Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Questions/Interview Game

When I organized a team building event for work, the department head sent me a note to thank me for "inspiring department teamwork." To be able to make a positive impact on other people's lives, through any way possible, makes me very happy.

To the individual below: What is your favorite quote and what does it mean to you?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My favorite quote is "A high education is the best dowry a woman could have." This was grilled into me as a child by the Queen of My Heart, my mommy. When I was younger, I thought that this was specifically taught to me because I've also been told that I was not beautiful. I didn't know until later though, the real meaning behind it. In addition, I am approaching my late 20s, but my parents have never asked or nagged me about when I will get married, it's an oddity as far as Asian parents are concerned.

How has it effected me?...
    I have passed this onto to some of my female students and also younger female cousins. Nothing can take away your personal education and knowledge whether it be genocide, war, politics, or poverty; in fact, it may you help you to rise above them all regardless of your sex or gender. I am not only talking about a collegiate education but also moral, cultural, and good character education. In the countries of my forefathers, I kind of think, they've forgotten this. My chosen field of post graduate study is International and Comparative Education. Hopefully, I can help to remind a few young people of the importance of strengthening one's mind to build one's future.

That was a hard question.

================================================== =

Next in line: Which of the five different food groups [Oil/Fats, Dairy, Protein, Vegetable/Fruit, and Grain/Cereals] do you find yourself eating from the most?
    Last edited by ByTmE; 05-11-10 at 10:32 AM.
    I like me.

If I lay them on a pie chart, it should be derived as such:-

Oil/Fats = 20%
    Dairy= 35%
    Protein= Less than dairy, more than oil/fats
    Vegetable/Fruit= 10%
    Grain/Cereals= 10%
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    If I lay them on a pie chart, it should be derived as such:-

Oil/Fats = 20%
    Dairy= 35%
    Protein= Less than dairy, more than oil/fats
    Vegetable/Fruit= 10%
    Grain/Cereals= 10%
    ceddie...where's your question?

That diet looks unhealthy. 10% grains and 10% fresh produce, how are you not constipated?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    ceddie...where's your question?
    Haha, I forgot

Question>> Next Homo sapien sapien: How many different races of friends do you know? Which race of friends do you have difficulty to interact with?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    That diet looks unhealthy. 10% grains and 10% fresh produce, how are you not constipated?
    I forgot all about rice under the grain. I was forcusing on the cereal and, I was semi-dozing off. Dairy still rules the chart, and grain/cereal stands higher percentage than oil/fats.

No, no constipation problems. No difficulty on output. So, no worries.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Let's see, I have friends who are Chinese, Caucasian American, African American, Swedish, Native American, Vietnamese, Mexican, Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, Filipino, Korean, French, etc etc etc. The group I find difficult to get close to is Caucasian American. My friendship with them is mile wide, inch deep, i.e. at a superficial level.

To the next homo sapien (thanks Cedrey): What does your typical day look like?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Let's see, I have friends who are Chinese, Caucasian American, African American, Swedish, Native American, Vietnamese, Mexican, Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, Filipino, Korean, French, etc etc etc. The group I find difficult to get close to is Caucasian American. My friendship with them is mile wide, inch deep, i.e. at a superficial level.

To the next homo sapien (thanks Cedrey): What does your typical day look like?
    woke up at a quarter past six, shower, breakfast, off to work; endure a rough day, after work either i go back home, go to church, or meet up with friends. on saturdays i'll indulge in my hobbies, and sunday church again; and then afternoons is mostly a get-together with family for lunch.

My question: Which is a better career option for you; secret agent for the government, or astronaut?
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I'm absolutely unfit for either, but if I could, I would much rather be an astronaut. Absolutely no dilemma there...:-)

The next one:
    If you should describe yourself in terms of AD&D stats, what would be your
    STRENGTH
    INTELLIGENCE
    DEXTERITY
    CONSTITUTION
    WISDOM
    CHARISMA
    ALIGNMENT
    (and perhaps CLASS)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Cool question. I googled some questionnaires to get a gist of the number ranking, suppose we go on a scale of 1-20

Strength - 9
    Intelligence - 6
    Dexterity - 12
    Constitution - 7
    Wisdom - 5
    Charisma - 4

Alignment - Neutral
    Class: commoner, barbarian, monk, ninja, rogue, thief, warrior, or jack of all trades

If you could bring 1 piece of technology, a single item back to civilization 1000 years ago. What would you bring? It would be stand alone. If you bring back a computer, you won't have electricity so you'll have to find your own way to power it. You obviously can't bring the internet.
    With your item, what would you do with it 1000 years in the past and why?
    Last edited by Banh Mi; 05-13-10 at 12:07 PM.

Modern toilet paper, soft and gentle. Much better than whatever they used back then to accomplish the same task.

To the next homo sapien: What dreams do you have? Dream as in MLK's "I have a dream"

@ Banh Mi: On a scale of 1-20, your intelligence is a 6, wisdom is a 5, and charisma is a 4??? I will make no other comments.

================================================== =======

My dream, is to one day successfully alleviate the problem of low illiteracy rate in some Southeast Asian countries. Numbers for adult literacy rate in Southeast Asia range from as low as 48% in Laos to as high as 95% in Thailand...why the disparity? We can gain much from learning and leaning on one another. In addition, I would hope that one day there will be greater gender equality between the sexes and less social stratification between the have and the have nots because of the equal opportunities given to all people to pursue an appropriate education. That is my dream. As for how to go about...hm, that's a different question all together.

For the next individual, imagine you are on your deathbed and giving your last words of advice and wisdom to your descendants, what would you tell them?
    I like me.

AVENGE ME!!!!!!! EUUUGGHHHHH......

If you had to lose a limb, which would you choose? Your leg or your arm?

LOL Banh Mi @ last words.

==============================
    Arm. Being able to walk > being able to grab.

To the next homo sapien: Which recent deceasing of a celebrity made you feel saddest and why?

LOL Banh Mi @ last words.

==============================
    Arm. Being able to walk > being able to grab.

To the next homo sapien: Which recent deceasing of a celebrity made you feel saddest and why?
    cant think of any actually - unfortunately, i dont feel sad about celebrities passing on...or most people in fact..

maybe i would if they are close to me....and even then...erm.

ok next question: what's the most adventurous cuisine you'd ever tried?
    o wilku mowa...♪

Balut (fertilized duck egg).

Person below: ideally, how many children do you want to have (if any)? Any particular sex/birth order?

Maybe 2. No order/sex preferred.

To the next individual: if you could eradicate one vice in the world, what would it be?

Maybe 2. No order/sex preferred.

To the next individual: if you could eradicate one vice in the world, what would it be?
    human trafficking

If Satan wishes to purchase your soul, how much will you sell it for?
    o wilku mowa...♪

I'll sell it to him for the unrestricted ability to enslave and inflict eternal torment and suffering to Satan and everyone around him.

How do you deal with annoying traits in your friends? Do you tell it to them straight, or do you try to avoid it, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I'll sell it to him for the unrestricted ability to enslave and inflict eternal torment and suffering to Satan and everyone around him.

How do you deal with annoying traits in your friends? Do you tell it to them straight, or do you try to avoid it, or something else?
    it tell them. =) sometimes they get hurt, but i dont wanna suffer in silence either.

if they are merely acquaintances, or someone in authority, i keep quiet. the former because i wont interact with them often so it doesnt matter; as for the latter, i think its pretty obvious.

Next: If you can choose to do one activity, and only that one activity, for the rest of your life, what activity will you choose?
    o wilku mowa...♪