she immediately saw through the nature of the Shifting North Star Technique. Most people (experts) are just amazed that the Murong family seemingly knows every skill in the realm and uses it against their opponents. However, it is just [借力打力], even an expert like Ding Chunqiu did not see through the nature of this skill.
    In this particular instance, it is not at all impressive. After all, she and Xuzhu were plummeting like a rock one moment, and flying horizontally above the ground the next after MYF's technique - what else could it have been? Also, she could hardly mistake what he did as using their incoming fall-off-a-high-cliff-and-splatter-on-the-ground 'technique' back at them!

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Touché!
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)