Thread: Arizona

Default Arizona

I'm planning to take a trip to Arizona sometime soon and was wondering if there was anything else interesting to do or see besides the Grand Canyon? Anything interesting around Maricopa County especially? Any restaurants to recommend as well?

Monument Valley is another American landmark, where many Western movies were made.

There's also a place called Horseshoe Bend
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The one restaurant I would absolutely recommend is Yasu in Phoenix. Great sushi and other Japanese food, especially considering it is in the middle of the desert. Definitely try something off the grill... slow-cooked charcoal grilled yummies! It's not cheap, nor is it quiet and romantic. If you arrive during dinner times, expect a wait. The food there was enough motivation for us to drive 6 hours to Phoenix every six weeks for about eight months. It's been 1.5 years since I've eaten there, so hopefully the quality is still as good.

I've never made it there (preferring to shop in Phoenix and get a decent haircut before I returned to the small town I was living in), but I've heard from many people that Sedona is nice to visit. It's only a ~ 1.5 hour drive north of the greater Phoenix area.

Monument Valley may be a little far for you. However, I really liked it and thought the $5 pp entrance fee was worth it. Landscape is gorgeous. If you do go (despite it technically being in Utah, albeit a stone's throw from the Utah-Arizona border), make sure you have a decent vehicle with some height. Roads are unpaved and often full of ruts. We saw people in sportier cars having some difficulties at times. I wouldn't recommend going if the forecast predicts wet weather. Those roads could muddy up pretty quickly and become mud traps in spots.

Thank you for all the replies everyone!

PJ, the pictures from the link you posted of Horshoe Bend are very pretty. I'd definitely like to to go there. I gotta go research how long it will take to get there first though.

Monument Valley sounds like an interesting place to go see too but it seems kind of far from Maricopa. Even the Grand Canyon from there seems like a long drive. But I would really like to see both places too. I wonder how far the drive is. By the way, is it even a good idea to go to these places during the summer? Would it be too hot to step outside for sightseeing?

Hoju!, Yasu sounds like great restaurant. Sushi and charcoaled grilled yummies sounds good. Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely be sure to try that place out.

I've tried doing some research on Maricopa but there doesn't seem to be much to do it that city. I guess it's more interesting to drive out to Phoenix and Sedona, huh?

Thanks again for all the recommendations everyone!