Thread: Marvel/DC/MK crossover story

Default Marvel/DC/MK crossover story

Story Description:

A villainous woman by the name of Pythena has come to that of Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung with a promise to help them eliminate Liu Kang and the rest of the Earth realm defenders. But she wants something in return; There is a world she would love to take over except for one problem. There’re too many high powered heroes who will stand in her way keeping her from reaching the set goal. She convinces the two of them to go along with her plan which will benefit them all. They’re successful in baiting a group of the individuals into the Mortal Kombat tournament; which this year isn’t really what it seems to be. Secrets will be revealed with great loses and deception . Teammates will be turned against one another. The fate of both worlds will be determined by not the most powerful hero, but the one’s of true knowledge, will, determination and intellect to figure out the mystery. Main characters Starring From Marvel: Spiderman, Ironman, Ms Marvel, Captain America, Wolverine/ From DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Superman. Many Other characters will show throughout the story.

The Justice heroes Elite

CHP1: Evil plan

Two men wearing ski masks enter a drug store. They look around for a few seconds, before coming to the front of the store. One of them pulls out a gun, and aims it at the head of a man who stands behind the cash register.

"Alright old man, you know what the hell we want. Fill this bag up!" One of the thugs yells.

He throws a brown bag on the table. With much fear, the guy behind the cash register opens the safe. He fills the bag with money. One of the guys grabs the bag, and the two quickly exit. Running across the street, they get into a car. The car starts up and the two drive away fast.

"Aaah, would you look at all this money!! The boss will be proud with us." The guy in the passenger seat yells in excitement.

The man driving just smiles, and doesn't say anything. On top of the car, a huge bump can suddenly be heard. Both men's eyes widen at the sound. The guy in the passenger seat roles down his window, with a gun in hand. Instantly, he is pulled out of the window. He is surprised to see the hero in tights.

"I hope you fella's are planning on returning that money. Come on now, you should have known your friendly neighborhood Spiderman would show up." Spidy says in a cheerful tone.

He webs the thief to the top of the car. Spiderman gets in the car, through the passenger window.

"Hey what sup, your partner is a little webbed up right now. Why don't you pull the car over, that will make it easier for us all." Spiderman suggest.

"Spiderman!!" The guy yells, pulling a gun from his pocket.

Spidy kicks the gun out of his hand; he then webs the criminal to his seat. Spiderman moves over and steps on the breaks; he then removes the keys stopping the car. Minuets pass, the police arrive to find the two men webbed upside down on a light post. Spiderman swings on his web through New York City, in his blue and red tights. He comes to a stop, at the top of a sky scrapper. He digs in his suit to pull out a cell phone, and dials a number. It rings for a bit before someone answers.

"Hey Tony it's me Peter, what is it you wanted to tell me?" Spiderman asks.

On the other line, Spidy can hear the loud noises of machines.

"Hey Tony are you still there?" Spiderman asks.

A few seconds pass.

"Oh hey Peter, you should turn to channel 2. The world wide voting for the greatest hero is almost done. They are just waiting on the votes from Japan and Wyoming." Tony Stark tells.

Spiderman pauses for a second.

"You called me for this? I thought it was something important, why did you call me about this?" Spidy asks confused.

"They just announced that the winner will be the poster boy, for a new world wide security system. I'm just letting you know you made fourth place." Tony Stark tells.

Spiderman's heart rate speeds up.

"Are you serious; is there an official third place yet? Who are the three ahead of me?" Spidy asks.

"The beauty Wonder Woman, Superman, and Captain America, are the three ahead. It's going to be close; it's on a few channels." Tony replies.

Spiderman looks down at the city, to see two men beating on one guy.

"Hey thanks for the update Tony, but I really have to go." Spidy says in a hurry.

The two hang up.

City miles

Away

A woman walks in a dark alley. As she continues to walk, she is surrounded by a group of laughing men.

"Well well, I think we just got lucky boys. She sure is a pretty one." A guy says, licking his lips.

"Please don't do this, I have money." The woman almost cries.

"You seem to be emotional. Do you have any friends in the city?" Another guy asks.

Tears run down her face.

"Yes I am." She replies softly.

The group of men laughs even harder this time.

"Don't worry baby, we will fix that for you." Another man says, pulling out a knife.

Two men come up from behind her, and throw her to the ground. They hold her down, as she struggles. Another guy bends down, and starts cutting her skirt off. He rips it off, and throws it into the air. The remaining men form a line behind him.

"Now to get rid of these." He says, looking at her panties.

Something comes out of the darkness at a fast speed, and hits one of the men in the head. The guy falls to the ground. All the guys' attention is off of the woman, there all looking around. The guy picks up the object that hit him; his eyes widen to see its bat shape. All the men look up, to see Batman gliding down from the rooftops.

"The Batman!!" A guy yells, pulling out a gun.

Batman throws a Bata rang, knocking the gun out of his hand. Batman runs over, and knocks down the two men that were holding the woman down. He jumps over the woman, putting himself in the middle of the remaining men. They all try and attack him at the same time. The blades on Batman's gauntlets slice into the face of a guy, he falls to the ground blood shooting from his face. A guy stabs a knife into Batman's side. The dark knight yells out in pain. He quickly removes the knife. A few seconds pass, and he has taken out the group of thugs. The woman still with tears in her eyes, runs up to Batman and hugs him hard.

"Oh thank you, I just moved to Gotham. I guess the legend of the Batman is true." The woman says, crying in Batman's chest.

"It will be ok now, the police are on there way." Batman replies trying to comfort her.

Within two minutes the police arrive.

"Hello commissioner, make sure she gets home." Batman says, pulling out his grapple gun.

He is pulled to the rooftops. The men are arrested and taken. Batman leaves the scene, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Suddenly the communication piece in his air buzzes, so he answers's it.

"Hello master Bruce, I'm calling to let you know that Ms. Kayla has called for you three times. She seems to be worried about you, after your sudden break up." Alfred tells.

Batman just stands there for a little bit, looking down at the dark city.

"If she calls again, tell her I'm away on business." Batman finally replies.

"Ok sir, will do." Alfred replies.

"I'm getting someone on the other line, speak with you later." Batman says, switching over.

"Hello Batman, you need to get to Metropolis now! The Justice League needs you." A female voice yells.

"Diana I'm busy in Gotham at the moment, I'm sure you guy's can handle it." Batman rejects.

"Please Bruce we need you, Superman and Green Lantern are currently on a different mission!" Wonder woman yells again.

Batman is just silent, looking down at the city again.

"Please Bruce?" Diana asks, but in a soft almost seductive tone.

A smirk grows on Batman's face.

"Ok, I'll do it just for you princess." Batman says in sarcasm.

"Ok but hurry." Wonder woman replies.

Batman ends the transition. He pulls a device out of his utility belt, and presses in his coordinates. The bat plane arrives at his destination, within minutes.

Worlds away

The champion of Mortal Kombat himself stands in the middle of a ring. Kung Lao faces him.

"Ready, begin!!" Some one yells.

Liu Kang shoots a fire blast at Kung Lao, which hits him in the chest. The blasts force, knocks Kung Lao to the ground. The Shalion fighter is quick to get back on his feet. Liu Kang jumps into the air to kick Kung Lao, but his kick is grabbed. Kung Lao throws Liu Kang to the other side of the ring. He lands on his back, but Liu quickly flips back up. Kung Lao runs over and begins fighting Liu. The two throw kicks and punches on each other.

"Time!! That will be enough." Another voice says.

"Lord Raiden!" Liu Kang says with a bow.

Kung Lao also bows down.

"It's good to see the two of you training hard, as the tournament is in two days." Raiden says.

"Yes of course, I know the two of us will be ready. As you know, the Mortal Kombat tournament is not to be taken lightly." Kung Lao adds.

"Good, I will see the two of you later." Raiden says.

The thunder god is quick to disappear in a blinding flash of electricity. Liu Kang heads inside to a work out area, to lift weights. Kung Lao also heads inside, but to take a shower.

In a mountain to the

West

A table sits out in the open, with target boards facing up on it. A ninja wearing the colors black and yellow, practices by throwing shurikens at the boards. After practicing that for a while, Scorpion continues his training. With a series of one hundred push ups, and sit ups.

Populated city

Miles away

A man wearing sun glasses sits in a coffee diner watching T.V. A door to the diner opens, and it seems to get his attention.

"Hello Johnny Cage, it is finally nice to meet you. I'm the director of the upcoming film you will be taking part in. By the way, I'm Ritchie Edwards." The Director explains.

He sits down next to Cage, who takes another sip of his coffee.

"It's good to finally meet you as well. So when will filming start?" Johnny asks.

Ritchie looks down at his watch.

"Filming will start in the next few weeks. I'm sorry I came in so late, but I have a meeting to get to." But please, take my card." Ritchie hands Johnny one of his business cards.

Ritchie gets up from the table, and exits. Johnny gets up to leave, but a familiar blond enters. She turns and walks over to cage.

"Hey Sonya, what brings you here? You look very beautiful today, you don't usually wear that much make up." Johnny asks.

Sonya blushes for a second.

"Thanks Johnny, I'm here because I heard you were meeting someone. So I thought I'd stop by just to say hi." Sonya says.

"I'm assuming you are ready for the Mortal Kombat tournament that is in a few days?" Johnny asks.

"Yes I am. It was nice talking with you, but I better not keep my date waiting." Sonya says.

She looks at Johnny's face as his smile is quickly taken off. She giggles a bit from his reaction. She walks for the exit.

"With who?" Johnny asks.

Sonya turns around and smiles.

"None of your business." She replies.

Sonya takes this opportunity to exit. Not long after Johnny takes off as well.

Inside a Cave

Miles away

Shang Tsung enters the cave well on guard. He can see a torch giving off light ahead, so he follows it. When he finally reaches the lit up area, he recognizes the person.

"What are you doing here, Shao Kahn?" Shang Tsung yells out.

"The question is why you are here, I was invited." Shao Kahn replies.

"So was I!" But since you are here, I will have the pleasure of killing you." Shang Tsung says, pulling out a knife.

Shao Kahn just stands in place not saying a thing.

"I'm glad to see the two of you could make it, now let's get down to business." A female voice speaks.

Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn are looking around to see where the voice came from. She steps out of a dark corner to reveal herself. Both Shang Tsung and Kahn's eyes widen at her appearance. She appears with long blond hair, Dark green eyes, and breasts almost the size of Power girl. Looking at her overall shape, the two are amazed.

"What's wrong boys, a cat catch your tongue." She says

She wears black boots, and a gray and white suit.

"Are the two of you ready to discuss my offer?" She asks.

Shao Kahn clears his throat.

"Yes of course, let's hear it." Shao Kahn replies.

"Ok good, I will give you a visual while I explain what I want." She says.

"What is your name?" Shang Tsung asks.

Turning to him she throws her head back, so now all of her hair is behind her ear.

"I'm Pythena." She replies.

Pythena creates an energy ball from her hands, she lets go of it and the energy floats upward. It stops at a point, and increases size.

"What is happening?" Shao Kahn asks.

"Show me the Fantastic four?" Pythena yells.

The energy forms a square shape, and a clear image of the Fantastic four in battle appears. They are fighting a huge robot. Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung focus in on it.

"They are the Fantastic four; I called the two of you here because I want you to help me destroy them." Pythena tells.

"That guy on fire looks really tough." Shang Tsung adds.

"Oh yes, human torch he is a hottie. Show me the Titans." Pythena says.

Titan's tower is now on the screen, with Kid devil and Ravanger sitting on a couch.

"The teen titans and Fantastic four are a minor threat. I really need the two of you to help me destroy the Justice League and the Avengers!!" Pythena says aloud.

Pythena goes through footage of both the Avengers and Justice League, with Kahn and Shang Tsung. She snaps her fingers and the energy window disappears. The two men are silent for awhile. Shang Tsung breaks the silence.

"How do you expect us to kill them all? And what is your full plan? Also, what's in it for us?" Shang Tsung asks.

Pythena tells them her plan to take over the planet, once the heroes are destroyed.

"Also, don't worry about heroes like Daredevil or Wild Cat, they haven't got any powers. I just want the super powered heroes gone. If the two of you help me pull this off, I have the power to make you the leaders of this world." Pythena says with a smile.

Both Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn smile. Both shake hands with the woman, forming an alliance. She explains to the two why she chose them, and her ability to teleport to different dimensions.

"Just to put you both on full alert, you need to be most careful of these sold called heroes." Pythena throws the pick to Kahn.

In the image are Captain America, Superman, Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Spiderman, The Flash, Power Girl, Hulk, and Thor. Both men look at the image.

"Pythena, why don't we all go back to my place to discuss the plan?" Kahn asks.

She finishes putting on her pink lipstick. She licks her lips and turns to face the two.

"Good idea, plus it is a bit dark in here." Pythena replies.

The three exit the cave.

Shalion Temple

Kung Lao gets out of the shower and dries off. Liu Kang still trains in the work out room. Liu punches hard and fast on the boxing bag.

Worlds Away

Two men exit a licker store; on there way out another guy accidentally bumps into one of them.

"Sorry about that." The guy says.

The two men put down there bags. One of the men throws the guy up against the wall.

"Have the two of you been drinking? Really bub, I don't want to hurt the two of you." The guy on the wall says.

"Too late freak show, next time watch where the hell you're going." The man says, pulling his fist back.

Three blades come out of the guys knuckles, that is on the wall. The man lets go of his shirt.

"Hey I was just playing man." The man says in a panic.

Both men grab there bottles of bear, and run off.

"That's what I thought." Wolverine says.

The blades slip back into his knuckles.

Back in Gotham

City

Batman returns to the cave.

"Hey Bruce, how was patrol?" A voice asks.

Batman takes off his mask.

"It was fine, what are you still doing up Tim? It's like 4:30 in the morning." Batman asks.

Tim turns around to face Batman.

"I'm doing some research on this mob boss, I think I might know where he will strike next. And when he does, Robin will be there to take him down." Tim answers.

"I see, but I think it is time we both call it a night." Batman adds.

"It's still a bit sad you didn't even place in the top seventy five heroes. I'm betting supes wins." Tim says.

Hearing that, it reminded Bruce of the voting.

"I'm not surprised, plus I'm only known in Gotham." Bruce says.

Bruce gets out of the bat suit, and heads up to the manner with Tim.

To be continue

The Justice Heroes Elite

CHP2: Ten Members

The sun rises over the city of Metropolis. Clark Kent’s eyes open. The Kryptonian yawns, picking up the T.V. remote and turning it on.

“Breaking News, two nuclear missiles have been launched, to two different locations in the world.” A news woman tells.

The next second Clark's window is open, and he is gone.

Inside the white house

“Mr. President what do you want us to do?” A guy asks with a little panic.

Many officials as well as the President, look down at the radar.

“Good god!! One of the missiles is heading this way!!” An official yells.

“We have no chance of retreating; we must try and shoot it down. It will reach here in less than a minute and a half.” The President tells.

“Someone get a hold of Ironman right now!” Another Official yells.

The officials look at the radar again, to see that another missile is heading to China, and the last to Europe. Two un identified objects appear on the radar. One is heading toward the missile heading for China, and the other to Europe.

“Mr. President, we got in contact with Ironman. He is headed to stop the missile headed to China, and his buddy War Machine is headed to stop the other one. They don’t know there is a 3rd nuclear missile headed our way, should I let him know?” The guy asks.

“It doesn’t matter if you do or not, they won’t make it here in time.” The President replies.

“Hey everyone get over here to the radar!! A third un identified object is closing in fast on the missile headed this way!!” An official yells.

All men in the room gather around the radar. The missile that was headed for the white house, is now heading up into space. Everyone in the room jump up and cheering. One of the men turns on a nearby TV.

“The Crises is now over, thanks to Ironman, War Machine, and Superman! They have diverted the weapons to safe locations.” The news woman tells.

The officials in the room chant Superman’s name.

Outside of

Earth

Superman flies the missile into space, and pushes it forward hard. He looks around, and spots Ironman and War Machine, getting rid of the other missiles. Superman fly’s over to Ironman, who turns to face him.

“Superman! What brings you up here?” Ironman asks.

“Lets get back into Earth’s atmosphere, and we can chat there.” Superman replies.

War Machine and Ironman follow Superman to New York City. They land on the top of a building.

“I was up there as well, shortly after the first two missiles were launched. A third missile was fired off, heading toward the White House.” Superman tells.

“How could we have missed one!! That would have cost many lives.” Ironman kicks at the ground.

“Don’t beat yourself up over it, things turned out just fine. Lucky the three of us were there.” Superman says.

“I have an idea where the missiles were fired from. War Machine, I want you to head back to the white house and let them know we will have everything figured out.” Ironman says.

“Alright Tony, See you later.” War Machine rockets off at a high speed.

Within seconds, Spiderman swings on the rooftop.

“Hey guys, good work getting rid of the missiles. Long time no see, ah Supes.” Spiderman says.

Both Superman and Ironman look at Spidy.

“Hey come to think of it, this is the first time the two of you have met.” Spiderman says.

“How did you know that we were up here?” Ironman asks.

“I was just swinging around, and happened to see War Machine flying off. So have you guys got an idea where the missiles were fired from?” Spidy asks.

“Yes, I think I have the exact place. Superman and I are going to check it out.” Ironman says, getting ready to fly off.

“Hey wait a sec; I want to go with you guys. You never know, you might need my help.” Spidy says, crossing his arms.

Ironman turns to look at the Wall Crawler. But before he can speak, someone else does.

“You can come, but be on guard when we get there.” Superman tells.

“Of course, after all I’m Spiderman.” Spidy says.

Superman just smiles at the reply. The man of steel picks up Spiderman.

“You lead the way Mr. Stark.” Superman says.

Ironman blasts off into the air; Superman follows him with much speed.

Worlds away

Shao Kahn enters a palace.

“Hello Prince Goro, I have much to tell you. This earth realm will finally be ours.” Shao Kahn says.

Goro sits there and listens, as Shao Kahn tells him about Pythena, and her plan. The Prince sits there for a moment, before speaking.

“Can this woman be trusted? Where are she and Shang Tsung now?” Goro asks, standing up from his chair.

“The two of them are completing step 1 of the plan. Not even Liu Kang himself will be able to stop us.” Shao Kahn says.

Goro shows a face of disbelief.

“You seem to have doubts, don’t worry my friend. It will all be clear to you soon. She has an army of alien fighters which can morph shape and appearance.” Shao Kahn explains.

Goro sits back down.

“Can we trust this girl?” Goro asks again.

“Yes we can.” After all, she came to us for help.” Kahn tells.

With those words, Shao Kahn exits the room.

Lin Kuei

Temple

Subzero enters the main room.

“Hello master, I am back. The training session went well.” Subzero tells.

“That is good to hear, how is the training coming with the rest of the Lin Kuei fighters?” The eldest master asks.

“They all seem to be improving. Before you ask, yes I have signed up for the tournament.” Subzero tells.

Both Subzero and the Lin Kuei master are quite for a little bit. Subzero looks up at the grandmaster.

“I’m going outside of the temple for a training exercise. I will be back in a few hours.” Subzero tells.

The grand Master nods his head, giving Subzero permission to go. Before leaving, Subzero bows to the grandmaster.

Worlds away

Ironman and Superman land, in the area of an abandoned military site, on an island. Superman lets go of Spiderman. The three begin looking around. A tank is thrown high into the air, at Spiderman. Superman with his speed zooms over and catches the tank. He sets the tank down. Ironman makes his way over to the two. The three heroes can see someone approaching. Superman’s eyes widen as the person gets closer.

“No, it can’t be.” Superman says nervous.

The person stops in front of the three.

“Hello Kal, it’s been to long.” The person says.

A tear falls from Superman’s eye.

“I can’t believe this, how are you back Connor?” Superman asks, giving him a hug.

“Super boy alive, now this is just strange. I heard rumors that he was killed by another Superboy, from another world.” Spiderman says scratching his head.

Ironman is confused at the whole situation. Connor breaks the hug, as Ironman takes another step forward.

“This sweet reunion crap will have to wait till later; right now I want some answers. So kid, were you the one who fired off the nukes?” Ironman asks.

Connor looks straight at Ironman, as sweat falls from his face. Connor just sits there, not saying a thing. Connor begins to speak, but chocks and stops. Superman’s face gets serious.

“Go ahead and answer his question Connor.” Superman breaks the silence.

Connor is still silent, looking down at the ground.

“Well let’s hear it, cough it up pal.” Spidy adds.

Connor finally looks up from the ground.

“No, it wasn’t me.” It’s the guys that have my soul captive. You guys must go to the mortal kombat tournament, and win. That is the only way my soul will be free.” Connor tells.

Ironman, Superman, and Spiderman show faces of disbelief. Spiderman almost laughs. Connor yells out, saying it is the truth!! The three men get serious again.

“Please father, you have to believe me. Be here tomorrow night, around six or seven, a portal to the world will be opened. And make sure to bring a few of the others. There are 10 spots still opened, so do choose wisely.” Connor tells.

Ironman grabs Connor by his shirt, pulling his fist back to punch him.

“You're insane kid!” Ironman almost yells.

Before Ironman can do anything, he is pulled back by Superman.

“Tony just think for a second, he might be right. Connor, do you know what happened to the guys who fired off the missiles?” Superman asks.

Connor faces the man of steal.

“They can be found in the new planet. Really, the three of you should leave now. Get recruits, and come back tomorrow.” Connor says.

“But Connor, there are so many un answered questions. Like, how are you able to be here?” Superman asks.

“Don’t worry Kal, everything will make since soon, I don’t have much time left here.” You should go, I’ll be ok. Just remember to be back tomorrow.” Connor repeats.

“Don’t worry; we will be back for you. Let’s go guys.” Spiderman says.

Superman picks up Spiderman and begins flying up.

“We will be back.” Superman tells Connor.

Ironman joins Superman as they fly off. Once they are out of site, Connor smiles. Not long after he is laughing at the top of his lungs. Connor quickly reverts into Shang Tsung. Pythena comes from behind a nearby tree with a smile on her face. She walks up next to Shang Tsung.

“That was amazing how easily the three of them were fooled. But why did you tell them, there were only 10 spots left?” Pythena asks.

“The Mortal Kombat roster this year is full. Ten more participants, is about all that I can fit. I just want to know, how you know so much about the heroes of this world. For the reason, that you have not encountered any of them before.” Shang Tsung asks.

Pythena places her hand on Shang Tsung’s shoulder.

“I told you that I have studied the super powered heroes closely, for the last few years.” Pythena replies.

With that, she creates a portal. Both she and Shang Tsung step through, returning to his world.

The three heroes fly over the Pacific Ocean. Ironman breaks the silence between the three.

“I don’t know about the two of you, but I don’t believe that guy. No offense to you Superman.” Ironman speaks

Superman is quite for a second.

“You know Tony; I’m going to have to agree with you. Not just that, but for some reason I don’t believe that was really even Connor. There was something so strange about him.” Superman says.

Both Spidy and Ironman are surprised by his response.

“So maybe the guy seems a bit shady, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t Superboy, or isn’t telling the truth. I say we should still check this out, he said something about a tournament. Hey Supes, you most definitely need to alert your bud Batman about this. Tony and I will talk with a few of the Avengers.” Spiderman adds.

Superman smiles at the mention of Batman.

“Alright, I will do that. But we need to take this serious; some how I feel it might be a trap.” Superman replies.

“Agreed, but Spiderman is right. This is something we must all look into.” Ironman says.

The three fly back to New York.

Worlds away

Subzero runs through a forest, jumping over a few logs scaring the many animals around. Subzero comes to a stop, when three men stand in the way of his path. The Lin Kuei warrior turns around, to see three more guys behind him.

“Hello Subzero, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. I’ll cut right to the chase, our boss wants you dead. So that is what we have come here to do.” A guy says.

“Who are you guys?” Subzero asks.

“We are assassins.” Another guy answers.

The six men with black masks covering there faces run at Subzero. One guy knees Subzero in his rib, as another guy punches him in the face. Subzero falls to the ground. He gets up quick, not showing any weakness. He can feel the pain in his side. Another guy throws a punch at him, but he grabs it. He twists the guy’s arm and kicks him into the air. The assassin lands in swamp water. Subzero freezes another assassin; he then kicks his body in half. Subzero jumps high into the air, and as he comes down kicks two assassins to the ground. Another guy tries to attack him from behind; Subzero throws him over his shoulder. He then snaps his neck. The four remaining assassins retreat.

“Cowards, I hate when they run.” Subzero says angrily.

Subzero runs off to continue his training exercise.

Shalion temple

Liu Kang sits at a table eating, while Kung Lao sits at a nearby couch reading a magazine. The only thing that can be heard is Liu Kang’s spoon when it hits against the bowl. He drops his spoon, looking over at Kung Lao.

“Is something bothering you, for some reason you seem really tense?” Liu Kang asks.

Kung Lao looks up from his magazine.

“Everything is fine; I’m just doing something that can occupy my time.” Kung Lao answers.

His attention is again turned back to the magazine.

“Is that a way of getting the tournament off of your mind?” Liu Kang asks.

Kung Lao looks up from the article again, but this time annoyed.

“Why don’t you just eat and shut up. To answer your question, I wasn’t even thinking about the tourney.” Kung Lao replies.

Liu Kang picks up his spoon and continues to eat. Soon after Liu Kang finishes eating, and tosses his spoon and plate. He then exits the room.

Portal opens

Next to

Kahn

Shao Kahn looks up from his chair. The portal closes behind Shang Tsung and Pythena.

“So how did everything go, will they be attending the tournament?” Kahn asks.

“Yes, but only ten of them. I’m just hoping the ones we actually need out of the way, are the heroes to show up. I have a back up plan for those of them who do not show.” Pythena tells.

“I am more than confident that they will all die in the tournament, but say they do succeed. What will we do than?” Shao Kahn asks.

“Don’t worry; I have a back up plan for that as well.” Pythena says, smiling.

Shang Tsung picks up an apple and starts eating it.

“You talk as if we should be worried about these Meta humans. Who we should have are focus on, is Liu Kang and his group.” Shang Tsung says.

Pythena laughs at Shang Tsung’s suggestion.

“Are you serious, the champion of Mortal Kombat? You have got to be joking, I still can’t believe either of you were defeated by that low class fighter.” Pythena says.

Both Shang Tsung and Kahn are surprised.

“You must not know much about him, your ignorance will be your downfall. Liu Kang is not to be taken lightly.” Shao Kahn says, standing up.

Pythena walks up close to Kahn. He can feel her breath against his lips.

“When I am done with your little Liu Kang, he will be nothing but dust. Same goes for the rest of your earth realm heroes.” Pythena says.

She then walks from Shao Kahn and takes a seat in a nearby chair. She puts one of her legs over the other and crosses her arms.

“I’m hungry; do you guys have anything good to eat?” Pythena asks.

Kahn looks at her.

“I will have something made for you. Later you will have the chance of meeting Prince Goro.” Kahn tells.

Worlds away

A few hours have passed. A number of Avenger members appear at a military site, standing before Tony Stark. Tony fixes his tie before he begins.

“I called a few of you here today, to help me get behind who launched the missiles earlier today. It turns out the guy’s who did it, are now on another planet. But they launched the missile from our planet.” Tony tells.

Whispers can be heard through the crowd, with disbelief.

“I know all of this can be a little hard to believe, but I need two more participants to go to this world to find them. Spiderman, myself, and I spoke with Cap, who will be going. Did I mention five of the Justice League members will be joining us?” Tony asks.

The crowd goes silent right away. Carol steps forward.

“I will take part in this; it sounds like a serious matter.” She says.

Tony looks down at her and smiles.

“I’m glad you will be joining us, Ms. Marvel. We need one more member.” Tony says aloud.

Right away, Logan steps forward.

“I’ll come, but I would like to know a little more about this mission.” Logan says.

Tony dismisses everyone except Ms. Marvel and Wolverine. The two follow the billionaire inside.

“Alright now that the two of you will officially be joining us, I’ll tell you all the details. We are actually entering a tournament; we must win to save the soul of Sup…” Tony is cut off.

“Did you just say tournament, I thought this was important.” Forget it I drop out, you can call Mr. Banner to replace me!” Carol yells.

Tony puts his hands on her shoulders.

“Don’t leave on us, let me explain further.” Tony Stark says.

He explains in detail to the two what happened earlier in the day. The two are silent just looking at Tony.

Tony pours them all something to drink, he hands them there glasses.

“So are we solid, will the two of you join us in this mission?” Tony asks.

Both Carol and Logan reply with yes.

“Good, the two of you are dismissed. Make sure the two of you come suited up, tomorrow evening.” Tony adds.

With those last words, the three of them exit together.

Watchtower

In the meeting room sits Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Hawk man. The six Justice League members sit in silence. Flash looks at everyone, and then the ceiling.

“Hey Supes why don’t you just tell us, Batman is probably busy.” Flash says.

Superman looks over at Batman’s empty chair. He then gets up from his chair.

“Could you guy’s excuse me for a second, I’m going to see if I can get a hold of him.” Superman says, leaving the room.

Superman picks up a phone outside of the room. He dials a number. It rings a few times before being answered.

“Hello, who is this?” A voice asks.

“It’s Superman, is Bruce around Tim?” Superman asks.

Tim sits in the bat cave, suited up.

“Bruce is at a meeting, but I will give you his cell.” Robin replies.

Robin gives Superman the number, which he dials right away. He gets an answer quickly.

“Hey Bruce its Kal, I need you at the Watchtower. It’s very important.” Superman tells.

“I’m in the middle of a meeting right now; why not just tell me what is going on?” Bruce asks.

Superman quickly explains to Bruce, the events which happened earlier. Which include the details of Connor and the tournament. His eyes widen a bit at what he is hearing.

“This sounds like a problem, I should be out of this meeting soon. I will most definitely go to the tournament, I’ll than figure out what is really going on.” Bruce says.

The two say there good byes and hang up. Superman then enters the meeting room, and sits back down.

“Were you able to get in contact with him?” Wonder woman asks.

Superman looks over at her.

“Yes I was, and he has agreed to be part of this next mission.” Superman replies.

Superman clears his throat, and tells the members in the room about what happened on the island earlier. Everyone’s heart beeps speed up, with the mention of Connor Kent. He finishes up in the next ten minutes.

“Batman and I will be traveling to this world; I need three of you to join us.” Superman says.

Flash is quick to raise his hand.

“I’m definitely in!” Flash says in excitement.

Green Lantern, Wonder woman, and Hawk man look at each other. After a few seconds, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern volunteer. Superman gets up from his chair again.

“Alright good, tomorrow night we meet here. I will than lead you all to the island.” Superman says.

He gets up from his chair and exits.

To Be Continue