Thread: TVB version of Romance of The Three kingdoms

Default TVB version of Romance of The Three kingdoms

If TVB were to make a version of ROTK, who would be a perfect choice for each role?
    Last edited by michoux36; 05-18-10 at 05:14 PM.

I want to see how Louis Koo would play Guan Yu

and Frankie Lam as Hua Tuo, lolz

Quote Originally Posted by michoux36 View Post
    That would be really interesting! But I don't really see Louis Koo as Guan Yu...maybe Lu Bu, the role he was offered in the Chinese version.

Anyway, maybe Raymond Lam as Zhao Yun...I'm not sure TVB can actually pull off a version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Maybe if it's a joint production, but that would be interesting!
    "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." - E.B. White

oh nice series, I love this series, good series

The correct question is WHICH TVB ACTOR/ACTRESS would you like to see in a remake of...

TVB is unlikely, until hell freezes (but this is also unlikely due to global warming), over to remake Romance of the Three Kingdoms because it just simply cannot match Mainland productions with historical epics. This is compounded by the fact TVB seems to enjoy making series within the safety zone they've already established in terms of script/story for the past two decades. And when they try to escape this vicious cycle, they are charged with plagiarizing (I remain neutral to this issue).

The only thing TVB is doing different is the promotion of its younger actors, which I think was partly forced upon them as the TVB giants left its management.

Quote Originally Posted by mz_shirlz22 View Post
    The correct question is WHICH TVB ACTOR/ACTRESS would you like to see in a remake of...

TVB is unlikely, until hell freezes (but this is also unlikely due to global warming), over to remake Romance of the Three Kingdoms because it just simply cannot match Mainland productions with historical epics. This is compounded by the fact TVB seems to enjoy making series within the safety zone they've already established in terms of script/story for the past two decades. And when they try to escape this vicious cycle, they are charged with plagiarizing (I remain neutral to this issue).

The only thing TVB is doing different is the promotion of its younger actors, which I think was partly forced upon them as the TVB giants left its management.
    Many, including myself, know that it's very unlikely for TVB to make a historic series of ROTKs like the one from mainland. Thus, my question is hypothetical. Just to satisfy my imagination, i guess

I wish TVB would do a (well-written) remake. Mainland series are more epic and more realistic-looking, but in terms of plot, pacing, acting, and at times choreography & costumes, frequently they launch into the bizarre. Although TVB tends to do that now too, sadly.

Anyway....a remake of ROTK needs to employ veteran actors. Damien Lau played Cao Cao in a movie; I thought he was brilliant. I can't think of a single TVB actor who is epic enough to play Zhao Yun though.

i've read in another forum tvb is making a series called return of the three kingdoms.

Right. I heard that it will be similar to Ryuuroden, the manga. Hope it that good!

I'd be so so happy if they'd just do a simple short wuxia these days.. much less a grand epic.

yeah its base on the manga. time traveling. but i think i read somewhere theres going to be two main characters. ron and ray. looks like twin of brothers cast, tavia is also in.
    hopes ray in, haven't seen him in ancient dramas latetly found this off asianfanatics.net
    English Title:
    Return of The Three Kingdom

Chinese Title:
    回到三国

Chinese Pinyin: - Hui Dao San Guo
    Cantonese Title: - Wui Dou Sam Gok

Costume Fitting Date:
    March 2011

Genre:
    Ancient/Drama/History/Game Travel

Producer:
    Lau Ka Ho [Heart Of Greed, Moonlight Resonance, The Mysteries Of Love]

Script Writer:
    -

Filming Location:
    Hong Kong

Filming Length:
    -

Episodes:
    -

Cast:
    Raymond Lam
    Tavia Yeung

Info:
    *This is one of the Sales Presentation series for 2011.
    *Sales Presentation Cast include Steven Ma, Fala Chen, Evergreen Mak, Cheung Kwok Keung, Lau Dan, Chris Lai Lok Yi, Power Chan etc.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/t/0218/03ED794D8D234B3A9D76BE802671ADFA.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/t/0012/6c64fbf849265f289cfb6_690.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/t/0176/e0a085b59c4ac51c08230241.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.imagehost.org/t/0802/6c64fbf8492cf2a1b33fd_690.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/t/0977/2010_Returntothe3Kingdoms.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://b.imagehost.org/t/0951/2010_RonNgRaymondLam.jpg')

Ron Ng, Steven Ma, and Fala Chen are originally the main leads of upcoming TVB series "Return to Three Kingdoms" (回到三國) as it was seen in the 2010 TVB Sales Presentation. However, now it is said Raymond Lam and Tavia Yeung would be the leads, making the series appeared to be Season 2 of "Mysteries of Love." It is said TVB hopes to push Raymond and Tavia to be TV King and Queen of next year with this series. A bunch of netizens have been discussing this incident already and many object Raymond replacing Ron, saying it is unfair to Ron.

Reporters contacted Ron yesterday and he frankly said he has heard of the dispute. As for it is possible that Raymond would take his role, he said: "Actually everyone knows the leads in the sales presentation promotion clips won't necessary be arranged to shoot the drama. Not only this one, but it happens to other dramas as well. Although I think it's an interesting drama when I was reading the script, but I won't mind. Plus, I heard this drama to start shooting in March. I need to shoot "Forensic Heroes 3" by then, so there's a schedule conflict, can't shoot this drama at all." In addition, asked whether he afraid to have rumors again with Charmaine Sheh during shooting "Forensic Heroes 3," he said: "No, we're only working."

Source: Oriental Daily / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 01-18-11 at 08:02 PM.

that's a very eloquent and well mannered response on ron's part. =)
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

i saw the trailer for this...its horrid...can't the do a proper film?!...oh wait this is TVB...sigh...
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

New update. This is the actual cast of the series (cast and story in sale presentation sometimes will be different from the actual series). I didn't list all. Those that characters are not confirmed or the roles are small, I didn't list.

Raymond Lam - Zhuge Liang
    Kenneth Ma - Sima Xin (later became Sima Yi) - time-travel guy
    Tavia Yeung - Sang Rou (Liu Bei's maid)
    Joel Chan - Sun Quan
    Leung Ka Ki - Huang Yue Ying
    Ruco Chan - Zhou Yu
    Lee Kwok Lun - Liu Bei
    Fung So Bo - Madam Wu (Sun Quan's mom)
    Mary Hon - Madam Cai (Liu Cong's mom)
    Jack Wu - Liu Qi
    Vin Choi - Liu Cong
    Savio Tsang - Zhang Fei
    Law Lok Lam - Cao Cao
    Cheung Chi Kwong - Xun Yu
    Cheung Chung Chi - Zhao Zi Long
    Jimmy Au - Guan Yu
    Rachel Kan - Liu Bei's wife
    Jones Lee - Cui Hao
    Sharon Chan - Xiao Qiao

Source: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/回到三國
    Last edited by kidd; 04-14-11 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Change Jess Shum -> Sharon Chan
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

In the praying ceremony, Sharon was interviewed. She said producer told her that her version of Xiao Qiao will have 'princess illness' and act like a 'hong kong girl'.

This is so disappointing.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

any pix of this series? It sound interesting?

I just wanna watch this badly. But viki stop subbing it or its taking forever! I like Lubu the villain. ha. ha, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by michoux36 View Post

Wong Hei as Guan Yu

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/23/abcdsd.jpg')

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 05-08-11 at 01:35 PM.